1. Post #4441
    I HAVE SEVERE AUTISM AND IM FRIENDS WITH BRONYS
    April 2006
    4,528 Posts
    Is it me or does Darryl keep looking more and more cgi?
    Probably getting ready for his role in Death Stranding...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

2. Post #4442
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    5,770 Posts
    issue 164 spoilers:

omg Negan and Rick bonding and Sherry about to strike Alexandria. Pretty excited to see them fight. Carl going to flank them, Negan and Dwight are going to be on the same side against Sherry.    

3. Post #4443
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    13,638 Posts
    Issue 164 was fucking fantastic! I loved the dialogue between Rick and Negan, the character development was rich, interesting and for the most part well-written.

Hate to be that guy, and I get that saying "fuck" is Negan's thing, but when he said "any-fuck-fucking-fuckity-way" I actually kind of winced. It really sticks out because that dialogue was actually really serious and it kind of broke the immersion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4444
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    1,954 Posts
    Issue 164 was fucking fantastic! I loved the dialogue between Rick and Negan, the character development was rich, interesting and for the most part well-written.

Hate to be that guy, and I get that saying "fuck" is Negan's thing, but when he said "any-fuck-fucking-fuckity-way" I actually kind of winced. It really sticks out because that dialogue was actually really serious and it kind of broke the immersion.
    i feel that's just a part of negan's character. he dislikes getting real serious and sappy, so he throws silly swear words to make up for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

5. Post #4445
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    13,638 Posts
    This is fucking embarrassing if I've already posted this, but I just got an AWESOME variant cover for 164 and I feel like posting my Walking Dead collection.

Didn't even know that this was a thing until my comic shop friend set one aside for me.

My wall of individual issues I started buying when I moved to the city.

Got the first cover signed for my girlfriend back in 2014 at Fan Expo Canada, Tony Moore's a bro and it's not the only cover he's signed that I own

Girlfriend picked this one up at Fan Expo the year before.

Not to mention that I have the first eight hardcover collections, which I'm planning on getting over time, but for now, I just want to get the individual issues as they come out.

Also, and I KNOW I've posted this before, but I fucking love the Whisperer War variant banner that I got over the past six months, it's probably my favorite.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

6. Post #4446
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,360 Posts
    I really need to catch up with the comics, I've read up to vol. 25 as I recall.

lost interest in the TV series a while back unfortunately. decided to give it another go recently with the episode where    Tara wakes up on a beach and runs into a group of survivors    and it just bored me.

7. Post #4447
    November 2014
    117 Posts
    I really need to catch up with the comics, I've read up to vol. 25 as I recall.

lost interest in the TV series a while back unfortunately. decided to give it another go recently with the episode where    Tara wakes up on a beach and runs into a group of survivors    and it just bored me.
    To be fair that episode was pretty awful and is probably the worst episode of this season so far. The rest of the season hasn't been too bad though. Little bit more filler than I'd like, but not horrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #4448
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    13,638 Posts
    The Tara episode this season might have been my least favorite episode ever tbh

at least since season 3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #4449
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,903 Posts
    Why is carl smoking a fucking cigarette in that cover
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #4450
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    13,638 Posts
    Why is carl smoking a fucking cigarette in that cover
    Your guess is as good as mine. I got a kick out of it too.

11. Post #4451
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,576 Posts
    Is that the semi from Smokey and the Bandit?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #4452
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    5,770 Posts
    Decent episode. Think next week's will be better seems like we're going to get the

(comic spoilers)
        Beginning of Dwight turning on Negan? hopefully. Looks like Negan is questioning him and there's a clip of Dwight getting mad. The Talking Dead preview looks like it wasn't Dwight who helped Daryl escape, so I'm guessing Sherry helped Daryl escape.

So to protect Sherry Dwight is going to turn! can't wait.  

