1. Post #1
    July 2008
    819 Posts

Downloads

Description
    Remember sitting down on a lazy afternoon with your friends, drinking a cup of hot cocoa and watching a movie? pixelTail Games does. It's a magical bonding experience between people, a timeless ritual that not many are able to do with some of their friends. After all, you've got one friend all the way over in Canada, another stuck in the middle of Belgium, heck even that guy from Swaziland. How on earth will you get them all together to watch your favorite episode of Sonic X? That would cost a lot a king's ransom! And you're hardly Viscount of Saline now are you? You might not even qualify for the title of Minister of Equine Destruction.

Well stop cryin, ya big baby! We've got you covered. With Cinema you can watch internet videos with your friends from the comfort of a virtual theater! How ace is that? Settle down to watch the latest action flick, catch up on the latest adventure time together, challenge each other to get through your favorite horror show! First one to leave the room is a chicken!

Now you might be asking "Wow where do I sign up?" well please re-button your lapels, it's as easy as downloading a free thing on the internet, BECAUSE IT'S FREE! All you need is the base game of Garry's Mod and you are good to go! No other games required. Not even Half-Life 2: Episode 2.

Features
    - Synchronized video playback
    - Support for YouTube, Vimeo, Justin.TV, Twitch.TV, Livestream, and Blip
    - Intuitive video request system
    - Persistant video history
    - Private theater owner controls
    - Theater previews outside of theaters
    - Useable Seats
    - Support for additional maps
    - Open Source

Links
    http://www.pixeltailgames.com/cinema
    https://github.com/pixeltailgames/cinema

Developers
    Sam
    Mr. Sunabouzu
    Clopsy
    MacDGuy
    Foohy

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Also, enjoy this wonderfully crafted short film, which shows how this gamemode may help defeat the struggle in modern day society of watching videos with loved ones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Lua King x 65Winner x 8Funny x 5Artistic x 5Informative x 2Friendly x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    901 Posts
    if it's cinema, it's winna mon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 15Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 2Lua Helper Lua Helper x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    481 Posts
    Wow, looks awesome! Great job (as always from you and your team)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4

December 2012
    90 Posts
    The video made me crack up. As much as i hate these stupid in-game theatre and youtube player things i have to say you did a good job. The video was humorous too!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    [img][b][color=red]Fuck this isnt HTML[/color][/b][/img]
    February 2009
    2,948 Posts
    Pixeltail, you guys have a solid resume going into the future with the work of GMT plus this. Good luck for all of you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    11,686 Posts
    General in house approval from me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    18,323 Posts
    Can you vote off videos?

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    11,686 Posts
    Can you vote off videos?
    Yes. Private theater owners can also manually skip videos.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    [img][b][color=red]Fuck this isnt HTML[/color][/b][/img]
    February 2009
    2,948 Posts
    Holy shit I just read support for Twitch.TV

Brb always watching Dota.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,034 Posts
    9 out of 10 Fallen Angels approve this gamemode!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    "The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell"
    August 2011
    3,669 Posts

This gamemode is fun, but it needs virtual food.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Informative Informative x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    foxcock
    June 2008
    5,903 Posts
    can the videos loop

13. Post #13
    I'm the only black guy on The Internet huh?
    March 2012
    940 Posts
    Needs more virtual popcorn, and holographic meatloaf.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    18,323 Posts
    I've joined the server and it's taking a million years to download a bunch of materials wtf man
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    "The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell"
    August 2011
    3,669 Posts
    You should use the workshop addon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    18,323 Posts
    You should use the workshop addon.
    I've come too far, I can't turn back.

Edited:

Fuck it, took way too long.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    January 2012
    71 Posts
    Oh hot dayum! That's a kick ass map!

18. Post #18
    March 2012
    940 Posts
    Could you make it so netflix videos could be played?

That would actually be the best.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 2Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2010
    5,071 Posts
    This cinema gamemode looks really nice! Why are you and your team so amazing?

20. Post #20
    Gold Member

October 2009
    10,583 Posts
    This sure beats any other theater gamemode and server by far
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    July 2008
    819 Posts
    Gamemode is up on workshop and code is on github.

Backgrounds are apparently broken through workshop gamemodes, so if you really want those, get the gamemode from github.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    March 2012
    940 Posts
    It's telling me I'm running an invalid map, but it's the map from the workshop.

Can you actually upload the map for me.

