1. Post #1
    May 2012
    57 Posts
    Could someone port the gomod physgun model as a replacement for the current physgun please? Ill even give you a cookie. ;)

Heres a picture of the model.

[IMG][/IMG]

Heres a link to the Gomod mod for Half-Life

http://www.moddb.com/mods/go-mod/dow.../go-modbeta-20

(Only this version has the model the latest version dosnt)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,804 Posts
    I don't really see what the point of doing this is. It's just a lower-quality model with the hands showing, it'll look outta place unless you're really into the retro kind of stuff. Is there a specific reason for it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    January 2012
    95 Posts
    Really? you want hl1 styled physgun?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

4. Post #4
    May 2012
    57 Posts
    Is there a specific reason for it?
    Yes im making a movie in wich is going to have it in it.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    2,331 Posts
    I would just do think you could just extract it from GO-MOD.

6. Post #6
    May 2012
    57 Posts
    I would just do think you could just extract it from GO-MOD.
    But then it would just be a model. Im not much of a coder/game developer but if someone could link me to a page or video that shows me how to make a model into a physgun then i could do try and do it myself.

7. Post #7
    May 2012
    57 Posts
    I got the models into Garry's Mod but when i try and use them it says "CMDL Cache out of memory" Any ideas?

8. Post #8
    I will huff and puff and FLIP YOUR FUCKING TABLES
    October 2005
    7,186 Posts
    You can't just put a Half-Life 1 model into Source, it doesn't work like that.
    You'll need to decompile the model and re-compile it for Source, and also convert the textures to VTFs, make VMTs for them, and make sure animations have the proper activities.
    But what's the point? This is the exact same model as is used in GMod just with worse textures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Useful Useful x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    May 2012
    57 Posts
    You can't just put a Half-Life 1 model into Source, it doesn't work like that.
    You'll need to decompile the model and re-compile it for Source, and also convert the textures to VTFs, make VMTs for them, and make sure animations have the proper activities.
    But what's the point? This is the exact same model as is used in GMod just with worse textures.

When i saw the files for the model it just showed p_physgun v_physgun and w_physgun no texture files. :o
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3Lua King Lua King x 3 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,804 Posts
    Well, now we know who we're dealing with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

11. Post #11
    I will huff and puff and FLIP YOUR FUCKING TABLES
    October 2005
    7,186 Posts
    Just. Stop trying. Learn more about the Source and goldSrc engine before you try to do this kind of thing or you'll just end up hurting yourself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    May 2012
    57 Posts
    Just. Stop trying. Learn more about the Source and goldSrc engine before you try to do this kind of thing or you'll just end up hurting yourself.

Learn about codeing? That would take years. I guess I could just try and green screen it in Go-mod. Ill just abandone trying or anything on this thread. Ill probobaly get my friend to turn it into a physgun for me he knows about this stuff. This thread can be locked now.

Well, now we know who we're dealing with.
    ??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2009
    2,482 Posts
    This would be much better placed in the model section, start a thread there instead.

14. Post #14
    April 2009
    2,820 Posts
    Learn about codeing?
    When did he say anything about coding?

15. Post #15
    May 2012
    57 Posts
    When did he say anything about coding?
    Im pretty sure most of that stuff is with coding and C++.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    2,331 Posts
    Learn about the Source engine, At most it might take you a few days, Not learn how to code.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    May 2012
    57 Posts
    Learn about the Source engine, At most it might take you a few days, Not learn how to code.
    Even knows your the one that gave me the idea to even attempt to put the files into gmod could you link me to a page that shows me all this crap about the
    Source engine

18. Post #18
    It's time to unban Banshee Friend
    Dennab
    April 2011
    5,915 Posts
    Im pretty sure most of that stuff is with coding and C++.
    yeah and umm...photoshop two!!

and um...yeah don't forget....yeah mspaint!
    and blender!

did you really just throw in c++ because it's a coding language?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    May 2012
    57 Posts
    When I asked my friend he sent me this image.

He said "Its not done yet so far it dosnt show lighting at all and is kind of far from the original physgun placement."

Edited:

yeah and umm...photoshop two!!

and um...yeah don't forget....yeah mspaint!
    and blender!

did you really just throw in c++ because it's a coding language?

Nope I got C++ from here.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=699477
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,852 Posts
    wait what did the physgun get ported to doom?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

21. Post #21
    I pleasure myself while wearing Combine armour~~
    May 2010
    8,010 Posts
    Horrible 'shop, but really why that physgun? It's really the same and why bother?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    May 2012
    57 Posts
    why bother?
    Post #4.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    May 2009
    167 Posts
    When I asked my friend he sent me this image.

(IMAGE)

He said "Its not done yet so far it dosnt show lighting at all and is kind of far from the original physgun placement."
    Edited:

looks like your friend did a nice cut and paste there...
    wow seriously i just dont get why you want a so lowres physgun when you got a perfectly nice one in gmod already?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    October 2011
    139 Posts
    its photoshop you idiot..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Israel Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    May 2012
    57 Posts
    Edited:

why you want a so lowres physgun when you got a perfectly nice one in gmod already?
    Post #4. And He sent me the download link.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)