1. Post #121
    DefaultText.ini
    February 2011
    1,503 Posts
    How do I set the owner of a private theatre?

2. Post #122
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    1,215 Posts
    How do I set the owner of a private theatre?
    first in is set as owner

3. Post #123
    July 2008
    822 Posts
    first in is set as owner
    It's actually the first user to request a video.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #124
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    1,215 Posts
    Close enough
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #125
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    72 Posts
    Does anyone know what could be causing this issue and how I could fix it? The FastDL was synced and the downloads were done correctly via workshop.
    Had this problem on my server, there are two options to this problem.

1. You need to make them force download the materials and models. (Recomended)
    2. Get the player to subscribe to the Offical Map on workshop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #126

April 2012
    11 Posts
    Had this problem on my server, there are two options to this problem.

1. You need to make them force download the materials and models. (Recomended)
    2. Get the player to subscribe to the Offical Map on workshop.
    How do you force them? I currently am using a FastDL solution.

7. Post #127
    Glod Menber
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,175 Posts
    would it be possible to make it so that the voting system is disabled?

Edited:

seriously, people just submit and downvote anything else to advance their shitty video's place in the queue
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

8. Post #128
    DefaultText.ini
    February 2011
    1,503 Posts
    The chat in all theater rooms is shared. That should be changed.

9. Post #129
    July 2008
    822 Posts
    I'll attempt to implement the above suggestions this weekend. I've moved the cinema screen webpage to github. Load times should be slightly faster and I'm open to accepting pull requests to the repository.

If you'd like to create your own default Cinema screen webpage, copy the contents from here and change the value of the cinema_url convar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

10. Post #130

January 2013
    3 Posts
    samm5506 please help me i have error which video

the error is:Processing YouTube request...
    invalid request

help me !!

11. Post #131
    October 2008
    518 Posts
    It would most likely help if you added more information...

12. Post #132
    July 2008
    822 Posts
    samm5506 please help me i have error which video

the error is:Processing YouTube request...
    invalid request

help me !!
    Please post the URL which you used to request the video.

13. Post #133

January 2013
    3 Posts
    Please post the URL which you used to request the video.
    can you tall me how
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Qatar Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

14. Post #134
    Hearts
    July 2007
    3,042 Posts
    can you tall me how
    I believe that explains that issue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

15. Post #135

January 2013
    3 Posts
    samm5506 can you put your game on toornet

and give me link .. thank you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Qatar Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #136

March 2008
    1,752 Posts
    samm5506 can you put your game on toornet

and give me link .. thank you
    If you don't want the workshop addon or to install github, you can always download the zip from github.

https://github.com/pixeltailgames/ci...ive/master.zip

I don't see a point for a 4mb torrent.

17. Post #137

May 2010
    28 Posts
    this looks very cool is there anyway to get netflix to work on it ? that would be great

18. Post #138
    July 2008
    822 Posts
    this looks very cool is there anyway to get netflix to work on it ? that would be great
    Not easily, Netflix requires registered users as well as a fee. It wouldn't be ideal for the gamemode, let alone how much of a pain it would be to implement.

19. Post #139

May 2010
    28 Posts
    Not easily, Netflix requires registered users as well as a fee. It wouldn't be ideal for the gamemode, let alone how much of a pain it would be to implement.
    it would be great i personally dont know crap about scripting for this another site that would be cool though is justin.tv

20. Post #140
    July 2008
    822 Posts
    it would be great i personally dont know crap about scripting for this another site that would be cool though is justin.tv
    Twitch.TV is derived from Justin.tv, both are supported in Cinema.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #141

May 2010
    28 Posts
    Twitch.TV is derived from Justin.tv, both are supported in Cinema.
    i cant get justin.tv to work in it is there something inparticular im missing or need to do ?
    also were can i find help, faqs, on dedicated servers with this gamemode
    thanks

22. Post #142

March 2008
    1,752 Posts
    Code:
    [ERROR] ...des/cinema/gamemode/modules/scoreboard/cl_playerlist.lua:171: Tried to use a NULL entity!
      1. Name - [C]:-1
       2. UpdatePlayer - ...des/cinema/gamemode/modules/scoreboard/cl_playerlist.lua:171
        3. unknown - ...des/cinema/gamemode/modules/scoreboard/cl_playerlist.lua:110
    This error occurs when someone has scoreboard open and a player quits.

