1. Post #1
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,691 Posts
    http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=9661

Though we think we’ve done a good job rewarding community contributors who make cosmetics and weapons, we could definitely do more for TF’s diligent, underappreciated map makers. With that in mind, we’re trying two new approaches to the problem.

Map Stamp Improvements

After taunting in a community map that you’ve contributed to, you now leave behind a trail of large stamps. The more you contribute, the longer the trail!

We’re now also tracking hours played in each map. In the “Maps” section of the in-game Mann Co. Store, you can see how many hours you’ve played each community map and how many times you’ve contributed to it. Plus, occasionally, on check out, you’ll be gently reminded that it might be nice to add a stamp to your cart for a map that you’ve played frequently but haven’t contributed much to. After you’ve seen this reminder once, you can have it show other map stamp suggestions by checking the “Support Community Map Mapers” box near the “check out” button.

Map-Specific Strange Filters

Sold in the store, these new filters let you set your strange weapons to only track events on specific community maps. For instance, if you only care about kills on “Yukon”, you can change the filter on your shotgun to just capture that. When filtering stats for a weapon, you’ll also get a custom rank modifier. So, in the aforementioned “Yukon” example, you’d now have a “Strange Canadian Shotgun”. The goal is to give players who really like specific community maps a way to both track their stats on those maps and broadcast their interest even when they’re playing on other levels.

Note that in both cases, 100% of the revenue (minus net taxes) goes to the contributor, so let’s get out there and support our map makers!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 France Show Events Winner Winner x 13Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    I'LL SUCK DICK FOR SELF-MADES
    July 2011
    10,102 Posts
    I want a "Strange Canadian Frontier Justice"

Edited:

or a "Hale's Own Psychedelic Overdose"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2Late Late x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    October 2010
    1,379 Posts
    100% of the revenue from the strange filters goes to the map creators. That's really nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,254 Posts
    Nifty, hope to see more community map as well in the future.
    Some real gems out there.

5. Post #5
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    October 2008
    14,553 Posts
    “Strange Canadian Shotgun”.
    CanadianBill's going to have a field day with that one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,781 Posts
    I want a list of how strange map weapons are named.
    I mean weapons other than Yukon ones won't just be "Strange Turbine Shotgun", right?

7. Post #7
    Dennab
    September 2012
    772 Posts
    I want a "Strange Canadian Frontier Justice"

Edited:

or a "Hale's Own Psychedelic Overdose"
    Or a "Legendary Spooky Unarmed combat"

8. Post #8
    The Great Thief and defense attorney's assistant's assistant
    January 2012
    3,195 Posts
    I want a list of how strange map weapons are named.
    I mean weapons other than Yukon ones won't just be "Strange Turbine Shotgun", right?
    http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Strange_Filter

There you go.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    4,973 Posts
    Awesome, at least the map makers get more revenue now.

10. Post #10
    Eh?
    May 2007
    2,288 Posts
    “Strange Canadian Shotgun”
    Ha! Simple enough!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 12Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

11. Post #11
    November 2012
    282 Posts
    Australian Canadian Rocket Launcher? Sounds good to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,363 Posts
    As a mapmaker, albeit a terrible one, I like this update.

Also:
    Australian Egyptian Scotsman's Skullcutter.
    Unremarkable Covert Conniver's Kunai
    Totally Ordinary Sophisticated Ambassador
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    927 Posts
    The stamp trail could tactically screw you over. Wouldn't it make it easier for you to be tracked?

14. Post #14
    February 2011
    2,113 Posts
    The stamp trail could tactically screw you over. Wouldn't it make it easier for you to be tracked?
    You only get it after you taunt, so if you're super-pro-serious and care about not being tracked you probably wouldn't be taunting people anyway

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,730 Posts
    We’re now also tracking hours played in each map. In the “Maps” section of the in-game Mann Co. Store, you can see how many hours you’ve played each community map and how many times you’ve contributed to it.
    I can't find this...

Also does anyone else have any images of Map Strange items?

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    3,413 Posts
    I can't find this...

Also does anyone else have any images of Map Strange items?
    Might it be something like this?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/LindaTh...opus/stats/TF2 (scroll down a bit)
    http://steamcommunity.com/stats/TF2/leaderboards/30387/
    That is atleast some of the only things that I can think of.

Edit,
    alas, now that I actually read it correctly this is a bit moot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    4,973 Posts
    -snip-

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    4,719 Posts
    we need more community mvm maps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #19
    June 2010
    4,438 Posts
    strange frosty flame thrower. uhhh

i was hoping you'd be able to stack the strange filters on one weapon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    15,953 Posts
    I really wish there was one for Nucleus

but then again, that's not a community map

21. Post #21
    EGG CUP
    May 2011
    2,860 Posts
    Quick question, I haven't tested it yet- does a harvest filter apply on normal and event harvest?

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    4,719 Posts
    there's a filter for mann mannor and one for mountainlab, so i'd asume that both are considered different maps altogether.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,150 Posts

Sorry for delay, were away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    March 2010
    177 Posts
    One thing I'm bummed about is that I put it on my kill counter so I wouldn't have to reset the thousands of kills I have on my Scattergun, but you don't get the name on your weapon unless its the regular kills.

Little bummed about that but otherwise nice idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25

January 2013
    2 Posts
    Want to earn a lot of scrap/keys in a few days, buy this ebook:
    "become that rich bitch in tf2" my friend wrote it and I also tried it, got 2 keys in just 1 day :D
    to get it:
    pay 5 euros on paypal on this link:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=FZ9V9ZX6KHGTY

then mail me at jurgie98@live.nl
    I can tell you it is legit, and quite cheap, too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Funny Funny x 2 (list)