1. Post #41
    OvB
    Facepunch resident scientist
    March 2007
    13,017 Posts
    You could judge him on the Dexter's Laboratory, Cow and Chicken, I Am Weasel, and Johnny Bravo episodes he wrote
    Or you could judge him by his successful singing career, or the fact that he swayed Fox to air the sequel of Carl Sagan's Cosmos on Fox prime time television. A series he also happens to be producing along side Ann Druyan and Neil DeGrasse Tyson. Or that he helped create
    Library of Congress posted:
    "approximately 800 boxes of materials that document Saganís life and work and includes his extensive correspondence with scientific colleagues and other important figures of the 20th century. It also includes book drafts, publications files, "idea files" on various subjects, records of various symposia, NASA files and academic files covering the years he taught at Cornell University. Among the personal files are his birth announcement, handwritten notebooks of his earliest thoughts and grammar-school report cards. In addition to manuscript materials, the collection includes photographs, audiotapes and videocassettes. Researchers and scholars will be able to use the collection once it has been fully processed by the Libraryís archivists."
    http://www.loc.gov/today/pr/2012/12-104.html

Nah, or we could judge him on Family Guy, which he no longer want's to continue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

2. Post #42
    I once watched a girl get eaten by a horse and it was bad
    Dennab
    December 2008
    5,685 Posts
    Lately, my dad's been getting into family guy, and although I've been peer pressured into disliking Family Guy due to FP, I actually found a few moments in certain episodes funny, you guys are too sheepish, time to have your own opinions n shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 20Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    August 2012
    449 Posts
    He ought to be more entertaining than Billy Crystal was.

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,990 Posts
    You could judge him on the Dexter's Laboratory, Cow and Chicken, I Am Weasel, and Johnny Bravo episodes he wrote
    And also his first feature film, 'Ted,' which I thought was surprisingly good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,890 Posts
    Lately, my dad's been getting into family guy, and although I've been peer pressured into disliking Family Guy due to FP, I actually found a few moments in certain episodes funny, you guys are too sheepish, time to have your own opinions n shit.
    family guy was hilarious, but then it started getting washed out. more and more pop culture references were being used and it eventually became seth's way of voicing his opinions.

sort of like the simpsons except not as tragic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    7,164 Posts
    I want to know how many of you guys know that Seth wrote Johnny Bravo.
    And Dextars Laboratory.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    Dennab
    August 2012
    225 Posts
    Say whatever you like about the show, but Macfarlane can be very funny at times. Rather have him host the Oscars than some of the others they've had through the years (who have always played it safe with the jokes and so on, thus making it extremely repetitive).

Look at what happened when Ricky Gervais hosted the Golden Globes. He wasn't afraid of pushing the jokes and I don't think Macfarlane will be either.
    Family Guy was good earlier in it's lifespan, but now FOX is just milking to the point where it isnt even funny anymore
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2010
    1,401 Posts
    he's sexy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    Annotated Reader Lapsed Pacifist
    December 2008
    11,563 Posts
    I can't see Seth MacFarlane doing the Oscars. I really can't.

10. Post #50
    Star Extraordinaire
    May 2011
    4,387 Posts
    I can't see Seth MacFarlane doing the Oscars. I really can't.
    I can see him doing it, but not without part of it in one of his cartoon voices.

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,098 Posts
    He did a terrible job hosting Charlie Sheen's roast, what made anyone think he'd be a good candidate for this?

Edited:

or the fact that he swayed Fox to air the sequel of Carl Sagan's Cosmos on Fox prime time television. A series he also happens to be producing along side Ann Druyan and Neil DeGrasse Tyson.
    Holy shit

Edited:

I liked he show when it was new and pushing boundaries, back in the '90s
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    I do it all
    November 2010
    13,563 Posts
    Oh my god seriously? Johnny bravo was the highlight of my childhood

And the power puff girls
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    12,893 Posts
    His roasts he has led have been god awful I expect nothing different here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,723 Posts
    i find it funny that everyone is jumping on the "LOL FAMILY GUY SUCKS" bandwagon

you act like it was NEVER good and you're too cool for it

Edited:

it sucks now of course but that's because seth doesn't even want it anymore
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,337 Posts
    Informative.
    I guess I was wrong about him. Still, those were the shows I did like.

16. Post #56
    March 2012
    385 Posts
    Have you own opinions for once, Jesus. You realize that Seth Macfarlane doesn't write every single joke on Family Guy, right? It's done by a whole team of writers.

Seth Macfarlane is a great public speaker and a funny one at that. Quit being afraid you'll be rated Boxes for liking his shit.

17. Post #57
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    12,893 Posts
    Funny considering the entire thread is people praising him
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #58
    You're Gonna Carry That Weight.
    June 2008
    7,184 Posts
    If you hold the opposite opinion I'm sure it does look that way, but don't be a drama queen.

