1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    279 Posts
    I don't know. I'm pretty pissed off right now but i'll do my best to get this sorted out. I spent two weeks making that map, it's getting on the workshop one way or another.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

2. Post #42
    July 2008
    822 Posts
    I've setup a temporary mirror for those still needing the map.
    -Link Removed-

Hopefully this can be resolved soon and it goes back up on workshop.

Edited:
    The map is back up on workshop.

3. Post #43
    February 2012
    40 Posts
    I don't know. I'm pretty pissed off right now but i'll do my best to get this sorted out. I spent two weeks making that map, it's getting on the workshop one way or another.
    What's the other way if you don't mind me asking ;DDDDDD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13 (list)

4. Post #44
    July 2008
    822 Posts
    The map is back up on workshop, use the links in the op.

5. Post #45
    February 2012
    40 Posts
    Okay I think I tried EVERYTHING, my outcome is this..

http://imgur.com/u4NYx

Can anyone, HELP... when I say HELP like tell me how to make it work not link me to stupid information.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    447 Posts

Can anyone, HELP... when I say HELP like tell me how to make it work not link me to stupid information.
    Yeah, same thing happens to me.

7. Post #47
    February 2012
    40 Posts
    + also people have to RE-DOWNLOAD everything, everytime they reconnect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

8. Post #48
    July 2008
    822 Posts

I subscribed to both the cinema gamemode and the cinema_theatron map on a clean install of Garry's Mod and I'm having no issues. I'd recommend backing up your steamapps/username/garrysmod/ folder and starting fresh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    February 2012
    40 Posts
    so if I would add the github gamemode on my server and the map files and map on a fresh server you say it would work?

I wont use workshop I will use the files, like download workshop files, decompile upload those.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

10. Post #50
    I'm the only black guy on The Internet huh?
    March 2012
    941 Posts
    so if I would add the github gamemode on my server and the map files and map on a fresh server you say it would work?

I wont use workshop I will use the files, like download workshop files, decompile upload those.
    Just use the workshop addon, it ends up going so much smoother and cleaner.

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    909 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2010
    5,070 Posts
    This is pretty awesome

Has anyone made additional maps?
    This has only been out for a couple of days. I think it'd take much longer to make a map for this.

13. Post #53
    March 2010
    5 Posts
    Might want to update the map workshop link on youtube.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    Can we make the public theaters a bit more darker, the lights are abnormally bright for a cinema.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    332 Posts
    Best thing ever 2013.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

16. Post #56

January 2012
    34 Posts
    How to make playing music on cinema?
    There would still spawnmenu and popcorn...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    February 2012
    40 Posts
    Just use the workshop addon, it ends up going so much smoother and cleaner.
    You don't get it, it doesn't work the workshop code doesn't work!

I don't home host it or locally host it, it's not hosted through the garrysmod 13 smooth easy, noob friendly host.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    September 2010
    498 Posts
    should make a better map for this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #59

March 2012
    10 Posts
    I would like to give a 'hat's off' to the devs as this is very polished, and it also has a humorous promotion video.
    I am having a problem with getting it to host on my dedicated.
    One of the two files, I think it is the map (I cannot look it up at this time.) has been mounted to my server through the workshop.vdf, however, on start up my server gets to about 80% and then replies with message 'fail!' Is this due to the max file size on workshop mounts? Or an internal problem with my server. Any replies are appreciated.
    Thank you for your time.

20. Post #60
    February 2012
    40 Posts
    Found the problem,

Source: http://wiki.garrysmod.com/page/Server/Workshop

At the end it says

There's a bug where the system can't download files over 64MB, Garry is aware and trying to fix it.

The Cinema Theatron Addon does not consist just of the map it consists of more shit such as materials, models and sounds, the total size of the addon is 108 MB (113,912,717 bytes)

I would recommend putting the materials/models/sound on to the gamemode so they are split up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    Look at you, hacker. A pathetic creature of meat and bone. Panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect immortal machine?
    August 2011
    4,645 Posts
    Just had a quick play about about with this and it's fantastic. You've taken all the old concepts of the old cinema Gamemode and yet made it your own not some shoddy clone. Thanks for open sourcing it by the way, it gives this gamemode a good future should you not want to develop it in the future.

22. Post #62
    February 2012
    40 Posts
    I would like to give a 'hat's off' to the devs as this is very polished, and it also has a humorous promotion video.
    I am having a problem with getting it to host on my dedicated.
    One of the two files, I think it is the map (I cannot look it up at this time.) has been mounted to my server through the workshop.vdf, however, on start up my server gets to about 80% and then replies with message 'fail!' Is this due to the max file size on workshop mounts? Or an internal problem with my server. Any replies are appreciated.
    Thank you for your time.
    People on facepunch don't seem to care less about issues, they like to whine first and rage, then troll some and rate 'Dumb' most of the time,
    they don't know shit about the situation and what's happening, even if you explain in depth they will link you to other posts that are meaningless or to dumb information sites
    that most of the time have nothing in common with what you wrote or what you are asking, it is even being suggested that it is a garrys mod bug, that the 2nd part is not uploading.

