1. Post #1
    Upload Images
    April 2011
    733 Posts
    Hey Photographers,

I own a Cannon 1001, I'm in need of an cheap macro lens. I've searched everywhere but frankly I can't find what sort of lens i'll need. Is anyone able to point me in the right direction? thanks in advance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    April 2012
    3,363 Posts
    1001? Do you mean 1000D?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    January 2009
    916 Posts
    >Cheap
    >Macro Lens

pick one, unless you want to use a legacy lens or macro tube.

4. Post #4
    September 2012
    12 Posts
    1001? Do you mean 1000D?
    Or maybe 1100D?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    1,104 Posts
    Don't think you'll find one for less than 300-400 euros or so, but be sure to check this list.

The cheapest lens on that list is this one and it actually performs very nicely. Your wallet will be about 400 euros lighter but it doesn't come cheaper than that, apparently.

6. Post #6
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    13,095 Posts
    I just happened to stumble upon this video on Wimp.
    This guy's setup is quite ghetto, but that doesn't prevent him taking amazing photos.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Useful Useful x 2Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,195 Posts
    fuck bugs seriously
    fuck them

i found an old pk mount 135mm f2.8 today for $10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    2,864 Posts
    Jumping Spider jumping on the camera...
    I would throw that camera so far...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Upload Images
    April 2011
    733 Posts
    Found one, thanks guys. Just got a cheap one to experiment, it's the 1100D. Sorry for the incorrect information
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    in the metaphorical hospice counting down to oblilvion
    Dennab
    May 2005
    15,158 Posts
    They have cheap macro adaptors for many lenses. I have a macro/wide-angle for my kit lens w/ Canon 600D, macro turns out decent. The wide-angle gets bad vignetting, but for the price I'm not going to complain.

11. Post #11
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    13,011 Posts
    Best bet would be buying a K mount adapter and looking for a 50mm f4 Pentax dedicated macro

12. Post #12

December 2012
    1 Posts
    God topic you tell , us i also tell you it about, if you need to put more and more, good and new type of picture, and capture, we also provide you ,, ,

Wordpress Newcastle
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Pakistan Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    It's time to unban Banshee Friend
    Dennab
    April 2011
    5,915 Posts
    God topic you tell , us i also tell you it about, if you need to put more and more, good and new type of picture, and capture, we also provide you ,, ,

Wordpress Newcastle
    Thanks dude