1. Post #1
    I once worked at a sperm bank, the food was terrible
    April 2011
    9,230 Posts

. Los Angeles (AP)- A chef on trial Tuesday for his wife's murder told sheriff's investigators that they couldn't find his wife's body because he had cooked it for four days in boiling water until little was left but her skull.

Los Angeles Superior Court jurors heard David Viens make the statements in a recorded interview with sheriff's investigators that was played in court during his murder trial.

"I just slowly cooked it and I ended up cooking her for four days," Viens could be heard saying on the recording, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Viens gave detectives the interview as he lay in a hospital bed in March 2011, after leaping off an 80-foot cliff in Rancho Palos Verdes when he learned he was a suspect in the late 2009 disappearance of his wife, Dawn Viens, 39, whose body was never found.

Viens, whose injuries from the leap have him attending his trial in a wheelchair, said in the interview that he stuffed his wife's body in a 55-gallon drum of boiling water and kept it submerged with weights.

He said he mixed what remained after four days with other waste, dumping some of it in a grease pit at his restaurant in Lomita, and putting the rest in the trash.

He said the only significant thing left was his wife's skull, which he stashed in his mother's attic at her home in Torrance. But a search of the house turned up nothing, nor did an excavation of the restaurant.

On the recording played in court, sheriff's Sgt. Richard Garcia asked Viens what happened on Oct. 18, 2009, the night his wife disappeared.

"For some reason I just got violent," he said.
    http://www.blackamericaweb.com/news/...wife-four-days
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly x 109Winner x 10Informative x 10Funny x 8Artistic x 2Zing x 1Useful x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    DID I MENTION I PLAY BANJO
    July 2010
    7,506 Posts
    What the christ
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 152 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    632 Posts
    That, Is violently disturbing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 48Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Bus Driver
    December 2009
    8,342 Posts
    What would possess someone to even do something like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    8,277 Posts
    What would possess someone to even do something like that.
    He's implied to be mentally disturbed, attempting to do suicide after it and even saying "for some reason I got violent".

Either way, he's a fucking nut.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,651 Posts
    I bet that guy can make a good stew.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny x 62Dumb x 2Informative x 1Agree x 1Zing x 1Optimistic x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    One of these days, I'm going to cut you into little pieces.
    May 2011
    5,929 Posts
    understatement of the year
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 106Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    February 2012
    33 Posts
    holy fuck that's delicious insane
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 55 (list)

9. Post #9
    May 2011
    5,929 Posts
    also this kinda reminds me of breaking bad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree x 73Dumb x 3Funny x 2Late x 1Informative x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    July 2010
    4,221 Posts
    At least he knows how to properly dispose of a body I guess.

That automatically puts him several levels above the usual moron.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 25Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    I once worked at a sperm bank, the food was terrible
    April 2011
    9,230 Posts
    also this kinda reminds me of breaking bad
    How just curious? (don't watch TV)

12. Post #12
    June 2012
    1,563 Posts
    To dispose of bodies the main characters put bodies of people they've killed in drums of hydrochloric acid and then they get rid of the barrels
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    11,053 Posts
    How just curious? (don't watch TV)
       There's a scene where one of the characters dissolves someone they've murdered in a bath   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    June 2012
    1,563 Posts
    Man you don't really need to spoiler tag that do you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2006
    6,827 Posts
       There's a scene where one of the characters dissolves someone they've murdered in a bath   
    Yeah, but a bath would just really be a hard clean up. Why just get a barrel, and put the body in there, then put it in a really unknown place, and bury it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

16. Post #16
    May 2011
    5,929 Posts
    because the secondary character is a retard

anyway
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12Disagree Disagree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    11,053 Posts
    Man you don't really need to spoiler tag that do you?
    I figured logically some people might not have seen Breaking Bad, hear people talking about it and they could start shitting themselves about spoilers so it's just to save some hassle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

