1. Post #161
    playdoh
    May 2008
    2,967 Posts

so anonymous, i cant tell who is who
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 37 (list)

2. Post #162
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    14,515 Posts

so anonymous, i cant tell who is who
    Well I can guess which one is Kim.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 18Funny Funny x 3 (list)

3. Post #163
    playdoh
    May 2008
    2,967 Posts
    Well I can guess which one is Kim.
    it's the one holding the A, isn't it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 20 (list)

4. Post #164

January 2013
    1 Posts
    Hi Guys!...is anyone able to upload any file???.... I am trying and trying and trying but all the files go in in pending status.

Any suggestion?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

5. Post #165
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,887 Posts
    Things about Mega:

- You will be required to use Google Chrome to use the website. This is because the website has been designed and optimized for best performance on Google Chrome.

Wrong. I just signed up and popped a test file into the cloud using Firefox. It works fine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #166
    I do it all
    November 2010
    13,521 Posts
    sweet just scored my free 50gb, if they put a windows explorer type upload system like drive, skydrive and dropbox I may actually use it for good
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

7. Post #167
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    Dennab
    September 2008
    9,837 Posts
    https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/audio/raw-fil...rocessing.html

And that's a completely different API by Mozilla as part of the same group.
    Draft proposal vs working draft. Big difference.

8. Post #168
    Mentally incapable of sticking to one avatar
    January 2007
    5,758 Posts
    MEGASTART, the live stream for the MEGA launch.

9. Post #169
    October 2012
    1,415 Posts
    I wouldn't host anything important to me on Mega...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

10. Post #170
    March 2011
    697 Posts
    Kim Dotcom looks and is beginning to act like Kim Jong-Un
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #171
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,153 Posts
    Draft proposal vs working draft. Big difference.
    They're still drafts, the only difference is that Mozilla's is newer and more flexible, while Chrome's has been implemented for a while and has people thinking it's a standard.

Look at WebSQL.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #172
    Dennab
    February 2012
    124 Posts
    bad signup code -9

13. Post #173
    Rar
    September 2008
    99 Posts
    They're still drafts, the only difference is that Mozilla's is newer and more flexible, while Chrome's has been implemented for a while and has people thinking it's a standard.

Look at WebSQL.
    Can you state where Audio Data is more flexible, I'm somewhat curious.

In other news Mozilla are working on implementing Web Audio API

Edit: If this demo is anything to go by (comparing chrome and FF), Audio Data behaves correctly when the sample rate of the song is different from your hardware, unlike Chrome.

14. Post #174
    Dennab
    March 2012
    867 Posts
    Everything sounded good up til

You will be required to use Google Chrome to use the website.
    Nope

Edited:

I don't get direct downloads. I torrent everything that's a large file.

Like linux distros
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13 (list)

15. Post #175
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,919 Posts
    Can't upload anything. It's stuck on upload pending.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #176
    Turbo Dyke
    June 2010
    20,928 Posts
    Everything sounded good up til

Nope

Edited:

I don't get direct downloads. I torrent everything that's a large file.

Like linux distros
    Good luck backing your stuff up in to torrents

17. Post #177
    Good luck backing your stuff up in to torrents
    Easier done than you'd think.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #178
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    899 Posts
    cant even access the https version
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #179
    Want a Tablet?
    November 2009
    2,028 Posts
    cant even access the https version
    Absolutely love the avatar.

Spam refresh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #180
    July 2012
    4,357 Posts
    Everyone spamming refresh is why this won't work
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #181
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,389 Posts
    Well it eventually works

22. Post #182
    ask me about my title
    August 2009
    2,693 Posts
    What happened to www.megamovie.co.nz

23. Post #183
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,153 Posts
    Can you state where Audio Data is more flexible, I'm somewhat curious.

In other news Mozilla are working on implementing Web Audio API

Edit: If this demo is anything to go by (comparing chrome and FF), Audio Data behaves correctly when the sample rate of the song is different from your hardware, unlike Chrome.
    Audio Data is older and deprecated, the replacement is "Media Streams", which is a generalised version of what Chrome does (A stream can be audio, video or both, etc.). It's still an early draft though so I can imagine implementations taking a while (They also want it to work well with WebRTC and so, so you could get the webcam stream, manipulate it then send it directly over the network, etc.)

