1. Post #161

March 2013
    6 Posts
    Hello,
    I seen some one mention using jwplayer here and we also tried using it but it's not best solution we have.
    If some one has good solution to this where they have implemented it whit extra-functions or just embed function working then i would be more then happy.

I think i have it figured and might be able to do it but if some one knows how to it would probably go faster.

2. Post #162
    March 2013
    3 Posts
    Hmm, decided to take a look into this gamemode and (manually) installed this on my server. However, whenever I try to request a video, it gets stuck in processing and produces an "unsuccessful" message after. Any idea what's going on here?

3. Post #163
    YukiTheater.org
    January 2013
    173 Posts
    Hmm, decided to take a look into this gamemode and (manually) installed this on my server. However, whenever I try to request a video, it gets stuck in processing and produces an "unsuccessful" message after. Any idea what's going on here?
    What video are you trying to Queue, and from what Service (YouTube, Viemo, etc)?

4. Post #164
    March 2013
    3 Posts
    What video are you trying to Queue, and from what Service (YouTube, Viemo, etc)?
    YouTube and Vimeo, both gave the same error. I know it's my server that's at fault, cause the mode works fine on Single. I'll try using it on a fresh install and see if there's anything I've screwed up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #165
    March 2013
    3 Posts
    Yep, a fresh install fixed it, good X3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #166

January 2012
    100 Posts
    player_shd.lua was changed so normal chat prints the room where the person is and that some how made this happen:

Code:
    [ERROR] gamemodes/cinema/gamemode/modules/legs/cl_init.lua:61: attempt to call method 'GetTranslatedModel' (a nil value)
      1. SetUp - gamemodes/cinema/gamemode/modules/legs/cl_init.lua:61
       2. fn - gamemodes/cinema/gamemode/modules/legs/cl_init.lua:223
        3. unknown - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:183
    Anyone know why? I'm sort of at a loss as to why printing the same thing as the scoreboard next to your name would break the rendering of one's legs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #167
    YukiTheater.org
    January 2013
    173 Posts
    player_shd.lua was changed so normal chat prints the room where the person is and that some how made this happen:

Code:
    [ERROR] gamemodes/cinema/gamemode/modules/legs/cl_init.lua:61: attempt to call method 'GetTranslatedModel' (a nil value)
      1. SetUp - gamemodes/cinema/gamemode/modules/legs/cl_init.lua:61
       2. fn - gamemodes/cinema/gamemode/modules/legs/cl_init.lua:223
        3. unknown - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:183
    Anyone know why? I'm sort of at a loss as to why printing the same thing as the scoreboard next to your name would break the rendering of one's legs.
    What exactly did you change? Like before and after Code Blocks, perhaps?

8. Post #168

January 2012
    100 Posts
    What exactly did you change? Like before and after Code Blocks, perhaps?
    All that happened was this block was added:

Code:
    	if ( bTeamOnly != true) then
    		table.insert( tab, Color( 123, 32, 29 ) )
    		table.insert ( tab, "(" .. player:GetLocationName() or "Unknown" .. ")" )
    	end
    Didn't edit any existing code, just added that block into the text processing bit.

Edit: Unrelated, but is there a possibility of adding support for Youtube streams and improving the Twitch streams a little (HD doesn't work, volume is locked to being low, etc)

9. Post #169
    YukiTheater.org
    January 2013
    173 Posts
    All that happened was this block was added:

Code:
    	if ( bTeamOnly != true) then
    		table.insert( tab, Color( 123, 32, 29 ) )
    		table.insert ( tab, "(" .. player:GetLocationName() or "Unknown" .. ")" )
    	end
    Didn't edit any existing code, just added that block into the text processing bit.

Edit: Unrelated, but is there a possibility of adding support for Youtube streams and improving the Twitch streams a little (HD doesn't work, volume is locked to being low, etc)
    In what file did you add that code, and where? Because if the script is returning a nil value somewhere, it effectively "breaks" the script. The Legs error isn't the root cause, it's the result of something else. Check to see if anything else is throwing back an error.

Edit:
    On that unrelated note, Sam may or may not be looking into YouTube Streams soon. As for the Twitch Streams, there's not really anything that can be done. That's just the result of less-than-perfect APIs.

10. Post #170
    November 2007
    55 Posts
    Is there a possible way you can make it so Admins can lock the queue in the public theaters, and then play a twitch.tv stream? I can play Twitch.tv in the private rooms as a stream but not the public. and im specifically talking about live ones. Saved ones seem to work no matter what.

