1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    18,650 Posts
    Is Eli suddenly now Samuel L Jackson?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 2 (list)

2. Post #42
    I have a raging boner right now
    August 2010
    340 Posts
    Is Eli suddenly now Samuel L Jackson?
    Science, do you speak it motherfucker?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 18Winner Winner x 3 (list)

3. Post #43
    June 2011
    628 Posts
    Anyone know any good High-Res packs like this but for Crysis 1?

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,212 Posts
    I think there were plenty of those around. Don't know any specific ones though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,852 Posts
    Tried it before, It's pretty good.

6. Post #46
    October 2010
    1,504 Posts
    Don't texture packs always look better then the ones shipped with the game?
    Absolutely not. It's not unusual that people just get some high-res files from cgtextures and slap them into the game without actually thinking about how that will look. I've been following this for a while and this guy made a lot of textures on his own, has a sense of graphic design and knows that the consistency of quality is really important.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

7. Post #47
    OFFICIAL DEAN of MAX PAYNE
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    Dang, this is the best texture pack I've ever used. Almost entirely because the guy just made the old textures HD and didn't slap some shitty CG Textures on that ruined the entire feel of the game. The ambulance doesn't look like a piece of pixely shit anymore and signs are now readable.

8. Post #48
    "CERTIFIED" SYSTEMS BUILDER
    June 2007
    2,646 Posts
    Wow, I wish I had this when I played the first time.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 27Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    April 2012
    3,359 Posts
    see that sofa? you can tessellate it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Funny Funny x 53Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    The original textures look laughable in comparison.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 47 (list)

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    4,409 Posts
    Consoles
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 24Zing Zing x 7Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    The original textures look laughable in comparison.
    The original texture looks laughable for this day and age.

I mean shit, that's like pre HL2 quality.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

13. Post #53
    The TRUE Holly
    August 2008
    1,809 Posts
    "Well good thing there is blur, bloom and lenseflares everywhere so you wont even be able to get a good look at the textures, right?"
    -Crytek
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Zing Zing x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    July 2012
    4,401 Posts

All the post fx and other crap uses up resources so they have to cut back on textures. On consoles that is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    January 2008
    1,216 Posts
    "Well good thing there is blur, bloom and lenseflares everywhere so you wont even be able to get a good look at the textures, right?"
    -Crytek
    uhhhh... not really, no. maybe the motion blur is a little too much, but i dont think anyone has ever complained about overdone bloom or lensflare in this game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    July 2012
    4,401 Posts
    At least Crysis 2 does not blind you like BF3 does.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Agree Agree x 16Zing Zing x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    4,409 Posts
    At least Crysis 2 does not blind you like BF3 does.
    and has more than one colour.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing x 20Agree x 6Funny x 2Informative x 1Optimistic x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    9,740 Posts
    Rygels Texture pack, look it up. It's pretty insane.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Norway Show Events Useful Useful x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,811 Posts
    As if it wasn't hd enough
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

20. Post #60
    June 2011
    628 Posts
    uhhhh... not really, no. maybe the motion blur is a little too much, but i dont think anyone has ever complained about overdone bloom or lensflare in this game.
    Always loved Cryengine's bloom, it seemed to be only overdone where it enhances the scene (I.E. first sunrise in Crysis 1, that blew me away)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

21. Post #61
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    10,242 Posts
    -Crytek
    Crysis 2 looks better than many games out thre with the HD texture pack, just not to this extent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,194 Posts

It really depends on where it's used, they're not going to include 2048x2048 textures for a sign that's only used once behind something you can't get past, etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

23. Post #63
    February 2010
    6,172 Posts
    Tried it, looks great!

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    3,325 Posts
    Speaking of that FakeFactory pack, weren't the world textures really good or something? But the hilarious models is what people have come to know it for?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17 (list)

25. Post #65
    January 2009
    350 Posts
    and, the mapping.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #66
    August 2005
    3,964 Posts
    Speaking of that FakeFactory pack, weren't the world textures really good or something? But the hilarious models is what people have come to know it for?
    Yeah the characters create this big dissonance. I think it's just awkward in a way.

