thats like

not good and not bad

i get 14 on premium
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #603
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,649 Posts
    I get like 24 on premium, well maybe like 22.

4. Post #604
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,878 Posts
    Anyone wants my economy?
    I get... 15 ... on a good day

5. Post #605
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,200 Posts
    I get that on premium (91 octane) because if I run on 87 I'll get worse mileage, bad performance, and risk chipping a piston
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

6. Post #606
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    2,937 Posts
    I get 22mpg if my tank is running empty and 16mpg when my tank is full.

I blame my leaded foot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #607
    September 2009
    462 Posts
    I've been calculating my cars MPG.. I brim the tank, run it empty, then brim it again to see how much gas was used.

2.0 DOHC I-4 focus gets 22.6 one week with heavy city driving, lots of idling;
    23.9 city driving, still idling, but less than first one;
    and I'm currently about 155 or so miles on slightly over half a tank, around 6 or so gallons.

This tank is a mix of city and highway, about half and half, but i got a little frisky one night and did some 5K+ rpm cruising lol.

Kinda curious what an all highway MPG average would be for my car.. this calls for a roadtrip! lol

This is on 87 octane too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

8. Post #608
    Dennab
    December 2009
    1,739 Posts
    Is this the best you got, guys? I'm getting 20mpg on shit-tier gas with a 30-year-old 2.8 liter engine pulling a car that's about as aerodynamic as a parachute.
    ...and it's automatic
    ...and overdrive doesn't engage when it's cold

9. Post #609
    December 2010
    352 Posts
    Is this the best you got, guys? I'm getting 20mpg on shit-tier gas with a 30-year-old 2.8 liter engine pulling a car that's about as aerodynamic as a parachute.
    Bronco II? Thats all I can guess.

10. Post #610
    Dennab
    December 2009
    1,739 Posts
    Bronco II? Thats all I can guess.
    Cressida

hashtagswag
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #611
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    26,085 Posts
    22mpg calculated with midgrade

manual advertises 20, with some math it gets about 22ish

f22a1 prelude in case you don't know what i'm runnin'

Edited:

hehe I get it

f22 engine

22mpg

hehehe honda u sirry
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

12. Post #612
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    845 Posts
    This is what my car says I'm getting, which I know is a little off (get about 2mpg less). On average I get ~17.5mpg city & 26mpg hwy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #613
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,878 Posts
    is there a way to reset your car's reading of your average MPG? I just bought this back in january and I have a feeling its off.

14. Post #614
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    845 Posts
    Should be able to, it'll be different on every car though.

15. Post #615
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,497 Posts
    EPA, fueleconomy.gov, etc.

Edited:

Also if my 22RE gets 20mpg and your 7M got 28 what the fuck is going on here? I even have the economy-geared w55.
    fueleconomy.gov is pretty bullshit.

Apparently an Integra LS makes 22 city/29 highway and a GSR 22 city/28 highway according to it.

I've made 38ish when driving up to Washington very nicely and 35ish with a GSR transmission just a little less nicely sitting at like 3300 rpms like the whole time.

Back when I drove it really nicely it would make 28 city and I would have to literally be absolutely rallying the piss out of it to make 22 on the LS gearing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #616
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,200 Posts
    is there a way to reset your car's reading of your average MPG? I just bought this back in january and I have a feeling its off.
    Mine has this nifty "Reset" button

17. Post #617
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    2,339 Posts
    How hard is it to drive a right hand drive in Canada/US? It seems everything should be easy except left turns at an intersection, and I wouldn't be able to use drive throughs anymore. I thought it wouldn't too bad but then someone reminded me of all the difficult parts/inconveniences. Is it really that bad?

I feel much more natural shifting with my left hand and steering with my right hand which is why a RHD would be nice. I also found a nice Subaru Impreza that is RHD.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #618
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,200 Posts
    How hard is it to drive a right hand drive in Canada/US? It seems everything should be easy except left turns at an intersection, and I wouldn't be able to use drive throughs anymore. I thought it wouldn't too bad but then someone reminded me of all the difficult parts/inconveniences. Is it really that bad?

I feel much more natural shifting with my left hand and steering with my right hand which is why a RHD would be nice. I also found a nice Subaru Impreza that is RHD.
    Try passing someone with a right hand drive, it's hard shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #619
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,109 Posts

I actually plan on getting a 180SX platform later on when I have more money. I would feel more comfortable with a RHD.

Plus the fact that its such an eye-grabber on the road and a nice conversational piece. Its just fun

20. Post #620
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    2,339 Posts
    Plus the fact that its such an eye-grabber on the road and a nice conversational piece. Its just fun
    Yeah, its nice to have something that's unique on the road

Try passing someone with a right hand drive, it's hard shit.
    I won't be doing any highway driving so I won't need to go into oncoming traffic to pass

I also read that you are 40% more likely to get into an accident with a RHD.

