1. Post #1

October 2012
    2 Posts
    So, it started a while back, and its basically that every 2-3 mins or so, ill go through major lag spikes... (like... 100000 ping)... whether it's in voice chat, League, SC2 or any internet related thingy-majig.
    One of my friends suggested i buy a new router.... but im kinda broke, so thats like, last resort. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!! (it's really f***ing annoying and i cant do anything)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    1,602 Posts
    Are you running wireless or cabled?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3

October 2012
    2 Posts
    Ummmm.... im cabled. But im on a laptop..... on the wireless..... hope that answers your question

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    1,602 Posts
    Ummmm.... im cabled. But im on a laptop..... on the wireless..... hope that answers your question
    And what model is your router?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,620 Posts
    Unless it's a modem, try hooking it directly to your computer and see if it helps. Sounds like it's a copper cable connection, so it could possibly be the wiring to or around your house, that makes it unstable when too much pressure is put on to it. Might sound stupid, but just to be safe, try with another computer.
    Check the first thing first though.

6. Post #6
    I pleasure myself while wearing Combine armour~~
    May 2010
    7,968 Posts
    Unless it's a modem, try hooking it directly to your computer and see if it helps. Sounds like it's a copper cable connection, so it could possibly be the wiring to or around your house, that makes it unstable when too much pressure is put on to it. Might sound stupid, but just to be safe, try with another computer.
    Check the first thing first though.
    Usually companies like BT have 2 sockets for their phonelines, yet one is a backup. Checking if the internet increases in speed if you use the backup then that means time for a wiring replacement for the main socket.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)