I'm just looking at the latest fake factory version now (it's v12, and apparently it's very new) and I think his Alyx character looks much better now. But I wish he put that much effort into making the original Alyx look better while at the same time keeping the charm.

Going to download and give it a try anyway. There are new shaders and shit too now apparently.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    19,828 Posts
    and has more than one colour.
    And doesn't ban you for changing the color
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 3Zing Zing x 2 (list)

28. Post #68
    Everyone has a $1 title
    November 2008
    7,053 Posts
    And doesn't ban you for changing the color
    They kick you (not ban) because you're editing the game's files, not because you're changing how the game looks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,308 Posts
    They kick you (not ban) because you're editing the game's files, not because you're changing how the game looks.
    People need to stop being dumb shitheads and realise this.

Whatever it is that detects the changes doesn't differentiate between changes to the look of the game and changes that affect gameplay. It only knows you changed shit and that should be enough.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #70
    The best headhumper of the galaxy.
    January 2012
    2,780 Posts
    People need to stop being dumb shitheads and realise this.

Whatever it is that detects the changes doesn't differentiate between changes to the look of the game and changes that affect gameplay. It only knows you changed shit and that should be enough.
    I agree with you. The thing is, they set the files to client-side on MP, when it should be server-side, so people don't edit the files to get 10000 damage instakill rifles.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    4,174 Posts
    Crysis 2 looks better than many games out thre with the HD texture pack, just not to this extent.
    It benefits much more from the DX11 patch though. The tone mapping makes it incredibly vivid, especially on a nice screen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

32. Post #72
    August 2012
    135 Posts
    I don't like the looks of this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

33. Post #73
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    9,740 Posts
    Meh, Crysis 2 in DX11 seems to be incompatible with Windows 8 for whatever reason. First time I've experienced an incompatibility problem with this OS.

So I'll have to wait for a patch :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,098 Posts
    Believe it or not there is an Elite PC gamer mentality. And by that it's for people who think they have like the ultimate gaming PC. People who think a 560 Ti
    That's what I have. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #75
    I pleasure myself while wearing Combine armour~~
    May 2010
    7,943 Posts
    That's what I have. :(
    Ditto.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

36. Post #76
    C47
    January 2010
    968 Posts
    No females in crysis 2, no need texture packs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Arab Emirates Show Events Dumb Dumb x 14Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    4,409 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    The best headhumper of the galaxy.
    January 2012
    2,780 Posts
    do you play games with females only for fapping pleasure or what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 7Funny Funny x 3Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #79
    August 2011
    2,827 Posts
    Believe it or not there is an Elite PC gamer mentality. And by that it's for people who think they have like the ultimate gaming PC. People who think a 560 Ti is the best video card on the planetz. With games that actually include these kinds of things as an option, and it is indeed demanding, you get shit from people whining that their computer can't run the highest of the high. "SHIT OPTIMIZATION" "WHO CODED THIS SHIT" et cetera. It's rather common in the places I look since I'm usually checking out configs for games for higher quality. Sometimes it's legit, like with RO2, that game did not look good enough for the performance it required. But plenty of times people either whine that the game is badly optimized since they can't max a 2012 game on their 2009-2010 hardware, or it runs so fast that they think they didn't really add anything in the game.

The best medium is to leave it normally, but then let users go into configuration files and let them tweak because the mentality is, "oooo I'm pushing it further than it's supposed to." and if it doesn't work well, then they know they simply pushed it too much. Seems like a better alternative.

But that's my opinion.
    And that's why Crysis 2's lowest graphic setting is called high iirc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Italy Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)

40. Post #80
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,753 Posts
    Too little too late.
    Props to the creator though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)