11. Post #171
    YukiTheater.org
    January 2013
    173 Posts
    Is there a possible way you can make it so Admins can lock the queue in the public theaters, and then play a twitch.tv stream? I can play Twitch.tv in the private rooms as a stream but not the public. and im specifically talking about live ones. Saved ones seem to work no matter what.
    You'd have to just change what Type of Theater the Twitch.TV Service is allowed to be played in:

Comment out:
    In cinema/gamemode/modules/theater/services/sh_twitch.tv:
    SERVICE.TheaterType 	= THEATER_PRIVATE

And as for Locking the Public Theater Queue, you have a few options. You could just change what type of Theater it is from THEATER_REPLICATED (aka Theater:IsReplicated()), to THEATER_PRIVATE (aka Theater:IsPrivate()), or you could just comment out the check that determines if it's Private:
    In cinema/gamemode/modules/theater/sh_theater.lua:
    Under this function:
    function THEATER:RequestVideo( ply, url, force )

This:
    		if self:IsPrivate() then

Remember to comment out the END to that If-then statement, and check your Syntax.

12. Post #172
    November 2007
    55 Posts
    Well the live streams worked but for some reason I can't get the second step of locking it working right.

13. Post #173
    YukiTheater.org
    January 2013
    173 Posts
    Well the live streams worked but for some reason I can't get the second step of locking it working right.
    It wasn't coded that way in the first place, so there's probably checks along the line that see if the Theater is Private. I'd check what the Lock Button does (DoClick) and then hunt that down to see if there's any other checks that could be preventing it from working. So i'd start in cinema/gamemode/modules/scoreboard/cl_admin.lua if I were you.

14. Post #174
    November 2007
    55 Posts
    It wasn't coded that way in the first place, so there's probably checks along the line that see if the Theater is Private. I'd check what the Lock Button does (DoClick) and then hunt that down to see if there's any other checks that could be preventing it from working. So i'd start in cinema/gamemode/modules/scoreboard/cl_admin.lua if I were you.
    That worked, I duplicated -- Private theater options and on one of them replaced the if Theater and Theater:IsPrivate() then to if Theater and LocalPlayer():IsAdmin() then in private rooms its duplicated but thats not the end of the world to me.

15. Post #175
    YukiTheater.org
    January 2013
    173 Posts
    That worked, I duplicated -- Private theater options and on one of them replaced the if Theater and Theater:IsPrivate() then to if Theater and LocalPlayer():IsAdmin() then in private rooms its duplicated but thats not the end of the world to me.
    Ah good. Nice to know you got it.

16. Post #176

March 2013
    6 Posts
    Hello,
    I seen some one mention using jwplayer here and we also tried using it but it's not best solution we have.
    If some one has good solution to this where they have implemented it whit extra-functions or just embed function working then i would be more then happy.

I think i have it figured and might be able to do it but if some one knows how to it would probably go faster.
    Hmm, I can't see to get it to properly embed, If some one could point me in the right direction where to start it would be helpfull.
    I got it to play and all trough URL but havn't gotten the seek to work.

17. Post #177
    YukiTheater.org
    January 2013
    173 Posts
    Hmm, I can't see to get it to properly embed, If some one could point me in the right direction where to start it would be helpfull.
    I got it to play and all trough URL but havn't gotten the seek to work.
    That's because Lua doesn't handle the Embedding part and the actual Video. This does: https://github.com/pixeltailgames/pi.../js/theater.js

Edited:
    I didn't read that carefully enough...Ignore that, as you probably already know.

18. Post #178

March 2013
    6 Posts
    That's because Lua doesn't handle the Embedding part and the actual Video. This does: https://github.com/pixeltailgames/pi.../js/theater.js
    Yes i know that, but i was trying to use the swfobject but didn't get it to work, so i started new whit implementing jwplayer if a mp4 file is given as src.

19. Post #179
    YukiTheater.org
    January 2013
    173 Posts
    Yes i know that, but i was trying to use the swfobject but didn't get it to work, so i started new whit implementing jwplayer if a mp4 file is given as src.
    Totally ninja'd...I edited my post not 30 seconds after you replied.
    Now, when you say you couldn't get it to properly embed, what do you mean? To what extent? You said you couldn't get Seek to work, but is that all?

20. Post #180

March 2013
    6 Posts
    Totally ninja'd...I edited my post not 30 seconds after you replied.
    Now, when you say you couldn't get it to properly embed, what do you mean? To what extent? You said you couldn't get Seek to work, but is that all?
    Well the problem whit the embed in swfobject was that it complained about "could not load player configuration" or some thing along those lines, the seek was just me beeing dumb tough. Got that fixed now.
    I now though got a javascript now that can handle mp4 files. And makes it in to a jwplayer on the cinema landing page instead of trying to embed it. Before i was trying to serve a jwplayer from a webpage.

21. Post #181
    YukiTheater.org
    January 2013
    173 Posts
    Well the problem whit the embed in swfobject was that it complained about "could not load player configuration" or some thing along those lines, the seek was just me beeing dumb tough. Got that fixed now.
    I now though got a javascript now that can handle mp4 files. And makes it in to a jwplayer on the cinema landing page instead of trying to embed it. Before i was trying to serve a jwplayer from a webpage.
    Okay. To what purpose exactly are you trying to use JWPlayer for? A faster replacement for the current script? Because if that's the case, not all of Cinema's providers have MP4 support.

