1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,203 Posts
    Fire and Sword is 100x more fun than warband multiplayer.
    Vanilla multiplayer maybe, but I've definitely had more fun with modded Warband multiplayer than with a non-modded Fire and Sword multiplayer.

2. Post #42
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,068 Posts
    Oh fuck why did I waste £20 on WotR. This is what I was waiting for but I didn't know it was happening!

I hope some form of Co-Op is being considered by taleworlds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    18,279 Posts
    Could you imagine if they had the political intrigue of Crusader Kings 2 in mount and blade 2.
    A pipe dream, I know, but still.
    It's not that unrealistic. It's just that it would be a bit of a gamble to make such a game. Taleworlds knows: People like Mount and Blade. But would people like something like you said? They don't know. And a small company as theirs can't afford to make a testing project out of a game, like R* did with GTA IV or DICE did with Mirrors Edge.

The best chance is some ambitious guy on kickstarter. It might pop up any day, but it might as well not pop up at all.

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    8,027 Posts
    There's a video from some turkish videogame show that shows upgraded player customisation like bodybuild sliders.

Fire and Sword is 100x more fun than warband multiplayer.
    There's a mod called deluge that's basically fire and sword but for free and for warband.

Also more features, some of which never before seen in M&B.

Fire and sword is actually p subpar and the balance isnt good.

If you're going to buy it, buy Warband. Mount and Blade by itself is pretty shoddy, and I'd just get some mods instead of shelling out for Fire and Sword/Napoleonic Wars.
    I was actually somewhat disappointed when they released warband with a full price tag because it was what mount & blade's final version should have been.

Some things I didn't like them getting rid of are the different sizes and types of army patrols before the versions in which lords could leave their castles with troops, black knights, the "strange armor" and zendar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    November 2010
    5,721 Posts
    I only played With Fire and Sword just to fuck around my home country and kill Polish people. That's all we Lithuanians strive for really.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,254 Posts
    I can tell this trailer costed millions to make.
    Also I should invest more time in M&B.

7. Post #47
    Cyberpunk Member
    August 2006
    3,518 Posts
    Oh shit oh shit oh shit. Welp, I'm hyped.

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    666 Posts
    Here's my wishlist for M&B2:

- More coherent campaign with clearer goals

- More emphasis on relationships which have an impact to the overall campaign, especially if you're courting a lady from a faction you're in war with

- Improved character models and NPC personalities

- Better character creation
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

9. Post #49

- More emphasis on relationships which have an impact to the overall campaign, especially if you're courting a lady from a faction you're in war with

Campaign? Why would we have one of those? It is sandbox.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,568 Posts
    for people who want a story for mount and blade?

I wish i could finally duel wield in this game, and lower my chances of getting staggered from a blow.

11. Post #51
    January 2012
    226 Posts
    Co-op campaign pls

Edited:

The non-multiplayer sandbox thing is called the campaign
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

12. Post #52
    Excited for this game, but the teaser was rather 'eh' tier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    3,182 Posts
    If they don't have feinting, chambering and other such things WB has I cant see myself switching over.

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,110 Posts
    Warband was so great. I can't wait for this.

15. Post #55
    June 2009
    930 Posts
    Oh yes, my god yes. Warband was like one of my favorite games ever!

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2010
    8,080 Posts
    Uhm. Mount and blade doesn't really have a story and you can craft your own. You could become a vassal, or become a footsoldier with a mod. You can create your own kingdom and earn the right to be a monarch, or support a pretender to the throne and become his marshal once you secure his grasp on his kingdom. There's a lot of ways to craft a story in mount and blade, and if you want a campaign, play fire and sword.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

17. Post #57
    December 2007
    2,827 Posts
    Still waiting for someone to say Bonerlord.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,530 Posts
    or more interesting and varied and more and harder quests

i couldn't find much to do during midgame where i was a pretty wealthy mercenary with 60 men, but not strong enough to become a vassal (since then I can't fund my army)

the quests were boring and barely moved your relationship up with a lord, and the bandit parties were piss-poor people to fight against since it was so damn easy

i kind of wish they'll add some random marauding armies that storm across the land once in a while, like prophesy of pendor, so I have something to do

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,393 Posts
    I really hope they focus on both SP an MP equally. I will be seriously pissed if they remove/dumb down the SP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,530 Posts
    i think it's going to be mostly an SP focus, since War of the Roses is basically M&B multiplayer polished with better graphics and some new features, and it is published by the same company
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Qatar Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    3,256 Posts
    Oh god this is actually happening YES YES YES

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    3,611 Posts

- Co op
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

23. Post #63
    January 2012
    226 Posts
    i think it's going to be mostly an SP focus, since War of the Roses is basically M&B multiplayer fucked up with clunky and bad combat but with better graphics and some horrible new features, and it is published by the same company
    ftfy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    3,256 Posts
    I just hope to god they upgrade the graphics.

