1. Post #201

June 2013
    2 Posts
    Does anyone know how to get flash to work in cinema on linux? It says that flash could not be found. libflashplayer.so is currently located in /etc/alternatives/ and /opt/mint-flashplugin-11/. Do i need to move it in a special folder or can i configure cinema to look in these folders?

2. Post #202
    July 2008
    819 Posts
    Does anyone know how to get flash to work in cinema on linux? It says that flash could not be found. libflashplayer.so is currently located in /etc/alternatives/ and /opt/mint-flashplugin-11/. Do i need to move it in a special folder or can i configure cinema to look in these folders?
    I haven't bothered to test this yet as I figured I should wait until the Linux client is closer to release. I am also not very accustom to the Linux environment. If you're able to get it working, I'd be interested to hear your solution so I can add it to the workshop FAQ. You may want to try searching for how to get Flash working for Awesomium on Linux; that's essentially what you're trying to do.

3. Post #203

June 2013
    2 Posts
    could you tell me where libflashplayer is on windows?

4. Post #204
    July 2008
    819 Posts
    Another update, this was requested a long time ago. I've added a cinema_queue_mode convar which supports two values:
    1 = Videos may be voted up or down (default)
    2 = Videos are played in the order they're requested (chronological, voting disabled)

Chronological queue (cinema_queue_mode 2)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #205
    YukiTheater.org
    January 2013
    173 Posts
    could you tell me where libflashplayer is on windows?
    Windows doesn't use a lib. It uses a series of DLLs instead.
    Also, GMod has a lot of issues on Linux currently, so I don't know if it would even work with its current state.

6. Post #206
    July 2010
    1,465 Posts
    Windows doesn't use a lib. It uses a series of DLLs instead.
    Dynamically-Linked Library

A shared object(libflashplayer.so) is the Linux equivalent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

7. Post #207
    YukiTheater.org
    January 2013
    173 Posts
    Dynamically-Linked Library

A shared object(libflashplayer.so) is the Linux equivalent.
    I feel stupid now... But regardless, libflashplayer, the Linux Library, isn't used in Windows. The equivalent would be in Windows/SysWOW64/Macromed on 64-bit Windows and Windows/system32/Macromed on 32-bit Windows AFAIK, if the user installed Flash for Other Browsers.

8. Post #208
    July 2008
    819 Posts
    Added YouTube Live support.

Weird text rendering issue is likely something on YouTube's side, or awesomium.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #209
    YukiTheater.org
    January 2013
    173 Posts
    Added YouTube Live support.

Weird text rendering issue is likely something on YouTube's side, or awesomium.
    That does look a bit odd...Does it affect video viewing at all?

10. Post #210
    July 2008
    819 Posts
    That does look a bit odd...Does it affect video viewing at all?
    It's a YouTube text annotation. So, not really anything important.

11. Post #211
    September 2010
    498 Posts
    what disro are you using?

12. Post #212
    July 2008
    819 Posts
    Updated Cinema on workshop. I've added localization support and fixed a few small bugs. :)

Thanks to ptown2 for adding Spanish translations. If anyone is interested in helping translate the gamemode, please go here: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/f...0587165565470/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #213
    July 2008
    819 Posts
    For the Linux users who are having troubles getting flash to work, a user by the name Sapd figured it out and posted the solution here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #214
    Gold Member
    May 2013
    156 Posts
    A few suggestions:
    Blacklist videos (saves blacklisted videos to a text file)
    Blacklist video name partials
    Blacklist player from requesting videos in a public theater

15. Post #215
    YukiTheater.org
    January 2013
    173 Posts
    A few suggestions:
    Blacklist videos (saves blacklisted videos to a text file)
    Blacklist video name partials
    Blacklist player from requesting videos in a public theater
    When you say, "Blacklist player from requesting videos in a public theater," what exactly do you mean?

16. Post #216
    Gold Member
    May 2013
    156 Posts
    When you say, "Blacklist player from requesting videos in a public theater," what exactly do you mean?
    Player X requests numerous videos in the public theaters that get blacklisted, is asked to stop requesting those videos (say racheal black videos) and continues to do so. An admin decides to blacklist them from requesting videos in public theaters (essentially blocking them from using the request command in a public theater) but they can still request videos in private theaters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

17. Post #217
    YukiTheater.org
    January 2013
    173 Posts
    Player X requests numerous videos in the public theaters that get blacklisted, is asked to stop requesting those videos (say racheal black videos) and continues to do so. An admin decides to blacklist them from requesting videos in public theaters (essentially blocking them from using the request command in a public theater) but they can still request videos in private theaters.
    So a Public Theater only Blacklist?