24. Post #184
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,735 Posts
    So they have only one password box when registering, inevitably typo'd my complex password, and now there's no way to recover or even change (while logged in) my password. Can't even delete my account and start again. A++ service.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #185

January 2013
    1 Posts
    Can't upload anything. It's stuck on upload pending.
    I too have this problem , in both FF and Chrome. I have HTTPS working fine. But it stays at "pending" the upload forever (at least during the 5 hours I fell asleep and woke to find it still "pending").

Could someone here give a reason why this is happening? Looks like I am the third person to ask this question. thanks in advance for any suggestions

Mark

26. Post #186
    I got my title for $1
    June 2010
    2,354 Posts
    cant even get to the website right now it just gets stuck on the cloud gear animation thing forever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #187
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    41,723 Posts
    Kim Dotcom kind of looks like Henry VIII.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 16 (list)

28. Post #188
    I bought a title for $1.
    March 2011
    2,822 Posts
    So they have only one password box when registering, inevitably typo'd my complex password, and now there's no way to recover or even change (while logged in) my password. Can't even delete my account and start again. A++ service.
    I registered with a random KeePass password and forgot to save it before copying something else. They say you can't reset your password because you'd never be able to decrypt the files, but I don't have any fucking files. Now I HAVE to use my secondary email address.

10/10 service.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #189
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,038 Posts
    I registered with a random KeePass password and forgot to save it before copying something else. They say you can't reset your password because you'd never be able to decrypt the files, but I don't have any fucking files. Now I HAVE to use my secondary email address.

10/10 service.
    you're blaming a service for your own carelessness
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #190
    ===
    This was a waste of $1
    December 2011
    1,532 Posts

:I
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #191
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    Dennab
    September 2008
    9,837 Posts
    it's like i'm playing diablo 3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #192
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,504 Posts
    Anyone else think Mega is a terrible name.

It feels weird saying "Upload it to mega," it sounds like I suck at grammar by not using a noun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

33. Post #193
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts
    He sure knows how to handle interviews, his points are solid and sound legit. Furthermore he seems like a likeable character.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Luxembourg Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #194
    December 2008
    701 Posts
    I Think Comcast is throttling my connection, I was uploading a picture of my dog as a test, everything was great for a second or two, now I'm hovering at 2.5 kb/s. Or are they overloaded?

35. Post #195
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,038 Posts
    I Think Comcast is throttling my connection, I was uploading a picture of my dog as a test, everything was great for a second or two, now I'm hovering at 2.5 kb/s. Or are they overloaded?
    they've been overloaded since launch and they will most likely remain overloaded for the next few days

36. Post #196

April 2012
    122 Posts
    What about if you have a complex password like I do? What happens if you typo it?

Mega doesn't let you reset the password. atleast put a way to deregister an email address.

But seriously. it is not their carelessness, it is mega's design faults.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 3 (list)

37. Post #197
    I bought a title for $1.
    March 2011
    2,822 Posts
    Not exactly. I'd have appreciated some warning when choosing my password when signing up, perhaps saying "This is important, seriously don't forget this because you can't reset it". It's not really careless when normally I wouldn't have to be so careful because I could replace the password with another equally secure password.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #198
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,038 Posts
    use a service like lastpass, then. you're completely to blame if you mistype your password
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #199

April 2012
    122 Posts
    use a service like lastpass, then. you're completely to blame if you mistype your password
    No. It is an accident if you mistype your password. and mega doesn't have the proper tools to reset your password if you have an ACCIDENT and mistype your password.

It is mega's fault.

edit

Also, You make it seem like it's okay to not have a way to reset your password, just because someone mistypes it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #200
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,038 Posts
    it's 2013, dude. get lastpass

Edited:

I have forgotten my password. Can I reset it?

Unfortunately, your MEGA password is not just a password - it is the master encryption key to all of your data. If you lose it, you lose access to all of your files that are not in a shared folder and that you have no previously exported file or folder key for.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)