1. Post #4761

August 2013
    25 Posts
    Anyone else got frozen startup menu sometimes after wake up ?

2. Post #4762
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    5,980 Posts
    Came back from a week long trip, with my PC unplugged the entire time.

My PC automagically turned from Windows 10 Pro (migrated from W7 Pro) to Windows 10 Enterprise on a nonexistent workgroup, and then deactivated itself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

3. Post #4763
    Came back from a week long trip, with my PC unplugged the entire time.

My PC automagically turned from Windows 10 Pro (migrated from W7 Pro) to Windows 10 Enterprise on a nonexistent workgroup, and then deactivated itself.
    Hack the Planet

4. Post #4764
    January 2013
    721 Posts
    Alright, I've formatted my computer and I am automatically on the latest W10 update, which is part of the Creator's Update, which causes framerate problems on some games I play. How can I install a previous non-Creators Update?

5. Post #4765
    Alright, I've formatted my computer and I am automatically on the latest W10 update, which is part of the Creator's Update, which causes framerate problems on some games I play. How can I install a previous non-Creators Update?
    You did remove the game bar right?

Edited:

Pretty sure the only official way to download old versions is with an MSDN account. The usual website and media creator will return the latest version of windows.

Which means finding a source that serves isos, and hasn't been taken down by the legal team
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #4766
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    3,574 Posts
    I have an ISO for 1607, PM me

7. Post #4767
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    6,548 Posts
    I've uploaded the latest build here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/soft...load/windows10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Australia Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

8. Post #4768
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    3,574 Posts
    IMO 1511 was the best version. Anyone have an ISO of that?

9. Post #4769
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    6,548 Posts
    IMO 1511 was the best version. Anyone have an ISO of that?
    I have 1511 N but that's not going to be much use I imagine.

10. Post #4770
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,209 Posts
    It's such horseshit that you need to do the upgrade thing from 8 to 10 all over again when doing a fresh install (also tried phone verification, didn't work). Got a new key via my uni for 10 euros and just used that one, but man this shouldn't be necessary at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Chrome Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #4771
    January 2013
    721 Posts
    I have an ISO for 1607, PM me
    Thanks, but I've found one when looking on google, surprisingly it was one of the first results. No more stuttering for me!

12. Post #4772
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,678 Posts
    It's such horseshit that you need to do the upgrade thing from 8 to 10 all over again when doing a fresh install (also tried phone verification, didn't work). Got a new key via my uni for 10 euros and just used that one, but man this shouldn't be.
    I've reused my license before, it was a different mobo too so Windows saw it as a entirely different computer. During install I just skipped entering the serial key. After install I logged in with my Microsoft account. Sure enough it started complaining about activation errors, but they linked to a troubleshooting tool that showed all machines I have activated, and I could deactivate the old mobo from right there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #4773
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,209 Posts
    Oh I see, I googled plenty though and did not encounter anything like that. Seems like they do like to make it as difficult as possible, to a great success because they got me to buy a new key :/

14. Post #4774
    June 2008
    1,362 Posts
    Anyone else with a lumia having tons of issues since the creators update?

Everything seems to take more memory (or maybe the OS itself is using up more memory, leaving less for the apps), so I'm constantly waiting for apps to resume. Even the start screen has to unload its icons to free up memory.
    Animations (especially in Edge) seem glitchy, partially rendering frames in random order.
    Edge likes to randomly reload pages now, and always reloads when playing a video for a few minutes, I'm assuming due to crashing or running out of memory.
    Edge likes to sometimes break entirely when it runs out of memory, you can't switch tabs or close tabs. Have to just close the app and re-open it, which loses all your open tabs.
    Full screen video causes the screen to flicker sometimes, and opening and closing the notifications tray seems to fix it, but causes the video to have the same glitchyness as animations for a few seconds.

Really hate that you can't rollback to the previous version like on desktop. The previous version worked perfectly, and the creators update doesn't even have any features on mobile anyway, so all it did was break everything.