1. Post #1
    LIVE XXX TF2 ITEMS
    November 2011
    1,913 Posts

VISIT THE UPDATE WEBSITE FOR DETAILS

This is the collaboration thread for our new community update 'TF2's Robotic Boogaloo'. Ran by myself and NeoDement, we aim to create and collect together as many robotised hats as possible, then present them all together in a sexy community update website. Including a full comic explaining the story behind the event, and an SFM short to tease people.

We would also like to announce we're working with TF2maps.net and their MvM mapping contest, to create a special MvM mission, using some of the hats made for the update!

This thread should be used to post questions, concepts, model and texture progress and to give constructive criticism on people work. Everyone is welcome to participate, but you need to ask the permission of an items original creator if you decide to re-make a community item. I will try and catalogue all unused concepts in this OP.

The deadline is 10th jan. Please submit all items to the email address by that time. Items may be submitted late, but are in danger of not being included. DO NOT UPLOAD TO THE WORKSHOP UNTIL THE UPDATE IS LIVE. The update will be release live on KritzKast a couple of weeks after the submission deadline 10th Jan. Everyone that submits items to the email address will receive an email when the update goes live, letting you know you can now upload to workshop, with some information you need to paste into their workshop item description (links to the website etc).

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

- These guidelines assume you have already completely finished and compiled your item. If this is not the case, click here for help.

- You should email your items as ZIPS as attachments to tf2electricboogaloo@gmail.com - All items should be submitted by 10th Jan 2013

- Item archives should only include the folders Models and Materials, both following the directory structure used by the game.

- The subject of your email should include your username, the name of the item youíre replacing, and the name of your new item. Something like NeoDement_BuccaneersBicorne_BoltedBicorne will do fine.

- No items should be uploaded to the workshop until the update goes live, a couple of weeks after the deadline (10th Jan).
    An email will be sent to all submitting artists to notify them of this.

- When submitting to the workshop, the original author of the item must be the one to upload it. If you are re-making a Valve hat, the new modeller should upload.

STYLE GUIDELINES

- Donít remake any community-contributed hats without getting the original authors permission. You may remake any Valve-made item or items that you created yourself.

- Items should follow either the style guidelines of the original merc robots made by Valve or the MVM loot hats, think lots of metal and intense battle damage.

- Donít submit anything that doesnít follow the above guideline, for example weíre not really looking for a jaw of flesh and bone as a parody of the already very
    robotically styled Big Steel Jaw of Summer Fun.

- Try and make sure your hat fits on both the regular class' head, and the robot version of the class' head. If it has to clip with one of the heads, make it clip with the Robot head. When dealing with body hugging miscs like the Fast learner, Either make one item that fits the robot class perfectly, or make two versions for human and robot.

THERE IS ALSO AN IMGUR GALLERY OF CONCEPTS HERE

For a comprehensive list of what's known to be finished/worked on/concepted, and who by GO HERE for a table style webpage with all the information you're likley to need!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner x 31Friendly x 1Zing x 1Optimistic x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    ill give you 2 earbills 4 title
    June 2011
    861 Posts
    Here i'll post the unclaimed concepts:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6Winner Winner x 4 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,229 Posts
    01000010 01100101 01100101 01110000 00100000 01000010 01101111 01101111 01110000 00100000 01101101 01100001 01100111 01100111 01100101 01110100 00001101 00001010
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny x 11Informative x 3Late x 1Agree x 1Dumb x 1Useful x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Transformers: Ponies in Bowties
    December 2011
    254 Posts
    Bite my shiny, metal hat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 6Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Dear leader of the DPRKFC
    December 2009
    14,368 Posts
    Excitement!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,896 Posts
    To launch off, here's a picture of my completed Robo-Hermes.

I've yet to come up with a 'robot name' for it, if anyone has any suggestions?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    3,074 Posts
    EXCITEMENT INDEED!