23. Post #23
    July 2009
    1,464 Posts
    What's the actual usage or example for 'cinema_allow_url' ?

24. Post #24

January 2012
    6 Posts
    I can't wait to play this with my friends, I'll play many movies and stuff. We'll have a good time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    July 2008
    819 Posts
    What's the actual usage or example for 'cinema_allow_url' ?
    I need to explain this a little better later, but if you enable cinema_allow_url, you can request any URL in private theaters by entering cinema_video_request "url" into the console. cinema_allow_url must be enabled on the server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    July 2009
    1,464 Posts
    I need to explain this a little better later, but if you enable cinema_allow_url, you can request any URL in private theaters by entering cinema_video_request "url" into the console. cinema_allow_url must be enabled on the server.
    In my case we've got a custom site with a flash videoplayer in it. It works alright with in-game browser, damn I can bring any site to the screen using cinema_video_request (set).

The problem is: we can't play the video because there's no way to click something on the screen, you can scroll, though
    It's opensource, but I'm no coder to think something out :(

27. Post #27
    July 2008
    819 Posts
    In my case we've got a custom site with a flash videoplayer in it. It works alright with in-game browser, damn I can bring any site to the screen using cinema_video_request (set).

The problem is: we can't play the video because there's no way to click something on the screen, you can scroll, though
    It's opensource, but I'm no coder to think something out :(
    The scrolling is something I had actually implemented. I attempted to implement clicking, but I couldn't figure out a way to simulate clicks in the browser. I believe there would need to be an awesomium bind in order to do so. Otherwise, the browser panel would have to be opened with mouse input enabled.

Alternatively, if you can figure out how to make the flash player autoplay, that would be your best bet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    January 2012
    71 Posts
    -Snip- (It worked after all, just had to rejoin.)

29. Post #29
    February 2012
    40 Posts
    Well this is a really nice gamemode, everything works except like the map? I don't see electronic lobby Private Threater scrolling signs and I cannot enter through doros.. I can walk through them :D

Anyone else have these problems and how can I solve them?

I decompiled the addon map cause I don't know how to use the actual map as an addon.

30. Post #30
    July 2008
    819 Posts
    Well this is a really nice gamemode, everything works except like the map? I don't see electronic lobby Private Threater scrolling signs and I cannot enter through doros.. I can walk through them :D

Anyone else have these problems and how can I solve them?

I decompiled the addon map cause I don't know how to use the actual map as an addon.
    It sounds like you never selected the Cinema gamemode from the main menu. We have instructions on the website for installing and playing the gamemode, try reading through them and let me know if it resolves your problems. http://www.pixeltailgames.com/cinema/instructions.php
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    February 2012
    40 Posts
    It sounds like you never selected the Cinema gamemode from the main menu. We have instructions on the website for installing and playing the gamemode, try reading through them and let me know if it resolves your problems. http://www.pixeltailgames.com/cinema/instructions.php
    Yeah umm, that would be an easy way.. I run a dedicated server I dont have that garrysmod nice fancy easy layout setup, I have a control panel where I add the files :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    July 2008
    819 Posts
    Yeah umm, that would be an easy way.. I run a dedicated server I dont have that garrysmod nice fancy easy layout setup, I have a control panel where I add the files :/
    In that case you'll want to use the github repository linked in the first post.

33. Post #33
    February 2012
    40 Posts
    In that case you'll want to use the github repository linked in the first post.
    I have.

Edit: We really need a link to the cinema_theatron.bsp

I am using the github master files and its the same problem, like nothing changed at all.

Workshop blows in a way and I miss the toybox :C cant they make it a workshop/toybox like what the hell

34. Post #34
    January 2012
    71 Posts
    I have.

Edit: We really need a link to the cinema_theatron.bsp

I am using the github master files and its the same problem, like nothing changed at all.

Workshop blows in a way and I miss the toybox :C cant they make it a workshop/toybox like what the hell
    You do know you can fix the map via workshop on to your server, right?

35. Post #35
    December 2011
    18 Posts
    Great job!

36. Post #36
    February 2012
    40 Posts
    You do know you can fix the map via workshop on to your server, right?
    I gmodconverted the map in to a normal map and I use it, still doesn't work. + even if players download the gamemode+map on the main website via workshop they still see errors, fuck knows why.

37. Post #37
    January 2012
    71 Posts
    I gmodconverted the map in to a normal map and I use it, still doesn't work. + even if players download the gamemode+map on the main website via workshop they still see errors, fuck knows why.
    You should look up "Workshop.vdf", Just saying.

38. Post #38
    February 2012
    40 Posts
    Jesus christ is everyone a fucking idiot on facepunch, if you got nothing important to say or help with don't tell me bullshit.

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming" - MaxOfS2D))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 17Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    279 Posts
    Okay so Cinema_Theatron got banned from the workshop for some reason. You can't get the map at current. Looking into it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    February 2012
    40 Posts
    Okay so Cinema_Theatron got banned from the workshop for some reason. You can't get the map at current. Looking into it.
    There we go, someone said something important and helpful.

But why is it banned?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)