1. Post #2561

June 2014
    1 Posts
    ajhidell, do you have FAQ for rotator? How to use it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Ukraine Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Late Late x 1Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2562
    September 2012
    66 Posts
    Everyone jizzing because of an old rotator release? I wouldn't get your hopes up, trouble with this kind of stuff is that it has to be frequently updated. So a 2013 release wont cover it, especially not after recent updates

3. Post #2563

September 2013
    4 Posts
    tf2toolbox source: https://cdn.anonfiles.com/1403138721220.zip

doth it build? i dunno... who cares? who cares!? i don't care.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

4. Post #2564
    September 2012
    66 Posts
    Dafuq is that shit :P

Someone is gonna have fun trying to read that machine generated code

5. Post #2565
    Dennab
    January 2012
    89 Posts
    Maybe dumb question, but why doesn't my auto hot key script to press space bar work if I set the idle steam.exe to launch as administrator to fix some other problems, like general system lag. and no I don't care if I can't run more than one instance. But its weird because the window is clearly focused on by the script but the key press doesn't get sent, I can just hit space manually and its clearly bound. and sandboxie has direct access to both program directories of course.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

6. Post #2566

June 2014
    1 Posts
    i start 8 accs (in VMW) = items drop only for 1-3 accs. WTF?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

7. Post #2567
    September 2012
    66 Posts
    Update galore during this summer sale. Jeeez

8. Post #2568
    October 2012
    14 Posts
    I'm done idling.

>Every single day,
    >every 12 hours,
    >I have to sacrifice some of my time to launch the virtual machines,
    >make sure that they have not bad challenged,
    >then of course they have,
    >waste 20 minutes of my life,
    >then another 10,
    >then come back from work/sleep and see that they timed out,
    >or worse, non of the drops have registred,
    >so it was complete waste of time...
    >then valve became so incompitent to release their updates without "quick fixes"
    >subsequently of course "your server needs to restart to apply changes"
    >waste another 30 minutes
    >and then all over....

Seeing how keys are now so high... my precious nerves not worth that price and hassle anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 6Zing Zing x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #2569
    September 2012
    66 Posts
    Well said sir.

In the mean time, anyone use windows 8.x for idling?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #2570
    TF2 Beta/Cut Content Historian
    December 2012
    607 Posts
    Nobody should be idling anymore because of how Valve changed the drop system. You can't just launch VMs and ezpect to be rich in a week anymore. You have to actually play to get drops.

I'm surprised people still use/try to use systems like this.

Oh and I've left TF2 running whilst on an idle server and came back after a 12 hour work shift to find I had received a single drop (Concheror). The drop system don't work like it used to. This type of system USED TO work wonders before Valve fucked things up. It don't work like it used to.

Prove me wrong, people. Prove me wrong. When I've only had 1 item drop after 12 hours whereas before I'd get my weeks allotment of items, I'd say it's fucked.

EDIT: lol I just noticed people are cheating the fucking system by using AutoHotKey. Really guys?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 2Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #2571

October 2013
    258 Posts
    I still run my super-low-consumption version of TF2 on background while I am on PC and I am not playing and I manually confirm every drop. So, yes, there are people who still do this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #2572
    July 2013
    19 Posts
    I still idle by using an auto-accept-confirmation alias in TF2 and a .VBS script that runs in the background of Windows to send the Enter key to the current window every 3 - 10 minutes.

EDIT: For whoever may have been interested...

Alias
    alias idle "cl_trigger_first_notification;wait 500;idle"

*** Note, the server must have 'sv_allow_wait_command' set to 1 / true, otherwise your client will just crash.
    The reason you need the VBS script as well is because this alias brings up the brown "You found: blahblah" window, but doesn't accept it. As such, you need some way to accept that for your found-item stack to be pushed further.

VBS Script

Code:
    dim Delay
    Delay = 10000

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

EnterMe

Sub EnterMe

WScript.Sleep(Delay)

WshShell.SendKeys "{ENTER}"

Max = 300000
    	Min = 10000
    	Randomize
    	Delay = Int((Max - Min + 1)*Rnd() + Min) 

EnterMe

End Sub
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #2573

July 2013
    56 Posts
    Does anyone know of a way to send keystrokes to hl2.exe without bringing the window in focus?

