1. Post #2601

September 2013
    12 Posts
    After the latest update, I can't join my server (running achievement_idle map).

Error message reads "Host_Error: CL_RegisterResources: host_state.worldmodel/cl.GetModel( 1 )==NULL".

Damn you, Gaben :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox New Zealand Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

2. Post #2602

October 2014
    2 Posts
    del
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 New Opera Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

3. Post #2603

August 2014
    127 Posts
    it's easy but do you have enough money for electricity?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Philippines Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

4. Post #2604

April 2011
    18 Posts
    After the latest update, I can't join my server (running achievement_idle map).

Error message reads "Host_Error: CL_RegisterResources: host_state.worldmodel/cl.GetModel( 1 )==NULL".

Damn you, Gaben :(
    Removing -nopreload launch option might fix that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #2605

September 2013
    12 Posts
    Removing -nopreload launch option might fix that.
    Thanks. Appreciate the reply. I tried this, but still can't join my server though since the recent patch :(

****Anyone else still working, or has Gaben finally killed idling for good?****

If anyone has any ideas for a fix, my settings are:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 440 -dev -novid -nojoy -nosound -dxlevel 80 -w 640 -h 480 -sw +sv_cheats 1 +fps_max 10 +cl_showfps 1 +cl_hud_playerclass_use_playermodel 0 +password [my password] +connect [serveraddress]

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox New Zealand Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #2606
    October 2012
    15 Posts
    ****Anyone else still working, or has Gaben finally killed idling for good?****
    I can imagine it'd be like watching a horribly mutilated man crawling on the ground, begging to finish him off. Gaben is very ruthless.
    Anyhoo, peopled moved on to CSGO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

7. Post #2607

July 2013
    59 Posts
    It appears I've stopped getting drops within the last couple of weeks. Anybody know of anything thats changed?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

8. Post #2608

July 2013
    202 Posts
    A couple of my alts have not gotten drops in a few weeks. Another alt didn't get any drops last week but got drops this week and I've seen that happen from time to time. (edited)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

9. Post #2609

October 2015
    1 Posts
    All my idling alts have not had any drops for a few weeks now, but my main account gets the usual amount.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #2610
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    2,647 Posts
    Is it not obvious? This is dead, and it has been for a while. You're not getting any help from the guy who made this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

11. Post #2611

July 2013
    202 Posts
    You could try deleting the clientregistry.blob file and see if that fixes the drops issue. I'm going to try that but it could (will?) affect multiple accounts and may not solve your issue. For the record I don't use the idle tool but I am curious about people's experience with idling.

(edit) and on 1 of the accounts I immediately got a drop after connecting.
    (2nd edit) Both accounts now have drops again. So far so good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #2612
    Dennab
    October 2015
    74 Posts
    broken reply

13. Post #2613
    July 2010
    1,716 Posts
    Please stop reviving a dead thread.

It's been well known that TF2 idling was fixed. In order to get drops, you actually have to play the game now (as it counts kills etc as "Active gameplay". Just using +attack doesn't work FYI. You've got to actually show signs of gameplay (capping points/objectives etc).

In order to get drops, you have to get points as if playing - so just sitting on an idle server will do nothing (which is why your alts have stopped getting drops).

They use the same system in CS:GO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #2614

February 2012
    27 Posts
    Please stop reviving a dead thread.

It's been well known that TF2 idling was fixed. In order to get drops, you actually have to play the game now (as it counts kills etc as "Active gameplay". Just using +attack doesn't work FYI. You've got to actually show signs of gameplay (capping points/objectives etc).

In order to get drops, you have to get points as if playing - so just sitting on an idle server will do nothing (which is why your alts have stopped getting drops).

They use the same system in CS:GO.
    Stop talking out of your butt. That is not true at all. Idling while being a spectator works just fine. Using VMware and autohotkey to accept items works.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Romania Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #2615

July 2013
    202 Posts
    Yeah, you don't need to play to get drops- when I fixed my alt that didn't get drops for a month, I joined a server and immediately got a crate/weapon drop. That doesn't happen that often but you definitely do not need to "score points" to get drops. Doing +attack seems to be a thing of trying to get additional kills for your stranges (or maybe to not get kicked from servers for not being active but that's unnecessary on idle servers) but I've never had to do that to get drops.

There's obviously interest in this subject. I see nothing wrong with responding to a slow thread like this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #2616

July 2013
    59 Posts
    It appears I've stopped getting drops within the last couple of weeks. Anybody know of anything thats changed?
    I dunno what happened but my alts are getting drops again!

The script I posted a few pages back still works as is ^_^
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

17. Post #2617

July 2012
    70 Posts
    Hey everyone,

hope you all are having nice drops and holidays (except for you "xPOOPx" - no offense... It's just you are pathetic. Had to be done).

Anyhoo, It's been quite a while since my alts stopped receiving rare drops such as hats, paints,... I used to get at least 10 hats a week.
    Anybody is experiencing the same "issue"?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Czech Republic Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

18. Post #2618
    October 2015
    162 Posts
    Hey everyone,

hope you all are having nice drops and holidays (except for you "xPOOPx" - no offense... It's just you are pathetic. Had to be done).

Anyhoo, It's been quite a while since my alts stopped receiving rare drops such as hats, paints,... I used to get at least 10 hats a week.
    Anybody is experiencing the same "issue"?
    I don't think hats drop anymore starting from Gun Mettle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #2619
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    2,647 Posts
    I still can't understand why people come here for help. This program is DEAD, and the creator is long gone. Team Fortress 2 has several anti-idling add-ins now, starting from June 2013. That's 2 and a half years ago. Please, do not come here for help. You're not gonna get it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #2620
    December 2014
    610 Posts
    I still can't understand why people come here for help. This program is DEAD, and the creator is long gone. Team Fortress 2 has several anti-idling add-ins now, starting from June 2013. That's 1 and a half years ago. Please, do not come here for help. You're not gonna get it.
    1 and a half years ago? boi it's almost 2016
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #2621
    November 2014
    345 Posts
    I still can't understand why people come here for help. This program is DEAD, and the creator is long gone. Team Fortress 2 has several anti-idling add-ins now, starting from June 2013. That's 1 and a half years ago. Please, do not come here for help. You're not gonna get it.
    Can we ask mods to close this thread somehow?

Mods, i ask you to close this thread. Please.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Ukraine Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #2622

July 2013
    202 Posts
    Hats stopped dropping sometime in the spring. I recall a SPUF thread noticed that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Chrome United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

23. Post #2623
    April 2011
    173 Posts
    Hats stopped dropping somewhere in the beginning of this year. It took me a while to be sure before i posted this:

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?...ome-more-rare/

Also the people that complain about this thread not being relevant anymore is nonsense. Since a lot of people who used to come here for idling when it was still big time a few people keep coming here if they need help because chances are people who know the answer to your question are likely to be found here. Makes sense to me....

If admins do deceide to close this thread i suggest they open a new general idling thread and make one final post that links to that new thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #2624

July 2012
    70 Posts
    Hats stopped dropping somewhere in the beginning of this year. It took me a while to be sure before i posted this:

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?...ome-more-rare/

Also the people that complain about this thread not being relevant anymore is nonsense. Since a lot of people who used to come here for idling when it was still big time a few people keep coming here if they need help because chances are people who know the answer to your question are likely to be found here. Makes sense to me....

If admins do deceide to close this thread i suggest they open a new general idling thread and make one final post that links to that new thread.
    Thank you for the further clarification, Eraserhead23. (y)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Czech Republic Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)