1. Post #201
    I tried reinstalling Gmod but my game still freezes during loading on Initializing game data. Any possible fixes for this would be appreciated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

2. Post #202
    August 2010
    230 Posts
    It means that voice will be heard like the playermodel is actually talking instead of the voice being transmitted to everyone in the server.
    That's what I thought it meant. That's pretty damn awesome. I've actually wanted that for a while. :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

3. Post #203
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,431 Posts

I take it I was one of the first to update....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Winner Winner x 2 (list)

4. Post #204

March 2010
    5 Posts
    Hi !
    I have a french version of GMOD but my game crash at loading screen when "initialisation des donné du jeu"
    how i can fix that ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events Agree Agree x 2Artistic Artistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #205

June 2007
    2 Posts
    When i launch the game i just get a black screen that then crashes into a windows message saying that hl2.exe has crashed. I have re downloaded the game and verified the game cache. Anyone else getting this or know how to fix it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #206
    August 2010
    230 Posts
    Okay. Instead of deleting my GMod folder, I renamed it to garrysmodOLD so that I don't lose my stuff.

EDIT: I'll probably delete it soon, seeing as it takes up a shitload of space.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #207
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,070 Posts
    Anyone else's workshop not working? Like, subscribe to an addon, and it doesn't download?

8. Post #208
    September 2001
    12,322 Posts
    I tried reinstalling Gmod but my game still freezes during loading on Initializing game data. Any possible fixes for this would be appreciated.
    I get the feeling this is a windows XP related error. What version of XP are you on?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #209
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,271 Posts
    I keep crashing when it tries to build the spawn icons for all the models in the "Player" category (All -> Players)

Specs

Phenom II X4 965 Black
    Win 7 Ult
    6Gb DDR3 RAM
    6870HD

Crash file found here

10. Post #210
    April 2009
    551 Posts
    I get the feeling this is a windows XP related error. What version of XP are you on?
    Got that one too, I have Win XP Service pack 3!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #211
    December 2009
    20 Posts
    Anyone else's workshop not working? Like, subscribe to an addon, and it doesn't download?
    Ingame button to open workshop still goes to 4010 and not 4000
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #212

March 2010
    5 Posts
    Got that one too, I have Win XP Service pack 3!
    Me too !
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #213
    Deleted bin/cache/downloads/whatever, did 3 -verify_all updates, updated all my binary modules, transferred over server.cfg and users.txt hldsupdatetool deleted.

We're up and everything seems to be working fine. I'm sure something will popup but it's all working afik.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

14. Post #214
    Same as the others. Service Pack 3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #215
    The Savior of FP
    May 2010
    5,629 Posts
    As a guy who didn't know much about 13 until a week ago, I want to ask? Why can some people not wrap their heads around why this update is needed? It's optimizing gmod, encouraging creative gamemodes, streamlining the addon system, and is overall refining gmod into a more professional expirience.

Oh course none of that matters because some twelve year olds shittily coded addons stopped working for half a week.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #216
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,070 Posts
    Ingame button to open workshop still goes to 4010 and not 4000
    Oh. So it's just a matter of that being updated?

17. Post #217
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,074 Posts
    Same as the others. Service Pack 3.
    Solution: get with the times old man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #218
    August 2012
    177 Posts
    Maybe verify all?
    I ran with verify_all an the (vanilla) server crashes on boot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

19. Post #219
    Dennab
    January 2011
    133 Posts
    I have a problem. Everytime I try to mount my Game's content like TF2, Portal, HL2DM, etc. I keep getting this error:

amMountFilesystem depotid 440.442 [ SteamMountFilesystem(4884,442,0x15f9f750=,0x15f9f6 40) failed with error 116: Cache needs repair]
    Couldn't SteamMountFilesystem depotid 440.443 [ SteamMountFilesystem(4884,443,0x15f9f750=,0x15f9f6 40) failed with error 116: Cache needs repair]
    Couldn't SteamMountFilesystem depotid 440.441 [ SteamMountFilesystem(4884,441,0x15f9f750=,0x15f9f6 40) failed with error 116: Cache needs repair]
    Couldn't SteamMountFilesystem depotid 440.442 [ SteamMountFilesystem(4884,442,0x15f9f750=,0x15f9f6 40) failed with error 116: Cache needs repair]
    Couldn't SteamMountFilesy
    Any help?

20. Post #220
    Solution: get with the times old man.
    Trust me I want to. I just don't have the money for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #221
    December 2009
    20 Posts
    Oh. So it's just a matter of that being updated?
    Yes. If you change your URL manually from 4010 to 4000, you can see the correct workshop and any items you subscribe to will be downloaded.

22. Post #222
    August 2010
    230 Posts
    Deleted bin/cache/downloads/whatever, did 3 -verify_all updates, updated all my binary modules, transferred over server.cfg and users.txt hldsupdatetool deleted.