There is a thing called "SendMessage" but I can't figure it out. I managed to send text to notepad to change the titlebar. But command codes appear to be unique to every process.

Theres got to be a way to send "space" to hl2.exe while its running the background?

Edited:

i'm trying to get this running on a remote server running server 2012, i rdp in and set up everything, the accounts log in and run, but later if i log in again i see that tf2 has crashed (hl.exe has stopped working) could this be a limitation of autohotkey???
    I don't know why hl2.exe would crash. But autohotkey wont work in rdp. and it wont send the keystroke if the lockscreen/login screen is up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #2574
    July 2013
    19 Posts
    Code:
    ' === getAppTask ===
    ' Gets the task for an application whose windows title contains
    ' the string <appTitle>.
    ' Returns "true" if successfull, "false" if not.
    ' ==================
    Dim Word
    Set Word = CreateObject("Word.Application")
    Function getAppTask(appTitle, ByRef task)
    	dim Tasks
    	Set Tasks = Word.Tasks
    	For Each task in Tasks
    		If Task.Visible Then
    			dim taskname
    			taskname = task.name
    			if instr(1,taskname,appTitle) then
    				getAppTask = true
    				exit function
    			end if
    		end if
    	next
    	getAppTask = false
    End Function

Const WM_CHAR = &H102

dim task
    if getAppTask("Team Fortress 2", task) then
        task.SendWindowMessage WM_CHAR, 32, 0
    end if
    Word.Quit
    I adapted this code from here: http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/in...howtopic=46950

It should send the Space key to any window titled 'Team Fortress 2', even if it is in the background. (This code only sends it once of course and then closes; it doesn't repeatedly send it.)

** This only works if you have MS Word or the Word.Application ActiveX library installed **

EDIT:
    I would like to just say however that I believe this is a riskier move since this is in fact directly targeting the program itself. As such, it would most likely be seen as more of an actual hack / third party intervention than just the Enter / Space key being sent to any active window.

Please use it responsibly and carefully. I'm not liable for whatever happens to you / your account as a result of using it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #2575

July 2013
    56 Posts
    Thanks for that. I hope I can find a way to incorporate into my powershell script. I will share when I'm finished.

This might be stupid, but is the Word.Application library available only if you have MS office installed?

Code:
    ' === getAppTask ===
    ' Gets the task for an application whose windows title contains
    ' the string <appTitle>.
    ' Returns "true" if successfull, "false" if not.
    ' ==================
    Dim Word
    Set Word = CreateObject("Word.Application")
    Function getAppTask(appTitle, ByRef task)
    	dim Tasks
    	Set Tasks = Word.Tasks
    	For Each task in Tasks
    		If Task.Visible Then
    			dim taskname
    			taskname = task.name
    			if instr(1,taskname,appTitle) then
    				getAppTask = true
    				exit function
    			end if
    		end if
    	next
    	getAppTask = false
    End Function

Const WM_CHAR = &H102

dim task
    if getAppTask("Team Fortress 2", task) then
        task.SendWindowMessage WM_CHAR, 32, 0
    end if
    Word.Quit
    I adapted this code from here: http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/in...howtopic=46950

It should send the Space key to any window titled 'Team Fortress 2', even if it is in the background. (This code only sends it once of course and then closes; it doesn't repeatedly send it.)

EDIT:
    I would like to just say however that I believe this is a riskier move since this is in fact directly targeting the program itself. As such, it would most likely be seen as more of an actual hack / third party intervention than just the Enter / Space key being sent to any active window.

Please use it responsibly and carefully. I'm not liable for whatever happens to you / your account as a result of using it.

16. Post #2576
    July 2013
    19 Posts
    This might be stupid, but is the Word.Application library available only if you have MS office installed?
    Based on what I've been reading, I believe it is: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...ice.11%29.aspx

I have never worked with this before creating that snippet of code so I wouldn't know for sure though. I currently have MS Word 2003 installed and it worked with no issue.