13. Post #4453
    FUN
    POLICE
    I am incapable
    of understanding
    anything related
    to humor
    PLEASE IGNORE MY
    OBLIVIOUS POSTS
    November 2008
    23,340 Posts
    Oh there was an episode tonight...woops

14. Post #4454
    November 2014
    1,827 Posts
    I missed it as well. How could I

15. Post #4455
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    13,638 Posts
    Meh, the episode was okay.

They really need to get the fuck back on track.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #4456
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    6,920 Posts
    Thought it was pretty padded out and somewhat dull.

The Junk people are too sureal and awkward for me to to suspend my disbelief either   

Also I don't get why it decided to become Silent Hill.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #4457
    February 2014
    781 Posts
    Man, Jerry's great

Love Jerry
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

18. Post #4458
    CUNT DESTROYER
    August 2008
    11,687 Posts
    My whole family was like "it's been how many years since the apocalypse started and they've devolved into literal garbage people that barely speak english?"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #4459
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    13,638 Posts
    Also what the fuck am I remembering wrong or did they not show how Rick killed the Mad Max walker? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose or designing the fight scene that way?

Also, Rick fucking    impaled his hand through a spike and rubbed it all over a bunch of rotting garbage    and he doesn't really seem affected by it at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

20. Post #4460
    Tabasco Lord
    September 2005
    12,505 Posts
    Also what the fuck am I remembering wrong or did they not show how Rick killed the Mad Max walker? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose or designing the fight scene that way?

Also, Rick fucking    impaled his hand through a spike and rubbed it all over a bunch of rotting garbage    and he doesn't really seem affected by it at all.
    Yeah, they didn't show anything, was hoping to see Rick shove a sharp object through the roof of its mouth or something but nope. They didn't show a thing.

21. Post #4461
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    5,770 Posts
    They showed him stabbing it, but from the walker's POV looking at Rick. Should have at least showed the start of it from Rick's POV.

He     decapitated it. When there's an overhead shot you can see the head is pretty far away from the body    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #4462
    /////////
    April 2011
    9,411 Posts

whenever negan randomly swears without any context or reasoning, I like to imagine him saying it like its a nervous tick or tourette's syndrome or something

23. Post #4463
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,958 Posts
       Why did they have Rick make such a dog's ass of the armoured zombie encounter? Half expected 'Jadis' to tell him to shove his deal   

24. Post #4464
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,164 Posts
    whenever negan randomly swears without any context or reasoning, I like to imagine him saying it like its a nervous tick or tourette's syndrome or something
    This actually makes sense if you take into account no one would have the balls to point it out or mock him.

25. Post #4465
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,390 Posts
       The junk people were pretty dumb.   

They need to get back on track, they're running out of good gimmicks for survivor communities.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #4466
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,927 Posts
    Junk people really made me cringe. I mean    Show him up up up? Who in their right mind says that   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #4467
    SUPER DUPER
    March 2008
    6,651 Posts
    Junk people really made me cringe. I mean    Show him up up up? Who in their right mind says that   
    i dont think any of them were in their right mind
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

28. Post #4468
    January 2011
    507 Posts
    finally started watching season 7
       i got spoiled on glenn's death before i even started watching the series but holy fuck, that scene absolutely caught me off guard with how brutal it was   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Poland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

29. Post #4469
    June 2008
    612 Posts
    what in the fuck am i watching
       i'm half expecting frank fucking reynolds to crawl out of the trash and introduce himself as the leader of the inbred mullet trashmen   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

30. Post #4470
    TAIWANESE v.2
    May 2011
    2,498 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 17Funny Funny x 2 (list)

31. Post #4471
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    13,638 Posts
    Yeah that green screen was laughably bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

32. Post #4472
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    5,422 Posts
    The junkyard gang are worse than I feared. Whenever TWD does TV-only fillter content, they always manage to miss the mark completely and come up with a completely unbelievable, tonally inconsistent setting or group. Think back to the hospital in atlanta and how none of that made any sense and was all really dumb.

