1. Post #961
    Lmao Pics Authority Jesus
    February 2012
    7,354 Posts
    Apparently Claptrap says "Allons-y" (referencing the 10th Doctor) in the opening sequence. I don't have BL2 so I can't verify.

or you know

fucking the french language

doctor who did not invent saying "allon-sy"

I'm enjoying Borderlands 2 a lot though, but the memes are downright unbearable, it seems like a lot of grown men attempting to appeal to the "Hip kids" these days.

There's tons of "U MAD BRO" and "COME AT ME BRO" kinda references. My character, Zer0, when he attacks every now and again he yells "YOU ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD!"

I hear people talk about how hillarious borderlands is but it's not funny at all honestly, it's Family Guy humor. Reference the internet than say butt stallion
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree x 63Disagree x 8Informative x 1Artistic x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #962
    Absolute tosser, manchild, and belligerent douche-nozzle.
    July 2006
    11,031 Posts
    Boobs get posted, aren't LMAO, people rejoice

A gif of a cat falling posted, isn't LMAO, what a travesty, national day of mourning.

That theory that all the kids in Rugrats are figments of Angelicas imagination?

To steal from Creepypasta wiki

The Rugrats really were a figment of Angelica's imagination.

Chuckie died a long time ago along with his mother, that's why Chaz is a nervous wreck all the time.

Tommy was a stillborn, that's why Stu is constantly in the basement making toys for the son who never had a chance to live.

The DeVilles had an abortion, Angelica couldn't figure whether it would be a boy or a girl thus creating the twins.  

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 62Funny Funny x 2Late Late x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #963
    The King Of Ero-Ero
    November 2009
    7,317 Posts
    There's tons of "U MAD BRO" and "COME AT ME BRO" kinda references. My character, Zer0, when he attacks every now and again he yells "YOU ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD!"

Getting a crit kill with Axton sometimes makes him say "Cool story bro"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #964
    February 2012
    7,354 Posts
    Getting a crit kill with Axton sometimes makes him say "Cool story bro"
    ughhhhh

seriously the gameplay is a lot of fun and looting and shooting is some cool stuff but really the memejokes just seem like flat out pandering to 12 year olds
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 30Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #965
    I'm Going To Hell.
    January 2010
    965 Posts
    So I played Borderlands 2 a bit and decided to listen to generic NPC banter.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 58Funny Funny x 35Winner Winner x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #966
    February 2012
    7,354 Posts
    maybe when they were making Borderlands 2 this joke was still relevant

like, they added this line in the meme's 5 hour life cycle
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 16Funny Funny x 6 (list)

7. Post #967
    The King Of Ero-Ero
    November 2009
    7,317 Posts
    ughhhhh

seriously the gameplay is a lot of fun and looting and shooting is some cool stuff but really the memejokes just seem like flat out pandering to 12 year olds
    Really though, the amount of other lines and jokes make up for it. I mean just listen to the midget psychos, for example. Their lines are hilarious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

8. Post #968
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    13,719 Posts
    You guys are letting maybe 5 out of the bucketloads of voice lines get you irritated.

It's like finding an ant in a house and saying the whole goddamn thing is ruined. You are blowing it way out of proportion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 36Informative Informative x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #969
    Deviantart Appreciation Station's Finest
    Dennab
    April 2009
    21,969 Posts
    So I played Borderlands 2 a bit and decided to listen to generic NPC banter.

That's me in the back :D

Edited:

This is sadder:

BIOSHOCK 2, ONLY GAME THAT EVER MADE ME TEAR UP!
    Was it a good ending to a good story that teared me up? Yes.

Is sadder than someone spending his time with her dying friend? Fuck not at all, in fact I think it's terrible you find something from a game "sadder" than someone actually dying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #970
    February 2012
    7,354 Posts
    This is sadder:

BIOSHOCK 2, ONLY GAME THAT EVER MADE ME TEAR UP!
    if you genuinely think Bioshock 2 is sadder than the story of someone's best friend passing away then you need to re-evaluate things
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 56Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #971
    Vomit Vigilante
    January 2012
    5,077 Posts
    if you genuinely think Bioshock 2 is sadder than the story of someone's best friend passing away then you need to re-evaluate things
    I never watched Cowboy BumpBump, or whatever the bloody hell it's called, and to be honest, I think losing your father to a bunch of drug crazed mutants commanded by your controlling bitch of a mother would be a little worse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 57Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #972
    February 2012
    7,354 Posts
    I never watched Cowboy BumpBump, or whatever the bloody hell it's called, and to be honest, I think losing your father to a bunch of drug crazed mutants commanded by your controlling bitch of a mother would be a little worse.
    umm okay here's the main differences here