Once possible, I'll start working on something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

8. Post #8
    I'LL SUCK DICK FOR SELF-MADES
    July 2011
    10,071 Posts
    rust in peace flesh jaw
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Zing Zing x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    LIVE XXX TF2 ITEMS
    November 2011
    1,913 Posts
    rust in peace flesh jaw
    Finish it. I feel like adding it as a creepy Easter egg ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Dennab
    July 2012
    2,130 Posts
    I would like to ask what the guidelines are for sharing concepts

Do we need the permission of the original concept maker to share it?
    Do we just need to credit them?
    Do we only share them if they're up for grabs and not going to be modeled by anyone else?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #11
    LIVE XXX TF2 ITEMS
    November 2011
    1,913 Posts

Do we only share them if they're up for grabs and not going to be modeled by anyone else?
    Well, usual etiquette applies. If someone's posted a concept, and you make it, they should include them in the workshop %. Anything else would just be greedy/rude.

If someone posts a concept and say it's up for grabs, then it's usable. If they say they're making it, then it's not. just use common sense.

12. Post #12
    July 2011
    10,071 Posts
    Finish it. I feel like adding it as a creepy Easter egg ;)
    will there be drawings
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    656 Posts

Ask permission, and share only if they want I guess.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

14. Post #14
    Dennab
    July 2012
    2,130 Posts
    That's my job :(
    And the last time I did it, I got told off for not crediting people

Edited:

Well, usual etiquette applies. If someone's posted a concept, and you make it, they should include them in the workshop %. Anything else would just be greedy/rude.

If someone posts a concept and say it's up for grabs, then it's usable. If they say they're making it, then it's not. just use common sense.
    I meant sharing the concepts for others to use without getting dumbed and told off but thanks, cunty
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    December 2012
    701 Posts
    To launch off, here's a picture of my completed Robo-Hermes.

I've yet to come up with a 'robot name' for it, if anyone has any suggestions?
    Metallic Messenger.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    July 2011
    10,071 Posts
    facade concept is far from unclaimed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Dennab
    July 2012
    2,130 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    I sell Bot Doggers and Bot Dogger accessories
    November 2011
    1,084 Posts
    That new robo-forum smell

[SUP][SUP]edited:[/SUP][/SUP]

So the guidelines page had my roommate fooled for an official Valve page, so keep up the good work guys!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,896 Posts
    Also I need a call out to Jacen who made the Hermes so I can get his blessing, I've sent him an SF request but no response so far.

If anyone knows him or has him on their friends list could they notify him if possible? Many Friendlies will be rated.

20. Post #20
    June 2011
    861 Posts
    I just realised that, removed it now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    953 Posts
    Can anyone tell me who made the concept for the Beak? (not the original creators, just the robo concept one)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    656 Posts
    Infernal Orchestrina.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 7Winner Winner x 4 (list)

23. Post #23

May 2012
    158 Posts
    Can anyone tell me who made the concept for the Beak? (not the original creators, just the robo concept one)
    I think it was Pie_Tony but I'm not really sure
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    656 Posts
    Last time I checked the exe. cutioner and the tin opener are calmed as hell. also I think that scout hat was already made.
    Crown also has bin clamed by someone if I remember right.

25. Post #25
    Dennab
    July 2012
    2,130 Posts
    I think it was Pie_Tony but I'm not really sure
    Oh crap
    The one thing I didn't write down
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    656 Posts
    And I'd like to bring my post back up here.

I think the guidlines made for the robot update are a bit strange. First there is stated there needs to be asked for permission at the owner of the normal hat(which is ofcource logical) But than there is stated this person uploads the robot hat also, this makes it a lot more complicated. Black on white permission sould be enough I sould say. Also the original maker might not want any share on this bothat for instance, though he likes it and want it to be online. Why would this block the item from submission?

