1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    39 Posts
    [release][tab]Name:[/tab] Gm_TowerOfTerror

[tab]Version:[/tab] 1.0

[tab]Description:[/tab] A map of the attraction at Disney MGM studios, with working ride.

[tab]Requirements:[/tab] Gmod9 or 10

[tab]Download:[/tab] http://files.filefront.com/Tower_Of_.../fileinfo.html

Gm_TowerOfTerror

Finally, after about 2 months of hard work it is finished. Gm_TowerOfTerror is a complete recreation of the "Tower Of Terror" attraction in Disney MGM Studios Florida. It has a fully working ride and preshow with many cool effects just like the real version, complete with high quality recordings.

To begin the preshow, go into the library room and wait 20 seconds, the doors will close and a few seconds later the show will start on the tv.

INSTALLATION
    To install, just extract the gmod9 folder in the .zip over your gmod9 folder.

CREDITS
    All credits go to me, heyo, as the maker of this map.

Also, special thanks to Towerofterror.org for providing many pictures I used for reference.

VERY IMPORTANT
    Make sure you set net_maxfilesize 40 if you're playing the map in multiplayer to allow people to download the map.

SCREENSHOTS

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6 (list)

2. Post #2
    May 2006
    4 Posts
    Whoa, that's amazing. I've been there, so this is extra special for me =D

3. Post #3
    March 2005
    41 Posts
    Very nice! I will give it a try later but it looks extremely nice. Great job!

4. Post #4
    September 2005
    33 Posts
    Very good job on this! It are prettyful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    February 2005
    8 Posts
    I've been there too, that's a very sweet ride, tell you something, I had a special ed person sitting next to me, and that person was drueling a lot, I really thought he was going to puke on me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    Holy. Nice work man! this is one of the best looking maps i have seen. all the lights look great and if i could give you 10000000 of of .0000001 i would.

7. Post #7
    March 2006
    52 Posts
    I like the map, but I hate Disney.

*looks at username*

Uh.... Awesome!

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    849 Posts
    Wow, that's REALLY good!

9. Post #9

June 2005
    5 Posts
    WOAH! I didn't think it'd be possible! Nice intro!

10. Post #10

May 2006
    1 Posts
    AWESOME! Nice work

11. Post #11
    April 2005
    4 Posts
    Didn't someone already make the tower of doom a ways back?

I'm searching to see if I can find it..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6 Posts
    I live in Orlando, FL... Awesome map, I love it.

13. Post #13

June 2005
    5 Posts
    There was a tower of terror for counterstrike but that one was confusing, and seeing as it was made as a counterstrike map, it didn't have the full ride.

14. Post #14
    April 2005
    4 Posts
    Yeah, I found it anyways.

Link(half way down the page):http://nipper.rocks-hideout.com/cstr...urce-maps.html

Not trying to degrade your map, just supplying info.

15. Post #15
    December 2005
    9 Posts
    Holy shit this is really nice! It looks like the real deal.

16. Post #16
    Can i have a tital Dav0r?
    August 2005
    1,904 Posts
    It looks a little blocky but on a scale of one to ten on blockyness i would say 0.5/10.

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    39 Posts
    ShortStuf posted:
    Yeah, I found it anyways.
    Not trying to degrade your map, just supplying info.
    I found out he had made a tower of terror map half way through development of my version. I almost quit working on it because of this, but my version is arguably better in some ways.

Like my ride is has the actual audio from the real thing and it's more like the real ride.

18. Post #18
    Someone host a server :D

19. Post #19
    April 2005
    4 Posts
    After playing it, the map is incredibly well put together. It has many details which are very good. The effects and general ambience is perfect for the map.

The only few things that I would suggest is, add more random grass sprites in the grass to make it more lively and less propped out looking. Also, make some of your edges clipped off at 1.5 perfect 45 degree angles. it makes the map feel less blocky and more like stucco.

Just a few things to improve on. Otherwise, very nice, keep up the nice work.

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    237 Posts
    Got my server up. Apollo's server :D feel free to join :D.

Great map. Reminds me of the movie so much. A very good effort.

