1. Post #1
    January 2012
    361 Posts
    http://www.businessinsider.com/coca-...rish-ad-2014-1

The UK and Norwegian versions of the ad showed a joyous wedding celebration of a marriage between two men, but the Irish gay publication Eile Magazine noticed the scene was missing from the ad when it was brought to Ireland. Instead, the Irish version showed an interracial marriage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Funny x 27Friendly x 8Winner x 5Informative x 3Optimistic x 2Dumb x 2Zing x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    17,331 Posts
    That's odd, but I can't say I'm that surprised.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,373 Posts
    Probably because gay marriage is illegal here and there's a referendum coming up. Coca Cola probably don't want to appear to support either side.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 48Informative Informative x 10Friendly Friendly x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    May 2012
    5,308 Posts
    So they used a different marketing tactic in a market where they believed it would get better results. So what?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 33Zing Zing x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    17,331 Posts
    Probably because gay marriage is illegal here and there's a referendum coming up. Coca Cola probably don't want to appear to support either side.
    Well the marketing team's job is to do proper marketing so modifying their ads to fit the target demographic is kind of a given, even if it involves dodging sensible issues.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    August 2010
    6,572 Posts
    Gay marriage is still a highly controversial topic in Ireland, not surprised they want to stay as neutral as possible while still conveying the same message (interracial marriage is more widely accepted, but still).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    oh shit, it really says i payed 10.00. Im so fucked. im crying. we are gonna be poor.
    April 2005
    9,638 Posts
    They might be similar ads, but they're different. Both have some completely different scenes.

It's really just a media beat up, and that's it.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,661 Posts
    Considering how Catholic the irish population is I suppose it would be more accepted

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    1,869 Posts
    Regardless of the multicultural\sexual messages, Those ads are so poorly made.. What happened Coca ' Cola, did you fire your marketing team and replace them with monkeys smoking cigarettes?

10. Post #10
    As a wise man once said: Never ask Fatfatfatty for computer advice
    March 2009
    13,246 Posts
    Reminds me of
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 31Late Late x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    17,331 Posts
    Reminds me of
    Didn't someone make an edit of this that replaced everyone's face with hugh jackman's ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    13,075 Posts
    Reminds me of
    He turned into mitt romney
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 5 (list)

13. Post #13
    ~gay boi~
    July 2010
    14,440 Posts
    Considering how Catholic the irish population is I suppose it would be more accepted
    Most of the younger population doesn't have a religion, at most would say they believe in a God but aren't any more religious than that.
    High rates of Catholicism is an Irish stereotype that will soon no longer be valid, it's phasing out with the passing devout elderly and people with more to worry about than church.

Edited:

Not to mention all the child abuse scandals that have recently come to light.

Edited:

Now that news has come about it unfortunately makes them seem against it, which is most likely not the case.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    24,153 Posts
    Regardless of the multicultural\sexual messages, Those ads are so poorly made.. What happened Coca ' Cola, did you fire your marketing team and replace them with monkeys smoking cigarettes?

Nowadays an ad featuring a monkey drinking coke would come under fire from dozens of animal wrongs groups.

15. Post #15
    Oh no, what have I done!
    November 2007
    21,756 Posts
    Nowadays an ad featuring a monkey drinking coke would come under fire from dozens of animal wrongs groups.
    i'd be more concerned with an ad showing a human drinking coke because coke is basically semi-edible battery acid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Funny Funny x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    24,153 Posts
    i'd be more concerned with an ad showing a human drinking coke because coke is basically semi-edible battery acid.
    It's 2014, nothing is good for you, just enjoy life and quit worrying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Zing Zing x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Oh no, what have I done!
    November 2007
    21,756 Posts
    It's 2014, nothing is good for you, just enjoy life and quit worrying.
    you go ahead and do that. i'll be here laughing at you while i'm perfectly safe in my gigantic, germ-proof hamster ball.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 20Dumb Dumb x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    April 2009
    1,153 Posts
    you go ahead and do that. i'll be here laughing at you while i'm perfectly safe in my gigantic, germ-proof hamster ball.
    What if you have to use the bathroom? Or fap?

19. Post #19
    I love bestiality!
    May 2009
    4,832 Posts
    What if you have to use the bathroom? Or fap?
    personally, i love laying in a ball of my own fluids
    tasty

Edited:

smells good too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    November 2013
    1,970 Posts
    90% of my liquid intake has been coke ever since I was 6 years old.

Why am I not even close to being fat?

My brothers too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,385 Posts

My brothers too.
    breaking: not all humans are the same

more at 11
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    9,822 Posts
    I really hope that advertisements aren't suddenly held to the same diversity standards that say... school textbooks are.

Although it was always fun to get a new textbook and play "find the cripple"
    There was always at least one crippled kid in any textbook with pictures of people.
    Always.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,891 Posts

My brothers too.
    coke does a lot more damage than just putting weight on you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    3,211 Posts

My brothers too.
    You eat like a bird?

25. Post #25
    December 2013
    29 Posts
    -snip-

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    12,829 Posts

Lovin' this web photo from Funnp.Com

27. Post #27
    The ad in the article:
    I like it because it has the same values and view of life as I do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    4,146 Posts
    I'm not sure what's better about the advert: being told to 'believe' by a company that has union activists murdered, or the lone acoustic guitar accompaniment being shown for a song with, as far as I can tell, no acoustic guitar parts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,719 Posts

My brothers too.
    Who cares if you're fat, there's a sizable chance you'll get pancreatic cancer if you resume that habit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)