-Bioshock 2 is fictional
    -Delta is not even her real father sorry
    -and he didn't actually get killed by drug crazed mutants, he got killed by Elanor's bond being broken
    -also how is it sad she harvests him so now he lives forever in her brain
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15 (list)

13. Post #973
    Vomit Vigilante
    January 2012
    5,077 Posts

-Bioshock 2 is fictional
    -Delta is not even her real father sorry
    -and he didn't actually get killed by drug crazed mutants, he got killed by Elanor's bond being broken
    -also how is it sad she harvests him so now he lives forever in her brain
    Your second point is unsupported, Delta being or not being her father is never referenced in game, unless you count Sofia's transmissions, which are considered unreliable, and the original script for the game made mention of Johnny Topside being Eleanor's real father, but it was removed as to not interfere with the game's formula of the player creating Delta's identity.

First point is unreliable, Space Cowboys don't exist in my knowledge.

Last point is understandable with the other endings, but the good ending acknowledges that Delta was going to die anyways even if she didn't harvest him.

Oh, and I wasn't talking about the green text, I was talking about the video, sorry if I didn't make that clear.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 17Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #974
    Puddin'
    November 2008
    6,814 Posts
    You guys are letting maybe 5 out of the bucketloads of voice lines get you irritated.

It's like finding an ant in a house and saying the whole goddamn thing is ruined. You are blowing it way out of proportion.
    It's the kind of thing you'd expect from a place like /v/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #975
    fucking incredible
    September 2008
    1,596 Posts
    sorry if I didn't make that clear.
    Yeah you really didn't make that clear.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

16. Post #976
    Spends his cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention
    January 2012
    10,017 Posts

-Bioshock 2 is fictional
    Cowboy Bebop, 100% facts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 25Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #977
    Dennab
    January 2010
    4,943 Posts
    Your second point is unsupported, Delta being or not being her father is never referenced in game, unless you count Sofia's transmissions, which are considered unreliable, and the original script for the game made mention of Johnny Topside being Eleanor's real father, but it was removed as to not interfere with the game's formula of the player creating Delta's identity.

First point is unreliable, Space Cowboys don't exist in my knowledge.

Last point is understandable with the other endings, but the good ending acknowledges that Delta was going to die anyways even if she didn't harvest him.

Oh, and I wasn't talking about the green text, I was talking about the video, sorry if I didn't make that clear.
    And now they start arguing over death and Bioshock 2 in a thread made for funny pictures.

Only in LMAO Pics...

18. Post #978
    Vomit Vigilante
    January 2012
    5,077 Posts
    Cowboy Bebop, 100% facts.
    LMAO pics V. People Arguing About Whether or Not Bioshock 2 is Sad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #979
    February 2012
    7,354 Posts
    And now they start arguing over death and Bioshock 2 in a thread made for funny pictures.

Only in LMAO Pics...
    In short

IRL death is probably sadder than video game death
    Bioshock 1 > Bioshock 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

20. Post #980
    fucking incredible
    September 2008
    1,596 Posts
    Only in LMAO Pics...
    Clearly you've never been to 4chan. Or reddit. Or really, anywhere that has threads for funny pictures.

21. Post #981
    February 2012
    7,354 Posts
    LMAO pics V. People Arguing About Whether or Not Bioshock 2 is Sad.
    this is one of those jokes everyone does

"LMAO PICS V. SOMETHING WE TALKED ABOUT FOR 3 POSTS"

why
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #982
    January 2012
    10,017 Posts
    In short

Bioshock 1 > Bioshock 2
    Shit posted on /b/, also 100% facts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

23. Post #983
    Vomit Vigilante
    January 2012
    5,077 Posts
    In short

Bioshock 1 > Bioshock 2
    I didn't care for Bioshock 1's story line, it was good, but I felt like they could have done better. The characters and the gameplay was great, but it lacked significantly in choices you could make. And don't try to pull the "Would You Kindly," routine on me, we all know what happens.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Dumb Dumb x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #984
    February 2012
    7,354 Posts
    I didn't care for Bioshock 1's story line, it was good, but I felt like they could have done better. The characters and the gameplay was great, but it lacked significantly in choices you could make. And don't try to pull the "Would You Kindly," routine on me, we all know what happens.

