1. Post #2081
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,853 Posts
    You lied, I can't preform math problems on my gun.
    if billy's gun has 10 rounds in the magazine, and he fires 4 shots, how many bullets are left in the magazine?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #2082
    1,260,000 Is still just over half of the battle of Stalingrad, which is considered a "win"
    Those estimates were just for the first few weeks of the battle. The invasion of japan could have taken years if Japan planned their resistance properly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

3. Post #2083
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,769 Posts
    if billy's gun has 10 rounds in the magazine, and he fires 4 shots, how many bullets are left in the magazine?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

4. Post #2084
    The one thing Russia would have over Japan though would be man power. They literally could just throw troops at Japan until the Japs ran out of ammo and their swords go too dull to cut.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #2085
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,853 Posts
    turn around and plug your ears
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

6. Post #2086
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,186 Posts
    Sure you can, it just takes a lot of skill and ammo to be able to shoot out a long-division problem at 100m.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

7. Post #2087
    Facepunch armorer
    February 2010
    3,978 Posts
    The one thing Russia would have over Japan though would be man power. They literally could just throw troops at Japan until the Japs ran out of ammo and their swords go too dull to cut.
    Total casualty estimates from X-day and beyond:

American: 2 million

Japanese: at least 50% of the archipelago's population.

We did the right thing nuking them into submission. If we hadn't, then I believe we would have been forced to level every major city in the invasion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #2088

January 2010
    1,271 Posts
    Total casualty estimates from X-day and beyond:

American: 2 million

Japanese: at least 50% of the archipelago's population.

We did the right thing nuking them into submission. If we hadn't, then I believe we would have been forced to level every major city in the invasion.
    I agree, my only thought was that the Japanese would be able to overcome the lack of man power by drawing on the resources, including man power, of the areas they had come to control, and that, with out a second front (Australia was not about to launch an attack on Japan and China, well, sucked.) They could have held minimal troops in China and the south pacific and put up enough of a fight against the Russians to beat them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #2089
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

10. Post #2090
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
    November 2010
    4,182 Posts
    Obviously we need to develop rail-mounted calculators.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

11. Post #2091
    What fun is there in making sense?
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts
    In the meantime, I've been offered two trades for my 1911.

I've been offered another 1911, and a Glock in .45 GAP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

12. Post #2092

January 2010
    1,271 Posts
    In the meantime, I've been offered two trades for my 1911.

I've been offered another 1911, and a Glock in .45 GAP.
    So you've been offered a 1911 and a piece of crap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #2093
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,100 Posts
    shoot your teacher, no more math problems!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #2094
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

15. Post #2095
    DVD Rewinder Whistleblower
    February 2007
    1,573 Posts
    shoot your teacher, no more math problems!
    When I was still in high school (junior year specifically), a student in one of my other classes mentioned this and ended up expelled and charged with conspiracy because another teacher overheard him discussing with a classmate.

Fortunately I had got my edginess out halfway through sophomore year when I realized blowing up and going on rants was a terrible idea.

Edit:

In an attempt to keep this firearms related, is there a place to buy adjustable competition stocks out of sheet metal? I saw a stock for a Winchester that was made out of Aluminum and had all the knobs to adjust the cheek rest, trigger pull and etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #2096
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,199 Posts
    I can't tell if that's hilarious or just fucking awesome.

Can it count the number of rounds in my glorious Communist weapons? Moist nugget with a round counter

17. Post #2097
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,853 Posts
    only for baretta 92 and s&w mp40 pistols
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #2098
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,452 Posts
    Here's the thing about the whole Soviet-Japanese war scenario. The Russians failed miserably in the first Russo-Japanese war back in 1904-1905. It was a major embarrassment, and showed the Japanese that they were ready to take on just about anyone. However, after the first world-war, Russia (shortly later the Soviet Union) had some understanding about prolonged conflict. When the Japanese invaded China, the Chinese were severely ill-prepared, and did not have any of the supplies needed for fighting the Japanese. This made the Japanese cocky, and again the Japanese engaged the Soviets in the Khalkhyn Gol incident. Again, the Soviets werenít ready, and were crushed by an overwhelming Japanese army.

Though both sides turned to their invaders, such as the Soviets to the Nazis, and the Japanese to the Americans, they still had their conflicts. As said before, Manchuria and much of the northern islands of Japan were under Soviet control. Had the Americans stopped their attack on Japan, and the Soviets would be tasked to invade, it wouldnít go well for either side. The Soviets were used to attacking in large numbers of shock brigades in urban, snowy or forested environments. Much of Japan is mountainous or low-lying jungles. The Soviets also hadnít mounted many sea-born invasions except for the rare conflicts on the small volcanic islands. The Soviet tactics didnít differ much from the Japanese, although their equipment was better.