25. Post #65
    Not to mention M&B Warband == up to 255 players.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    8,027 Posts

If you're expecting a narrative you aren't probably going to get it.

Well, there's already companion "questlines" and basic political/social interaction between lords but that's pretty far from a branching storyline, it's more like a form your own story game.

I think the way it is now with choosing your background and a vague "motive" for yourself which all also affect your stats and your starting stuff is good.

And the goal is obviously whatever you want it to be: be rich, be renowned, get the high score, become a king, become the emperor of calradia and so on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    666 Posts
    If you're expecting a narrative you aren't probably going to get it.

Well, there's already companion "questlines" and basic political/social interaction between lords but that's pretty far from a branching storyline, it's more like a form your own story game.

I think the way it is now with choosing your background and a vague "motive" for yourself which all also affect your stats and your starting stuff is good.

And the goal is obviously whatever you want it to be: be rich, be renowned, get the high score, become a king, become the emperor of calradia and so on.
    By campaign, I meant that if you're pursuing a certain goal, for example, becoming the Emperor of Calradia, the game would sometimes hint or direct you on your way.

In the original game, even if you wanted to become a monarch, it wasn't exactly clear how you were supposed to do that.

I do not want the game to hold my hand and I'm quite happy with how the game works right now, but sometimes a little direction would be nice.

As far as the political/social interactions with lords go, it's not really anything more than certain phrases repeated over again with different variables, e.g. "I heard you wanted to own castle X, but I already promised it to lord Y" etc.

It would be nice if every lord/lady had unique dialogue and perks which you could take advantage of if you were to win their favor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    October 2010
    10,383 Posts
    Better combat. I don't really know how to explain it, I like how the combat works in the game, it's just, there needs to be strikes that can hit several people, more easy to understand ("realistic") animations, and sync with hitting and slashing, like, I would love a system where when you slash a line of blood spurts out with the slash showing exactly where you hit the person. Also an Overgrowth type bleeding system would be pretty awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    18,279 Posts
    I won't set my hopes to high. It's a good thing the teaser was rather meh, they avoided the Skyrim effect.

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    12,747 Posts
    I cba to find it now

but this is old news to people who were like ardently following the dev team

they had a video of some WIP models that were said to be for M&B 2 for a while

31. Post #71
    The AI needs a fix.

I hate how whenever it is you against multiple people, you have to run backwards slashing at them unless they surround you and give you zero chance at all to do anything.

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    469 Posts
    Here's the old video people were talking about. Definitely some new models in the end and such.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

33. Post #73
    August 2009
    9,305 Posts
    Ohmagodicantttweeeeght

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,631 Posts
    Coop would be an awesome addition.

Imagine commanding an army with your friends as captains.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    469 Posts
    Also an old interview about M&B2 from April 2012. From Nikephoros an old Taleworlds member who went to the HQ of Taleworlds for an interview

D: You have done a great job improving the combat system from M&B WB. Between the horizontal strokes of M&B and animations more elaborate WB - in which you added the possibility of kicking - there is an abyss. How are you going to do with M&B2? It will be simple evolution, or plan to totally revolutionize the system of strikes and blocks?
    R: We are re-doing everything again, we are not using anything from the old games. As for the game mechanics, I know for sure we are going to work on the parry system. We implemented it into the later versions of Warband. We are also rewriting all the animations for blocking, for example. Blocking was nice, but you know, was a little ďblockyĒ, back then. There are some attacks that you canít just stop with an upper block, you have to divert it, we are taking care of stuff like that. Itís going to be an evolution, as you said, not a revolution. The combat system is going to be essentially the same, but itís going to be improved. A lot. We changed programming language and everythingÖ

D: And what about the module system?
    R: there wonít be a module system anymore. Itís going to be a lot more accessible, the whole structure of the game is being rewritten, tenths of times, for the modders to do whatever they please. We created a new game from scratches. What has started as a husband and wife project has expanded, as you know, and the new code began accumulating on top of the old code. It became a little clumsy, it is natural. Have you messed with the shader file, for example?

