1. Post #41
    Heisenberg
    March 2005
    4,320 Posts
    Items still seem to beable to be equipped while dead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

2. Post #42

November 2012
    40 Posts
    So I added it to my server, extracted with gmad and now I have the files on my desktop. I want to change it so that only superadmin can give out points and I want to add the timer like thing that the other person mentioned. So once I change them in the config files where do I add the files to. (and should I delete the ds_110131096.gma from my addons folder?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #43

January 2012
    34 Posts
    Please make hook for deathrun in win round
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #44

November 2012
    29 Posts
    maybe an idea to change the items ingame?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

5. Post #45
    CoderHire
    November 2007
    1,466 Posts
    Where's timer.Destroy? What you gonna do when the player leaves and it spams errors.
    Fixed.

Edited:

Where do i put this?
    Either subscribe to it in the workshop or extract it.

Items still seem to beable to be equipped while dead.
    I haven't said I've fixed this.

So I added it to my server, extracted with gmad and now I have the files on my desktop. I want to change it so that only superadmin can give out points and I want to add the timer like thing that the other person mentioned. So once I change them in the config files where do I add the files to. (and should I delete the ds_110131096.gma from my addons folder?
    Upload the pointshop folder to the addons folder, and make a text file in the pointshop folder called addon.txt

Please make hook for deathrun in win round
    This has nothing to do with PointShop.

maybe an idea to change the items ingame?
    I doubt this will happen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    January 2012
    118 Posts
    Bug; Trails still work/show on death.

---Edit

You may call me dumb, but im useing the workshop version and its still happening...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    Heisenberg
    March 2005
    4,320 Posts
    I haven't said I've fixed this.
    Right, think I've fixed the problems. I've tested on a dedi server too and it all seems ok. Updated workshop.
    Sorry ;p Just thought when you said thought that meant you had fixed it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

8. Post #48
    Dennab
    August 2005
    61 Posts
    I have 2 quick questions.

If i copy the give 5 points over time and make it into a lua file where should i place that lua file for it to work?

and if i want to add custom skins to the skin section where should i put the skin model, (at the minute i just changed the kleiner name to alyx and it made an alyx skin available)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #49
    November 2012
    175 Posts
    I have 2 quick questions.

If i copy the give 5 points over time and make it into a lua file where should i place that lua file for it to work?

and if i want to add custom skins to the skin section where should i put the skin model, (at the minute i just changed the kleiner name to alyx and it made an alyx skin available)
    You need the model downloaded and in your models folder then just add a new file in the "playermodels" folder like this

ITEM.Name = 'Alyx '
    ITEM.Price = 250
    ITEM.Model = 'models/player/Alyx.mdl'

function ITEM:OnEquip(ply, modifications)
    if not ply._OldModel then
    ply._OldModel = ply:GetModel()
    end

timer.Simple(1, function() ply:SetModel(self.Model) end)
    end

function ITEM:OnHolster(ply)
    if ply._OldModel then
    ply:SetModel(ply._OldModel)
    end
    end

10. Post #50
    Dennab
    August 2005
    61 Posts
    You need the model downloaded and in your models folder then just add a new file in the "playermodels" folder like this
    Is this garrysmod/models/player ?

Edited:

Also when people change model in my server i get this error,

[ERROR] addons/pointshop/lua/cl_pointshop.lua:104: bad argument #1 to 'GetBonePosition' (number expected, got no value)
    1. GetBonePosition - [C]:-1
    2. fn - addons/pointshop/lua/cl_pointshop.lua:104
    3. unknown - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:168

It also kicks people.

and i fixed the points over time, apparently the autorun folder is the one :D

11. Post #51
    CoderHire
    November 2007
    1,466 Posts

Also when people change model in my server i get this error,

[ERROR] addons/pointshop/lua/cl_pointshop.lua:104: bad argument #1 to 'GetBonePosition' (number expected, got no value)
    1. GetBonePosition - [C]:-1
    2. fn - addons/pointshop/lua/cl_pointshop.lua:104
    3. unknown - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:168
    Looks like you're using a playermodel that doesn't have the bone an item (like a hat or something) is trying to use. I'll add a check for this for some point, but it'll mean that the item wont be drawn on the player whilst they're using that playermodel.

12. Post #52

April 2011
    38 Posts
    The shop is great. Only issue I'm having is equipping the trail or a player model. Each round you have to re-equip it each time which means its not saving. So if you can look into getting a fix for this I'm sure it would make everyone more grateful for your awesome work.

Thanks

13. Post #53
    Dennab
    August 2005
    61 Posts
    Looks like you're using a playermodel that doesn't have the bone an item (like a hat or something) is trying to use. I'll add a check for this for some point, but it'll mean that the item wont be drawn on the player whilst they're using that playermodel.
    I use Breen as the default model on my server, and the only item i was using was the Spotlight head, and this happens. Just for your info if it helps when fixing, this didnt happen with goldenforge but the only difference was that yours has the spotlight head, ill try using a different head

[ERROR] addons/pointshop/lua/cl_pointshop.lua:62: attempt to call method 'PS_AddClientsideModel' (a nil value)
    1. func - addons/pointshop/lua/cl_pointshop.lua:62
    2. unknown - lua/includes/modules/net.lua:31

[ERROR] addons/pointshop/lua/cl_pointshop.lua:62: attempt to call method 'PS_AddClientsideModel' (a nil value)

1. func - addons/pointshop/lua/cl_pointshop.lua:6

14. Post #54

October 2012
    110 Posts
    When the map changes, everything you brought dissapears?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

15. Post #55
    If you're a cop you're gonna get popped
    September 2012
    146 Posts
    First off i want to say that you did a great job with this one Undefined. Your last point shop was great too, but this one has been improved immensely. I would like to know if you know how to make it to where (In Deathrun) players get a certain amount of points after there team wins a round?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    CoderHire
    November 2007
    1,466 Posts
    I have a few thoughts on how to fix being able to equip items when dead and not being equipped again when you respawn. I won't have chance until the weekend to do it though.