Why have these junk yard dwelling people lost their ability to communicate properly? Is it acting? Is it drugs? Is it a cult-like personality? How are there so many of them, and why haven't the saviors found them yet? Surely when they (leaked spoilers)     inevitably betray Rick and Co for the saviors, their numbers would drastically change the war against Ricks favor, again?     How do they all live in the trash? Isn't living in the apocalypse hard enough without adding in the conditions of a garbage dump? What do they eat? How did there get to be so many of them?

It feels like the writers just thought that because The Kingdom was this huge place full of people acting weirdly, that they can make any place full of people acting weirdly. But the garbage pail kids somehow manage to stick out even more than The Kingdom does. The worst part about this all, is that we're going to spend the entire rest of the season wasting time with this group, only getting back on track at the season finale.

IMO the episodes themselves have been getting better and better. The show never dips as low as it did in season 2. But their pacing and insistence on filler content is ruining the storyline. How many people are still going to be gripped on the war when season 8 rolls around, when they haven't even started it yet?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #4473
    Dennab
    January 2016
    1,444 Posts
    The junkyard gang are worse than I feared. Whenever TWD does TV-only fillter content, they always manage to miss the mark completely and come up with a completely unbelievable, tonally inconsistent setting or group. Think back to the hospital in atlanta and how none of that made any sense and was all really dumb.

Why have these junk yard dwelling people lost their ability to communicate properly? Is it acting? Is it drugs? Is it a cult-like personality? How are there so many of them, and why haven't the saviors found them yet? Surely when they (leaked spoilers)     inevitably betray Rick and Co for the saviors, their numbers would drastically change the war against Ricks favor, again?     How do they all live in the trash? Isn't living in the apocalypse hard enough without adding in the conditions of a garbage dump? What do they eat? How did there get to be so many of them?

It feels like the writers just thought that because The Kingdom was this huge place full of people acting weirdly, that they can make any place full of people acting weirdly. But the garbage pail kids somehow manage to stick out even more than The Kingdom does. The worst part about this all, is that we're going to spend the entire rest of the season wasting time with this group, only getting back on track at the season finale.

IMO the episodes themselves have been getting better and better. The show never dips as low as it did in season 2. But their pacing and insistence on filler content is ruining the storyline. How many people are still going to be gripped on the war when season 8 rolls around, when they haven't even started it yet?
    Wait what you put in the spoilers is going to happen?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #4474
    CUNT DESTROYER
    August 2008
    11,687 Posts

The thing about the Kingdom comparison is it actually makes sense, there is a decent explanation for it. Unless there is some similar type revelation about the trash people and not-Mila Jovovich I'm going to continue to think it's stupid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #4475
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    13,638 Posts
    I just want season eight, I don't like all the fucking meandering and we're gonna get at least two more episodes like these.

I'm just so bored how do you stretch out exciting material this fucking much omg

Edited:

We're ten episodes in and we've had like four episodes of material.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #4476
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    5,770 Posts
    The scavengers just feel severely unnecessary. Takes away from how the comic set up Dwight and The Kingdom. And I doubt the scavengers make it past the war. And if the finale spoilers are true it's just like why?? They want filler, but the source material had enough to expand on without adding scavengers.

The one thing I like is TV Sherry. I'm guessing it has to be her who helped Daryl, and I can't wait till we get to the point we are at in the comics to see her character be able to     betray     Rick and Daryl in the show.

37. Post #4477
    November 2014
    1,827 Posts
    Why isn't this show about zombies anymore?

38. Post #4478
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    5,422 Posts
    Why isn't this show about zombies anymore?
    It's kind of the long running point that the show was never really about the zombies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

39. Post #4479
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    4,076 Posts
    Is it just me or is FTWD the better show?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #4480
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,360 Posts

jfc I thought this was a fan made joke edit that I didn't get because I hadn't seen the episode. this looks p bad

also does anyone else look at the walkers and find it impossible to not think "they're actors"? like they must spend so much time in make up and they come out and walk around slackjawed or really inconsistently to other walkers, its really not convincing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)