EDIT: There also seems to be an issue that occurs were players in other theaters see each other type in non global chat. I'm not entirely sure what causes it.

/dance causes your view to go slightly behind you character in third person once the animation is done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #143

October 2012
    21 Posts
    Just wanted to say thanks for this. Our bunch of goons are getting a ton of enjoyment out of it, and we appreciate the work you've put into it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #144
    Legit

January 2012
    106 Posts
    Thanks for this I added it to my server as an addon and gave you big credits
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

25. Post #145
    November 2012
    182 Posts
    Is there a way I can restrict people from entering the VIP area on theater_nexmultiplex_1m map?

Thanks in advance.

26. Post #146

January 2013
    1 Posts
    We're using flash (JWPlayer) to play a video hosted on our server, but we can't get it to be "requested" because the "Request URL" doesnt turn red. It loads in the browser, and if you press fullscreen it pops out of gmod. What can we do to get the video to play on the screen in game?

27. Post #147
    DefaultText.ini
    February 2011
    1,503 Posts
    A bump because something with the newest update seems to have broken this gamemode for me.

This for anyone else?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #148

March 2008
    1,752 Posts
    A bump because something with the newest update seems to have broken this gamemode for me.

This for anyone else?
    Fastdl for me is broken, completely killing off server population... But other then that as far as I know its working.

29. Post #149
    July 2008
    822 Posts

This for anyone else?
    You're going to need to be a little more descriptive than that.

30. Post #150
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    1,215 Posts
    Is there possibly a way to log into an account using the gamemode say for watching purchased youtube movies

31. Post #151

August 2012
    46 Posts
    Me and several of my friends are having issues watching videos, the video's work fine in the beginning, but then one by one it will stop working for people. It acts like it works, but it just says Loading or stays at the request a video screen. Once it stops working for you, rejoining or restarting GMod will not fix it. I -and my friends- have restarted Garry's Mod serveral times, cleared cache, and verified intergrity of Garry's Mod.

PLEASE fix this, I love the gamemode and this makes it so that I am unable to use it.

It stopped for one of the people, then about 10-15 minutes later it broke for another, and then 10-15 minutes later it broke for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #152

April 2009
    178 Posts
    Some could fixing the downloading from servers?

33. Post #153
    November 2012
    109 Posts
    The cinema gamemode doesn't work on OSX.

Also about the que system, is there a way to just disable voting for it all together since I see it get abused more often then not.

34. Post #154
    GMod Cruise Line
    January 2013
    185 Posts
    The cinema gamemode doesn't work on OSX.

Also about the que system, is there a way to just disable voting for it all together since I see it get abused more often then not.
    Commenting the right stuff out works... I disabled Downvoting doing that.

35. Post #155
    May 2011
    271 Posts
    Is there anyway to tear apart this gamemode to use it with other games, or am I not that lucky?
    If not, then I will reading a whole lot of code...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

36. Post #156
    GMod Cruise Line
    January 2013
    185 Posts
    Is there anyway to tear apart this gamemode to use it with other games, or am I not that lucky?
    If not, then I will reading a whole lot of code...
    If you're trying to find an easy way to integrate it with another gamemode, forget it. It's not nearly portable enough for that kinda idea. It is however, possible to do. It'll just take a long time because you will indeed have to "read a whole lot of code," as you put it.
    Good Luck though if that's what you're trying to do. :thumbsup:

37. Post #157
    Swiggity swag whats in the bag
    June 2011
    787 Posts
    I love this gamemode. Thanks for releasing it. So fun to play around in
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #158
    GMod Cruise Line
    January 2013
    185 Posts
    So, I'm making a Livestream.com Service Module for this Gamemode, and I'm a bit stuck. So I'm just going to leave this here in case any of you fine gentlemen would like to help me with it.
    http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1255785

39. Post #159
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    28,631 Posts
    Hey guys. Imagine using this when the Oculus Rift comes out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #160
    July 2008
    822 Posts
    So, I'm making a Livestream.com Service Module for this Gamemode, and I'm a bit stuck. So I'm just going to leave this here in case any of you fine gentlemen would like to help me with it.
    http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1255785
    I worked with WinterPhoenix and added Livestream support. Github and Workshop have been updated. A message has been placed on the video search page temporarily.