1. Post #1
    Bonk Boy! NaNaNaNaNa...
    July 2006
    865 Posts
    >>Download TFMV 1.2.8b<<

>>>TFMV Guide<<

TFMV is a tool that lets you easily setup and to load mutiple models/items to a TF2 character or a custom model and preview in the model viewer HLMV.
    Easily load models, workshop items, vpk, qc, mdl, test paints, clipping, take screenshots, etc just in a few clicks.

TFMV uses the TF2 item list (aka "schema") and the backpack icons so its always up to date to let you load any recent items added in TF2, click "download schema" to get the latest item list.

This tool was originally intended for workshop contributors and modders to test/develop items, however it has also been improved for ease of use for players who want to test loadouts.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Winner Winner x 62Useful Useful x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    仕方が無い
    April 2012
    4,248 Posts
    I love you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 19Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    June 2012
    837 Posts
    I got the directory and all set up, but when HLMV opens it immediately stops responding, I need some help.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    May 2011
    1,450 Posts
    How do you remove the head for body-modifying hats? I tried the Filamental but the pyro's head is still there so overlaps.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    May 2013
    2,127 Posts
    How do you remove the head for body-modifying hats? I tried the Filamental but the pyro's head is still there so overlaps.
    That's in the HLMV window. Go to the "Model" tab, and change the "Submodel" value.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Judging people just because of their avatars/titles is RETARDED
    March 2011
    8,724 Posts
    Doesn't seem to be loading the model at all including the cosmetics. Sorry, first timer here.
    I did the beta, it says it needs a directory.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    August 2012
    375 Posts
    Doesn't seem to be loading the model at all including the cosmetics. Sorry, first timer here.
    Same here, I'm not familiar with this kind of stuff. How do you set up HLMV?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    June 2012
    837 Posts
    Under settings, hit detect next to the Steam directory box

9. Post #9
    Bonk Boy! NaNaNaNaNa...
    July 2006
    865 Posts
    All these crashes are related to the sdkbeta_tools not being properly installled/setup, launching the set_sdk_env.bat located in the folder Steam\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\bin should normally set the environment variable so the sdk tools pick up the game path, but it doesn't seem to work right now, who knows why, Valve? it works for some users but not others :/

If anyone knows more about this issue with the sdktools beta let us know please.

10. Post #10
    January 2013
    195 Posts
    It is not working. Sorry I am kinda a noob with these type of things.
    edit got it to work but I ran into more problems
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Bonk Boy! NaNaNaNaNa...
    July 2006
    865 Posts
    It is not working. Sorry I am kinda a noob with these type of things.
    It will not load paints of items that are not paintable.

But try this first before you do paints

12. Post #12
    January 2013
    195 Posts
    It will not load paints of items that are not paintable.

But try this first before you do paints
    Ok thanks, I do it and this comes up I have had this problem were the models never load, this happens in sfm also.

Edited:

Ok thanks, I do it and this comes up I have had this problem were the models never load, this happens in sfm also.
    Rewatched the video and got it!

13. Post #13
    Bonk Boy! NaNaNaNaNa...
    July 2006
    865 Posts
    TFMV cannot control HLMV completly, hence you have to manually load the player model everytime its launched.

File > Recent Models > First model in the list

14. Post #14
    January 2013
    195 Posts
    TFMV cannot control HLMV completly, hence you have to manually load the player model everytime its launched.

File > Recent Models > First model in the list

I will try to make this the last question, I am really sorry if this is a waste of time for you but why is it that the stock hats stay on

15. Post #15
    August 2012
    3,470 Posts
    I will try to make this the last question, I am really sorry if this is a waste of time for you but why is it that the stock hats stay on
    Go to the model tab in hlmv and select a bodygroup iirc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    November 2010
    4 Posts
    It doesn't seem that the vmt styles aren't working for it because this Fast Learner is supposed to be in Winter Style

And here is the main TFMV window itself

17. Post #17
    January 2013
    195 Posts
    Ok so I started doing some of the request, where can I find all class items //edit got it

18. Post #18
    Bonk Boy! NaNaNaNaNa...
    July 2006
    865 Posts
    It doesn't seem that the vmt styles aren't working for it because this Fast Learner is supposed to be in Winter Style

Apparently only the styles for the first model seem to be working, I'll have to fix that bug and post fix sometime this week end.