22. Post #182

March 2013
    6 Posts
    Okay. To what purpose exactly are you trying to use JWPlayer for? A faster replacement for the current script? Because if that's the case, not all of Cinema's providers have MP4 support.
    Well don't want to be dependant on out side providers as youtube has a tendency to not have the best quality for example.

And for fun of course, coding is hobby. Now tough i have to figure out the lua code for the valid requests thing.

edit: this would be mostly for us to use so not to worried about other servers at the moment.

23. Post #183
    YukiTheater.org
    January 2013
    173 Posts
    Well don't want to be dependant on out side providers as youtube has a tendency to not have the best quality for example.

And for fun of course, coding is hobby. Now tough i have to figure out the lua code for the valid requests thing.

edit: this would be mostly for us to use so not to worried about other servers at the moment.
    Ah alright then.

24. Post #184

January 2013
    7 Posts
    Been working with some people to make candy.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

25. Post #185
    Help Thread King!

March 2013
    696 Posts
    The scrolling is something I had actually implemented. I attempted to implement clicking, but I couldn't figure out a way to simulate clicks in the browser. I believe there would need to be an awesomium bind in order to do so. Otherwise, the browser panel would have to be opened with mouse input enabled.

Alternatively, if you can figure out how to make the flash player autoplay, that would be your best bet.
    I guess you could make or copy the player source and like put it in a html on a site and make it 100% to the browser.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #186
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,342 Posts
    Is there a way to lock doors using this gamemode? My community is using a different map due to problems and we were wondering if there was a built in way.

27. Post #187
    Hi.
    July 2011
    5,187 Posts
    TwitchTV is played at an extremely low volume, any way of fixing this? I couldn't figure a way of increasing it.

28. Post #188
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,348 Posts
    Can you use live streams? Every time I go on Twitch or Livestream it doesn't play live video.

29. Post #189
    YukiTheater.org
    January 2013
    173 Posts
    Is there a way to lock doors using this gamemode? My community is using a different map due to problems and we were wondering if there was a built in way.
    I don't believe so.

Edited:

TwitchTV is played at an extremely low volume, any way of fixing this? I couldn't figure a way of increasing it.
    Unfortunately not, this is a limitation of the API and how it's implemented.

Edited:

Can you use live streams? Every time I go on Twitch or Livestream it doesn't play live video.
    Yes you can. Are you using the links for Twitch.TV and Livestream in the Web Browser to find videos?

30. Post #190
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,348 Posts
    Yes you can. Are you using the links for Twitch.TV and Livestream in the Web Browser to find videos?
    Yeah, I am, it doesn't allow me to request the video.

31. Post #191
    YukiTheater.org
    January 2013
    173 Posts
    Yeah, I am, it doesn't allow me to request the video.
    Are you in a Private Room? Because Streams are only allowed to be requested in those rooms according to the Code.

32. Post #192
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,348 Posts
    Even if you are an admin?

33. Post #193
    YukiTheater.org
    January 2013
    173 Posts
    Even if you are an admin?
    Yes. It's because the Services for Streams are set to be allowed in Private Theaters only.

SERVICE.TheaterType 	= THEATER_PRIVATE

34. Post #194
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,348 Posts
    Suggestion, can you add ustream support, livestream is horrible.

35. Post #195
    YukiTheater.org
    January 2013
    173 Posts
    Suggestion, can you add ustream support, livestream is horrible.
    I was actually considering doing this a while back. I may do it at some point...

36. Post #196
    March 2013
    428 Posts
    Double post, sorry

Edited:

This gamemode looks great. At first it ought it was just a playx knockoff but it goes more in depth than that. Awesome

Sorry for the double post, I almost threw up in my mouth when it called my nexus 7 a imac using safari just because I hit request in

Nvm it merged them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

37. Post #197

January 2012
    1 Posts
    Anyone know if it's possible to have it close the popup banner ads youtube has? I don't know the youtube API but that would be pretty cool if that was possible.

Also I would love to get my hands on a copy of that candy addon

38. Post #198
    YukiTheater.org
    January 2013
    173 Posts
    Anyone know if it's possible to have it close the popup banner ads youtube has? I don't know the youtube API but that would be pretty cool if that was possible.

Also I would love to get my hands on a copy of that candy addon
    If you're using YouTube's Embedded Player (Which this Gamemode does), as far as I'm aware removing those ads is impossible. However that being said, it may be possible to get around them by using JWPlayer instead of YouTube's. I've never tried it myself, but I think it's worth a shot.

39. Post #199
    July 2008
    819 Posts
    I created a Cinema mapping tutorial by request if anyone is interested in reading it.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=147037972
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #200
    July 2008
    819 Posts
    Small update,
    - Added setting in the scoreboard for muting theaters while Garry's Mod is out-of-focus (e.g. alt-tabbed)
    - Improved the visuals of hidden players while in theaters
    - Added support for lp_cinema_rc3 and theater_gcinema maps