1. Post #1
    Half Life 2: Call of Duty meets Minecraft

February 2012
    14,266 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,891 Posts
    Revelations didn't live up to critical acclaim? I thought it was a really good game. It was at least a satisfying end to Ezio's story. If I didn't have revelations on PS3 already, I'd probably consider buying this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 20Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    July 2007
    3,373 Posts
    Revelations didn't live up to critical acclaim? I thought it was a really good game. It was at least a satisfying end to Ezio's story. If I didn't have revelations on PS3 already, I'd probably consider buying this.
    I haven't gotten around to playing Revelations yet, but from what I hear it has some weirdly done elements that are kind of stupid like some sort of tower defense mini-game and such. Brotherhood seems good so far, just never felt the want to pick it back up for some reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,891 Posts
    I haven't gotten around to playing Revelations yet, but from what I hear it has some weirdly done elements that are kind of stupid like some sort of tower defense mini-game and such. Brotherhood seems good so far, just never felt the want to pick it back up for some reason.
    Yeah, the tower defense mini game could have been left out. I liked the bomb crafting mechanics though. Oh well, I have a feeling Assassin's creed 3 will blow everything else away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    July 2007
    3,373 Posts
    Yeah, the tower defense mini game could have been left out. I liked the bomb crafting mechanics though. Oh well, I have a feeling Assassin's creed 3 will blow everything else away.
    Assassin's Creed 3 is shaping up to be one hell of a game, I can admit that I am pretty excited for it even if everyone I know hates the series for some reason.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    154 Posts
    I've been a big fan of the AC series since Altair came to our consoles. So in another words, from ground zero. I've loved every game in the series, but for some reason I just CANNOT get to grips with Revelations. I've started it up and quit the game multiple times now.. Never quite getting hooked like the rest of them. But it's not like it's not appealing.. The graphics are amazing, and I'm desperate to find out what happens to Ezio and Desmond, but I think it's because the gameplay is too "sameish". It is essentially a better looking AC II with a tower defence feature. IMO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    few words to create space
    January 2009
    8,083 Posts
    I feel bad that I only played AC1 and then jumped right into Revelations. Maybe that's why I really like it. As for that tower defense game, I hate it but I had to play it only twice (one of them was mandatory).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,963 Posts
    I own Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 on pc already, but I think I would pick this up one day. I always felt Assassin's Creed played better with a controller anyways, and I am a sucker for these collections.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    June 2008
    486 Posts
    I think that while Revelations was pretty good, it felt more like a DLC for Brotherhood than a full game. It finished Ezios story, but it didn't really add anything new to the franchise other than the hookblade (which just made climbing easier) and two quite boring minigames (first person platforming in surreal levels and that tower defence yhtingy).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,891 Posts
    Assassin's Creed 3 is shaping up to be one hell of a game, I can admit that I am pretty excited for it even if everyone I know hates the series for some reason.
    I pre-ordered that bitch the SECOND I was able to. I haven't been this excited since Ubisoft announced AC2.

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,978 Posts
    I've been a big fan of the AC series since Altair came to our consoles. So in another words, from ground zero. I've loved every game in the series, but for some reason I just CANNOT get to grips with Revelations. I've started it up and quit the game multiple times now.. Never quite getting hooked like the rest of them. But it's not like it's not appealing.. The graphics are amazing, and I'm desperate to find out what happens to Ezio and Desmond, but I think it's because the gameplay is too "sameish". It is essentially a better looking AC II with a tower defence feature. IMO.
    Ironically Revelations introduced the "hookblade".

I enjoyed it as much as the others in Ezio's trilogy, gameplay-wise it was very similar but with a few new mechanics which worked soundly, although there was no need to make the player even more overpowered. Other than that, the story was great, the setting was refreshing, we got to see Altair in greater depth and Ezio was now a wise old badass. My only real gripe was the tedious first-person puzzles which weren't inventive, clever, or even very fun.

12. Post #12
    Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar!
    April 2006
    16,085 Posts
    sony wtf stop paying off everyone you dicks

Edited:

Ironically Revelations introduced the "hookblade".

I enjoyed it as much as the others in Ezio's trilogy, gameplay-wise it was very similar but with a few new mechanics which worked soundly, although there was no need to make the player even more overpowered. Other than that, the story was great, the setting was refreshing, we got to see Altair in greater depth and Ezio was now a wise old badass. My only real gripe was the tedious first-person puzzles which weren't inventive, clever, or even very fun.
    the puzzles were really just a way to tell desmond's story, imo it was better than just watching a few 5 minute cutscenes

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,058 Posts
    Honestly all the new weapons and toys they add get kind of annoying. I never actually found a need to use the parachute and that weird hookblade flip move they added never seemed very useful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    13,195 Posts
    I enjoyed Revelations' main story and many of the side missions, but it felt bloated with content that didn't necessarily need to be in the game, such as the tower defense minigame.

15. Post #15
    I watched a stream of a video game so that means I'm an authority on it!
    May 2007
    5,281 Posts
    It was sort of Meh, extremely small in scale, stupid elements, money and building was so easy, leveling up recruits was retarded easy and quick, hell I could let the game play for me and it would beat it better than I could because I ended up with all extremely high level assassins and an endless amount of money about 2 hours in.

The bombs were neat but so easy to get that it made it pretty OP.

Also a "Press key to kill everything" button.

16. Post #16
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    I never really used the bombs much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    April 2011
    1,388 Posts
    Neat. I may actually pick this up at some point, because I barrly scratched the surface with AC2 since my PC died.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,978 Posts
    sony wtf stop paying off everyone you dicks

Edited:

the puzzles were really just a way to tell desmond's story, imo it was better than just watching a few 5 minute cutscenes
    They could have done something better, though the game had so many platforming sequences even they would be a better substitute. Or flashbacks. Or something. The worst part is, Desmond's not even an interesting character, and his story has been told three games too late. For the majority of the series he's spent his time asking questions or complaining, hopefully he'll more like his ancestors in ACIII.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    10,900 Posts
    I got through the whole game without doing the tower defense crap other than the one time you have to do it as a tutorial.

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,507 Posts
    I couldn't finish Revelations because of the tower defense thing, I thought it was so monotonous and boring I just wanna run on buildings

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,203 Posts
    Is it odd that I never really liked Ezio as a character, despite finishing all the AC games? I just preferred Altair over him. I'm probably going to like the native american though, seems like a cool card.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    I guess now I have to buy it, since I've only ever played AC1.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,891 Posts
    Its $40 for 3 games. AC2 was pretty incredible and the rest were at least alright in my eyes. I still think AC3 is going to take the cake this year.

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,978 Posts
    I couldn't finish Revelations because of the tower defense thing, I thought it was so monotonous and boring I just wanna run on buildings
    I did everything I could to keep on the down-low so I only had to do that mini-game the one time it forces you to.

You have no excuse now, these games are much better and if you enjoyed AC1 they're definitely worth your time.

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    5,147 Posts
    Its $40 for 3 games. AC2 was pretty incredible and the rest were at least alright in my eyes. I still think AC3 is going to take the cake this year.
    I loved AC2, but my favorite AC game to date is Brotherhood. I'd buy this collection just for that.