1. Post #201
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,961 Posts
    my speedo goes to 140

not like I'll be hitting that anytime soon in a 135hp I4 4-gear automagic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #202
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,100 Posts
    the funny thing was i was doing like 110 minutes before
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #203
    Siminov's Bitch
    April 2011
    1,425 Posts
    my speedo goes to 140

not like I'll be hitting that anytime soon in a 135hp I4 4-gear automagic
    mine is marked to 85mph, but it can go faster and has. ;p
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #204
    November 2008
    2,041 Posts
    http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ418227913 Is this a good deal?

Also, What are some general things to check for when looking at a car? I just want to know If im missing anything
    Fellow albertan, yay. Welcome to the forum (never seen you)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

5. Post #205
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    762 Posts
    Some guy in an old, beat-up Civic EG with an exhaust pipe the size of a small tree screamed past me on US41 today (dunno if 'screamed' is the word, I could barely hear his engine over the sound of the exhaust which kinda sounded like someone dragging a piece of iron rebar along concrete) at like 110, then five miles down the road I saw him on the side of the road with a FHP cruiser behind him, lights on, writing a ticket.

Poor guy!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #206
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,698 Posts
    He has a girlfriend. A sikk dorifuto girlfriend.
    kinky

7. Post #207
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    I got up to like 95 on my way to north jersey

stops counting at 85

feels boss yo

8. Post #208
    July 2011
    1,302 Posts
    they have sex sideway and then there's a rubber smell
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

9. Post #209
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    762 Posts

Goodbye relay 173, hello Euroswitch.

10. Post #210
    Best Gamemode Ever
    July 2011
    1,607 Posts
    i think i might go crazy by the time we pick up the coronet, and its 'only 2 weeks'
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

11. Post #211
    ~~so trendy~~
    June 2010
    2,539 Posts
    one of my family friends was mowed down by some dumb bitch who had a seizure behind the wheel of a car

he was out walking his dog this morning when she went over the curb and hit him on the sidewalk

she had a history of seizures - why would she be behind the wheel

you killed a really good friend of mine

i hope you rot in a jail

he was 60 years old, and as jolly as he could be...he was all love. he was also a professor at a local university

RIP :'(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 14 (list)

12. Post #212
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    10,120 Posts
    They have medication for seizures for a reason, while she probably should have gotten more Neurological tests done, it's not her fault she has a medical condition. (one of my brothers has seizures, he takes medication for them, but still has one every now and then. The first time he had one, it scared the shit out of me. He started shaking and then he turned blue.)

13. Post #213
    ~~so trendy~~
    June 2010
    2,539 Posts
    They have medication for seizures for a reason, while she probably should have gotten more Neurological tests done, it's not her fault she has a medical condition. (one of my brothers has seizures, he takes medication for them, but still has one every now and then. The first time he had one, it scared the shit out of me. He started shaking and then he turned blue.)
    precisely why they shouldn't be allowed to operate heavy machinery (ie a car)

it is putting everyone on the road in harms way, even if 90% of the time they dont have seizures, there is still that 10% chance that they can, which is both a danger to themselves and everyone around them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #214
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    10,120 Posts
    So, probably by the end of the month, me and my dad are trading. I live with my Grandpa now, which happens to be less than a block from where my dad works, and I'm gonna move back into...well my moms house? My parents house? I don't know what to call it. I'm not sure what we're going to do about rent though. Probably going to move pretty quick like.

Edited:

Again, more Neurological tests. Hah, my buddy at work actually had a seizure, on a fork lift last week. He wasn't moving at the time, I think he had it in park actually, but he was in the seat. He's had his fork lift permit pulled until he gets some tests done, and gets cleared by a doctor.

My brother's a whole different case though, he's got pretty severe Cerebral palsy.

15. Post #215
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    845 Posts
    Was out for a evening cruise and drove towards a big plume of smoke in the sky. Got there in time to see This:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #216
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    10,120 Posts
    Holy crap. What happened? Haha that car is is totally going in for a closer look.

Nice S-10.

17. Post #217
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    845 Posts
    a Racing gas/Bio diesel Plant burning in an industrial park. was a few fire balls, and a shit load of exploding 55 gallon drums. Its still burning now.

