1. Post #41
    Meet the Pyro
    April 2006
    4,465 Posts

Well that didn't turn out as cool as I hoped it would
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    moo
    November 2006
    4,767 Posts
    Dinnerbone
    There will not be a 1.3.3, but 1.4 will be out sometime before halloween
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 2Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    DERAILER OF THREADS DESTROYER OF IDIOTS
    February 2009
    24,504 Posts
    My birthday is oct 27, it would be great if the update came on then
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    6,837 Posts

have a few seeds
    you guys still love island spawns right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    February 2009
    24,504 Posts
    I never understood the love of vast, vast open seas. There's barely anything you can do with them. Give me colossal mountains any day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    May 2010
    3,912 Posts
    It's not the ocean, it's the fact that you're figuratively trapped.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

7. Post #47
    February 2009
    24,504 Posts
    It's not the ocean, it's the fact that you're figuratively trapped.
    I've tried it once to see why others liked it. I couldn't get anything done without cheating in some form. I got fed up with it. I like a challenge, but for ocean biomes it's unachievable.

Edited:

Just not my cup of tea, I guess.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

8. Post #48
    October 2011
    508 Posts
    Every single seed is islands on oceans nowsadays. Some islands might be big, but there is ocean every where and the land/water ratio is like 1/10.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    3,929 Posts
    Every single seed is islands on oceans nowsadays. Some islands might be big, but there is ocean every where and the land/water ratio is like 1/10.
    Well considering the land/water ration on earth is 1:4, I'd say Minecraft is pretty close to that. I wouldn't say 1:10. People bitched that oceans weren't big enough, now they're huge and people hate them. I personally like them. I've found some pretty awesome areas by spawning, building a boat, and sailing until I find something I like.

Every time I generate a seed though, I literally get nothing but deserts, jungles, taigas, and cliffs. It's annoying how I never see forests anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

10. Post #50
    February 2009
    24,504 Posts
    Well considering the land/water ration on earth is 1:4, I'd say Minecraft is pretty close to that. I wouldn't say 1:10. People bitched that oceans weren't big enough, now they're huge and people hate them. I personally like them. I've found some pretty awesome areas by spawning, building a boat, and sailing until I find something I like.

Every time I generate a seed though, I literally get nothing but deserts, jungles, taigas, and cliffs. It's annoying how I never see forests anymore.
    I've never minded a giant ocean so long as I was on a continent by it. But being dropped in the middle of it on a 2x1 dirt island with no other land for hours and hours in any unknown direction is a pain.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    3,929 Posts
    Oh I hate it too. I just like finding new lands by crossing the sea, because, by coincidence, I normally don't like the area I spawn in
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

12. Post #52
    February 2009
    24,504 Posts
    Oh I hate it too. I just like finding new lands by crossing the sea, because, by coincidence, I normally don't like the area I spawn in
    Ah, yeah. I like exploring the open seas every once in a while. Just so long as I wasn't born on them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #53

September 2011
    5,185 Posts
    I get sick of constantly either spawning in a pine forest or islands without trees.

Did manage to find an island with a tree.
    Seed: Kningdim

No picture at the moment, but it does work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    February 2009
    24,504 Posts
    Anyone know any seeds with very vast and tall mountain ranges?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #55

September 2012
    14 Posts

Well that didn't turn out as cool as I hoped it would
    How the Hell!

Edited:

New thread smell. Time for some informationals.

Lighting glitches mostly fixed.

New progress report for XBLA MC. Still no ETA on update. It's basically the Adventure Update for Xbox. More info here.

Creative on xbox = grief!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 17 (list)

16. Post #56
    October 2011
    508 Posts
    I just saw that the guy from Yogscast head are going to be on the next version of minecraft.

Time to stop play minecraft.

You can not like everyone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 24Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #57

September 2011
    5,185 Posts
    I just saw that the guy from Yogscast head are going to be on the next version of minecraft.

Added as a hidden and disabled feature, human heads can now have the skin of a specific player. A line in the language file implies that there either used to be, or in a future update, the possibility of obtaining a specific player's head.[4] Dinnerbone hinted at the possibility of player heads being dropped at death like trophy heads. Player heads do not/will not drop in vanilla, but mapmakers/modders/etc. can make them by adding the nbt tag "SkullOwner" -> (player name) on the skull items.[5]
    http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Heads
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,254 Posts

did you completely miss the point of the picture

it's supposed to showcase player heads, the heads in the picture aren't going to be added to the game

how would that even work

even if they were going to be added in some way, why would you get so mad that you'd stop playing the game, that's just dumb
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    3,364 Posts
    Meaning, you can kill a Yogscast person and have his head hang over your fireplace just to express that you killed a celebrity that you hate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    October 2011
    508 Posts
    Ahh I got it, would be hard to get those heads else.

