1. Post #1

November 2012
    8 Posts
    Alright i already have a program that lets you convert .gma files from the workshop to file/folders. Now i want to convert the modified version of the addon to .gma.

Is there anything out there that can do that? please help :C
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #2
    March 2011
    11 Posts
    Alright i already have a program that lets you convert .gma files from the workshop to file/folders. Now i want to convert the modified version of the addon to .gma.

Is there anything out there that can do that? please help :C
    Mmmm i can't rly help but i do wonder, what software do you use to conver gma to file/folders?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events

3. Post #3

November 2012
    8 Posts

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    778 Posts
    You can extract them but I think the only way to package them is to upload to workshop... otherwise install as a legacy addon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5

November 2012
    8 Posts
    You can extract them but I think the only way to package them is to upload to workshop... otherwise install as a legacy addon.
    how do i install it as a legacy addon?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    October 2007
    5 Posts
    I think it has something to do with renaming the "info.txt" to "addon.txt", but it's been kinda hit and miss with me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #7

November 2012
    8 Posts
    I think it has something to do with renaming the "info.txt" to "addon.txt", but it's been kinda hit and miss with me.
    man if that were the case i would've been all over that. :L

8. Post #8
    WINNER OF STEVE HARVEY'S NICEST PERSON OF THE YEAR AWARD 2013
    March 2012
    965 Posts
    Just upload it to workshop and set it to private that way you can dl it straight from the workshop and if you are trying to update something you have a nice easy way
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    June 2009
    102 Posts
    There really needs to be an offline packer for .gma, since the Workshopper has so many restrictions (whitelist of file extensions, < 50mb, must have legal authorization, cannot be GPL, must both upload and download the whole addon to just get a local copy)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6Useful Useful x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    778 Posts
    I don't think you can mount a .gma without being subscribed to it on the workshop anyway

11. Post #11
    Two wrongs don't make a right.
    March 2010
    465 Posts
    Have you tried? I think it'd work, all the workshop does is add the .gma to the addon folder.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    778 Posts
    Have you tried? I think it'd work, all the workshop does is add the .gma to the addon folder.
    If you disable or unsubscribe from a workshop addon, the .gma file remains in addons. You have to be subscribed.

13. Post #13
    Two wrongs don't make a right.
    March 2010
    465 Posts
    Oh, well I guess that would have to be a feature added then, to allow "Unsubscribed" .gma files to be mounted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    July 2011
    737 Posts
    I don't know about you, but renaming "info.txt" to "addon.txt" did the trick for me... Just saying.

Sure, spawnlists won't work, but the files are there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    May 2011
    262 Posts
    Just use legacy format, it is much easier to be edited and there is no need to format it or upload. If you were wanting to put it back into .gma, it would be pointless. That would not do you anything special unless you were releasing it or want to keep it up to date on a server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    JamieH is a retarded bitch <3
    July 2008
    2,197 Posts
    Just use legacy format, it is much easier to be edited and there is no need to format it or upload. If you were wanting to put it back into .gma, it would be pointless. That would not do you anything special unless you were releasing it or want to keep it up to date on a server.
    I'd heard it was more efficient somehow, not sure in what regards though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    848 Posts
    The Legacy format doesnt work for everyone. I've tried it on a few of my old model addons and it hasn't worked for any of them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18

January 2012
    2 Posts
    How do i use it? it won't start when i select a folder
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)