1. Post #1
    October 2013
    13 Posts
    Hey,
    fellow Alpha Testers,
    I seem to come across a certain error and i was wondering, has anyone else had their steam version of rust, crash every time it reaches the screen that reads "Activating Rust_Island_2013"
    I bought the game like 10-15 days ago and first the unity crashed every time i tried to play and now this isn't working either, it's just a shame as I haven't been able to play it yet. Oh well, I'm sure it will all be straightened out soon enough,either way, thanks for all the effort and work, Garry and team, you've made a great game, or so I can tell from the Youtube videos :P Who knows, maybe it's just this peice of shit laptop i have?
    But, just curious to see if anyone is actually getting the same issue as me, or if i'm just fucking retarded... would love to hear opinions! (not on if I'm retarded haha, on if this is my own problem, or a common problem.)
    Cheers guys
    -Zedex

2. Post #2
    October 2012
    1,377 Posts
    PC specs and unity version please.

3. Post #3

October 2013
    9 Posts
    Hey,
    fellow Alpha Testers,
    I seem to come across a certain error and i was wondering, has anyone else had their steam version of rust, crash every time it reaches the screen that reads "Activating Rust_Island_2013"
    I bought the game like 10-15 days ago and first the unity crashed every time i tried to play and now this isn't working either, it's just a shame as I haven't been able to play it yet. Oh well, I'm sure it will all be straightened out soon enough,either way, thanks for all the effort and work, Garry and team, you've made a great game, or so I can tell from the Youtube videos :P Who knows, maybe it's just this peice of shit laptop i have?
    But, just curious to see if anyone is actually getting the same issue as me, or if i'm just fucking retarded... would love to hear opinions! (not on if I'm retarded haha, on if this is my own problem, or a common problem.)
    Cheers guys
    -Zedex
    Yes!! I get this every single time I try to play. I have yet to try this game yet.

4. Post #4
    October 2013
    13 Posts
    How do i get the specs? Cause im running on a school laptop and so i imagine they arent great, and the unity, I just had the latest version, i uninstalled it and redownloaded and reinstalled it a few times, cause that's what the threads said worked, but since its on steam, does unity matter anymore?

5. Post #5
    October 2012
    1,377 Posts
    Use this and post a screenshot.

http://www.piriform.com/speccy

6. Post #6
    October 2013
    13 Posts
    Yes!! I get this every single time I try to play. I have yet to try this game yet.
    Well it sure is nice to know I'm not alone!

Edited:

PC specs and unity version please.
    Prepare to be blown away at how bad this thing is...[IMG]specs.jpg[/IMG]

Edited:

How do i post a picture *___*

Edited:

Use this and post a screenshot.

http://www.piriform.com/speccy
    Operating System
    Windows 7 Professional 32-bit SP1
    CPU
    Intel Core i3 370M @ 2.40GHz 50 C
    Arrandale 32nm Technology
    RAM
    4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 533MHz (7-7-7-20)
    Motherboard
    Acer TravelMate 8372 (CPU) 7 C
    Graphics
    Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
    Intel HD Graphics (Acer Incorporated [ALI])
    Hard Drives
    298GB Hitachi HTS545032B9A300 (SATA) 35 C
    Optical Drives
    HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GU10N
    IVEN 6JO9EN0DUF0P SCSI CdRom Device
    Audio
    Conexant High Definition Audio

7. Post #7

October 2013
    112 Posts
    It's not even meant to be used yet , and you are suprised it doesn't work?

8. Post #8
    October 2013
    13 Posts
    No, just curious as to why it works for some but not for me, is all.

9. Post #9
    October 2012
    1,377 Posts
    Intel HD graphics, give up.

10. Post #10
    October 2013
    13 Posts
    I warned you mate :P, Would that be a reason?

11. Post #11
    October 2012
    1,377 Posts
    It's possible, but by and large you won't be playing even if you get past activating.

12. Post #12
    October 2013
    13 Posts
    The IT at my school literally removes the graphics card if our laptops come with one.
    and i wont be able to buy a new gaming PC for at least a few months

Edited:

well, thanks for clearing that up, that's a downer, but at least we found all the clues.
    thanks for your help man

13. Post #13
    October 2013
    93 Posts
    No official release, no support.
    The webplayer works, right?

14. Post #14
    October 2013
    13 Posts
    No official release, no support.
    The webplayer works, right?
    Nope, the webplayer would load to 100% and just sit there saying Rust alpha test :P Also, i have friends who told me they got it on steam but i didn't know how to so they sent me the link so i just assumed it was official release :P my bad