1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    4,348 Posts
    Post last edited 25 November 2016. It's been three years, and most of us have gone our separate ways. Please refrain from contacting any of the people behind this hackjob in an effort for tech support. Thanks!

HALF-LIFE 2: SURVIVOR Ver2.0

We now have a Steam Group!
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/hl2survivorpc

There's a model pack for Garry's Mod and the SFM:
    GMod Edition
    SFM Edition filehost does not exist anymore, files presumed lost forever

For anyone who just wanted the map files, here they are:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3Mm...it?usp=sharing

To fully run Survivor, you will need the following:
    1. Ben1066's fixed binaries: Mirror (17.7 MB)
    2. The complete Half-Life 2: Survivor Ver2.0 Content Dump: Torrent (2.7 GB, compressed in 7z format)
    For the straight HTTP uploads being unavailable I've uploaded it to mega twice now, and put my own mirror up (for HTTP).

mega.co.nz (1)
    mega.co.nz (2)
    glitchvid.com
    ^ This costs me, so use it sparingly.
    3. Pre-2007 Half-Life 2 materials, models, and sounds
    The vpk files you want to extract are located here:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Source SDK Base\vpks

And these are the names of the vpk files you need to extract:
    depot_206_dir.vpk
    depot_207_dir.vpk
    depot_208_dir.vpk
    Before you post in the thread, please note that the screen resolution for this game is LOCKED at 1366x768, as that was the resolution of the screen of the original cabinet. Please do not ask in the thread about how to change this, it's impossible.

Once you have all that handy, follow the Readme instructions included with the fixed binaries and you'll soon be knee deep in Japanese Half-Life 2. Here's a small taste of what's on offer:

supersoldier58 and danielmm8888 have gotten Half-Life 2: Survivor to actually work multiplayer! And we have a nice video to show off, with a tutorial to compliment. The video would have been uploaded sooner, but FRAPs was a nasty piece of software in the process, regardless, Half-Life 2: Survivor is actually really easy to set up in multiplayer! Here's what they did:

Start a multiplayer match as you would normally with the bots and everything (using the survivor menu, no console stuff) and once you loaded and you can move around, use your debug console and type in disconnect (possibly twice). Here is what you do from there in step form:
    1. type maxplayers 2 (or however many you need) in console
    2. type net_start in console
    3. type sv_lan 0 in console
    4. type map (what map you want) in console
    5. once loaded, type heartbeat in console
    6. Kick the bots (it's hard since they have really strange names, but I usually just select all and copy in the debug console, and select their names to copy so I can kick from there) using status > kick "bot name"
    7. tell the non host's to connect (host ip with hamachi)
    You need hamachi for this to work, it's really easy to set up. As far as I know the host of hamachi should also host the survivor match.
    ALSO: Some of that stuff up there might not be needed, supersoldier58 and danielmm8888 did this for testing purposes, feel free to make the steps up there more efficient!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Winner x 42Funny x 4Artistic x 2Friendly x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    556 Posts
    -snip, link died-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Luxembourg Show Events Winner x 9Agree x 1Friendly x 1Late x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member

August 2009
    2,249 Posts
    So does anyone want to get a match going? Also can someone else be host, right now my internet is being a pain. So yeah, just post whether or not you want to get a match going and we can see if we get enough people.
    Repost from the discussion thread, but this offer still stands, seems strange the "lost Half-Life game" is finally out but nobody wants to get a match on the go. Would be fun to play with quite a few real people, not just bots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Shit
    On
    Shit
    March 2013
    18,658 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,172 Posts
    I did everything the readme said, the game is all pink and black and with wires everywhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Shit
    On
    Shit
    March 2013
    18,658 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    4,348 Posts
    In the event of an error, the program shuts off the computer.
    Marphy, is there a way to cut this out of the game?

Oh wait, Ben said he'd retry to remove that "feature"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #8
    May 2013
    93 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    Dr. Conro J. Norock, Robot Sarcasm Master
    July 2007
    7,797 Posts
    None of the japanese text is showing up on my end. It's just a bunch of ?!?!

Are there some files I need for my computer?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    1,551 Posts
    In the event of an error, the program shuts off the computer.
    Marphy, is there a way to cut this out of the game?
    Ben1066 said he might be able to do something about this, so I defer to his knowledge.

I'm curious to know, though, where do you experience these crashes when playing? If it's during Story Mode, pepper314's fixes may address that problem.

None of the japanese text is showing up on my end. It's just a bunch of ?!?!

Are there some files I need for my computer?
    In order to make the text display correctly, you need to set your OS language to Japanese or use a program like AppLocale. However, I have not personally tested either option, so I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Late Late x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    9 Posts
    Will try to play. Thanks for thread.

12. Post #12

July 2012
    26 Posts
    ok so have problem with step 2 Extract the pre-2007 Half-Life 2 materials, models, and sounds to
    the corresponding "HL2AC\hl2\" materials, models, and sounds folders.
    Do NOT overwrite any files.
    what is that even mean that i like have to extracted but not put on hl2 folder? i dont understand this (im russian)
    btw i but all this files on hl2 folder slash excrated stell crashes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    June 2013
    29 Posts
    Put that XP patch in the OP too, someone might need it:
    These binaries MAY work on xp, overwrite those that are in the original set, you still need some of the others. I have tried on Windows 8 and they are functional, but I don't have an XP machine to test on.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/1f...4ql/xpbins.zip

I'm curious to know, though, where do you experience these crashes when playing? If it's during Story Mode, pepper314's fixes may address that problem.
    As someone already said, just hold down F1 and you will get a "Coin error". Unfixed story mode doesn't crash the game though, it just hangs.