EDIT:

Tested on my laptop that does not have MS Word, and it gave an error. I looked up the error and confirmed that you do indeed need MS Word, or take some more annoying routes around it (according to this post): http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...-in-windows-xp

EDIT #2:

I've created a C# program that can send the Space key to TF2, even if it is in the background.

Code:
    using System;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using System.ComponentModel;
    using System.Data;
    using System.Drawing;
    using System.Linq;
    using System.Text;
    using System.Windows.Forms;
    using System.Runtime.InteropServices;
    using System.Diagnostics;

namespace KeystrokeTest
    {
        public partial class Form1 : Form
        {
            public Form1()
            {
                InitializeComponent();
            }

[DllImport("USER32.DLL", CharSet = CharSet.Unicode)]
            public static extern IntPtr FindWindow(string lpClassName,
                string lpWindowName);

[DllImport("User32.Dll", EntryPoint = "PostMessageA")]
            static extern bool PostMessage(IntPtr hWnd, uint msg, int wParam, int lParam);

[DllImport("user32.dll")]
            static extern byte VkKeyScan(char ch);

const uint WM_CHAR = 0x0102;

private void buttonSend_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
            {
                Process[] procs = Process.GetProcessesByName("hl2");
                foreach (Process proc in procs)
                {
                    // look for the program
                    if (proc.ProcessName.ToUpper() == "HL2")
                    {
                        // get handle to the program's editable window
                        IntPtr hWnd = FindWindow("Valve001", "Team Fortress 2");

PostMessage(hWnd, WM_CHAR, (int)Keys.Space, 0);

break;
                    }
                }
            }

}
    }
    The test program was a simple form with just a button. When the button was clicked, it searches for any "HL2" program. When it finds that program, it gets the handle to the window with a class of 'Valve001' and a title of 'Team Fortress 2'. The class name 'Valve001' was obtained using Winspy++.

I don't know how useful this is to you since it is C#, and also an actual program as opposed to a script.
    Even more so than my last code, I would be very very very wary of using a method such as this. It is only getting much closer to being an actual type of injection / third party hack - especially since it's now an actual program - and it will most likely be detected by Valve much faster than just a VBS script sending a key to the active window. Again, I am not liable for how you use this code and the consequences you may face from using it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #2577

July 2013
    56 Posts
    I can't seem to send you a PM so here's my public n00bing:

============ PM to Centurion ============

So I'm trying to muddle through some C# I wonder if you can help.

(I haven't tested this to see if it actually works, just testing to see if i get errors because my C# is shit)

So here is how my sample powershell script, attempting to embed c# code
    Code:
    Add-Type @"
    using System;
    public class WinMan {
        public static extern bool ShowWindowAsync(IntPtr hWnd, int nCmdShow); 

[DllImport("user32.dll", CharSet = CharSet.Unicode)]
        public static extern IntPtr FindWindow(string lpClassName, string lpWindowName);

[DllImport("user32.dll", EntryPoint = "PostMessageA")]
        public static extern bool PostMessage(IntPtr hWnd, uint msg, int wParam, int lParam);

public static extern byte VkKeyScan(char ch);

public const uint WM_CHAR = 0x0102;

public const uint KEY_SPACE = 0;

public void DoStuff() {
           //put code in here to find tf2 window, send space, etc
        }

}

"@

#1. This does not throw an error, but not ideal way to call function
    [WinMan]::PostMessage([WinMan]::FindWindow("Valve001", "Team Fortress 2"),[WinMan]::WM_CHAR,[WinMan]::KEY_SPACE,0)

#2. This throws error cannot find method 'DoStuff'
    [WinMan]::DoStuff()
    If I could get #2 to just call the function i'd put in your code in the c# and do it that way. But if not, all i need then is a value for KEY_SPACE and I can use #1. (int)Keys.Space throws an error. Also do i need VkKeyScan?

I just want the basic C# code for sending "space". I can do the error checking/process handling in powershell. i can call stuff from the c# class object like you see above.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #2578
    July 2013
    19 Posts
    The VkKeyScan was used before I did Keys.Space. The way it works is that you would do VkKeyScan('SomeKey') to return the byte value for that key. E.g. VkKeyScan('C') would return the byte value for the C key.

