1. Post #5521
    If Roland    was downed, why couldn't an ally help revive him   !?

I'll tell you why:    BECAUSE THAT'S NOT COMPELLING.   

Edit:

Tagged, per the request of [REDACTED].
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #5522
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    3,565 Posts
    Best I can come up with is that the respawn stations function mostly as a gameplay mechanic and actually operate differently in-universe

Because honestly, I don't recall anyone besides the player character ever using a new-u station
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #5523
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,299 Posts
    If Roland    was downed, why couldn't an ally help revive him   !?

I'll tell you why:    BECAUSE THAT'S NOT COMPELLING.   

Edit:

Tagged, per the request of [REDACTED].
    Maybe his subscription expired or some shit :p
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #5524

July 2011
    2,327 Posts
    why does hyperius always initate with a double nuke?

seriously I die 2 secs after I enter the room every time
    I cant even reach the pipe thing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events

5. Post #5525
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    459 Posts
    Found myself a nice adaptive shield 35k shield, 13k more health and 50% resistance to the last element hit. Time to try him again.

What platform are you playing on Clio? Could always team up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #5526
    September 2009
    3,730 Posts
    But then    Roland should have respawned   
    Isn't     angel dead at this point? Lets just say that Angel deactivated Handsome Jacks respawn, for when Handsome Jack dies. Roland died for good because he had long been out of the respawn system, and angel never thought to re-add him becuase she didn't think he'd die    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

7. Post #5527
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    22,791 Posts
    Oh my god, the Innuendobot 5000 in the Ore Chasm makes the arena 10 times better.

Edited:

Isn't     angel dead at this point? Lets just say that Angel deactivated Handsome Jacks respawn, for when Handsome Jack dies. Roland died for good because he had long been out of the respawn system, and angel never thought to re-add him becuase she didn't think he'd die    
       I think one of the new-u respawn lines mentions something about only Handsome Jack being able to kill you, I'd say that explains it fairly well   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 17Informative Informative x 2 (list)

8. Post #5528
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,234 Posts
    Why are people putting so much thought into what's basically a glorified respawn mechanic?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Zing Zing x 4 (list)

9. Post #5529
    July 2009
    1,398 Posts
    Why do people even discuss this, you might as well be asking why there can be 4 of the same class running around or why you have all of your guns when you begin playthrough 2.
    The answer to all of these is that it's a fucking video game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #5530
    February 2008
    1,785 Posts
    I think it is because     Handsome jack wanted to kill you himself. In the quest where he asks you to kill yourself, he knows you will just be respawned, and comments on that, and he also removed the bounty so he could kill you himself... Come to think about it, why put a bounty up if you cant die, and why bother removing it if you are just gonna respawn anyway?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #5531
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,299 Posts
    "As long as you truly believe in yourself, nothing can kill you. Except Handsome Jack." The New-U station says that. Solve!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #5532
    And another line is something like
    "Don't worry, death happens to all of us sometimes. Except Handsome Jack."
    Boosh, mystery of why he doesn't respawn solved.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #5533
    Lieutenant-General of the United FP Alliance
    April 2011
    5,168 Posts
    My thinking of why Jack can't respawn is    because of the Vault curse or something like that. We don't know how exactly he got that awful looking scar on his face, but it's a Vault symbol and nobody knows good enough how all this alien (Eridian) shit works.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events

14. Post #5534
    What's a good level to start Playthrough 2 at?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

15. Post #5535
    May 2011
    2,466 Posts

Seems like something EA or Ubisoft would say.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #5536
    April 2011
    5,168 Posts
    What's a good level to start Playthrough 2 at?
    36+
    Or you'll get yourself into very frustrating situation.
    Same lvl for gear.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #5537
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    7,289 Posts
    But Jack can respawn because you can still do his quests after killing him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

18. Post #5538
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    22,791 Posts

Seems like something EA or Ubisoft would say.
    Where do you get that? Part of the DLC?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #5539
    May 2011
    2,466 Posts
    Where do you get that? Part of the DLC?
    Part of the DLC.

20. Post #5540
    August 2010
    1,012 Posts
    Name of the second dlc is Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage, i just hope it's not arena (even though i like fink's slaughterhouse)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events Late Late x 3 (list)

21. Post #5541
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    22,791 Posts
    So just got around to doing Get To Know Jack with the broseph and    the first echo tape creeped me out   .
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

22. Post #5542
    April 2011
    5,168 Posts
    Little update regarding to Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage DLC

The pack in question is allegedly the work of The Workshop, developer of (cough, retch) PS Move title Sorcery. It's said to be 10 hours long.
    Source

Edited:

Oh and 1 more hint from GBX staff:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events

23. Post #5543
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,238 Posts
    I think ill skip the next dlc until good reviews are in after the scarlet dlc disapointing me and i hate everything and anything torgue ill skip unless it holds up to the promises
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #5544
    April 2011
    5,168 Posts
    I think ill skip the next dlc until good reviews are in after the scarlet dlc disapointing me and i hate everything and anything torgue ill skip unless it holds up to the promises
    You buy them separately?
    I'm sure if you have Season Pass you still gonna try it on the release.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

25. Post #5545
    TimeSplitters Rewind
    June 2007
    1,301 Posts
    I know its a long shot, but does anyone have a spare Borderlands 2 game from the 4 pack purchase? i would be willing to give all my WarZ 48 hour trial codes for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #5546
    August 2009
    4,246 Posts
    I know its a long shot, but does anyone have a spare Borderlands 2 game from the 4 pack purchase? i would be willing to give all my WarZ 48 hour trial codes for it.
    that's a bad trade
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18 (list)

27. Post #5547
    TimeSplitters Rewind
    June 2007
    1,301 Posts
    that's a bad trade
    Well i was originally going to ask if they would give me a copy from the goodness of their hearts. But i thought i would give them something in return, even if its nothing that great. I don't really have much of value right now sadly.

