1. Post #1
    July 2011
    1,301 Posts
    Seems a bunch of car threads got locked, presumably automatically. Here's our new hang-out, I guess so we can talk about cup-holders, turbos and being mega doriftu.
    New rule: don't be a massive cunt.

REMEMBER: WE ARE ALL BROS IN HERE

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,579 Posts
    I'm so sorry, it was all my fault :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    I am mega doriftu, I'm pretty much perfect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,579 Posts
    well, might as well re-ask my bitchy post that got v4 locked...

does that mean I shouldn't be looking at beetles? or do I need to get some preventative coating that can prevent rust on the little bundles of joy?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

5. Post #5
    Dennab
    December 2009
    1,739 Posts
    Fuck...

I wanted to name V5
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    July 2011
    1,301 Posts
    this one is named for bradley.
    We'll pick up a more amazing one for the V6. LET'S GET THERE FOLKS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    LET'S GET THERE FOLKS
    Yep, just 9,993 posts to go
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

8. Post #8
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    2,755 Posts
    Lol Mobil chairs edition. I laughed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,753 Posts
    I moved my supra into the driveway after work today in preparation to replace the Oil pan. Hoping I can get it done before it starts to rain...too hard.

Edited:

Did I mention cars are heavy?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,081 Posts
    http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/3295265513.html

I literally know nothing about pricing on this car, is it at all a good deal?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    845 Posts
    I moved my supra into the driveway after work today in preparation to replace the Oil pan. Hoping I can get it done before it starts to rain...too hard.

Edited:

Did I mention cars are heavy?
    i can sit in the Beetle and push it with just one foot out the door

had to push my old truck (94 chevy 1500 4wd) down the street and up my driveway, took me and my dad with a real good running start to just barely get it in the driveway.. comparatively, me and my dad pushed my brother's Audi (05 A4 iirc) up the driveway no problem a couple weeks after that when his clutch master cylinder shit the bed on him
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,753 Posts
    I pushed it up a slight incline, with my sister in the drivers seat having no idea what she was doing.

Oh, and I think someone tried to siphon my gas. My gas flap only opens from the lever in the driver footwell, so the flap is now slightly bent. Along with a nice big scratch on the fender flare next to the gas flap. Don't think they got anything out of it though. My cousins car managed to use a half tank of gas in 35 miles, and the little flap in the hole is bent back. :rage:

Edited:

I slipped in some oil pushing it up hill too. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    845 Posts
    my dad is all paranoid people are stealing his gas so he bought a locking gas cap for his truck and the work van

i'm all "but you've got a 5.3 v8 in a full size van full of tools and we drive everywhere all the time for work what the fuck" but he's convinced them damn kids are stealing his gas or some shit i don't know.

pushing a car is no fun, especially solo.. especially if you are trying to push start it or something, oh god. hope i never have to do that shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,753 Posts
    Told my cousin to get one, and I'm honestly thinking about getting one now too. I have no proof whatsoever, but I have my suspicions it's the Douche bag mexican guy who lives across the street from me. That or someone he has coming around all the time.

15. Post #15
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,579 Posts
    my goal is to get my license before page 100

february 16 hurry up!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,447 Posts
    well, might as well re-ask my bitchy post that got v4 locked...

does that mean I shouldn't be looking at beetles? or do I need to get some preventative coating that can prevent rust on the little bundles of joy?
    You shouldn't be looking at any which haven't had all the rust prevention done already. The ones which have slight rust on them already that still have floor boards would probably only be because they were only driven in the summer.

If you find one that hasn't had all the rust repaired you could always do all the rust prevention yourself though but since you've never even turned a wrench on a car nor own any of the tools I would probably suggest against it.

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    845 Posts
    Told my cousin to get one, and I'm honestly thinking about getting one now too. I have no proof whatsoever, but I have my suspicions it's the Douche bag mexican guy who lives across the street from me. That or someone he has coming around all the time.
    did i mention he also spent like $200 on trail cams (like the ones hunters use) and another ~$100 on an IP camera because he was thoroughly convinced they were stealin' his gasssssss (and because some punk kids had come in the driveway a couple times and gone glove box diving on our cars if we left them unlocked, only took cash though.. we've got at least 5 cars in the driveway at all times and it happened 3-4 times)

yep

Edited:

You shouldn't be looking at any which haven't had all the rust prevention done already. The ones which have slight rust on them already that still have floor boards would probably only be because they were only driven in the summer.