18. Post #218
    Gold Member
    May 2013
    156 Posts
    So a Public Theater only Blacklist?
    Yeah.

19. Post #219
    YukiTheater.org
    January 2013
    173 Posts
    Well, it's possible... I'm gonna wait to see what Sam thinks about it.

20. Post #220
    July 2008
    819 Posts
    It's certainly possible, I'd have to think about whether or not I want to implement it though. There's a hook I added a while ago which allows for video request filtering, you can check it out here: https://github.com/pixeltailgames/ci...v_hooks.lua#L7
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

21. Post #221
    Gold Member
    May 2013
    156 Posts
    It's certainly possible, I'd have to think about whether or not I want to implement it though. There's a hook I added a while ago which allows for video request filtering, you can check it out here: https://github.com/pixeltailgames/ci...v_hooks.lua#L7
    Oh, awesome. That is exactly what I need to make it work. I still think it'd be a cool thing to be added, but I'm gunna make it work on my server.

Edit:
    Is there a way to check when the theater has stopped playing a video? Like when the queue is empty and the last one stopped? Trying to make a mysql Now Playing system and that's all that needs to be done now. Doesn't seem like it's calling PostPlayVideo at that point.
    I figured this out by modifying the gamemode code, but would like to know if theres a way to do so without modifying gamemode files themselves (as with the other thing I can call a hook)

Edit 2:
    New idea for cinema_queue_mode: 3 - Plays by order requested but allows admins/theater owners to move videos up and down in the queue

Also, now that I have the blacklist system working (allows blacklist of videos while playing and a way to do it with the type and data values from when a video plays, eg. type: youtube data: dm30aha2), would anyone be interested in me releasing it? It's not the greatest and I'm sure it could be done better but it works without issue.

Actually, probably gunna do a bit more to it before I do release it if I do. Gotta make a way to blacklist videos without having to know the data (eg via the full url)

Edit 3: (aka the "I don't like double posting" edit)
    It seems cinema_queue_mode 2 (where it does it in order of request) does it in reverse. The latest request first, then in reverse order.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #222
    September 2010
    498 Posts
    nice

23. Post #223
    July 2008
    819 Posts
    Haven't posted any updates here in a while, figured I'd share some progress with the gamemode recently. Cinema is now available in Russian, German, French, Spanish, Dutch, Finnish, and Italian.

This is something I'm extremely happy with. I added Google Analytics into the video search page about a month ago and found out that there were a lot of non-American players (more so than I would have guessed). Here are some other interesting stats I've gathered.

Popularity of selected video services to search; sample size of 17 days

Visits per webpage; over one month sample size (http://cinema.pixeltailgames.com/)
    Notice that the flash page is over 2% of all views, this is consistent with the Steam software survey if I recall correctly.

Popular country/state visitors

These are most of the more interesting stats which I'm able to collect. I'll post more if there is anything else I find interesting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #224

January 2009
    35 Posts
    Does anyone know how to stream .mp4 files? I know it can be done on PlayX, but I can't figure out how to do it with Cinema.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #225
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    241 Posts
    I tried messing around in this with a friend and sound simply does not work. The video will load and play but no sounds comes from it. Flash is updated, Garry's Mod sound is fully upped in the volume mixer and in Garry's mod itself.

I saw no errors in the console so I'm confused as to why it doesn't play sound at all.

26. Post #226
    July 2008
    819 Posts
    Checkout the FAQ. Specifically "I can see the video, but I can't hear anything. How do I fix this?"

27. Post #227

July 2006
    4 Posts
    Had an error, was due to conflicting errors. Ignore.

28. Post #228

February 2013
    56 Posts
    I'm getting a problem players can't acctualy go into the theater rooms. Like it just goes in the door and stays in that spot

29. Post #229

July 2013
    3 Posts
    I have been frequenting the WZ cinema server in recent days but it has since disappeared from the server browser. On this server they had 2 NPCs stood behind the counter, one selling popcorn and the other was a shop to customise your chracter. Any idea how they did this? Were they using a custom version of the map?

