1. Post #1
    I AM GOING TO FUCK UP YOUR WALLET SO BADLY YOU'LL BE FEELING IT FOR WEEKS
    March 2007
    10,770 Posts

http://store.steampowered.com/news/8890/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Winner Winner x 39 (list)

2. Post #2
    [B][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacos"]Tacos![/URL][/B]
    April 2008
    5,450 Posts
    I had the demo since yesterday, tried to buy the full version and this happened.

53 million dollars? Totally worth it!
    ($1 = 80 MSPoints)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 47Winner Winner x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    If someone calls you a whore, salute them!
    July 2007
    13,864 Posts
    Hope it isn't a bad port.

Edited:

They need to port JSRF too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,068 Posts
    oh childhood

5. Post #5
    Frog Member
    February 2008
    2,579 Posts
    I had the demo since yesterday, tried to buy the full version and this happened.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...62723653_o.jpg
    53 million dollars? Totally worth it!
    ($1 = 80 MSPoints)
    I'd pay it assuming the port isn't shitty
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    7,121 Posts
    mother god damn holy fuck YES (all the music is still in, right?)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    5,034 Posts
    Is this any good?

8. Post #8
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    11,117 Posts
    Still have the original for the dreamcast
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 3 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,068 Posts
    just tried it

ITS A HORRIBLE PORT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 13Disagree Disagree x 4Useful Useful x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    April 2008
    5,450 Posts
    Still have the original for the dreamcast
    I envy you...I wish I could find both it and a dreamcast. Would be awesome!

Edited:

just tried it

ITS A HORRIBLE PORT
    Are you serious? The demo was just fine. Looked great. My only gripe would be the audio. Sounds like my speakers are eating themselves when D.J Prof K talks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Frog Member
    February 2008
    2,579 Posts
    just tried it

ITS A HORRIBLE PORT
    fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,068 Posts
    I envy you...I wish I could find both it and a dreamcast. Would be awesome!

Edited:

Are you serious? The demo was just fine. Looked great. My only gripe would be the audio. Sounds like my speakers are eating themselves when D.J Prof K talks.
    I am at 15 fps thus its horrible to play

I can not get deeper into the settings menu
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

13. Post #13
    I am no one's bitch now! AHAHA!
    October 2008
    4,185 Posts

i guess it's good that i didn't buy it yet..

14. Post #14
    April 2008
    5,450 Posts

On PC? I tried the Xbox demo. Ran fine for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,068 Posts
    On PC? I tried the Xbox demo. Ran fine for me.
    yes pc i dont have a 360

if you are honestly trying to compare a console port to a pc port you seem to be having some logic problems
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

16. Post #16
    April 2008
    5,450 Posts
    yes pc i dont have a 360
    Well you can't say it's a horrible port because of your system. I don't know your set up, but it's entirely possible your computer just doesn't like it. With that said however, it is also entirely possible that these guys didn't know what they were doing with the PC version in which case we can look forward to future patches that may fix it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    A true breast lover loves all breasts, regardless of the size.
    May 2010
    2,539 Posts
    just tried it

ITS A HORRIBLE PORT

After buying the abysmal THPSHD port yesterday, this better not be true.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,068 Posts
    Well you can't say it's a horrible port because of your system. I don't know your set up, but it's entirely possible your computer just doesn't like it. With that said however, it is also entirely possible that these guys didn't know what they were doing with the PC version in which case we can look forward to future patches that may fix it.
    I am not the only one having FPS problems. I also can not control it with a gamepad even though it has the correct graphics indicating that it supports it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    April 2008
    5,450 Posts
    if you are honestly trying to compare a console port to a pc port you seem to be having some logic problems
    It was a question to determine which version of the game you are playing so that I may understand the situation better. If it was on an Xbox or PS3 I would be concerned with the FPS issue as I have yet to experience it. But since it's on PC it is completely understandable as to why you claim it to be a horrible port. However, you should have stated it is a bad port and WHY. For example; "ITS A HORRIBLE PC PORT because I'm getting 15fps and horrible menu controls."

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,068 Posts
    When going into a pause menu, the enter key is escape and there is ZERO way to select any option that I can find. Also when you are within the pause menu the enter key no longer takes you out, escape does.

I dont even know how to control the damn game because it continues to prompt me with 360 controls.

21. Post #21
    April 2008
    5,450 Posts
    When going into a pause menu, the enter key is escape and there is ZERO way to select any option that I can find. Also when you are within the pause menu the enter key no longer takes you out, escape does.