Edited:

I'm not surprised family guy isn't funny now when people like this write for it. Sometimes if I'm trying not to laugh I go to this guy's twitter feed and read for a minute or two, it works miracles. Seriously.
    https://twitter.com/BlitznBeans
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

19. Post #59
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    10,133 Posts
    Anyone who hates on Seth because of Family Guy or the other Fox show's he is forced to still contribute to need to look at him overall. He is a very talented entertainer, and a even more talented public figure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2010
    1,401 Posts
    This thread has two types of people
    people who praise him and people who say stop bashing him FP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    Dennab
    April 2010
    5,256 Posts
    i find it funny that everyone is jumping on the "LOL FAMILY GUY SUCKS" bandwagon

you act like it was NEVER good and you're too cool for it

Edited:

it sucks now of course but that's because seth doesn't even want it anymore

This is a forum with a lot of people who think xkcd is hilarious, so welp....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    December 2010
    6,390 Posts
    Family Guy used to be hilarious, I don't know what season it happened in but it has gone to shit. but all the bitching and complaining about the show is more annoying than the show itself (like all most terrible shows)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    14,532 Posts
    I don't think it's really the cutaway jokes that make Family Guy bad, it's the absolute laziness with pop culture references. They're not even really references, they're often just copying a scene from a movie verbatim. It's like a pop culture cover band.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,990 Posts
    Family Guy used to be hilarious, I don't know what season it happened in but it has gone to shit. but all the bitching and complaining about the show is more annoying than the show itself (like all most terrible shows)
    It's probably gone to shit because even Seth MacFarlane himself stopped wanting to do the show a good long while ago. Episodes like 'Road to the Multiverse' prove that there's definitely still some great talent there but I'm starting to think many of them have simply lost interest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    December 2010
    6,390 Posts
    It's probably gone to shit because even Seth MacFarlane himself stopped wanting to do the show a good long while ago. Episodes like 'Road to the Multiverse' prove that there's definitely still some great talent there but I'm starting to think many of them have simply lost interest.
    Well I am glad at least the show ran on for so long after being renewed. I remember listening to the commentary of one of the early family guy episodes right before they got cancelled and he said he was so upset to see the show he dreamed so hard to be created was cancelled.

26. Post #66
    September 2007
    3,232 Posts
    I haven't heard an idea this bad since they accidentally booked whoopie goldberg to host the jewish banking awards.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

27. Post #67
    June 2007
    459 Posts
    Family Guy has been getting real good over the past year or so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

28. Post #68
    May 2011
    822 Posts
    So Family Guy, Family Guy with different characters and Family Guy with different characters?
    Saw this on an episode of the Simpsons. Had a very good laugh.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,194 Posts
    Same thing that happened to family guy happened to the simpsons.
    Every episode is littered with celeberties and pop cultur references. Sure, they might have some fun parts, but otherwise it's a mess. The older episodes where much better.

I haven't actually watched American Dad or The Cleveland Show because they don't air in Sweden.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

30. Post #70
    May 2011
    822 Posts
    Same thing that happened to family guy happened to the simpsons.
    Every episode is littered with celeberties and pop cultur references. Sure, they might have some fun parts, but otherwise it's a mess. The older episodes where much better.

I haven't actually watched American Dad or The Cleveland Show because they don't air in Sweden.
    Well what can you do when you've run out of family based jokes? It's like the hollyoaks syndrome. they've run out of bad things to happen so they get stuck in a constant loop. With hollyoaks its slags sleeping with manslags and in family guy its flashbacks or "RANDOM!" stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    3,532 Posts
    Wasn't that only the Adam West episode?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #72
    August 2011
    628 Posts
    He's a really good singer, he performed at the BBC Proms a couple of years ago and was great. You can tell he likes music too.
    More exactly, the 2009 Proms from the Royal Albert Hall, London.

Overall, a talented person.

There'll be some singing at 2012's Oscar.

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    888 Posts
    I will be funny, he's not all about family guy, he also sings :D

34. Post #74
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,359 Posts
    Saw this on an episode of the Simpsons. Had a very good laugh.

That's from the episode where The Simpsons go to Italy to pick up Mr. Burns' car and they ended up meeting Sideshow Bob.

and I've only seen the episode once.

Yeah, Family Guy was pretty good before and a tiny bit after the cancellation. Show creators showing a lack of interest will make the show go downhill - same with Spongebob Squarepants.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #75
    September 2007
    3,232 Posts
    Show creators showing a lack of interest will make the show go downhill - same with Spongebob Squarepants.
    Except family guy was a decent show once.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #76
    As seen on TV
    May 2011
    1,972 Posts
    I'm a seth fan hes a massively talented guy,and he deserves something like this!
    well done seth!

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,535 Posts
    Spongebob was actually a decent show at one point too, you know, it's just that it didn't take Spongebob as long as Family Guy or The Simpsons to go downhill.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #78
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,418 Posts
    MacFarlane's work isn't bad in my opinion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #79
    September 2007
    3,232 Posts
    Spongebob was actually a decent show at one point too, you know,
    when?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #80
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,735 Posts
    Don't talk shit about Spongebob.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)