D: I didnít have the courage. But I remember seeing the zombie texture around the folder, a few times.
    R: exactly. Many things right now are hard coded, like animations, that canít be changed without the help of a developer. You wonít have as many limitations in M&B 2.

D: Regarding the map, will there be a new map? Will the world change, will it remain the same? Howís it going to be for single-player lovers?
    R: the game, in terms of campaign and the world itself has changed like three times from now, but we are pretty confident we are going to keep this version. Letís just say we are going to expand what you already know about Calradia.

D: You know there had been many successful modifications for the game, and one of the best known is the Strategus Ė cRPG, which allows the players to have some sort of multiplayer campaign. Will there be any feature like that in the game to come?
    R: at this stage a multiplayer, competitive or cooperative looks still pretty difficult to make.

D: Warband opened a completely new market and a completely new fanbase for the M&B franchise. It also created a new genre for multiplayer games, a niche that some other software houses are trying to exploit. How is Taleworlds going to deal with the competition?
    R: Ah, the competitionÖ letís just say weíll carry on doing what we can do best: offer some historically plausible, rock-hard gameplay. Thatís what we are trying to keep for the multiplayer.

D: Are you going to focus more on a more accessible playability or are you going to keep on going on the track opened by Warband?
    R: Of course, there wonít be anything like a Viking battling a space marine (although it would be awesome n.d.r.), but we wonít be focusing on a specific year. No French vs. English, for example. We are going to expand, stretch and bend it a little. Letís just say that.

D: still about the multiplayer, there is a diffused concern regarding TWís support of the multiplayer community. In regards especially to ďofficialĒ community sporting events, like the NC and the ENL, and in general the competitive side of the gaming. Will there be in M&B 2 a more stable and organized supports for clans, players, maps?
    R: we have been talking about it a lot by now. The Nationsí Cup support, or the new website, which is a little old by now, but was intended to work as some sort of portal page, where you could register your profile, your serial, see the games you owned and stuff like that. Our best effort was put in creating a stable community that supported us, and for which we could produce stuff for. We are also working on some sort of official ladder, a series of official tournaments.

D: what about players IDs? Will there be a system to officially recognize player names and clans?
    R: we are really thinking about it, we like the idea of a player account usable for the forums, the community, the game, the data being gathered in some separate database, accessible from other computers, for example. We are working on it.

D: And now for a particularly interesting point concerning the Italian community: will there be an official Italian translation?
    R: the only translations done until now were done by players, so probably yes. The localizations were made by players who approached us, then the translations would be revised and corrected, and finally accepted.
    And it is because the community OWNS the game. There have been contributions, suggestions that have been put into the game. This sense of property is maybe one of the reasons why we have such a loyal and affectionate community.

D: Still, there has been a recent controversy, which can be somehow told like this: the attitude has changed a lot since the very beginnings where community-developers interaction was the norm, to this day.
    R: We are a lot bigger now. When I got hired first, there was five people at TW. Now we are 25. Working on a bigger, better, stronger game. We donít really have much to show now, not just yet. There has been no official press release, you know, but the word is out there. But once we are ready to show something to you guys, weíll get back on track, receiving millions and millions of tons of feedback and comments. We are going to get back on track. We are not a huge, faceless corporate company: the community is all weíve got.
    Weíll get back on track, I promise.

D: the most important question of all: in M&B2 will there be dinosaurs?
    R: *laughs* only if you dig deep enough!

D: speaking of phisics, how will the players interact with the environments in M&B2?
    R: Itís still very early to talk, but we would like the game environment to be interactive as much as possible. The ideal would be to have the player pick-up, destroy and throw stuff. We are rebuilding, or should I say building, a physics engine from scratches.

Just a reminder from April 2012, anything could change.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #76
    Here's the old video people were talking about. Definitely some new models in the end and such.

Looks a lot better and that is really old, the map looks bigger too.

37. Post #77
    August 2009
    9,305 Posts
    D: the most important question of all: in M&B2 will there be dinosaurs?
    R: *laughs* only if you dig deep enough!
    Dinosaur mounts confirmed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    8,027 Posts
    Dinosaur mounts confirmed.
    dynamic terrain and digging confirmed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    18,279 Posts
    D: And what about the module system?
    R: there wonít be a module system anymore. Itís going to be a lot more accessible, the whole structure of the game is being rewritten, tenths of times, for the modders to do whatever they please.

Oh my god, that is so nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

40. Post #80
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,530 Posts
    Even better mods?

fuck yes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Qatar Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)