We're up and everything seems to be working fine. I'm sure something will popup but it's all working afik.
    JetBoom, you're awesome!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

23. Post #223
    Being a man is too mainstream
    February 2010
    275 Posts
    Everything works for me like a charm, thanks garry
    also Max for the great models
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

24. Post #224
    April 2012
    6 Posts
    Hey Garry I am getting a little box in the left hand corner saying there is script error. It happens when I join single player and when I kill a NPC. The game doesn't crash or anything. Should I be concerned or just a small bug that will get fixed over time?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

25. Post #225
    September 2001
    12,322 Posts
    I keep crashing when it tries to build the spawn icons for all the models in the "Player" category (All -> Players)

Specs

Phenom II X4 965 Black
    Win 7 Ult
    6Gb DDR3 RAM
    6870HD

Crash file found here
    A weird one, I'm guessing it's a custom models - because it should ship with all the icons pre-built. Do you know which model it is that's causing the crash?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

26. Post #226
    PLUNGER BUTT
    November 2010
    2,610 Posts
    A lot of addons i'm subscribed to don't show up in my addons on garry's mod. So far i've unsubscribed and resubscribed 3 times, and restarted my game 4 times.

27. Post #227
    Star Extraordinaire
    May 2011
    4,314 Posts
    Everything works for me like a charm, thanks garry
    also Max for the great models
    the balloon head models of GMan and Mossman are really nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #228
    October 2007
    58 Posts
    So I guess us XP users are fucked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #229
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,271 Posts
    A weird one, I'm guessing it's a custom models - because it should ship with all the icons pre-built. Do you know which model it is that's causing the crash?
    Not a clue, but as you said, its probably a custom model.

I guess I won't worry about it too much since its obviously not a model that is going to be used much if at all.

30. Post #230
    May 2007
    1,364 Posts
    Still no keep corpses eh? Oh well hopefully soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #231
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,074 Posts
    Trust me I want to. I just don't have the money for it.
    Way to make me feel like a cunt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #232
    May 2012
    63 Posts
    Seems PlayerSwitchWeapons is still broken from the previous 2 update's.

33. Post #233
    The Savior of FP
    May 2010
    5,629 Posts
    So I guess us XP users are fucked.
    You're ten years and two operating systems behind. You're honestly lucky you even had some xp support to begin with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Dumb Dumb x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #234
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,070 Posts
    Appears as though many of the important tools that I use have disappeared. Like Legacy Addons System. That was probably the most useful of the entire thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #235
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,052 Posts
    Appears as though many of the important tools that I use have disappeared. Like Legacy Addons System. That was probably the most useful of the entire thing.
    change info.txt to addon.txt

the addons are most likely broken anyways and you are better off just deleting them!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

36. Post #236
    May 2012
    63 Posts
    I'm pretty sure all you have to do is rename the info.txt into addon.txt and it loads just like natural.

change info.txt to addon.txt

the addons are most likely broken anyways and you are better off just deleting them!
    Fuck, ninja'd.

37. Post #237
    May 2012
    79 Posts
    I ran with verify_all an the (vanilla) server crashes on boot
    Go to notepad and type this in

@echo off
    cd c:/gmod/
    echo Your Garry's Mod is now being verified!
    pause
    hldsupdatetool -command update -game garrysmod -verify_all -retry -dir .
    echo Now try starting your server!
    pause

then save it in your srcds folder or whatever you named it with the orangebox folder and name it whatever you like.bat

example: gmod.bat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #238
    November 2009
    244 Posts
    I updated my dedicated server and it refuses to start, it just spams the console.log with the lines below
    and creates loads of dump files.

I have tried deleting all .dll files, tried deleting most of the gmod folder\files & tried deleting everything but maps, materials, models and sound.
    But it still keeps on refusing to start.
    And I cannot run -verify_all on the server.

This is what get printed into console.log:

Code:
    Missing shutdown function for sv.Init( bDedicated ) : sv.Shutdown()
    Missing shutdown function for g_GameEventManager.Init() : g_GameEventManager.Shutdown()
    Missing shutdown function for NET_Init( bDedicated ) : NET_Shutdown()
    Missing shutdown function for Key_Init() : Key_Shutdown()
    Missing shutdown function for Filter_Init() : Filter_Shutdown()
    Missing shutdown function for saverestore->Init() : saverestore->Shutdown()
    Missing shutdown function for COM_Init() : COM_Shutdown()
    Missing shutdown function for V_Init() : V_Shutdown()
    Missing shutdown function for g_pCVar->Init() : g_pCVar->Shutdown()
    Missing shutdown function for Cmd_Init() : Cmd_Shutdown()
    Missing shutdown function for Cbuf_Init() : Cbuf_Shutdown()
    Missing shutdown function for Con_Init() : Con_Shutdown()
    Missing shutdown function for Memory_Init() : Memory_Shutdown()
    Missing shutdown function for Host_Init( s_bIsDedicated ) : Host_Shutdown()
    Missing shutdown function for Sys_InitMemory() : Sys_ShutdownMemory()
    Missing shutdown function for Sys_Init() : Sys_Shutdown()
    Missing shutdown function for COM_InitFilesystem( info.m_pInitialMod ) : COM_ShutdownFileSystem()
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #239
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,070 Posts
    Legacy Addon System is a workshop addon. Meaning there's no addon.txt. And those addons that I have added said file to, they still do not appear. It's either that, or I don't know where to look for my addons now.

40. Post #240
    March 2012
    13 Posts
    I just tried using bone manipulator again, except what happened was the npc's entire arm extended infinatley, and the game severely lagged. WHY?! FIX IT GARRY!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)