Here is a link that could be useful for you: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms927178.aspx

As seen on there, the value for VK_SPACE is 20.

In regards to it not calling the method, I'm not entirely sure why it'd give an error. I'm honestly not familiar with PowerShell at all. However, my best guess would be to try and make it 'public static void DoStuff()'.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

19. Post #2579

July 2013
    56 Posts
    Thanks! That did the trick. However, it just doesn't work, doesn't send space to TF2.

I don't know how to copy and paste your original script above and run it. I'd like to see if that even works for me.

Heres what I got. See if you can spot anything. I tried changing variable types to see if that makes a difference. Otherwise, I give up.
    Code:
    Add-Type @"
    using System;
    public class WinMan {
        [DllImport("user32.dll")] //, CharSet = CharSet.Unicode)]
        public static extern IntPtr FindWindow(string lpClassName, string lpWindowName);

[DllImport("user32.dll")] //, EntryPoint = "PostMessageA")]
        public static extern bool PostMessage(IntPtr hWnd, uint msg, uint wParam, int lParam);

public static extern bool SendMessage(IntPtr hWnd, uint Msg, uint wParam, int lParam);

public const uint WM_CHAR = 0x0102;

public const uint VK_SPACE = 0x0020;

public static bool DoStuff() {
            IntPtr hWnd = FindWindow("Valve001", "Team Fortress 2");
            //return SendMessage(hWnd,0x0102,0x0020,0);
            return PostMessage(hWnd, WM_CHAR, VK_SPACE, 0);
        }
    }
    "@

[WinMan]::DoStuff()
    You can copy and paste that into notepad, save as script.ps1 and open cmd (or powershell console) and run like this:
    powershell -NoExit -NoProfile -NoLogo -NonInteractive -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File script.ps1

also, PostMessage returns true, SendMessage returns false.

Thanks for everything! But this looks like a dead end :(

20. Post #2580
    July 2013
    19 Posts
    I saved it to a .ps1 file and used the launch command in a .bat file. It seemed to work fine for me.

Try implementing the VkKeyScan code again and instead of sending the VK_SPACE keystroke, try sending VkKeyScan('C') to send the C key or something (just open the chat / console in TF2 before doing it so it'll log there of course).
    That worked for me as well, and if it works for you, then perhaps the keycode for Space is different for you somehow. (I have no idea why or how that'd be plausible but hell who knows).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #2581

July 2013
    56 Posts
    So it works and it doesn't work. When chat or console is open, the "space" is sent. But when say, the select class screen is up, nothing happens. (Currently, in my window in focus version, "Space" will default to Heavy)

I did have a New Item screen earlier and nothing happened when I was testing. I imagine if space does nothing on class select screen it also does nothing for New Item screen.

Any ideas!?

22. Post #2582
    July 2013
    19 Posts
    I have that issue too and I just fixed it.

Use: public const uint WM_KEYDOWN = 0x0100;

And in the PostMessage, change it to WM_KEYDOWN instead of WM_CHAR.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #2583

July 2013
    56 Posts
    I have that issue too and I just fixed it.

Use: public const uint WM_KEYDOWN = 0x0100;

And in the PostMessage, change it to WM_KEYDOWN instead of WM_CHAR.
    Success! I will post my entire setup after I do a night of testing :) This will be very nice if i can have all this run in the scope of another user.

I owe you!

Edited:

xGUTSx is a grumpy gus
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #2584

July 2013
    56 Posts
    Here is my new and improved PowerIdle! Whats new? No more window focus stealing! It can be run as another logged in user!

!! This is for TF2 players who want a little extra spending ref. Not for big time traders looking to make real $$$ !!

If you're using my old PowerIdle you have to disable/delete the entry in your Windows Task Scheduler. The new PowerIdle does not use Task Scheduler anymore.

I will post all the code (for the curious and/or paranoid) and a link for download. Usual caveats apply: Use at your own risk!