The Japanese would instantaneously pull in reserves and militiamen, much like the Soviets. The Soviets would run out of supplies and be eventually forced to pull back to the shoreline, but the Japanese would lose so many men and women, that they would eventually fight to a stalemate.

TL;DR - Itís the Somme all over again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

19. Post #2099
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,199 Posts
    only for baretta 92 and s&w mp40 pistols
    :C

20. Post #2100
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,452 Posts
    Where did I get all of this? I'm subscribed to Armchair General magazine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

21. Post #2101
    I LET MY M1 DO THE TALKING
    April 2012
    2,395 Posts
    So my uncle just received a loaded, unregistered revolver that was shipped like any other package in the mail yesterday... GG US Postal
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 20 (list)

22. Post #2102
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BAKELITE FETISH
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    awesome
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #2103
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,853 Posts
    So my uncle just received a loaded, unregistered revolver that was shipped like any other package in the mail yesterday... GG US Postal
    double whammy right there.
    1.) go register that sucker
    2.) free ammo

24. Post #2104
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,579 Posts
    all you need is a pen and or knife to scratch it into the stock

25. Post #2105
    Absolute tosser, manchild, and belligerent douche-nozzle.
    July 2006
    6,801 Posts
    Do you have to register it where you live?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

26. Post #2106
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2010
    8,080 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

27. Post #2107

January 2010
    1,271 Posts
    Clock for late, A for effort.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #2108
    July 2006
    6,801 Posts
    Not if the gun is a Mac 10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #2109
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,916 Posts
    The T-34 was a superior tank, but I think that the superiority of the Japanese Navy, Air Force, and Army would have been enough to handle the Russians. I mean why fight a tank when you can have a plan blow it up.
    Russia did have a better air force, towards the end of the war I mean.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

30. Post #2110
    July 2006
    6,801 Posts
    Well, I just spent the last hour arguing with someone in the Australia Thread. Seems their only response to gun ownership is "you don't need them", and that my support of them made me look like a Conservative Redneck American
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #2111
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,697 Posts
    You don't need video games either. What the hell kind of argumentation is that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events

32. Post #2112
    July 2006
    6,801 Posts
    I responded with "well you don't need sports car either" He responded with "but guns are only good for killing people, I can use my sports car to go to the shops"

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

33. Post #2113
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    11,622 Posts
    Here's my belief for 'sane society' regarding motor vehicles.
    - No one is allowed to have any sports cars, and instead are forced to take a train or to use a three-wheel tuk-tuk.
    --This Tuk-Tuk has government mandated fuel rations which is decided on by how far your employers work site is from your home.
    - Road Trips are now illegal. Highways are meant for military transport only.

Breaking any of these laws will have you excommunicated from society for being 'thrill seeking nutjob'
    /sarcasm

But seriously.... People arguing for 'sane societies' need to roll over and fuck off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 5Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #2114
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    3,298 Posts
    Don't need most of the things you have really. I rather like having soda and fruit juice to drink rather than plain water and a variety of home cooked food instead of a standardized ration.

35. Post #2115
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,807 Posts
    Well, I just spent the last hour arguing with someone in the Australia Thread. Seems their only response to gun ownership is "you don't need them", and that my support of them made me look like a Conservative Redneck American
    That is the stupidest reason ever. People buy so much stupid shit they don't "need", like jewelry, nice clothes, too much food, fast cars, tablet computers, etc.

At least in australia you have animals that might be dangerous if you like spending time in the nature for longer periods of time and plenty of things to hunt.

The most dangerous animals we have in Denmark are bees and somewhat poisonus snakes. Maybe you will even see a slightly distressed looking fox if you are really unlucky, but it certainly won't maul you badly.

All animals such as Boars, Hogs, Elks, Bears and Wolves are now completely extinct here because they were hunted to extinction over a hundred years ago and now they have been removed from the list of species natural to our nature, which gives every hunter the right to shoot them on sight if spotted in Denmark, so they won't ever come back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

36. Post #2116
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts
    I'm bored...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

37. Post #2117
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,199 Posts
    Seems like a damn good way to alleviate boredom

38. Post #2118
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts
    Indeed it does. Be back in a couple hours.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

39. Post #2119
    Facepunch armorer
    February 2010
    3,978 Posts
    Did you know that while a 40 mm grenade is illegal in new york, a 37mm grenade is not? The grenades are even classified as flares!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

40. Post #2120
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,853 Posts
    Those 3mm really matter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)