1. Post #2961

March 2017
    1 Posts
    This has been one of the hardest things to figure out, content wise, and I have yet to build the shader in Maya for it, but I built one in Unreal Engine 4, so I will use that for my demonstration.

First of all, the Red/Turquoise map contains the Specular, Roughness, and the Metallic-ness of the model. So let's take a quick look at how to get that info out:

This is the UE4 function I wrote to split up the SpecMetal texture. Here's how it works:
    First, we take the image, and we take the green channel, and invert it to get the roughness. Inversion may not be necessary, depending on how your software/shader works, but UE4 needs it inverted. Near as I can tell, the Blue channel is 99.9% identical (only some compression differences) so we'll ignore that.
    Next, we take the red channel, and we need to split it in half. 0-127 will be our Specular texture, and 128-255 will be our Metal texture. Once we grab the half images, we need to normalize them so instead of 0-127 or 128-255, they use 0-255. This was the tricky part in UE4. Hopefully your 3D program has an easier way.

When I get around to writing the custom shader for the Maya plugin, I will be automating this functionality.

First of all, not all of the skins need different normal maps. For skins that are basically the same, but just a different color, they can use the same normal map, saving them data.

Second, keep in mind that the normal maps can look strange, because they are inverted:

On the left is the normal map that is extracted by Overtool. This is how they are stored in Overwatch. It is done to reduce file-size, because storing 2048*2048 values of 0 results in a smaller file-size than storing the same amount of 255 values. On the right is the same image, but inverted. This is the normal map we've come to expect.

And as for having to edit the materials for metal and everything:

This is a export of Tracer (without editing) using the texturing method I used above in UE4. As you can see, I've gotten VERY close to the in-game look for most of the materials. (Still working on the hair...)
    I am new here, but I was wondering, even though you use Maya, is there any material support for Blender? Or at least someone here I could talk to who uses Blender with the Overwatch models? I tried to replicate it in blender but the issue I came across is that there is nothing like the clamp modifier from UE4 in Blender, at least to my knowledge.

2. Post #2962

March 2017
    4 Posts
    Download the english version (OW), and set -LenUS after overtool.exe, this should fix it (I think).
    no,still got this problem xDDDDD

3. Post #2963
    January 2017
    20 Posts
    no,still got this problem xDDDDD
    Download the casc file linked on the beginning of Page 74

4. Post #2964

March 2017
    4 Posts
    plz help!!。

5. Post #2965

December 2012
    10 Posts
    plz help!!。
    Read the wiki https://owdev.wiki/Tutorial/Extracting_with_OverTool

OverTool is very exact with their names. You need to use the names exactly as they appear in the character/map listing. This means Soldier 76 needs to be "Soldier: 76", Torbjorn needs to be Torbjörn, and Lucio needs to be Lúcio.

6. Post #2966

July 2016
    6 Posts
    So is it possible to extract Orisa's voicelines?

7. Post #2967

December 2012
    10 Posts
    So is it possible to extract Orisa's voicelines?
    I don't believe we can extract any data yet as Overtool is currently incompatible with the Live Overwatch version (1.9) and the PTR version errors, whether this is due to missing keys I am not sure.

I was under the impression that once an update goes live the keys get added to the keychain? So i'm not sure if just fixing Overtool for 1.9 would solve the problem.

8. Post #2968
    May 2016
    513 Posts
    I don't believe we can extract any data yet as Overtool is currently incompatible with the Live Overwatch version (1.9) and the PTR version errors, whether this is due to missing keys I am not sure.

I was under the impression that once an update goes live the keys get added to the keychain? So i'm not sure if just fixing Overtool for 1.9 would solve the problem.
    Just fixing it for overtool 1.9 would not fix it

9. Post #2969

March 2017
    4 Posts
    i dont think this problem is about “name”。bcs when i type tracer its still get this error.

Edited:

Just fixing it for overtool 1.9 would not fix it
    hey,dynaomi how can i fix that problem?

10. Post #2970

December 2016
    27 Posts
    i dont think this problem is about “name”。bcs when i type tracer its still get this error.

Edited:

hey,dynaomi how can i fix that problem?
    As I said before, install the english language and set it to english
    overtool -LenUS "d:\overwatch\overwatch" x "e:\overwatch" "skin Tracer"
    and maybe just export all skins and pick the right one you like
    overtool -LenUS "d:\overwatch\overwatch" x "e:\overwatch"

11. Post #2971

February 2017
    6 Posts
    I placed my Overwatchmodel.exe next to my folder and tried to run it and I'm only get a command screen that blinks and disappears. ANy ideas?

Also, @CSgets, I love your renders a lot. I used to render game models to enhance them. Allow me to suggest creating SSS shaders for them, using HDR lighting and a Z-Depth pass for blurring and an AO pass. These elements will greatly enhance them. I will render them using Keyshot or Vray ;) and show you.
    Thanks, I'll definitely try that soon.

12. Post #2972
    April 2011
    409 Posts
    So am I just being a moron or what? I have the english version of the game installed, Overtool is installed properly (As far as Im aware) Including the updated CascLib.dll. Am I just missing something really obvious or what?

13. Post #2973

December 2012
    10 Posts
    So am I just being a moron or what? I have the english version of the game installed, Overtool is installed properly (As far as Im aware) Including the updated CascLib.dll. Am I just missing something really obvious or what?
    It's pretty complicated at the moment. From what I understand so far...

Overtool does not work on Overwatch 1.9 (Live) or 1.10 (PTR). If you wish to use Overtool you will need to have an older version of Overwatch available, if you don't then I'm not sure what you can do.

Based on changes to recent PTR versions, newer versions of Overtool after 1.8.7.11 might not work with Overwatch 1.8 or below.

Also recent versions of Overtool have had issues with languages which should be fixed by using Kjasis CascLib patch found here.
    Here's my debug version, should work: CascLib.dll, 2017-02-22 edition
    Overtool 1.8.7.13 might work as well, I don't have older versions of Overwatch so I cannot test but you can find all versions here;
    https://ci.appveyor.com/project/yuki...lchain/history