18. Post #18
    May 2011
    900 Posts
    Pfftt.... This is more "Bones" than breaking bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Zing Zing x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    (Banned Depressed user.
    Dennab
    July 2010
    4,828 Posts
    what the actual fuck?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    Clops with bisousbisous daily <3
    December 2010
    9,188 Posts
    No fucking shit you got violent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    I love bestiality!
    May 2009
    4,855 Posts
    waste of good meat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree x 7Funny x 4Friendly x 2Dumb x 1Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    July 2010
    4,221 Posts
    Yeah, but a bath would just really be a hard clean up. Why just get a barrel, and put the body in there, then put it in a really unknown place, and bury it.
    That didn't work in Russia.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    He didn't say if he killed her then cooked the body or cooked her alive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    5,356 Posts
    This just Boils my blood.
    No but seriously, "I just got violent" isn't a proper reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 8Dumb Dumb x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    October 2009
    6,412 Posts
    Pretty clever way to dispose a body.

Too bad the smell would be a dead giveaway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,712 Posts
       Yeah, Jesse ended up pouring in acid into the bath and dissolving body in it and it was against Walter's will for him to do it, so what happened is that acid chewed up through the bathtub and the floor then all the body remains ended up flooding floor below through the hole. Walter told him to get special container made from certain type of plastic which acid would not dissolve.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    2,082 Posts
    They didn't find any remains at the Mothers house or at the restaurant so maybe its just a insane man babbling.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #28
    July 2010
    1,125 Posts
    im suddenly craving soup.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    Voted WORST Gold Member 2012
    August 2005
    15,769 Posts
    If read how he disposed the remains, the cooking really did add nothing to his murder receipt.

30. Post #30
    Das ist mein Teil.

Thread music:

Shit, I'm just gonna post this in every thread about cannibalism from now on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 5Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,717 Posts
    If read how he disposed the remains, the cooking really did add nothing to his murder receipt.
    Pretty sure he only cooked her because that's a pretty easy way to strip the bones of flesh and liquefy the rest of the body if you do it long enough (and considering he did it for 4 days, im going to assume that's long enough)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,805 Posts
    Reminds me of John George Haigh

You know, that guy

33. Post #33
    August 2008
    5,610 Posts
    For some reason the guy reminds me of the [10] guy.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,579 Posts
    eughauhgheuheaheuhe

the thought of a human body being liquified always made me queasy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    January 2011
    2,551 Posts
    He may be insane, but that's pretty nifty!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #36
    December 2011
    2,265 Posts
    What possessed him to liquefy her in the first place. I mean who even thinks "oh shit I just killed my wife better go cook her until I can rinse her down the drain".

37. Post #37
    Dennab
    September 2012
    581 Posts
    Reminds me of this: (Warning, rather gross and disturbing, no shock intended, hide your women and lock your kids in lockers its gross)

http://poetry.rotten.com/simmer/

Its post-mortem pics and story of an old man who bathed and dropped something electric into the water   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Informative Informative x 8Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    January 2011
    2,551 Posts
    What possessed him to liquefy her in the first place. I mean who even thinks "oh shit I just killed my wife better go cook her until I can rinse her down the drain".
    Someone who's insane and in extreme pressure after killing someone? I'd think about getting rid of body too, tbh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    12,033 Posts
    A clever guy who wants to avoid being convicted.

Edited:

Reminds me of this: (Warning, rather gross and disturbing, no shock intended, hide your women and lock your kids in lockers its gross)

http://poetry.rotten.com/simmer/

Its post-mortem pics and story of an old man who bathed and dropped something electric into the water   
    [h2]Jesus christ[/h2]

Well that's one way to kill bacteria.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

40. Post #40
    HEY GUYS DID I MENTION I'M IN THE ARMY
    March 2006
    3,297 Posts
    Now, the question here is, even if he most certainly did kill his wife, will the prosecution have any evidence at all to convict him?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)