1. Post #1
    I like to constantly remind everyone that I do illegal drugs. I squeeze it into all posts.
    October 2006
    4,163 Posts

GRAND TRAVERSE -- Meet George Golubovskis - the homeless man who's running for Mayor of Traverse City.
    Golubovskis posted a video of himself on YouTube announcing his campaign and has since tallied 1,215 views.

In the video, he talks issues ranging from the Open Space to the Farmer's Market.
    "We could be the most creative community on the Great Lakes," Golubovskis said. "And the thing is - it's not just creativity and the arts and entertainment centers. It's also creativity with the high tech that's coming to town."
    He promises to get a beard trim, a hair cut and some updated clothing, if elected.
    http://www.upnorthlive.com/news/stor...6#.UnQmn5DD_0w

I just saw this on the news tonight, what do you guys think?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Winner Winner x 80Dumb Dumb x 6Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    July 2009
    5,753 Posts
    He promises to get a beard trim, a hair cut and some updated clothing, if elected.
    More empty promises in politics.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny x 130Agree x 2Optimistic x 1Zing x 1Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    3,011 Posts
    If he does have the qualifications in the article, I don't see why homelessness should be a issue for him unless you need an address to run for the position.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 35 (list)

4. Post #4
    Why so Sirius?
    April 2009
    1,831 Posts
    Do it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    18,465 Posts
    lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 74Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    3,379 Posts
    Correct me if I'm wrong but you have to have residency to run for an elected office as far as I know, so since he's homeless, he technically isn't a resident of the state.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    ask me about my title
    August 2009
    2,760 Posts
    Correct me if I'm wrong but you have to have residency to run for an elected office as far as I know, so since he's homeless, he technically isn't a resident of the state.
    He'd probably put down a homeless shelter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,357 Posts
    He'd still do a better job than my mayor, at least he's not on crack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny x 19Optimistic x 3Zing x 1Friendly x 1Agree x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    I regularly throw pity parties.
    August 2010
    12,512 Posts
    The Street, MI XXXXX

10. Post #10
    October 2013
    46 Posts
    I think it would be interesting to see this happen, due to the fact of being more for the lower class then helping the upper class.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,405 Posts
    Heh, Traverse City. I used to live there a long time ago.

Edited:

The Cherry Festival was the shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,963 Posts
    If he were to get elected, I would hope his entire campaign wouldn't focus solely on homeless-related topics. Not saying it's a bad cause, not at all, but it's frustrating when someone enters office and only focuses on one thing that they personally feel strongly about, and offers very little support for other important and current matters...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

13. Post #13
    September 2007
    3,255 Posts
    I'm fairly sure you can be listed as a transient resident of your state for things like this. Maybe I'm wrong or it's specific to WA though.

14. Post #14

June 2011
    334 Posts

I thought it was a homeless Michelin man :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    "Only through the elimination of violence can we achieve world peace." - Y.K. Kim
    August 2009
    7,789 Posts
    Is it you, breakyourfac?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    January 2010
    3,949 Posts
    The main problem with politics nowadays is that they all come from or have lots of money, usually because they own businesses on the side which tend to "thrive" whenever they get into power ( we all know why ) this makes them out of touch with the harsh reality that alot of people in this world live in, so i whole heartedly agree with this man.

17. Post #17
    Fluttershy Enthusiast
    June 2011
    6,167 Posts
    Cubemanv is from new york actually, not michigan. Big oopsy in title&article.

If he were to get elected, I would hope his entire campaign wouldn't focus solely on homeless-related topics. Not saying it's a bad cause, not at all, but it's frustrating when someone enters office and only focuses on one thing that they personally feel strongly about, and offers very little support for other important and current matters...
    I'd rather him focus only on something he cares about and knows about, rather than just doing other things that he has no idea about/doesn't give a shit about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    I love my country, but I'm ashamed of my government.
    February 2010
    699 Posts
    To be a governor you have to live in your state. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if he's homeless then he doesn't have a registered address, thus he doesn't technically live in Michigan.

Still very interesting to see. I would love to see him in an election.

19. Post #19
    May 2012
    1,475 Posts
    Heh, Traverse City. I used to live there a long time ago.

Edited:

The Cherry Festival was the shit
    people in my city used to cross the border for that shit every year.

20. Post #20
    I like to constantly remind everyone that I do illegal drugs. I squeeze it into all posts.
    October 2006
    4,163 Posts
    people in my city used to cross the border for that shit every year.
    No way? That's cool as hell and I only live an hour away, I guess I better go next year if its that cool.

21. Post #21
    Here
    Dennab
    March 2013
    14,801 Posts
    If he has supporters he can move in with them right?

22. Post #22
    May 2012
    1,475 Posts
    No way? That's cool as hell and I only live an hour away, I guess I better go next year if its that cool.
    well most people would go for the dual purpose of that and buying stuff without spending their life savings on canadian taxes. I don't know if the festival is good or not but people in my town going there is nothing to go by.