28. Post #5548
    it's pronounced camel
    May 2010
    3,343 Posts
    Little update regarding to Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage DLC

Source

Edited:

Oh and 1 more hint from GBX staff:

Gothalion isn't a Gearbox employee as far as I'm aware. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure GBX just gave him some forums rights considering how much time he spends there. Awesome BL1 player from what I remember.

29. Post #5549
    Streetwise Angel Booksmart Devil
    January 2010
    3,039 Posts
    Gothalion isn't a Gearbox employee as far as I'm aware. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure GBX just gave him some forums rights considering how much time he spends there. Awesome BL1 player from what I remember.
    He is just a community moderator for the forums, but I think he might know some of the employees.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

30. Post #5550
    #lmao #owned
    January 2009
    4,558 Posts
    apart from just copping out and adding the original 4 vault hunters, i don't really know what else they could add in terms of playable characters
    a demolitions expert? iunno

31. Post #5551
    it's pronounced camel
    May 2010
    3,343 Posts

I must try this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

32. Post #5552
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,503 Posts

I must try this
    I wonder if anarchy increases the damage of thrown weapons.

Edited:

Tested it, the weapon is used dealt 16064 damage wit 0 anarchy and 21158 with 25 anarchy. that weapon can deal mental damage with maximum anarchy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

33. Post #5553
    it's pronounced camel
    May 2010
    3,343 Posts
    apart from just copping out and adding the original 4 vault hunters, i don't really know what else they could add in terms of playable characters
    They'll probably keep rehashing the current ones; a new soldier to deploy a turret/whatever. A class to summon a pet. A new siren. A new berserker. There are plenty of things they can do, but it won't be drastically different.

I'll explain a bit; that was a clunky sentence.

Zer0 is basically Mordecai and Lilith; he goes invisible and for a short while and deals damage when he comes out of it. This is a lot like Phasewalking. He uses snipers/pistols , making him the sharpshooter like Mordecai.

Maya gets a new Siren power, as expected, plus the elemental proficiency like Lilith. She has very similar skills to Lilith. However she now has the healing skills which Roland had. So she's like Lilith and Roland.

Axton gets a turret and has similar skills to Roland, however without the healing skills and more skills to buff his turret. He loses a lot of his support skills but gains damage potential. So he''s like the Heavy Gunner spec Roland, but with a heavily buffed turret.

Salvador is just like Brick except he uses guns instead of fists. His skills are, naturally, targeted towards guns and survivability, the main difference (aside from the fists) between Salv and Brick is that he doesn't get explosive damage bonuses.

Gaige summons DT, which acts like Bloodwing, except he's much more useful. She has some similar skills to Lilith/Maya, namely the shield buffs and elemental buffs. However, she has a unique mechanic; Anarchy, which is completely new.

Tl;DR
    All the new classes are similar to the old ones, and this probably won't change for any future games. And why would it? They work well. I expect there will be new mechanics like Anarachy, and of course any new classes will have reworked skills, most of them new, however old mechanics and skills will be reused.

The one thing we're missing atm is a character that specializes in explosives and ammo regen.

34. Post #5554
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,450 Posts
    Riotshield character, I would totally use that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #5555
    it's pronounced camel
    May 2010
    3,343 Posts
    I wonder if anarchy increases the damage of thrown weapons.

Edited:

Tested it, the weapon is used dealt 16064 damage wit 0 anarchy and 21158 with 25 anarchy. that weapon can deal mental damage with maximum anarchy.
    More than 31 million?

36. Post #5556
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,503 Posts
    More than 31 million?
    Maximum anarchy gives a damage multiplier of x8. So you get a pretty good idea about how much damage it can deal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

37. Post #5557
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,110 Posts
    I want a gun that uses money instead of bullets.

Edited:

Bullets are expensive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 16Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #5558
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    459 Posts
    I'm trying Hyperius now on PC if anyone wants to tag along. That said, does it effect the cooldown if you join someone already doing it?

39. Post #5559
    July 2010
    3,793 Posts

I must try this
    What gun is that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

40. Post #5560
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    17,940 Posts
    How anyone did Scarlet in just 2 hours is beyond me. I managed to get at least 8 hours out of it, and it was a good eight hours too. I enjoyed that a lot but yeah, that ending was a let down and that last boss was just kind of meh.

Edited:

What gun is that?
    legendary tediore, spawns multiple explosions from it's reloads
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)