If you find one that hasn't had all the rust repaired you could always do all the rust prevention yourself though but since you've never even turned a wrench on a car nor own any of the tools I would probably suggest against it.
    meh. my beetle still has perfectly fine floor pans (i mean sure there were a couple small holes but come on it's almost 50 years old) and they were just bare metal when i got the car.. it's very, very case-by-case because they're ALL going to have rust unless they're fresh restos or garage stored for their whole life (both of which = more $$)

other than salt/weather damage, the biggest rust problem(s) with the old Bugs is the rear quarters + rear pillar behind the windows because ze Germans put foam in there that soaks up water (if, say, the rear windows leak) and rusts that area from the inside out and behind the passenger side seat because that's where the battery goes and batteries are bad news for metal

personally.. i'm glad my beetle is my second car and that i have a very, very dependable backup because, in my case, the Bug is a great car.. I just wouldn't want to trust my livelihood to it. If I had to, I would but I would also make sure I had a few spare parts kicking around in the car with me, but that's also because my car has been abused for quite a long time before I got it.

18. Post #18
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,579 Posts
    that's not true, I used to work on cars with my dad

that kind of stopped when he disappeared from my life 5 years ago though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

19. Post #19
    ~~so trendy~~
    June 2010
    2,497 Posts
    mmmm new thread smell
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    762 Posts
    needs some air fresheners

Edited:

like cherry or something cool like that

21. Post #21
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,840 Posts
    dat vanilla wunderbaum scent

22. Post #22
    Best Gamemode Ever
    July 2011
    1,590 Posts
    Black Ice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,687 Posts
    http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/3295265513.html

I literally know nothing about pricing on this car, is it at all a good deal?
    yes that's a good deal it looks really clean and all that shit done to it will remove the incredibly slow aspect of it, it'd probably keep up with my cobra

edit: good deal if you can get receipts and shit verifying the engine actually only has 150 miles etc get as much paperwork as you can

edit: like who built the engine and everything
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,753 Posts
    bLACK iCE

Edited:

clocks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    762 Posts
    so I'm not getting my car back until saturday because my dad's heading upstate to Winter Haven for some reason and he has to inspect it, being official beneficiary of the insurance policy and all.

yaaaay, my HIDs get to collect dust for a few more days!

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,753 Posts
    HID's are, for the most part, and awful idea. They got my brother, me, and a friend pulled over in my brothers tegy...with a 30 rack behind the drivers seat hiding underneath a lazily tossed t-shirt. We were all 19, and incredibly lucky.

Edited:

Granted my brothers car was a POS, except the motor, and from what I understand, the trans was still smooth.

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    762 Posts
    HID's are, for the most part, and awful idea. They got my brother, me, and a friend pulled over in my brothers tegy...with a 30 rack behind the drivers seat hiding underneath a lazily tossed t-shirt. We were all 19, and incredibly lucky.

Edited:

Granted my brothers car was a POS, except the motor, and from what I understand, the trans was still smooth.
    It's a whole projecter set, not HID bulbs in a halogen enclosure. HID bulbs in a halogen enclosure, are, for the most part, the worst thing ever.

Plus I've got a trunk, AND the right to refuse unwarranted searches, so cops ain't gettin' dey hands on me vodkey.

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,753 Posts
    The cop somehow managed to not see the beer, or if he did he didn't say anything. I swear he looked right at it. A big cube shaped black object in the foot well behind the driver, in a rural area, late at night, can only be so many things.

29. Post #29
    Best Gamemode Ever
    July 2011
    1,590 Posts
    On the Super Bee Im looking to buy, the trunk is so big, I could make a compartment that sorta blends in for a 30 pack. lol. Yay for boaty muscle cars.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    Why buy beer in packs when you can buy liquor in shooter bottles and hide those all over the car
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    762 Posts
    On the Super Bee Im looking to buy, the trunk is so big, I could make a compartment that sorta blends in for a 30 pack. lol. Yay for boaty muscle cars.
    I've fit a crotch rocket in the trunk of my passat.

Holla.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,753 Posts
    Because DUI

33. Post #33
    Best Gamemode Ever
    July 2011
    1,590 Posts
    You could probably fit like 3 crotch rockets in a B body mopar trunk.

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,753 Posts
    I've fit 10 TV's, a Fridge and a Washing machine in my trunk.

Edited:

And a queen size bed and frame. Two dressers, and a couple tables. And an oldish ~60 inch projection TV that I got for $25

35. Post #35
    Best Gamemode Ever
    July 2011
    1,590 Posts
    In your K1500?

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,753 Posts
    Shhh its got a trunk.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    762 Posts
    I've fit 10 TV's, a Fridge and a Washing machine in my trunk.

Edited:

And a queen size bed and frame. Two dressers, and a couple tables. And an oldish ~60 inch projection TV that I got for $25
    Nice. were you in new orleans during Katrina or some shit?

38. Post #38
    Best Gamemode Ever
    July 2011
    1,590 Posts
    If you call a bed a trunk

In my friend's brother's 68 Lincoln Continental coupe, we fit 6 16 inch rims with tires on them in the trunk

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,753 Posts
    Yes. is it page 2 yet?

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    762 Posts
    No but the thread's moving pretty damn quick

must be a hemi huehuehueehuehu
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)