1. Post #4801
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    3,211 Posts
       Why people think she knew that those wagons had food in it?   
    you can see the wheat in the carts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

2. Post #4802
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    3,870 Posts
    also usually anything needing to be carried in a cart is worth stealing cos it's never something useless if an entire army is guarding it, whether it be grain, spare weapons, gold, hell even wounded soldiers that could be taken prisoner
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

3. Post #4803
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    6,403 Posts
    [S7 E4]

Dany also    remarks earlier in the episode that she won't be able to feed her army because the Lannisters are seizing all the food stores from the Reach.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App United States Show Events

4. Post #4804
    OvB
    Facepunch resident scientist
    March 2007
    18,947 Posts
       she didn't destroy all the food. She destroyed a small portion of it. Besides, the Scorpion was mixed in with the carts so now she has a reason to torch covered wagons after that battle.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #4805
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    6,320 Posts
       Now no one gets to eat! GJ Dany   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

6. Post #4806
    July 2013
    583 Posts
    i think we already discussed this,     the line was far longer than what she burned, there is certain to be way more food left   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Chrome Canada Show Events

7. Post #4807
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    6,320 Posts
    i think we already discussed this,     the line was far longer than what she burned, there is certain to be way more food left   
    Yea    it was a joking post.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

8. Post #4808
    May 2010
    1,089 Posts
       Has anyone considered that if the WW are defeated, winter may be shorter? no need for large amounts of food   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Argentina Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

9. Post #4809
    July 2013
    583 Posts
    Yea    it was a joking post.   

my b, i missed OvB's post and just thought we were back to the previous discussion haha.

as far as Dany winning this war, I do think she deserves it more than Cersei, I mean of all the things she's said and done, none were nearly as fucked up as blowing up an entire sept full of people, many of whom were completely innocent.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Chrome Canada Show Events

10. Post #4810
    Gold Member
    July 2013
    1,346 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #4811
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,523 Posts
    my b, i missed OvB's post and just thought we were back to the previous discussion haha.

as far as Dany winning this war, I do think she deserves it more than Cersei, I mean of all the things she's said and done, none were nearly as fucked up as blowing up an entire sept full of people, many of whom were completely innocent.   
        Not to mention hitting the streets with large debris from the explosion    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

12. Post #4812
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    4,121 Posts
    Daenerys is kinda grey; massive firepower and very lacking in the negotiation field, but all in all well-meaning, and her claim to power is based on right: In her mind, she is the legitimate ruler. So, basically, stick up her ass.

Cersei, on the other hand, is narcissism incarnate. Get her way, destroy anybody against her, look down on everybody. The books drive that down even further, with her basically not caring about Jaime as an individual, but as basically a way to have sex with herself, and seeing her children as extensions of herself. Fucked up individual since her childhood.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

13. Post #4813
    July 2013
    583 Posts
    it should've been Robb, rip to the OG King in the North :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Chrome Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #4814
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,747 Posts
    came back from my vacation and catched up with the last two episodes, and wow at    cersei's kiss of death and the loot train ambush sequence   . this show really makes me appreciate human misery in a beautiful way
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #4815
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,113 Posts
    Short seasons are the worst. I'm about to go on vacation for just over 2 weeks and I'll miss all of the remaining episodes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #4816
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,747 Posts
    i also consider myself extra lucky that the only bit of episode 4 that was kinda spoiled for me was the    dragonglass cave scene   . considering that it also got leaked earlier, i honestly thought that this week episode was ruined
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Italy Show Events

17. Post #4817
    Gold Member
    July 2013
    1,346 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

18. Post #4818
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    4,442 Posts
    Hey a nerdwriter video that actually has some research in it and is well presented.