30. Post #230
    YukiTheater.org
    January 2013
    173 Posts
    I have been frequenting the WZ cinema server in recent days but it has since disappeared from the server browser. On this server they had 2 NPCs stood behind the counter, one selling popcorn and the other was a shop to customise your chracter. Any idea how they did this? Were they using a custom version of the map?
    They made 2 NPCs that opened Menus when you hit "Use" (E) on them using Lua. That's how they did it. You don't have to have a custom map to do this.

I'm getting a problem players can't acctualy go into the theater rooms. Like it just goes in the door and stays in that spot
    You don't have Cinema installed correctly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #231

July 2013
    1 Posts
    Hello,

I am currently unable to watch videos in the Gmod Cinema servers because Flash is not detected. I'm on Mac OS X Mountain Lion, and I have not been able to solve this whatsoever. I've tried various tutorials that are supposed to solve my problem (1, 2, 3), all of which don't. I've reached out to multiple people in hopes of solving this, but I have yet for it to get solved. Are there any solutions to this other than the ones posted in these tutorials? I would really love to get back to the cinema servers.

Edit: I forgot to mention this. When I go to request a video from YouTube in the in-game browser, it of course says I need to download flash at the top. When I click on that, it brings me to the download page, which interestingly tells me "Your system: Windows 32-bit, English, Chrome", when I am in fact on OS X Mountain Lion, not in any sort of VM.

Thanks.

32. Post #232

January 2012
    10 Posts
    There seems to be a problem with vimeo videos, where players entering the theater won't automatically seek to the current position in the video. It's as though seeking fails because the video hasn't buffered yet, and all they see is a black screen with the vimeo "buffering" bar at the bottom.

Using the admin menu to manually seek the video (to roughly where it's already playing) usually fixes the problem for the newcomers.

33. Post #233
    July 2008
    819 Posts
    There seems to be a problem with vimeo videos, where players entering the theater won't automatically seek to the current position in the video. It's as though seeking fails because the video hasn't buffered yet, and all they see is a black screen with the vimeo "buffering" bar at the bottom.

Using the admin menu to manually seek the video (to roughly where it's already playing) usually fixes the problem for the newcomers.
    Yeah, I'm aware of the issue, but I haven't had time to debug it enough. It seems to fix itself if a player refreshes the theater.

34. Post #234

July 2012
    28 Posts
    I would love the possibility to log video requests. I have noticed there is a sv_log.lua file which seems to be made for logging into a database, but I was unable to find any instructions on how to make it work or configure the database details anywhere. So is there currently any option to log video requests easily?

EDIT: Nevermind, made my own using the PostVideoQueued hook.

35. Post #235

March 2011
    369 Posts
    Let's say I wanna make a map that also supports this gamemode, what do I add exactly for the screens? Or what is needed in the hammer editor to make a map that supports this? I know how to map, just dunno how to do the screens and what else Cinema gamemode needs in a map to work properly.

36. Post #236
    July 2008
    819 Posts
    Let's say I wanna make a map that also supports this gamemode, what do I add exactly for the screens? Or what is needed in the hammer editor to make a map that supports this? I know how to map, just dunno how to do the screens and what else Cinema gamemode needs in a map to work properly.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=147037972
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

37. Post #237
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    3,324 Posts
    Im sorry for bumping this, but is there a way to enable like a sandbox mode on this? as in you can still spawn props and things like in normal sandbox, yet you can still play on cinema maps with it all still working? Im sorry if i missed something obvious. if it is something that would require coding, can someone then at least point me in the right direction?

38. Post #238
    May 2005
    34 Posts
    I really enjoy using this mod, it's fantastically executed.

One feature I'd like to see though is support for sockshare and putlocker, which commonly host full tv shows and movies that you can't find on fullmoviesonvimeo or etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #239
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    3,324 Posts
    I really enjoy using this mod, it's fantastically executed.

One feature I'd like to see though is support for sockshare and putlocker which commonly host full tv shows and movies that you can't find on fullmoviesonvimeo or etc.

There's also a few other hosts which offer content that can be found on [REDACTED]
    Illegal links are not welcome here, please remove it. also, im pretty sure he wouldnt want to support piracy...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #240
    May 2005
    34 Posts
    Illegal links are not welcome here, please remove it. also, im pretty sure he wouldnt want to support piracy...
    There's support for full movies on vimeo and full movies on youtube, I honestly don't think piracy is a big concern.

There's nothing illicit about watching pirated content, or at least they don't go after those who stream it, only those who host it and upload it.