First off i want to say that you did a great job with this one Undefined. Your last point shop was great too, but this one has been improved immensely. I would like to know if you know how to make it to where (In Deathrun) players get a certain amount of points after there team wins a round?
    Link me to your deathrun gamemode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    October 2012
    6 Posts
    Can you use this addon with custom models packed into the server's current map BSP?

As in, instead of forcing the download of models into every players' hard drive, and leaving them out in the open in the /models directory (easily open to theft), I could just pack all the custom models into the maps themselves and load them from there in Pointshop? Does that work?

Thanks in advance

18. Post #58

January 2012
    34 Posts
    Why i'am can't equip hat on TTT? Hat's is don't show, and have bug with trails.
    Trails works on spectate
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

19. Post #59
    CoderHire
    November 2007
    1,466 Posts
    I've just pushed an update to Workshop which should fix the TTT problems. All your items are holstered when you die or go into spectate mode (on TTT) and are equipped again when you spawn. There have been no changes to items, just the core files.

20. Post #60
    November 2012
    175 Posts
    I've just pushed an update to Workshop which should fix the TTT problems. All your items are holstered when you die or go into spectate mode (on TTT) and are equipped again when you spawn. There have been no changes to items, just the core files.
    Good, At the start of the round it doesn't re-equip

21. Post #61
    If you're a cop you're gonna get popped
    September 2012
    146 Posts
    I have a few thoughts on how to fix being able to equip items when dead and not being equipped again when you respawn. I won't have chance until the weekend to do it though.

Link me to your deathrun gamemode.
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=132438

22. Post #62
    Dennab
    August 2005
    61 Posts
    Is there a way to make it so only superadmin can give set and takeaway points? and not admins.

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    1,741 Posts
    Is there a way to make it so only superadmin can give set and takeaway points? and not admins.
    Read the other comments.
    Yes, change where it checks ply:IsAdmin() to ply:IsSuperAdmin()
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #64

January 2012
    34 Posts
    Thank You Undefined
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

25. Post #65
    August 2010
    27 Posts
    when i open the admin tab on the point shop on my server the other people's points/items dont update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

26. Post #66
    CoderHire
    November 2007
    1,466 Posts
    when i open the admin tab on the point shop on my server the other people's points/items dont update.
    Does anyone else get this?

Edited:

The code is horrible and doesn't use gamemode functions for when a round ends, so no, I can't do anything with this.

27. Post #67
    Dennab
    August 2005
    61 Posts
    I get this but it fixes its self when my points over time tick over

28. Post #68
    Horrible Username Connoisseur
    September 2009
    942 Posts
    Suddenly, none of the options in the menu are working. All I did was add a few items and add some code to the gamemode to give points. I get no errors. Anyone else have this problem?

29. Post #69
    CoderHire
    November 2007
    1,466 Posts
    If the tabs aren't appearing then one of your items is broken.

30. Post #70
    September 2009
    942 Posts
    If the tabs aren't appearing then one of your items is broken.
    I fixed that, but now, randomly, everyone will get access to the admin tab.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    CoderHire
    November 2007
    1,466 Posts
    If your admin mod returns true for IsAdmin() then they can see the tab. Not my problem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #72
    January 2012
    264 Posts
    For some reason I can't purchase the custom models I added, I can only purchase the kleiner model, the rest dont do anything when I click buy, and the code is nearly the same as klieners with the slight changes.

33. Post #73
    CoderHire
    November 2007
    1,466 Posts
    For some reason I can't purchase the custom models I added, I can only purchase the kleiner model, the rest dont do anything when I click buy, and the code is nearly the same as klieners with the slight changes.
    Post the code!

34. Post #74
    September 2009
    942 Posts
    If your admin mod returns true for IsAdmin() then they can see the tab. Not my problem.

It was Evolve causing the problems. I just switched admin mods and it works flawlessly now.

Great addon. Thanks

35. Post #75
    August 2010
    27 Posts
    Would there be a way to add text above someones head using the point shop like the hats tab?

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    409 Posts
    It was Evolve causing the problems. I just switched admin mods and it works flawlessly now.

Great addon. Thanks
    It's because evolve uses EV_IsAdmin(). Change it to that if you want to switch back to evolve at some time :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events

37. Post #77
    August 2010
    27 Posts
    The trails do not unequippe for me and for some reason they dont change color anymore after i sell them and buy them back

38. Post #78
    January 2012
    264 Posts
    Oh crap my bad, I was tired and didnt think of it.

Code:
    ITEM.Name = 'BF3 Engineer'
    ITEM.Price = 750
    ITEM.Model = 'models/Steinman/BF3/ruskie_engie.mdl'

function ITEM:OnEquip(ply, modifications)
    	if not ply._OldModel then
    		ply._OldModel = ply:GetModel()
    	end

timer.Simple(1, function() ply:SetModel(self.Model) end)
    end

function ITEM:OnHolster(ply)
    	if ply._OldModel then
    		ply:SetModel(ply._OldModel)
    	end
    end

39. Post #79
    July 2010
    31 Posts
    Thanks a lot. Possible you'll make a mysql version?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

40. Post #80
    December 2010
    59 Posts
    Yeah MySQL support would be greatly appreciated, although the addon is great so far!