Well I'll be damned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

19. Post #4819
    Gold Member
    July 2013
    1,346 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Informative Informative x 2 (list)

20. Post #4820
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    6,403 Posts
    Can anyone give me the low-down on one's options for streaming tomorrow's episode? Verizon is glitched into thinking we need to order a subscription to Fios TV with HBO GO--a subsciption that we already have and pay for and use, but that we apparently can't access through any device with an internet browser.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App United States Show Events

21. Post #4821
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    8,238 Posts
    HBO Now trial, cancel before payment
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #4822
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    915 Posts
    Speaking of Jaime, this was quite powerful. And very well made.
    Spoilers till last episode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #4823
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    6,403 Posts
    Thank you! We're on vacation, it's a family member's birthday, and they haven't given us any gift ideas other than that they want to see tonight's episode on time. I didn't realize the free trial was an option--just saved me a 30 mile trip to the nearest electronics store for a 50ft ethernet cable for the Xbox 360 that for some reason is the only device that can log on to HBO GO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

24. Post #4824
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    4,442 Posts
    You know what's crazy (pure speculation spoilers, I haven't read the leaks)    the fact that for the fourth week in a row, we are (probably) going to have another suprise battle scene show up out of nowhere.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #4825
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    8,238 Posts
    I don't think anyone's mentioned it yet but despite the leak, the previous episode had the highest amount of views of any episode so far.

I think that puts to bed the piracy = lost views fallacy.

Also some minor spoilers for episode 4 in the article.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/ratings/g...rd-1202519258/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events

26. Post #4826
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,678 Posts

SWEET.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7 (list)

27. Post #4827
    My favorite NSA triggers are small pox cyber terror brown out
    November 2009
    9,805 Posts
    welp, no legal options for you then, looks like youre SOL.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

28. Post #4828
    November 2016
    198 Posts
    very chill episode. Setting things forward
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Spain Show Events

29. Post #4829
    Gold Member
    July 2013
    1,346 Posts

30. Post #4830
    January 2009
    1,406 Posts
        Jon being a legitimate Targ confirmed   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

31. Post #4831
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,369 Posts
        All of that rowing was just training for the hammer    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Philippines Show Events Funny Funny x 24 (list)

32. Post #4832
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    781 Posts
       Place your bets folks, who doesn't make it back next episode?   

My money's on the Mormont and Beric   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

33. Post #4833
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,926 Posts
       I haven't really jumped on the "Fuck Dany" train before, but seriously just fuck her. Yeah she's got the real moral high ground by not putting anyone in chains, but you better serve her or you'll be her latest BBQ attempt.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 20 (list)

34. Post #4834
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    4,442 Posts
       Place your bets folks, who doesn't make it back next episode?   

My money's on the Mormont and Beric   
       100% agree. I think the Hound will get fatally wounded, but Beric will give his life to revive him. Mormont on the other hand will die trying to save Jon Snow.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events

35. Post #4835
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    8,238 Posts
        I don't know if dany was getting choked up when Jon said he go beyond the wall cause hes a better ruler or getting aroused or something

Also Thoros is going to have to die because he can just bring people back, because death has to have meaning 

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events

36. Post #4836
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    20,991 Posts
        I don't know if dany was getting choked up when Jon said he go beyond the wall cause hes a better ruler or getting aroused or something   
       Her dick was rock hard.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

37. Post #4837
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    9,015 Posts
       I haven't really jumped on the "Fuck Dany" train before, but seriously just fuck her. Yeah she's got the real moral high ground by not putting anyone in chains, but you better serve her or you'll be her latest BBQ attempt.   
       I was glad the episode didn't just breeze past that and showed Tyrion visibly horrified as well as setting the stage to convincing her to knock that shit off.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 20 (list)

38. Post #4838
    June 2013
    2,235 Posts
       I bet that everyone but Jon, Sandor, Jorah, and maybe Davos will die on the journey catch snow wight. I just hope Gendry survives to meet Arya again and to meet Dany, but I doubt it. It'd be an interesting moment for Dany to meet the kid of a guy who almost had her assassinated while pregnant, to see whether she has double standards or not, but it's unlikely since it was done in a similar vein with Jon. I hope Bran wargs the remaining living animals past the wall to help them escape.   

39. Post #4839
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    11,508 Posts
    So many holy shit moments this episode, and not a single fight scene or naked tits shot. I am very impressed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Ukraine Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

40. Post #4840
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,824 Posts
       I've been making jokes to myself/friends for years about how amazing it would be if somehow the show managed to bring all the manly badass gruff characters together to go on an adventure for some reason but it was always a joke because I figured no WAY would that ever happen.

My dick is fucking S O L I D

LEAGUE OF MANLY MEN, ROLL OUT 

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19 (list)