Ok so I started doing some of the request, where can I find all class items //edit got it
    Bottom left, uncheck the box :

19. Post #19
    September 2012
    76 Posts
    A "virus" was detected in the download, so I had to cancel the download. :(
    I'm not kidding. Normally it doesn't do this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    3,530 Posts
    Yes! An update! Thanks BANG!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lebanon Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    January 2013
    195 Posts
    I would like to say thanks once again BANG!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    3,530 Posts
    Hey, paints doesn't seem to work for me. I did everything i had to do, but it's always painted white. Can someone tell me what's wrong?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    3,525 Posts
    Good job on all your hardwork BANG!

24. Post #24

February 2012
    116 Posts
    Great job, now for every kind of request, i'll try to help you guys
    Oh btw, i'm Ste ヅ

25. Post #25
    Bonk Boy! NaNaNaNaNa...
    July 2006
    865 Posts
    Hey, paints doesn't seem to work for me. I did everything i had to do, but it's always painted white. Can someone tell me what's wrong?
    Edit: solved, kinda.

It looks like some VPK mods can cause the paints to not work in HLMV, it seems to be the lightwarp mods, so you can either remove that mod temporarily or more easily rename your "custom" folder (in Steam\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf) to something else like "custom_" and create another customfolder so that should be empty, then run TFMV and paints should work.
    I could have TFMV do that every time you use paints, however that's a bad idea, if TFMV was to crash it wouldn't rename the original custom folder with the mods and if the user doesn't know this he won't know what happened.

26. Post #26
    December 2012
    2,479 Posts
    This program creates monsters.

27. Post #27

February 2012
    116 Posts

You can temporarily fix this problem. What you have to do is change the color of the first style listed, then click over the name of the style you want (for example scout_prep_shirt_style01.vmt), copy everything, click over the first style listed (scout_prep_shirt.vmt) delete everything and paste there. Then save, remember to keep checked the first style listed and not the style you want to see, update paints and then Loadout to HLMV

28. Post #28
    January 2012
    14 Posts
    How do you remove the default hats for classes, i.e. the Scout and Sniper? They always load up with the other cosmetics. This also happens to the Pyro when using head group miscs, like the Last Breathe, with it clipping with the default head.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

29. Post #29

February 2012
    116 Posts
    How do you remove the default hats for classes, i.e. the Scout and Sniper? They always load up with the other cosmetics. This also happens to the Pyro when using head group miscs, like the Last Breathe, with it clipping with the default head.
    In the HLMV, go in the model tab and from that menu select the bodygroup you want to change/remove

30. Post #30
    August 2012
    3,470 Posts
    Umm, Bang...

I...think you forgot to change the default path
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Bonk Boy! NaNaNaNaNa...
    July 2006
    865 Posts
    Umm, Bang...

I...think you forgot to change the default path
    Oh snap! thanks I have reset those on the download

32. Post #32
    August 2012
    3,470 Posts
    Is there any way to change between model styles (like the Robot Chicken hat), or is it not supported yet?

33. Post #33
    January 2013
    195 Posts
    Once you have your loadout go to the models tab and change the model of the item
    If the hat conflicts there will be a tab that says HAT and just change the model to 2

Edited:

Is there any way to change between model styles (like the Robot Chicken hat), or is it not supported yet?
    Yes you can change the styles of hats, you have to go to paints, and there you will see the options to change your styles, but first you have to load paints and then the options will show up. Once you select the new style click update paints.