(User was permabanned for this post ("Doesn't want to be here." - Craptasket))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Late Late x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    279 Posts
    People on facepunch don't seem to care less about issues, they like to whine first and rage, then troll some and rate 'Dumb' most of the time,
    they don't know shit about the situation and what's happening, even if you explain in depth they will link you to other posts that are meaningless or to dumb information sites
    that most of the time have nothing in common with what you wrote or what you are asking, it is even being suggested that it is a garrys mod bug, that the 2nd part is not uploading.
    What are you even talking about?

Look the Cinema_theatron addon contains only materials needed to play the map. Not the cinema gamemode. It's not intended strictly for use in the cinema gamemode, anyone else can use it so I made it gamemode independent. Because it has a lot of assets that I made. For the map. Not the gamemode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    11,704 Posts
    This isn't relevant to your problem. Drop the flaming and maybe people will actually help you. You came into this thread spewing random unnecessary hate, which doesn't even relate to anyone posting in here.

25. Post #65
    February 2012
    40 Posts
    What are you even talking about?

Look the Cinema_theatron addon contains only materials needed to play the map. Not the cinema gamemode. It's not intended strictly for use in the cinema gamemode, anyone else can use it so I made it gamemode independent. Because it has a lot of assets that I made. For the map. Not the gamemode.
    You wanna add me on steam because il show lots of shit and posting here will just receive hatred and stupid responses? for example how the file is over 100mb?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    279 Posts
    You wanna add me on steam because il show lots of shit and posting here will just receive hatred and stupid responses? for example how the file is over 100mb?
    Look i'm going to be straight with you here, you are getting on my nerves. Please stop posting every day complaining about... whatever it is you are complaining about. I've read all your posts, I have absolutely no idea what your issues are or what you are even talking about. They are hard to intuit what you mean or are even trying to do.

The file size of the workshop addon is not a primary issue. You and a few others are stating there is an issue, but only like .5% of players are affected by this. I do not care how large the workshop addon is. I will never care how large the workshop addon is. If garry said he's looking into it then great! It will be fixed eventually! Until then please calm the hell down.

Edit: Thanks craptasket. I'll pay you back with jb guns later.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    332 Posts
    So, me and some friends found a little secret.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-ms_i8buMY
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #68

January 2012
    34 Posts
    I know
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Informative Informative x 7 (list)

29. Post #69
    Heisenberg
    March 2005
    5,240 Posts
    Setup a server in this as soon as it was available. Is anyway to get it to support more things like BBC iplayer/itv player and putlocker and other stuff?

30. Post #70
    January 2012
    101 Posts
    Setup a server in this as soon as it was available. Is anyway to get it to support more things like BBC iplayer/itv player and putlocker and other stuff?
    I went into a Cinema server where they had a website with movies.

31. Post #71

September 2011
    64 Posts
    You should add option to ban central videochannels to view on theater.Because theres many fanboys trying to force their crappy "Let's plays,1337MLGNOSCOPE360,other crap videos"

32. Post #72
    July 2008
    822 Posts
    You should add option to ban central videochannels to view on theater.Because theres many fanboys trying to force their crappy "Let's plays,1337MLGNOSCOPE360,other crap videos"
    I figure that since the gamemode is available for download, and it's open source, people can add those specific requests themselves if needed. Also, if you're not satisfied with videos being played on one server, there's about 20 other servers up that you can join.

33. Post #73
    GameSwitchers - Game Servers
    May 2009
    2,174 Posts

Doesn't seem to be downloading the workshop addons correctly for me. Any suggestions?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

34. Post #74
    July 2010
    45 Posts
    This is amazing. Great for getting together with friends to watch movies and stuff.

Some suggestions though.
    If you do plan on advancing further with it, which I hope you do, please add a way for a private theater owner to kick players from the theater, seeing as players standing in front of you are really annoying and block what you watch, but hiding players also hides the people I WANT to see, e.g. my friends who are there with me. Another suggestion is a theater only chat, and a way to hide chat from other theater-goers and people not inside theaters.

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,477 Posts
    Some suggestions though.
    If you do plan on advancing further with it, which I hope you do, please add a way for a private theater owner to kick players from the theater, seeing as players standing in front of you are really annoying and block what you watch, but hiding players also hides the people I WANT to see, e.g. my friends who are there with me. Another suggestion is a theater only chat, and a way to hide chat from other theater-goers and people not inside theaters.
    ^ This. People are running and jumping in front of the Private Theater screens.

36. Post #76
    Hearts
    July 2007
    3,041 Posts
    I've seen a few cinema servers, but never actually tried any. I never realized pixelTail made the cinema gamemode. You guys are like gods where everything you touch turns into gold.

37. Post #77
    GameSwitchers - Game Servers
    May 2009
    2,174 Posts
    I've seen a few cinema servers, but never actually tried any. I never realized pixelTail made the cinema gamemode. You guys are like gods where everything you touch turns into gold.
    Indeed, they have the Midas Touch.

I fixed my previous error, downloaded the workshop addons from my server instead, fookin gmod wouldn't download them itself.

38. Post #78

January 2012
    35 Posts
    Erm, we've added this to the fastdl for our server but getting untextured images for the private lobby images, where do I post the background directory and put as the path?

39. Post #79
    Glod Menber
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,175 Posts
    Some of my players are complaining of not being able to hear sound on any of the videos. Any ideas?

40. Post #80

March 2008
    1,766 Posts
    The ampersand symbol shows up as "&" when requesting a video.