27. Post #27
    December 2012
    1,162 Posts
    Woo! These robo-hats are awsome! Keep up the good work!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    3,074 Posts
    The firefighter is also claimed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    Dennab
    July 2012
    2,130 Posts
    Last time I checked the exe. cutioner and the tin opener are calmed as hell. also I think that scout hat was already made.
    Crown also has bin clamed by someone if I remember right.
    Spark's doing the executioner and Tin Opener. I think the Newspaper hat is done, its marked as complete and paintable by Cuntsman, but I can't find it for the life of me

FudgieWudgie + Dongolator - Prince Tavish's Crown - Concept Only

Its down as concept only, and I haven't seen anybody say they were modelling it

The firefighter is also claimed.
    Ax3l/ZombiPlastiClok - Fireman Helmet - ZombiPlastiClok or Ax3l are modelling, concept by Cuntsman

I'm an idiot and wrote down both of you for some reason, who's modelling?

30. Post #30
    LIVE XXX TF2 ITEMS
    November 2011
    1,913 Posts
    Infernal Orchestrina.

Rain, are you automatically calming your concepts, or are you leaving them open to anyone?

Spark's doing the executioner and Tin Opener. I think the Newspaper hat is done, its marked as complete and paintable by Cuntsman, but I can't find it for the life of me

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 16Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Dennab
    July 2012
    2,130 Posts
    Rain's Snaggletooth is open for modelling as far as I'm concerned. He said he wants to try and improve the concept before he takes a stab at it.

Personally, I'd wait for Rain, even if the concept seems good enough

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    656 Posts
    Rain, are you automatically calming your concepts, or are you leaving them open to anyone?

I clame them but I'd like to see if anyone has input(or really want's to make it) thats why I post em.
    That snaggletooth is free to grab.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    3,074 Posts

Ax3l/ZombiPlastiClok - Fireman Helmet - ZombiPlastiClok or Ax3l are modelling, concept by Cuntsman

I'm an idiot and wrote down both of you for some reason, who's modelling?
    No idea. I dont even know who ZombiPlastiClok is. I suppose it will have to be either whose model is the nicest or who finishes first.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    656 Posts
    does anyone know if that twittwhoo is free to take?

35. Post #35
    July 2012
    414 Posts
    Who made the design for the update site? It looks great.

My progress:

Football Helmet - Completed
    Pickelhaube - Completed
    Tyrolean - Completed
    Max's Head - Completed

Medic's Mirror - Started working on the mesh, about 40% done
    Handyman's Handle - Got permission by the original creator
    Dr. Whoa - No progress so far, still need permission by the author, might not have time to finish this

The MvM map I had started in september: mvm_monastery
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Germany Show Events

36. Post #36
    LIVE XXX TF2 ITEMS
    November 2011
    1,913 Posts
    does anyone know if that twittwhoo is free to take?
    Well, it's ronins, so you'd need permission from him. I heard he was going to remake it, but he's never posted about it himself.

[/URL]
    Thanks! Neo designed the webpage, I modelled the logo.

37. Post #37
    June 2011
    861 Posts
    Well i am going to give the battery dalokohs bar a try.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    656 Posts

My progress:

Pickelhaube - Completed
    Tyrolean - Completed
    Max's Head - Completed

Dr. Whoa - No progress so far, still need permission by the author, might not have time to finish this

Would be really cool if the map get added to the update.

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    953 Posts
    I clame them but I'd like to see if anyone has input(or really want's to make it) thats why I post em.
    That snaggletooth is free to grab.
    Then you'd be okay if I took a shot at it tomorrow? (Agree/Disagree)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Dennab
    July 2012
    2,130 Posts

My progress:

Pickelhaube - Completed
    Tyrolean - Completed
    Max's Head - Completed

Maybe this time people will appreciate my idea...

Maybe we could show off the cosmetics / implement our own bots for shits and giggles with custom .pop files for Community MvM maps like these?

Edited:

Well, it's ronins, so you'd need permission from him. I heard he was going to remake it, but he's never posted about it himself.
    Ned and Psyke are working on it
    Or at least they better be
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)