34. Post #34
    August 2012
    3,470 Posts
    Edited:

Yes you can change the styles of hats, you have to go to paints, and there you will see the options to change your styles, but first you have to load paints and then the options will show up. Once you select the new style click update paints.
    It only works for items with different textures, like the shirt you showed. For items with different models, like the Front Runner, those options don't show up. I know I can manually load the item (if only I knew the name of the specific files), but I was wondering if there's going to be an automated way of doing it in the future.

35. Post #35
    January 2012
    720 Posts
    So I've been making loadouts and such, and it's been working fine until now. I'm getting a message that says I need to opt in to TF2 SDK Tools Beta to use TFMV. Now, I've opted in, but I still an't open it, I get the same message. What can I do to fix it, and why was it working before, and not now?
    Here's the window that pops up, by the way.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    12,102 Posts
    Unless it does styles by bodygroups you just have to load a different model for the style
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brunei Darussalam Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37

February 2012
    116 Posts
    So I've been making loadouts and such, and it's been working fine until now. I'm getting a message that says I need to opt in to TF2 SDK Tools Beta to use TFMV. Now, I've opted in, but I still an't open it, I get the same message. What can I do to fix it, and why was it working before, and not now?
    Here's the window that pops up, by the way.
    Try going to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\bin then find a file called set_sdk_env.bat and run it. It should fix it (thanks to BANG for this hint)

It's not supported yet, because in your case there's a different model. To find it you can use GCFScape.
    The path is always models/player/items (with GCFScape you have to open team fortress 2 materials.gcf). Then take a look at the name the item has in the TFMV (as_robot_chicken_pyro.mdl), it's an all class hat so go in the all_class folder with GCFScape and find it. Normally the second style has something more in its name, in our case infact the beckless Robot Chicken Hat is the as_robot_chicken_pyro_b.mdl file. Now go in the TFMV and write models/player/items/all_class/as_robot_chicken_pyro_b.mdl.

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    5,249 Posts
    Tried the new version, I have to say really impressed, it saves me a lot of time to make images, is a wonderful all-in-one tool. Easy to install and use, I got not problems using it.

Also, I have two suggestion for the future:
    1) Instead of a .jpg it should make a .png when someone click the screenshot button, it makes lose quality in the image, for now I use the one in HLMV.
    2) You should include an option to replace the fire overlay texture with a transparent one, so people doesn't have to do that manually.

Have 2 quick loadout I made:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 3Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    December 2009
    23 Posts
    Unfortunately, I cannot set the Steam directory. I have my TF2 installed on an external hard drive, since I have limited space on my main one. This has caused some difficulties with the program finding the tf folder. My path looks like this:

G:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf

Is the program built to handle external TF2 installations?

40. Post #40
    Bonk Boy! NaNaNaNaNa...
    July 2006
    865 Posts
    Unfortunately, I cannot set the Steam directory. I have my TF2 installed on an external hard drive, since I have limited space on my main one. This has caused some difficulties with the program finding the tf folder. My path looks like this:

G:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf

Is the program built to handle external TF2 installations?
    Oh yeah I should have thought of that one, I added a button so you can manually define the TF2 directory.

Tried the new version, I have to say really impressed, it saves me a lot of time to make images, is a wonderful all-in-one tool. Easy to install and use, I got not problems using it.

Also, I have two suggestion for the future:
    1) Instead of a .jpg it should make a .png when someone click the screenshot button, it makes lose quality in the image, for now I use the one in HLMV.
    2) You should include an option to replace the fire overlay texture with a transparent one, so people doesn't have to do that manually.

Have 2 quick loadout I made:

Thanks, those lightwarps are neat for screenshots!

1) I added so you can save as png, however TFMV is not using the HLMV screenshot function which doesn't work on many computers and can't access through TFMV anyways, instead takes a screenshot from the windows hence its not possible to get the alpha channel.

2)Can you show an example of this issue? would it need to edit player models materials as well or the hat only?

>>Download TFMV 1.2.1<<
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)