1. Post #1

July 2013
    25 Posts
    I just used around 2 000 seconds to make 60 grenades, but how many do I need to open 1 metall door?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    July 2013
    181 Posts
    Only c4 can destroy metal doors, i think.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3

September 2013
    26 Posts
    1 IIRC. The trick is getting them in the right position to blow them up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    September 2013
    55 Posts
    Only c4 can destroy metal doors, i think.
    Ah surely not. I'm sure if you have enough food for a good enough stint you can axe it down.
    I would like to know about the grenade situation though as some dude stole my house and explosives
    Would make my daily trololo and wall knocking down easier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Ireland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    April 2008
    107 Posts
    I think i read once its around 13-16 direct hits to destroy a metal door.

6. Post #6
    September 2013
    127 Posts
    A guy near my base said he threw 20 grenades at a metal door and nothing happened.

7. Post #7
    September 2013
    301 Posts
    A guy near my base said he threw 20 grenades at a metal door and nothing happened.
    I guess it has a lot more to do with proper aiming and luck than grenade count.

8. Post #8
    September 2013
    60 Posts
    I guess, actually you can't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    January 2012
    1,252 Posts
    Before C4, it took 8 grenades to take down a door.

10. Post #10
    May 2009
    314 Posts
    Grenades do NOT effect metal doors anymore you can test it for your self as I did.

Just make a stack of grenades throw them all at a metal door (or so it explodes right on top of it) and then with metal scraps in your quickbar try to repair it. You will notice no matter how many grenades you blow up on a metal door it takes no damage. They do not seem to effect walls either like the wiki says.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Facepunch Staff
    October 2010
    233 Posts
    Just thought i'd mention that with all explosives in rust currently, more damage is applied the closer the blast radius is to the center of the object. I personally think we should probably change it to distance to surface but anyways, i think 8 grenades sounds right it may be more or less depending again on if they go off twards the center of bounds or not.

If grenades aren't taking down metal doors it would probably be a bug. i think
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    September 2013
    301 Posts
    Just thought i'd mention that with all explosives in rust currently, more damage is applied the closer the blast radius is to the center of the object. I personally think we should probably change it to distance to surface but anyways, i think 8 grenades sounds right it may be more or less depending again on if they go off twards the center of bounds or not.

If grenades aren't taking down metal doors it would probably be a bug. i think
    Grenades are way to easy to craft and 8 per door is not too much in my opinion :/

Cheers !

13. Post #13

October 2013
    2 Posts
    So is this still legit? We used 18 grenades on a metal door last night and didn't break it.
    Granted a few fell through the floor but most of them exploded right at the base of the door in the middle.

14. Post #14

October 2013
    405 Posts
    Don't know about metal doors, but supposedly 15-20 will take out a wood wall. Throwing them to rest against something without them bouncing off is the real trick.

15. Post #15
    Dennab
    January 2014
    1 Posts
    Grenades do only 8-20 damage per hit (20 being a perfect hit) to structures. You'll average around 9-12 damage per grenade. You can place a wood crate near the wall and roll a grenade onto it for good positioning.
    wood walls: 1000 durability
    metal doors: 2000 durability

c4 can do about 1000 damage if placed perfectly (direct middle).

16. Post #16
    December 2013
    23 Posts
    It takes 11. Look it up on the Rust wiki.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #17

January 2014
    295 Posts
    killed a door last night with about 12 nades

18. Post #18

January 2014
    114 Posts
    Grenades do only 8-20 damage per hit (20 being a perfect hit) to structures. You'll average around 9-12 damage per grenade. You can place a wood crate near the wall and roll a grenade onto it for good positioning.
    wood walls: 1000 durability
    metal doors: 2000 durability

c4 can do about 1000 damage if placed perfectly (direct middle).
    So by your damage calculations, then 167 nades? That does not sound correct bro!

19. Post #19

December 2013
    91 Posts
    last time i was using grenades it was 13, next time i fucked up and it was like 15 because i placed wrong the first ones

20. Post #20

September 2013
    63 Posts
    It takes 11. Look it up on the Rust wiki.
    Because if it's on the internet it has to be the truth?

21. Post #21

December 2013
    71 Posts
    So by your damage calculations, then 167 nades? That does not sound correct bro!
    he probably meant to say they do 80-200 damage. that means that with PERFECTLY thrown grenades you could destroy a door with 5, however if you average 100 damage per grenade then it'll take around 10 (which matches with everyone's personal experiences in this thread: 8, 11, 12, etc)

22. Post #22
    September 2013
    268 Posts
    *cough* http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1315394 *cough*

Recently updated with Grenade stats.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23

December 2013
    51 Posts
    Took me 15 indirect hits on a metal door. Not sure how much decay there was prior to getting blown open.