** See next post for updated code **

Special thanks to Centurion for supplying me with the finishing touch!

(PS: Any tips appreciated. Always looking for ways to lower CPU/Memory usage)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #2585

July 2013
    56 Posts
    I updated the code. Minimizes TF2 for better CPU performance.

ReadMe.txt
    Code:
    PowerIdle works by using powershell to automatically launch TF2 and cycle through
    your steam idle accounts. Its based on a two week cycle. The more accounts you have,
    the less amount of time each will idle for.
     7 idles = 48hr idle period
    14 idles = 24hr idle period

Step-by-step:
    1. Get any old PC, laptop or netbook and install TF2 
    2. Extract contents of PowerIdle.zip (anywhere you want, or C:\PowerIdle\)
    3. Modify PowerIdle.ini with notepad and list your idle accounts. EG (User:Password)
    4. Run PowerIdle.cmd

If you get any errors try updating to the latest version of PowerShell.
    PowerIdle.ps1
    Code:
    $LoopPeriod = 336 # Hours, 336 = 2 weeks.
    $TF2Args = "-w 640 -h 480 -dxlevel 81  -nosound -novid -nojoy -nohltv -low -sw"

if (!$PSScriptRoot) { $PSScriptRoot = split-path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition }
    $Host.PrivateData.ProgressForegroundColor = "Gray";
    $Host.PrivateData.ProgressBackgroundColor = "Black"
    [Console]::CursorVisible = $false
    [Console]::Beep()
    Write-Progress -Activity "PowerIdle" -status "Starting PowerIdle ... " -PercentComplete 0
    Add-Type @"
        using System;
        public class CModules {
            public static extern bool SendMessage(IntPtr hWnd, int msg, int wParam, int lParam);
        }
    "@
    gwmi Win32_Process | Where { ($_.Name -eq "hl2.exe") -or ($_.Name -eq "steam.exe") -or 
    (($_.Name -eq "powershell.exe") -and ($_.handle -ne $PID) -and ($_.CommandLine -match "PowerIdle" ) ) } | % {
        Stop-Process $_.handle
    }
    $SteamDir = @{$true="$env:ProgramFiles\Steam";$false="${env:ProgramFiles(x86)}\Steam";}[$env:PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE -eq "x86"]
    Copy-Item $PSScriptRoot\PowerIdle.cfg "$SteamDir\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\cfg\"
    $IdleUsers = @(Get-Content $PSScriptRoot\PowerIdle.ini)
    $IdlePeriod,$Epoch = ($LoopPeriod / $IdleUsers.Count),[datetime]"7/10/2014"
    Do{ $Now = (Get-Date).ToUniversalTime() 
        if ($Now -gt $ShortCheck) { 
            $Index = ( (($Now - $Epoch).TotalHours) % $LoopPeriod ) / $IdlePeriod
            $Steam,$TF2 = Get-Process -Name steam,hl2 -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue | Sort ProcessName -Descending
            if ($IdleKey -ne ($IdleKey = [Math]::floor($Index))) { $Restart = $true }
            elseif (!$Steam -or ($Steam.MainWindowTitle -eq "Ready - Team Fortress 2")) { $Restart = $true } 
            elseif ($Steam.MainWindowTitle -eq "Updating Team Fortress 2") { $Status = "TF2 is updating" } 
            elseif (!$TF2) {
                if ($Retries++ -ge 10) { $Restart = $true } #Its been 30-50min and still no TF2.  Restart Idler.
                $Status = "Waiting for TF2 ($Retries/10 attempts)"; 
            } elseif ($TF2) {
                $Retries = 10 # If TF2 Crashes, Restart Idler immediately
                [CModules]::SendMessage($TF2.MainWindowHandle,0x112,0xF020,0)  | Out-Null #Minimize
                0x0100,0x0101 | % { [CModules]::SendMessage($TF2.MainWindowHandle,$_,0x0020,0) } | Out-Null #keydown,keyup
                $Status = "TF2 is idling" 
            }
            $IdleTime = [Math]::ceiling(($IdlePeriod - ($IdlePeriod * ($Percent=$Index - $IdleKey)))*3600)
            $ShortCheck = $Now.AddSeconds( @{$true=$IdleTime;$false=Get-Random -Minimum 180 -Maximum 300}[$IdleTime -lt 300] )
        }
        if ($Restart) {
            Stop-Process -Name steam,hl2 -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue | Sort ProcessName
            $Restart,$Retries = $false,0
            $Username,$Password = $IdleUsers[$IdleKey].Split(":")
            $SteamArgs = "-login $Username $Password -applaunch 440 $TF2Args +exec PowerIdle.cfg"
            $Status = "Starting TF2"
            Start-Process -WorkingDirectory $SteamDir -FilePath Steam.exe -ArgumentList $SteamArgs -WindowStyle Minimized
        }
        $ITD = New-TimeSpan -Seconds ($IdleTime--) | % { '{0:00}:{1:00}:{2:00}' -f ($_.Hours+($_.Days*24)),$_.Minutes,$_.Seconds} 
        $STD = New-TimeSpan -Seconds ($ShortCheck - $Now).TotalSeconds | % { '{0:0}:{1:00}' -f $_.Minutes,$_.Seconds} 
        $Activity = "PowerIdle :: $Username [ Next idle in $ITD ]"
        Write-Progress -Activity $Activity -Status "$Status [ Next status update in $STD ]" -PercentComplete ($Percent*100)
    } While (!(Sleep 1))
    Download Link: http://barrett.teamroundhouse.com/sh...owerIdleV4.zip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