Nope. I'm done. I'm out.
    If you honestly belive that Bioshock 2 was a better game storywise than you really just don't understand good video games sorry

the whole fucking THING WAS ABOUT YOUR LACK OF CHOCIE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 10Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

25. Post #985
    Vomit Vigilante
    January 2012
    5,077 Posts
    Pat yourselves on the backs, mates. You have just helped me inadvertently derail and possibly ruin an entire thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 19 (list)

26. Post #986
    February 2012
    7,354 Posts
    Pat yourselves on the backs, mates. You have just helped me inadvertently derail and possibly ruin an entire thread.
    don't get to full of yourself all you managed to do was get a few people to point out that you say silly things

this was not even more than 1 page

so relax
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

27. Post #987
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    3,018 Posts
    Trust me, you barely derailed anything and you really can't ruin LMAO pics.

Your type's pretty much a dime a dozen here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #988
    Vomit Vigilante
    January 2012
    5,077 Posts
    Nope. I'm done. I'm out.
    If you honestly belive that Bioshock 2 was a better game storywise than you really just don't understand good video games sorry

the whole fucking THING WAS ABOUT YOUR LACK OF CHOCIE
    The game constantly references that Jack has a small amount of free choice, just because Atlas tells him to harvest a little sister, does he do it, no, he has a choice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 16 (list)

29. Post #989
    I love doge and other memes, please post them on my profile!!!
    June 2012
    8,120 Posts
    The game constantly references that Jack has a small amount of free choice, just because Atlas tells him to harvest a little sister, does he do it, no, he has a choice.
    You are mostly rated
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny x 17Agree x 2Winner x 1Zing x 1Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #990
    February 2012
    7,354 Posts
    ...Yes. That's kind of the point. The Little Sisters are the one place in Rapture where Jack is allowed to test his OWN morality. No one makes a choice for him. That's the whole SODDING POINT that's why the endings are based around the Little Sisters.

No one forces Jack to do these things. So while everyone else forces Jack to be a violent murderer, with the Little Sisters we can see what Jack himself personally belives or in this case the player

you do not get why Bioshock 1 was good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

31. Post #991
    Vomit Vigilante
    January 2012
    5,077 Posts
    ...Yes. That's kind of the point. The Little Sisters are the one place in Rapture where Jack is allowed to test his OWN morality. No one makes a choice for him. That's the whole SODDING POINT that's why the endings are based around the Little Sisters.

No one forces Jack to do these things. So while everyone else forces Jack to be a violent murderer, with the Little Sisters we can see what Jack himself personally belives or in this case the player

you do not get why Bioshock 1 was good.

I will agree, it was a really great game, and I did enjoy the storyline in areas where it didn't seem to suffer. It's still one of my favorite singleplayer games, ranking third on my list. The first is Fallout: 3.

Let's get back to content:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 14 (list)

32. Post #992
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    1,970 Posts
    this thread is definitely living up to its name
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #993
    February 2012
    7,354 Posts
    I will agree, it was a really great game, and I did enjoy the storyline in areas where it didn't seem to suffer. It's still one of my favorite singleplayer games, ranking third on my list. The first is Fallout: 3.
    I would reprimand you for that as well but honestly I'm tired and the good patrons of this thread don't give too much of a shit right now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

34. Post #994
    DERAILER OF THREADS DESTROYER OF IDIOTS
    February 2009
    34,628 Posts
    Dear christ, not a single picture in all the new posts.

[h2]Allow I, Emperor Scorpious II, to save the peasants from petty arguments[/h2]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #995
    January 2012
    10,017 Posts
    Fallout 3's story blew even more than either of those.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

36. Post #996
    February 2009
    34,628 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 94Disagree Disagree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #997
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    5,910 Posts
    for fucks sake take this to private messaging
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

38. Post #998
    February 2009
    34,628 Posts

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 110Friendly Friendly x 7 (list)

39. Post #999
    September 2009
    1,908 Posts
    no
    nyet
    nein
    STOP TALKING ABOUT FUCKING BIOSHOCK
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 3Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #1000
    February 2009
    34,628 Posts

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 116Zing Zing x 1 (list)