did you completely miss the point of the picture

it's supposed to showcase player heads, the heads in the picture aren't going to be added to the game

how would that even work

even if they were going to be added in some way, why would you get so mad that you'd stop playing the game, that's just dumb
    Actually, I for some reason did thought that those heads was going to be added to the game. :V:

I just do not like Yogscast, and I stated that with a bit of sarcasm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

21. Post #61
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,590 Posts
    this mod is pretty wicked
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...unique-biomes/

i cartographed one of the worlds with large biomes

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 3Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

22. Post #62
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    18,647 Posts
    Let me guess; the mod adds a new Desert biome with oases and dead trees? Or are ye just showing off Large Biomes?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

23. Post #63

September 2011
    5,185 Posts
    Ponds everywhere have got to go when it comes to generation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #64
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,590 Posts
    heres another image with regular biomes in this one we got deadlands, ice plains, spruce forest mesa and few others

textures got messed up in generation i guess
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

25. Post #65
    February 2009
    24,504 Posts
    Why are there never any volcanoes? Volcanoes would be awesome, either as a mod or as a new biome
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,507 Posts
    Why are there never any volcanoes? Volcanoes would be awesome, either as a mod or as a new biome
    Because the lava in Minecraft is horrible. This is why the Tropicraft volcanoes eruptions are more of a devastation than they should be - the lava NEVER FUCKING GOES AWAY even after the source block is removed. Redpower volcanoes also exist, but they look like shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

27. Post #67
    February 2009
    24,504 Posts
    Because the lava in Minecraft is horrible. This is why the Tropicraft volcanoes eruptions are more of a devastation than they should be - the lava NEVER FUCKING GOES AWAY even after the source block is removed. Redpower volcanoes also exist, but they look like shit.
    They don't have to be explosive or erupt. Just have a mountain with a deep pit of lava at the top. Maybe have some flow down the side of the mountain here and there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

28. Post #68
    The Disabled Kid
    Dennab
    February 2011
    4,770 Posts

I get a woody for these types of houses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing x 8Optimistic x 2Artistic x 1Informative x 1Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #69
    moo
    November 2006
    4,767 Posts
    Biomes o' Plenty is a pretty nice mod. I haven't tried any of the other biome mods, but it adds a nice change of scenery.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #70
    I can buy a title to replace to the one someone bought me
    December 2007
    4,062 Posts
    the lava NEVER FUCKING GOES AWAY even after the source block is removed.
    Actually it does, it just takes fucking ages.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    I fucking hate Lori.
    April 2010
    2,414 Posts
    Woooo, new thread. Aaah.
    Well as a TeamVareide member if you don't follow Vareide on twitter I can tell that Survival Games 4 is coming out on Thursday, we cooked something special up this time!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #72
    Dennab
    October 2009
    2,982 Posts

Hey i made something cool in minecraft that no one has done before!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 3Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

33. Post #73
    Woooo, new thread. Aaah.
    Well as a TeamVareide member if you don't follow Vareide on twitter I can tell that Survival Games 4 is coming out on Thursday, we cooked something special up this time!

Prepare for another Machinama Survival Games. If AntVenom wins again... I dont think he is supposed to be in it though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15 (list)

34. Post #74
    January 2010
    5,139 Posts
    Prepare for another Machinama Survival Games. If AntVenom wins again... I dont think he is supposed to be in it though.
    Why has every single one of your posts been about AntVenom?

Who cares about antvenom
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    3,929 Posts
    Every Minecraft machinima is pretty much retarded anyway
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

36. Post #76
    March 2008
    3,186 Posts
    Why has every single one of your posts been about AntVenom?

Who cares about antvenom
    http://facepunch.com/profile.php?do=...gnore&u=508018
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #77
    Supercocks
    September 2010
    8,422 Posts
    Know what's creepy? I was playing Minecraft with the sound off because I have a headache, and when I placed/destroyed blocks I could faintly hear the "plunk" and "crack" noises. Must be all in my head
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

38. Post #78
    FSU

May 2012
    121 Posts
    Know what's creepy? I was playing Minecraft with the sound off because I have a headache, and when I placed/destroyed blocks I could faintly hear the "plunk" and "crack" noises. Must be all in my head
    It's because of this. Probably.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

39. Post #79
    Supercocks
    September 2010
    8,422 Posts
    this mod is pretty wicked
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...unique-biomes/

i cartographed one of the worlds with large biomes

That Quagmire biome looks fucking ugly

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 8Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #80
    Meet the Pyro
    April 2006
    4,465 Posts
    How the Hell!
    Just went down to the bottom of the map in creative mode and deleted the bottom of the map and funneled down some lava
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events