1. Post #1

August 2013
    26 Posts
    Firstly I'm not sure if this has already been posted and if it has I'm sorry.

So I decided to travel onto the massive mountain in the north and noticed there was more land / trees / hills... I decided to travel there it took me over 30 mins if not longer travelling around kinda lost track of time. There are only trees nothing else spawns. Just shows how massive this game is going to be.

Anyway here are the screenshots of my "adventure"

Server: [Dev]CookieMonsterPK

Welcome to rust's Current map:

This is the other side of the mountain:

These are random screenshots from the other side:

Sorry if some of the pictures are slightly of the same place was just trying to get across the massive size of the map, I'm not even sure if you could reach this area in the past patches? would be nice to know though.

Sorry if the thread isn't the best, Enjoy and thanks for your time :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    December 2013
    45 Posts
    nice =D

3. Post #3
    December 2013
    86 Posts
    Nice, would be a good idea to implement a basic map and compass though, one that does not show your location you need to work it out yourself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4

August 2013
    26 Posts
    Nice, would be a good idea to implement a basic map and compass though, one that does not show your location you need to work it out yourself.
    I totally agree something craftable maybe? when I first started I got lost alot took me a few days of playing to get used to it. This extra part of the map if/when it comes into release properly new players and existing will get lost easily

5. Post #5
    December 2013
    86 Posts
    I totally agree something craftable maybe? when I first started I got lost alot took me a few days of playing to get used to it. This extra part of the map if/when it comes into release properly new players and existing will get lost easily
    Yeah, should be craftable. Maybe using metal shard (magnetic) to craft a compass and animal hides and charcoal to create a basic map, nothing fancy but you can upgrade it to include more details. I am totally opposed to having a map show your location though, it should be as basic as possible.

6. Post #6

November 2013
    205 Posts
    Last night I circled the entire map as well looking for a team of raiders. I followed the coast all the way around and I am amazed at how large this map is for the Unity engine. The road that circles the main building areas is probably around 1/10th of the entire map. The size is easily equal to that of DayZ or WarZ' map. I do hope the developers plan to expand more prefabricated buildings in the future to those areas. It seems like such a waste of map knowing that a majority of players are not even aware of all the flat open locations to build on.

7. Post #7

December 2013
    128 Posts
    Right now the game map is kind of tiny, when they add resources into these deserted areas it'll be actually very big. Looking good!

8. Post #8
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,691 Posts
    The current level is 256 square kilometers, but we're constraining players to a tiny area of about 6.

The future level will be 64 square kilometers but everything will be used.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply France Show Events Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #9

November 2013
    18 Posts
    We won't even be using this map when the game goes live.

10. Post #10

December 2013
    198 Posts
    We won't even be using this map when the game goes live.
    Any idea on what map they will be using? Will their be a use for the sea, if their is any of course. :)

11. Post #11

August 2013
    26 Posts
    The current level is 256 square kilometers, but we're constraining players to a tiny area of about 6.

Thats pretty cool to hear how big the map will end up being, thanks for the reply :D

12. Post #12

November 2013
    205 Posts

Fantastic news. Do you have any plans to add additional structures for flavor that are not just simple buildings? For example a school yard, airport, military base, shopping mall as well as random "clutter" to fill in the endless empty fields. All of these structures would be decayed of course to keep with the feel of Rust.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #13

December 2013
    39 Posts
    Any idea on what map they will be using? Will their be a use for the sea, if their is any of course. :)
    You mean other than kill you when you go skinny-dipping? :x

14. Post #14

August 2013
    26 Posts
    Yeah uses of lakes or the sea would be pretty cool? unless they put in some lore like its toxic then its understandable :D

15. Post #15

December 2013
    198 Posts
    Well, i thought maybe give the m4 brandishing greiffers a nuclear sub or something heheh.

Fishing would be cool.

16. Post #16
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,691 Posts
    Yeah uses of lakes or the sea would be pretty cool? unless they put in some lore like its toxic then its understandable :D
    The sea is more than likely irradiated!

17. Post #17

August 2013
    26 Posts
    The sea is more than likely irradiated!
    Explains why our naked bodies can't withstand the sea :(

18. Post #18
    September 2013
    134 Posts

Any idea of a time frame in which this might be added? I'd love a larger area to explore and it would help with server lag I'd think since everyone wouldn't be building their bases in the same areas.

19. Post #19
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,691 Posts
    Any idea of a time frame in which this might be added? I'd love a larger area to explore and it would help with server lag I'd think since everyone wouldn't be building their bases in the same areas.
    None at the moment, sorry.

20. Post #20
    December 2013
    86 Posts
    Any idea if fishing will be in this game? Maybe a hint?

21. Post #21

August 2013
    26 Posts
    Just to add as well if anyone wanted to travel to the other side of the mountain there is no resources however you can build pretty much anywhere there

22. Post #22
    November 2013
    64 Posts
    64kmē its a lot of space to "populate" with buildings, cities, etc, my bet is that a map from this size will take a really long time to be made.

23. Post #23

August 2013
    26 Posts
    64kmē its a lot of space to "populate" with buildings, cities, etc, my bet is that a map from this size will take a really long time to be made.
    It might take alot of time to create but after viewing all that extra space and knowing that it will be 64km and current is only a little 6 just makes me even more happier that I've got this game and cant wait for the final release however long it takes :D