21. Post #21

June 2005
    5 Posts
    Dylan_94 posted:
    It looks a little blocky but on a scale of one to ten on blockyness i would say 0.5/10.
    What's your server password... umm... please?

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    333 Posts
    I remember playing a old de_towerofterror that looked like this before. But that was for Counter Strike Source. This one looks nicer.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    70 Posts
    This was a very good job, man. It's really fun to use Jetboom's grappling hook SWEP with and try to get to the top of the tower only shooting the hook at the building. Anyways, good map.

24. Post #24
    May 2005
    9 Posts
    Holy shit! Insane work!

25. Post #25
    May 2006
    15 Posts
    Wow! My mind is forever lost in "The Twilight Zone". Great map, do you plan on making any other's?

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,252 Posts
    Nice. But it's a little bording because the ride is the only thing there. Also I faund a few tree that are floating and a few error.

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,584 Posts
    Wow! This map is awesome and is very detailed. The only flaw is that on floating tree. Keep up the good work!

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1 Posts
    Very well done, marvellous work. I went back through the ride a good six or seven times as soon as I got off.

29. Post #29

December 2005
    4 Posts
    Also make it more detailed.

30. Post #30

June 2005
    5 Posts
    If you want something to do, mess with the ride. For instance, I noclipped to the place where the video is shot and put in the elevator that opens a toilet and barney sitting on it with a newspaper. It was hillarious, you had to be there.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    464 Posts
    I just went to California adventure last week! Nice map!

32. Post #32
    November 2005
    37 Posts
    Great map. I stayed on the ride and got boundary killed and flew through the door hehe. I'm making a server with this map on it.

Name: Tower of Terror fun
    no pass
    players 6

33. Post #33
    September 2005
    51 Posts
    Looks alright.

34. Post #34

December 2005
    4 Posts
    Did He? Cause the ride was diffrent, and the Original map had 2 rooms instead of 1.

35. Post #35

June 2005
    5 Posts
    Ark3r posted:
    Uhh oh... Crappy stolen and edited just enough to make people beleive that you actually made this from scratch map.

Come on people. All he did was take that map Short Stuf gave a link to, delted a bunch of stuff in it, took some of the sounds out, and tried to release it as his own shit. Even download both maps, and listen to the sounds. He just deleted a few and renamed them. Hurrrr...
    Play it and you'll see it's architecture is way diffrent.
    Besides, I was talking to heyo when he was first starting it, here's an early WIP picture for proof.

36. Post #36
    September 2005
    51 Posts
    Never mind...

37. Post #37
    September 2005
    12,349 Posts
    Ark3r posted:
    Well, no, the architecture isn't really very different at all. All he really did is take the outside shell of Nipper's map, delete all of the insides, and rebuild them. I mean, look how crappy the inside is compared to the outside. And for that little development picture thing above this post, he most likely took the map, retextured the outside and delted all of the displacements and things to make it look like he had some progress pics. Trust me, the maps are way too similar to be two diferent maps. There's no way, you can prove that you didn't just rip Nipper off.
    He posted pictures of his map a while ago, and when compared to Nipper's version, the scaling is different.

38. Post #38
    September 2005
    51 Posts
    Woopdy doo, I was a noob back then.

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,374 Posts
    Well hey, todays sitcoms copy them early sitcom jokes. There's almost none things that wouldn't been done earlier somewhere.

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    39 Posts
    Ark3r posted:
    I don't know. Why the hell would you make map, that's already been made... I bet you prolly started with Nippers map, and built off of it to make you're own at least. They're too similar in too many ways. I'll look at the differences more closely in the morning.
    I did not know it was already made and found out half way through making mine. Also, why the hell would I take an already made map and completely retexture it from the inside out, completely change the scaling and shape of everything, change the rooms all around, make a completely new preshow video, and change tons of other things?

Oh, and I suppose I just took everything out of the map, stripped it down and retextured it just to make it look like I had a WIP version?

The reason the maps are similar is because they're both based on the same real life thing. I started from scratch and made the map completely on my own without even knowing about Nippers version.

It's a pretty stupid assumption to think I would do such a thing as steal a map.