The fire dept. Just confirmed on the 2-way it was a 53' truck trailer that blew up earlier, They just borrowed an Airport Crash truck to put out the rest of the fire.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

18. Post #218
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,093 Posts
    hello AA,

can someone tell me the name of these wheels? It'd be much appreciated.

19. Post #219
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,100 Posts

im starting to like the 4th gen mustangs, especially the cobras holy shit that sounds good
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #220
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,961 Posts
    I really liked the looks of the 4th gen. Everyone told me to stay away from them, but I figured for a first car they wouldn't be bad. They looked nice in their own way, more unique than the 60's and the recent ones
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #221
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,100 Posts

22. Post #222
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts

Got dat 200k, yo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

23. Post #223
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,961 Posts
    Oh yeah. That's why I wanted to try to get one. Everyone said they'd be shitty and a pain in the ass in the winter (buy sand put in trunk and drive careful and you'd be fine)

24. Post #224
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,100 Posts
    see i never have to worry about snow down in florida but Colorado might be a tad sucky

25. Post #225
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,961 Posts
    Apparently we might be getting some snow as early as next week. I might look into renting a place to store my car because I don't want it out during winter at all

26. Post #226
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    Apparently we might be getting some snow as early as next week. I might look into renting a place to store my car because I don't want it out during winter at all
    Pssh, my car was outside all winter last year even though it was -15 at times
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

27. Post #227
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    10,120 Posts

Got dat 200k, yo.
    My Odometer died at 193K...6 years ago. :(

I've even got the paperwork to show it.

28. Post #228
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,961 Posts
    Pssh, my car was outside all winter last year even though it was -15 at times
    Is your car rusty and a really low ride that salt would just love to eat through?

29. Post #229
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    2,326 Posts
    I'm kind of nervous about getting a low ride in the winter. I have a feeling I'm going to be getting stuck a lot, and since our roads are saltier than mcdonalds fries, It's going to become really rusty really fast.

30. Post #230
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    if you drove really really fast im sure the salt wouldn't have a chance to stay on your delicious paint/underside
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #231
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,961 Posts
    if you drove really really fast im sure the salt wouldn't have a chance to stay on your delicious paint/underside
    so it's either salty, rusty undercarriage or imminent death

hmmmm

32. Post #232
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    if you die at least you wont see your car rust, whereas if you drive normally your car will rust and youll be alive to see it

trust me, im a cars expert
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #233
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    10,120 Posts
    Obviously you just need to park your car and pull out your motorized tracked chair.

34. Post #234
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,961 Posts
    what I just heard is raise my car and install tank treads in place of wheels

gotcha
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #235
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    2,893 Posts
    Texas... What's snow?

I fell bad for y'all that have it for months on end...Just get out your POS cars!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #236

November 2009
    15,698 Posts
    Texas... What's snow?

I fell bad for y'all that have it for months on end...Just get out your POS cars!
    Nah, all cars will do. Just some better than others but all are fun

37. Post #237
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,189 Posts
    I keep my car out in the winter, no need to store a car in the winter, even if we get snow 5 month a year and salt erry fucking where, just pay 70$ a year for a oil treatment of the undercarriage.

38. Post #238
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,961 Posts
    I don't really have a problem with leaving the car out during the winter, my problem stems from the fact that since it's so naturally low I'm going to have trouble getting it out of its parking spot outside my house, knowing how much snow we get each year and the complete lack of plowing my neighborhood gets

39. Post #239

November 2009
    15,698 Posts
    Unplowed roads are the best roads for me (or used to be). My old 88' CV could drive safer and faster in 4" of unplowed snow then a 4x4 truck could

40. Post #240
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,961 Posts
    Unplowed roads are the best roads for me (or used to be). My old 88' CV could drive safer and faster in 4" of unplowed snow then a 4x4 truck could
    I don't have a problem driving on snow, I'm pretty used to it on my mom's 4Runner. Rather that my car is so low and snow gets so high that it would literally be stuck if it snowed.

Shoveling does wonders, I know, but still. I didn't buy this car for winter driving anyway, being a FWD is simply a bonus.