I dont even know how to control the damn game because it continues to prompt me with 360 controls.
    I'm sorry that PC got shafted, and I can't say the Xbox doesn't have issues. I've only tried the demo, nothing else as of yet. By the sounds of it though THPS got the worst port. Watching TB right now and he doesn't like anything and the PC version got shafted BIG time. Less features, barely passable "hd" textures and no multiplayer.

For JSR the only thing I know of is that 30% of the original soundtrack is missing because the bands don't exist anymore or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    May 2011
    1,953 Posts
    OK i'm playing the pc version and i'm having no problems at all, framerate is fine and my controller works.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 7Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    8,735 Posts
    I just bought it. Steam is an asshole for having the game avaliable before they announced it.

But on my PC it works just fine. Its a good port, I don't know if they got the last missing song but all if not most of the music is there. I'm using Xpadder to convert the keyboard controls to gamepad controls and it's fine. I've been to the Pause menu a couple of times and it worked fine too.

Oh man, I love this game

24. Post #24
    Certified Witch - Cutie Department
    April 2007
    14,088 Posts
    My framerate is fine

the problem is the game runs slowly like in slow motion. there is no sync option.

hope theres a fix soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    May 2011
    1,953 Posts
    I am a master artist
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 19Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
    November 2010
    4,232 Posts
    It's working fine for me, and my computer's a prebuilt piece of shit with an i3 and no graphics card. Odd.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

27. Post #27
    it's pronounced camel
    May 2010
    3,348 Posts
    The game works perfectly for me. I hope they remake JSRF in HD too; it's one of my favorite games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts
    I hope they release this on Android.

29. Post #29
    Into The Lasagnaverse
    October 2008
    1,589 Posts
    Is this worth the buy? I have always enjoyed this game but I really don't
    want to waste my money if the PC version is a crappy port

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    8,735 Posts
    I hope they release this on Android.
    I think they will, but you'll have to wait a month

Edited:

So I got the Rival Challenge thing from Yo-Yo, after that level with the Noise Tanks, and guess what

He says "Yo!" in Tab's voice

Awful remake 0/10 would not play again

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,649 Posts
    *Goes in game*
    *Goes into tutorial*
    *Sees 360 controller button prompts*

Oooooh nooooooo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    it's pronounced camel
    May 2010
    3,348 Posts
    Is this worth the buy? I have always enjoyed this game but I really don't
    want to waste my money if the PC version is a crappy port
    I don't have a problem with it. I use a controller though, so I can't vouch for keyboard+mouse users. In terms of performance it runs well.

33. Post #33
    September 2012
    6 Posts
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=97590855
    The game runs fine for me though it's capped at 31 FPS. My gamecube controller to USB thing seemed to work fine with the game by default somehow.

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    8,735 Posts
    *Goes in game*
    *Goes into tutorial*
    *Sees 360 controller button prompts*

Oooooh nooooooo.
    I don't know how you people miss the key-config screen

It says "Jump - Z or whatever", all you gotta do is set it up

35. Post #35
    If someone calls you a whore, salute them!
    July 2007
    13,864 Posts
    I don't know how you people miss the key-config screen

It says "Jump - Z or whatever", all you gotta do is set it up
    That's still incredibly lazy.

36. Post #36
    February 2008
    561 Posts
    That settings menu when you start it up is pretty jank, and I had no idea about the key controls because I use a controller, but as far as i'm concerned it works fine, exactly as it is on the dreamcast.

They better fucking do JSRF now.

37. Post #37
    October 2010
    2,112 Posts
    Man, I only played JSRF, and that was because it came with my original Xbox back when it first came out. It was that and some silly racing game. But man, did I love JSRF. Can't wait till they port that too. Hopefully, it won't be shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    April 2008
    5,450 Posts
    Man, I only played JSRF, and that was because it came with my original Xbox back when it first came out. It was that and some silly racing game. But man, did I love JSRF. Can't wait till they port that too. Hopefully, it won't be shit.
    Sega GT 2002. Great game, not silly. Totally game of the year all years. Except for JSRF, that game is Game of all worlds all universes.

39. Post #39
    Fuck Arnold Palmer
    April 2011
    8,745 Posts
    Sega GT 2002. Great game, not silly. Totally game of the year all years. Except for JSRF, that game is Game of all worlds all universes.
    I never even touched Sega GT, I only played JSRF
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gotta say that after that horribad terrible piece of shit THPSHD this is a breath of fresh air. Runs perfectly at max AA on my terrible 9400GT/dualcore 3ghz machine, and it's one of the prettiest games I've seen in a WHILE. It looks, sounds and plays great.