Do NOT overwrite any files.
    what is that even mean that i like have to extracted but not put on hl2 folder? i dont understand this (im russian)
    btw i but all this files on hl2 folder slash excrated stell crashes
    That means "не перезаписывай те файлы, которые уже лежат в тех папках", but I still overwrited them and everything was fine, so no idea why are you crashing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Latvia Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

14. Post #14

July 2012
    26 Posts
    ha ok one more questien to i have to extrat the source sdk base 2006 files or 2007 or just source sdk base?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    June 2013
    29 Posts
    ha ok one more questien to i have to extrat the source sdk base 2006 files or 2007 or just source sdk base?
    You can get full copies of the old GCFs by downloading Source SDK Base 2006.
    I guess you have to extract source materials.gcf , source models.gcf, and source sounds.gcf that come with SDK2006.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    556 Posts
    Also, does anyone know how to fix this problem?

When I try to use the default resolution though, it says "failed to set video mode - resetting to defaults" and changes it into a big-ass resolution where I can't see 95% of the menu/hud/movies
    Also, I'm up for a Battle game

Edited:

Ben1066 said he might be able to do something about this, so I defer to his knowledge.

The same thing happened to me when I put too many coins before the attract intro; it just displays "COIN ERROR" and shuts down the computer.

During or after the attract intro though, the error never happens, no matter how many coins I put in.

17. Post #17
    December 2012
    2,541 Posts
    I can't seem to press Yes when it asks to continue. The game only lets me select No. I want to continue to play story mode dammit!

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2010
    566 Posts
    I can't seem to press Yes when it asks to continue. The game only lets me select No. I want to continue to play story mode dammit!
    Are you using your arrow keys to select it?
    Did you insert more credits?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Croatia Show Events Zing Zing x 6 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,488 Posts
    I'm in love with mission mode, it's just so fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2010
    566 Posts
    Well I've tried playing the retail HL2 maps in this. Some maps load fine, others just crash.

21. Post #21
    December 2012
    2,541 Posts
    Are you using your arrow keys to select it?
    Did you insert more credits?
    Oh. That makes sense.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    4,348 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Useful Useful x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Shit
    On
    Shit
    March 2013
    18,658 Posts
    Not a bad idea (OP should make group)

24. Post #24
    December 2012
    2,541 Posts
    "we are porting survivor to PC"

survivor was built for a PC. (and is already working on PCs)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Zing Zing x 2Dumb Dumb x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

25. Post #25

July 2012
    26 Posts
    now im haveing problem with the full screen and its not really that full screen its just showes game on the top left i blame console debug on this one but maybe i wrong help meh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    April 2011
    1,138 Posts
    "we are porting survivor to PC"

it's been ported to PC..
    It was already on a PC. Well on Windows XP Embedded.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Zing Zing x 7 (list)

27. Post #27

July 2012
    26 Posts
    and also in battle mode there is only one map you can play? cuz i show in the demo mode there is more maps
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    April 2011
    1,138 Posts
    and also in battle mode there is only one map you can play? cuz i show in the demo mode there is more maps
    Responding to this, yeah I don't know how to select a different map.

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2010
    566 Posts
    Has anyone figured out how to customize player models?

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    7,732 Posts
    if you can figure out the maplist.txt try to use changelevel in console after you've loaded the gamemode

31. Post #31

July 2012
    26 Posts
    the problem that I HAVE NO IDEA how to use maplist

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2010
    566 Posts
    the problem that I HAVE NO IDEA how to use maplist
    Well the game doesn't even seem to use the maplist.txt. The maplist only seems to contain the default HL2 DM maps, which aren't used by battle mode.

Anyway, does anyone wanna play battle mode?

Edited:

Oh god you can dual wield RPGs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Croatia Show Events Funny Funny x 7Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    December 2012
    2,541 Posts
    In 6 minutes does anyone want to watch me playthrough Story Mode?

Agree and Disagree for yes and no.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Agree Agree x 6 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2010
    566 Posts
    Holy crap there's hundreds of weapons in this game, jesus christ.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Croatia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    December 2012
    2,541 Posts
    http://www.twitch.tv/sfc100

we're starting soon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    April 2011
    1,138 Posts
    Well the game doesn't even seem to use the maplist.txt. The maplist only seems to contain the default HL2 DM maps, which aren't used by battle mode.

Anyway, does anyone wanna play battle mode?

Edited:

Oh god you can dual wield RPGs
    How the fuck can you dual wield RPG's?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2010
    566 Posts
    How the fuck can you dual wield RPG's?
    http://i.imgur.com/fpWXSVM.jpg

And that's just one of the weapons that you can't normally access in Battle mode.
    Back when NESYS worked, you could unlock weapons, unlock skins, and customize your loadout.

Edited:

http://i.imgur.com/HChZCye.jpg
    Here's a weapon that you can use to make shields.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Croatia Show Events Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    December 2012
    2,541 Posts

And that's just one of the weapons that you can't normally access in Battle mode.
    Back when NESYS worked, you could unlock weapons, unlock skins, and customize your loadout.
    http://translate.google.com/translat...6channel%3Drcs

NESYS is Taito's online service.

39. Post #39
    April 2011
    1,138 Posts

Edited:

http://i.imgur.com/HChZCye.jpg
    Here's a weapon that you can use to make shields.
    The P-shield is a default weapon for snipers right?

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2010
    566 Posts
    I was talking about the NESYS card system, and the Half-Life 2 Survivor Camp.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Croatia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)