26. Post #2586
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    333 Posts
    Your *.exe is a shortcut... seriously?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #2587

July 2013
    56 Posts
    lol... its a shortcut to an exe... i changed it from cmd.exe... cause all i've done is a script
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

28. Post #2588

July 2014
    40 Posts
    Can anyone confirm that this isn't a virus or something? I don't really want to type in my steam username and password, I'm afraid it might be a phishing thing or something :[
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #2589

July 2013
    56 Posts
    Jackson: Perfectly reasonable concern! But if you go back through this thread for the last year you'll see people giving feedback, none of it related to scamming!

(With steam guard is it much of a concern?)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

30. Post #2590

August 2008
    13 Posts
    Since the most recent updates 3-4 days ago, my alts in my VMs cant trade. Anyone else having this problem? They are still getting drops, but I have to shut them off and start them up again without using the batch file for me to be able to trade their stuff around.
    PS, here is my typical bat file.
    "start /low C:\Steam\Steam.exe -login username password -applaunch 440 -novid -nosound -noipx -nopreload -nohltv -dxlevel 8 -sw -width 640 -height 480 +map itemtest"

BTW, I have recently noticed a new process called "steamwebhelper.exe" Not sure how long that's been around but I still have the same problems even if I disable that app.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

31. Post #2591
    September 2012
    66 Posts
    Can anyone confirm that this isn't a virus or something? I don't really want to type in my steam username and password, I'm afraid it might be a phishing thing or something :[
    Remember that your account should be steamguard protected! If it is, they'd need your sentryfile in order to actually log in ;)

PS: That isn't saying you can just give your details out anywhere, just that you have an extra layer of security incase something happens
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #2592
    Ask me about my vore fetish.
    February 2012
    1,602 Posts
    Sorry for the small bump, but I can successfully idle with 1 TF2 account via VMWare, no crashes or disconnects overnight. But as soon as I clone it and run any multiples (2~3) they all end up timing out and softlocking except for the original, which just times out.

I'm using Throwaway1's method.

What do I need to do to fix this? Or what could be a problem? They each have 512MB of RAM and running normal Windows XP SP3 (No nLite)

Should I try doing a fresh install using the nLite version? Could that be the issue?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

33. Post #2593

August 2014
    1 Posts
    Hi guys. I'm not good at English, so I read this forum via google translate.
    Could you explain the points (1. 2. 3. 4. etc), how to get started properly and safely idle at the moment?
    Example 5-15 copies of the game. RAM 8GB.
    Thank you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Late Late x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #2594

July 2012
    68 Posts
    After last update throwaway's method is not working for me anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Czech Republic Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)