1. Post #1

June 2012
    52 Posts
    Does anyone know if the black mesa source mod will be apart of garrysmod?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    4,636 Posts
    It'll be mountable once it's uploaded to Steam and Garry gets permission to make it mountable.
    It STILL hasn't been uploaded.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

3. Post #3
    Dennab
    January 2012
    588 Posts
    It'll be mountable once it's uploaded to Steam and Garry gets permission to make it mountable.
    It STILL hasn't been uploaded.
    YOU CAN'T RUSH ART.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny x 12Disagree x 2Informative x 2Winner x 1Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    September 2008
    550 Posts
    If you're impaitent, simply download the mod itself. Create a folder in your addons titled "Black Mesa" and copy over the following folders: Models, Maps, Sounds, Models, and Particles. Don't forget to include a addon.txt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree x 8Agree x 2Optimistic x 1Informative x 1Friendly x 1Useful x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    255 Posts
    I think Black Mesa Source adds some new gameplay but....not from what I saw in the gameplay video posted here on FP. The whole "Gameplay leaked" thing...it just seemed more like Half-Life on the Goldsource engine with better graphics than anything. I've honestly never been a fan of the gameplay style or the music, the story and characters are what had me the most. This is a retarded looking story if you ask me...The military has taken over once Privately Owned/Operated Research Facility...but when the military becomes involved they ruin all the fun...period.

And for Freeman to go BACK to black mesa AFTER it's been cleaned up...just doesn't make sense to me. But then again...I haven't even cared to LOOK at the mod. =\
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 35Funny Funny x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    March 2012
    56 Posts
    I think Black Mesa Source adds some new gameplay but....not from what I saw in the gameplay video posted here on FP. The whole "Gameplay leaked" thing...it just seemed more like Half-Life on the Goldsource engine with better graphics than anything. I've honestly never been a fan of the gameplay style or the music, the story and characters are what had me the most. This is a retarded looking story if you ask me...The military has taken over once Privately Owned/Operated Research Facility...but when the military becomes involved they ruin all the fun...period.

And for Freeman to go BACK to black mesa AFTER it's been cleaned up...just doesn't make sense to me. But then again...I haven't even cared to LOOK at the mod. =\
    Play the game before you judge it. The leaked gameplay footage gave me a terrible perception on what the game was actually like.

The voice acting ISN'T that shitty.
    The music ISN'T that weird.
    It's only THAT PART OF THE GAME that's like that. Besides, they changed the music to something else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    Bestest polish IFAPer
    February 2007
    5,094 Posts
    And that's why you're getting boxed. It's not "Freeman goes back to black mesa". It's the original Half-Life story. With truly refreshed graphics and gameplay.

".The military has taken over once Privately Owned/Operated Research Facility...but when the military becomes involved they ruin all the fun...period. " - what the fuck?

Black Mesa is gov't owned, and once shit hits the fan, their idea of containment is to kill everyone associated with the project. Sounds like something that would happen today if suddenly someone brought fucking aliens over, now doesn't it?

also:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Romania Show Events Funny x 3Artistic x 1Agree x 1Optimistic x 1Zing x 1Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #8

June 2012
    52 Posts
    Will it be possible to port this since its a mod?

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    July 2012
    3,858 Posts
    And that's why you're getting boxed. It's not "Freeman goes back to black mesa". It's the original Half-Life story. With truly refreshed graphics and gameplay.

".The military has taken over once Privately Owned/Operated Research Facility...but when the military becomes involved they ruin all the fun...period. " - what the fuck?

Black Mesa is gov't owned, and once shit hits the fan, their idea of containment is to kill everyone associated with the project. Sounds like something that would happen today if suddenly someone brought fucking aliens over, now doesn't it?

also:

wot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    1,639 Posts
    Yes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    17 Posts
    Looks like a awesome game!

12. Post #12
    super hl2rp script
    January 2010
    2,849 Posts
    Looks like a awesome game!
    It is awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    December 2011
    458 Posts
    You should be able to mount mods like in Synergy.

http://media.moddb.com/images/articl...nergy_game.jpg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    13,050 Posts
    You can already mount it manually.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15

June 2012
    52 Posts
    is it legal to mount it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    January 2012
    786 Posts
    is it legal to mount it?
    not like it would matter, its not gonna be illegal to put content from 1 mod to another. its not like you have to pay for bms and you uploading it to public so yes it is
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    December 2011
    458 Posts
    snip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

18. Post #18

June 2012
    52 Posts
    not like it would matter, its not gonna be illegal to put content from 1 mod to another. its not like you have to pay for bms and you uploading it to public so yes it is
    yeahhhhnoooooo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

19. Post #19
    8==== ===== ===== ===== ===D
    Dennab
    April 2008
    4,831 Posts

have you ever played half-life at all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,842 Posts
    were you born dropped on the head
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    February 2010
    225 Posts

He's not going back, its a REMAKE, also if you knew the Half-life lore you would know it would be impossible to go back to Black Mesa
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

22. Post #22
    July 2011
    2,355 Posts
    is it legal to mount it?
    No, and even if it was who gives a shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    February 2010
    225 Posts
    No, and even if it was who gives a shit
    I believe it would be if the creators of BMS consent to Garry adding mountability
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    I'll RUB MY TALENT OUT ALL OVER YOU
    November 2011
    4,659 Posts
    Heres a idea!
    Wait for it to be mountable!

25. Post #25
    February 2010
    225 Posts
    Heres a idea!Wait for it to be mountable!
    it won't be mountable until 2 things happen
    1. BMS is on steam (currently in the pipeline)
    2. Garry gets permission to mount it from BMS staff

26. Post #26
    I'll RUB MY TALENT OUT ALL OVER YOU
    November 2011
    4,659 Posts
    it won't be mountable until 2 things happen
    1. BMS is on steam (currently in the pipeline)
    2. Garry gets permission to mount it from BMS staff
    I'd rather have a stable working version of the models, with a spawnlist than a jumbled mess in my Garry's Mod Folder. It'll be mountable, just like Zombie Panic Source. Just be patient and wait for Final Release. I see no reason why the BMS staff wouldn't allow Garry such permission. It'll come eventually. Good things come to those that wait.

It'll be interesting to see if they can make Xen NOT suck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27

June 2012
    52 Posts
    I think adding it would be useful for comics and rpg's

28. Post #28
    February 2010
    225 Posts
    I think adding it would be useful for comics and rpg's
    it won't happen until after Black Mesa is released on steam and Garry gets the approval to allow mounting
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)