1. Post #1
    Dennab
    May 2011
    913 Posts
    I'm currently doing only push ups for my chest, but i want to do my shoulders and back as well, are there any exercises , where dumbbells are not included, that could help me get in shape?

2. Post #2
    Dennab
    December 2009
    3,302 Posts
    1x1 gym membership purchases
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 3 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    3,877 Posts
    why are you unable to use dumbbells/get a gym membership? the pushup only develops your chest to an extent

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    4,740 Posts
    Add weight with your pushups, something heavy that you can strap to your back.

5. Post #5
    So Amazing
    December 2006
    1,779 Posts
    Pushups will work the chest and back as well as your triceps.

This book would be a good starting point for bodyweight exercises
    http://www.marklauren.com/

It goes over terminology, bodybuilding concepts, a lot of bodyweight exercises and then helps you set up a routine.

You will get faster results using weights but you can still build muscle using bodyweight exercises.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,378 Posts
    I'm currently doing only push ups for my chest, but i want to do my shoulders and back as well, are there any exercises , where dumbbells are not included, that could help me get in shape?
    Instead of being a faggot telling you to get a gym membership like everyone else in here because I don't know what situation you're in and why you won't/can't have access to a gym membership or dumbbells, I'll give you a few exercises.

Superman can be quite good for your lower back, for your triceps you could do dips, for your lats and honestly most of your upper body, pull ups are very good, you could also do Curls and Shrugs for your Biceps and Traps if you've got something you can use, like a milk jug filled with pebbles or something if you want to get creative.

Crunches could be good for your abs, you also have lunges and squats for your legs.

It's all I can think of right now though if you can and have the money for a gym membership I highly suggest you buy one. Also make sure to work your legs too unless you want to become McChickenlegs Douchemaster.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    October 2010
    200 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    April 2012
    3,295 Posts
    calisthenics and convict conditioning I guess

9. Post #9
    If i see the word crunches on this forum again i am going to shit myself.

Now, productive advice was already given so ill simplify it for you even more so u can make up ur own shit; you pull something u use back. You push something u use chest triceps shoulders. You hold something its traps and forearms. You go down with it its legs.

Goodluck

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,703 Posts
    There are a lot of stuff you can do. You can build yourself up to a l-sit for your shoulders, chest, triceps and of course your abdominal. You can learn handstands and from there on do handstand presses for a lot of muscle groups and as you advance you can basically train each trainable muscle in your body.

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2005
    2,146 Posts
    I dont go to a normal gym, but a boxing gym, it cost me about 200-300$ a year and its 2 day a week for novice level and 3 for more advanced, its 2 hour of intensive excersise each time, plus boxing training, and competition against other fighter in my country. Nice and cheap, but not if you want to get bulked up, but it wont the same from a gym to other.