VISIT THE UPDATE WEBSITE FOR DETAILS
This is the collaboration thread for our new community update 'TF2's Robotic Boogaloo'. Ran by myself and NeoDement, we aim to create and collect together as many robotised hats as possible, then present them all together in a sexy community update website. Including a full comic explaining the story behind the event, and an SFM short to tease people.
We would also like to announce we're working with TF2maps.net and their MvM mapping contest, to create a special MvM mission, using some of the hats made for the update!
This thread should be used to post questions, concepts, model and texture progress and to give constructive criticism on people work. Everyone is welcome to participate, but you need to ask the permission of an items original creator if you decide to re-make a community item. I will try and catalogue all unused concepts in this OP.
The deadline is 10th jan. Please submit all items to the email address by that time. Items may be submitted late, but are in danger of not being included. DO NOT UPLOAD TO THE WORKSHOP UNTIL THE UPDATE IS LIVE. The update will be release live on KritzKast a couple of weeks after the submission deadline 10th Jan. Everyone that submits items to the email address will receive an email when the update goes live, letting you know you can now upload to workshop, with some information you need to paste into their workshop item description (links to the website etc).
- These guidelines assume you have already completely finished and compiled your item. If this is not the case, click here for help.
- You should email your items as ZIPS as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org - All items should be submitted by 10th Jan 2013
- Item archives should only include the folders Models and Materials, both following the directory structure used by the game.
- The subject of your email should include your username, the name of the item youíre replacing, and the name of your new item. Something like NeoDement_BuccaneersBicorne_BoltedBicorne will do fine.
- No items should be uploaded to the workshop until the update goes live, a couple of weeks after the deadline (10th Jan).
An email will be sent to all submitting artists to notify them of this.
- When submitting to the workshop, the original author of the item must be the one to upload it. If you are re-making a Valve hat, the new modeller should upload.
- Donít remake any community-contributed hats without getting the original authors permission. You may remake any Valve-made item or items that you created yourself.
- Items should follow either the style guidelines of the original merc robots made by Valve or the MVM loot hats, think lots of metal and intense battle damage.
- Donít submit anything that doesnít follow the above guideline, for example weíre not really looking for a jaw of flesh and bone as a parody of the already very
robotically styled Big Steel Jaw of Summer Fun.
- Try and make sure your hat fits on both the regular class' head, and the robot version of the class' head. If it has to clip with one of the heads, make it clip with the Robot head. When dealing with body hugging miscs like the Fast learner, Either make one item that fits the robot class perfectly, or make two versions for human and robot.
THERE IS ALSO AN IMGUR GALLERY OF CONCEPTS HERE
For a comprehensive list of what's known to be finished/worked on/concepted, and who by GO HERE for a table style webpage with all the information you're likley to need!