21. Post #621
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    hi
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing x 3Informative x 1Artistic x 1Agree x 1Disagree x 1Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #622
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    6,709 Posts
    Yeah, its nice to have something that's unique on the road

I won't be doing any highway driving so I won't need to go into oncoming traffic to pass

I also read that you are 40% more likely to get into an accident with a RHD.
    Well you definitely have to be more attentive. As long as you're driving smart you aren't really anymore likely to get in an accident in an RHD then a LHD, at least I think not like I have any experience..

always dreaded what would happen if you were to get T boned on a left hand turn in a RHD car though lol

23. Post #623
    January 2010
    3,550 Posts

24. Post #624
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,200 Posts
    Ooh found 3 pictures of 3 different step on the motor.

Silly N/A

Oooh shiney top swap with beautiful fuel logs. R.I.P

Current, less powerful than previous, one.

25. Post #625
    I HATE COFFEE
    April 2009
    8,383 Posts
    Is that

a wheel
    in the engine bay?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #626
    most people dont think your attention is worth a dollar but i do
    February 2005
    3,368 Posts
    Dad just came home with a 90-day license suspension, pending on revocation, after going 187km/h in a 100km/h highway. Smashed up the front end of the Mercedes SLS and smashed the wheels up on the curb.

I'll never understand why driving this fast on a crowded highway is fun for some people while you're simultaneously putting dozens of people's lives at risk as well as your own. Not to mention your car will get completely fucked.

At least they didn't catch him when he usually goes 220/240.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

27. Post #627
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,109 Posts
    Is that

a wheel
    in the engine bay?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #628
    I HATE COFFEE
    April 2009
    8,383 Posts
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #629
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    2,339 Posts
    snip

30. Post #630
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,383 Posts
    is that a hood for your hood
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 3 (list)

31. Post #631
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,529 Posts
    I've figured out how to use my Avalon's automatic transmission like a sequential sport shift through a totally user-friendly and obvious shifting technique.

Disable ovedrive, slot it into "L" for first gear.
    Shift up one by putting it into "2"
    For third gear, slot the stick into "D"
    For fourth gear, re-engage the overdrive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #632
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    2,937 Posts
    I've figured out how to use my Avalon's automatic transmission like a sequential sport shift through a totally user-friendly and obvious shifting technique.

Disable ovedrive, slot it into "L" for first gear.
    Shift up one by putting it into "2"
    For third gear, slot the stick into "D"
    For fourth gear, re-engage the overdrive.
    Nope too complex. When in drive I just knock it to the right and it engages my flappy paddles and the on shifter shifting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #633
    ~~so trendy~~
    June 2010
    2,574 Posts
    Dad just came home with a 90-day license suspension, pending on revocation, after going 187km/h in a 100km/h highway. Smashed up the front end of the Mercedes SLS and smashed the wheels up on the curb.

I'll never understand why driving this fast on a crowded highway is fun for some people while you're simultaneously putting dozens of people's lives at risk as well as your own. Not to mention your car will get completely fucked.

sorry but your dad is a twat

wrecking an SLS is a crime against humanity

Edited:

also i demand pics of the damage

34. Post #634
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,635 Posts

Aw shit. Was it really smashed up? SLS is such a nice car, please don't say it's irreparable.

Edited:

also you got any pics of it in its current state?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

35. Post #635
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,649 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #636
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,109 Posts
    ^thats pretty rad to be honest

Off topic: Watching Boyz N The Hood on Netflix just to get a feel of the late 80's and early 90's vehicles, style and lifestyle.

What do you know, within the hour of the movie I see a Nissan Pulsar and a strategically-placed 240SX in a shot. One of the characters drives a Nissan Maxima too. If anything its subliminal messaging/product placement in that movie. I swear if you watch the part when Gooding Jr. goes for his dad's revolver walking to his house, the red 240SX takes up almost the whole screen for a good minute. The same with the Maxima, almost like its one of those commercials when it drives up to their house

37. Post #637
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    26,085 Posts
    you'd be surprised at the amounts of product placement that exist in certain games

also, my exhaust sounds like a rock is rattling around when it starts. what would be doing that? something tells me something's loose (and it's definitely the exhaust)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

38. Post #638
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,383 Posts
    you'd be surprised at the amounts of product placement that exist in certain games

also, my exhaust sounds like a rock is rattling around when it starts. what would be doing that? something tells me something's loose (and it's definitely the exhaust)
    Sounds stupid but could literally be something in your exhaust, Some dick head put a rock into someones exhaust pipe one day last year in school. Besides that a loosened fastener or etc that holds the exhaust pipe in place could be just loose enough to allow like a 1mm movement causing the rattling sound between the exhaust and the fastener.

Stupid shit, annoying as hell

39. Post #639
    January 2010
    3,550 Posts
    is dropping an automatic car into neutral while coasting good or bad on the transmission?

40. Post #640
    most people dont think your attention is worth a dollar but i do
    February 2005
    3,368 Posts
    Aw shit. Was it really smashed up? SLS is such a nice car, please don't say it's irreparable.

Edited:

also you got any pics of it in its current state?
    Well he got it impounded by the police for speeding so there really isn't a chance of seeing it for a while. He messed up the front end and the wheel area so he said it wasn't absolutely horribly but still bad and definitely something to talk to insurance about.

I also think he's a twat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events