1. Post #3721

May 2017
    18 Posts
    nice work over there with toolchain and seanim export (:

i had some issues too with the scale of the bones. i wondered if it was because i loaded that into maya instead of blender but it looks like it's the same.

so i just scaled the animation of the translation of all bones and it worked. for some reason the ratio i found was about 2.4. i got it from comparing the bind pose from the animation loaded and it worked

Edited:

Feureau: haha looks like we've got the same problem q:

first i used the owmdl importer from kjasi (https://bitbucket.org/Kjasi/owmdl-maya-importer)
    but the bind pose generated is wrong, all the joints have no orientation. so i managed to get them back with the ref_pose.smd extracted with the toolchain and some hocus pocus scripting
    without doing that you will get some weird twisting over the different parts like on one of your screenshot

then i tried to load the newly extracted seanim files. and i got that issue with the bone length
    twas simpler to fix since it was just a ratio to apply on the translations of all joint. but it's kinda weird anyway (:
    OMG yes! Looks like it's the same issue! How did you scale the translation animation? (The "just a ratio to apply on the translations of all joint." bit. How do you do that in Maya?)

I solved the weird twisting mesh issue just by importing from Blender. For some reason, the FBX that came in from Blender has the joint orientation proper. (but it's not symmetrically mirrored! There's also a hip joint with non-zero rotation.)

2. Post #3722
    April 2016
    528 Posts
    why you complaining daemon?
    I don't know. Just can't get rid of this disgusting feeling every time I see posts about this tool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #3723

May 2011
    39 Posts
    overtool.exe crashes at "Eichenwalde" when extracting all maps via:
    Code:
    OverTool.exe "<overwatch directory>" M "<output directory>"
    Edit: Also trying to extract Eichenwalde map crashes overtool with command:
    Code:
    OverTool.exe "<overwatch directory>" M "<output directory>" "Eichenwalde"

4. Post #3724
    May 2016
    663 Posts
    overtool.exe crashes at "Eichenwalde" when extracting all maps via:
    Code:
    OverTool.exe "<overwatch directory>" M "<output directory>"
    I'll look into it.

5. Post #3725

May 2017
    18 Posts

Btw, I see the rigs imported from blender to maya (blender -> Export FBX (all default) -> Maya) all has 100x scale. Any ideas what's causing this?
    Blender is just bad at exporting to FBX.
    I've figured it out. Turns out it's because of the Blender Units vs Maya's default metric.

In Maya the default unit scale is set to centimeter, while in blender, it's scaled to 1 Blender Unit, which is about 100x centimeter. Therefore when blender stuffs gets imported into maya, it gets a 100x scale.

To get a 1:1, you have to change the unit in blender from Blender Unit to Centimeter. I've tested it and the fbx from blender imports into maya perfectly.

Although, there doesn't seem to be any way to save this as your default unit size, so you'll have to re-set the unit to centimeter every time you start Blender. Which is annoying but at least it can be fixed relatively quickly.

6. Post #3726

January 2017
    6 Posts
    feureau:

give that a shot (:

Code:
    import pymel.core as pm

f = 2.54

for j in pm.ls(et='joint'):
      for attr in 'xyz':
        attr = j.attr('t'+attr)
        anm = attr.inputs(type='animCurve')
        if not anm: continue
        anm = anm[0]
        for i in anm.ktv.getArrayIndices():
          v = anm.ktv[i].kv.get()
          pm.keyframe(anm, index=i, valueChange=v/f)

7. Post #3727

May 2017
    18 Posts
    feureau:

give that a shot (:

Code:
    import pymel.core as pm

f = 2.54

for j in pm.ls(et='joint'):
      for attr in 'xyz':
        attr = j.attr('t'+attr)
        anm = attr.inputs(type='animCurve')
        if not anm: continue
        anm = anm[0]
        for i in anm.ktv.getArrayIndices():
          v = anm.ktv[i].kv.get()
          pm.keyframe(anm, index=i, valueChange=v/f)
    That works perfectly!!! Thank you very much!

Btw, your other fix for the joint orientation: does it symmetrically mirror the joints?

8. Post #3728
    June 2016
    38 Posts
    This isn't really related to models, but is it possible for an unknown keyname to show up for an item that doesn't exist, by mistake? The current version of the PTR shows an unknown keyname (BD4E42661A432951 p 0x0000000000000000 f 0x0CA000000000013D) in the LOOTBOX_EXCLUSIVE_0 category (where credit piles are listed), but adding the proper 1.11 key to the ow.keys file reveals that there is no new item. The item doesn't appear as an unknown keyname in the live version of the game, if that's helpful at all.

9. Post #3729

January 2015
    7 Posts
    Quick question, on the Spec+Metal+Roughness what channels are you using?

Red for specular, Green for metal and blue for roughness? Ty a lot

This is the result i'm getting with trial and error

EDIT: If someone want's the shader of the eradicators shield here it is (is the same one as winston's or rein's shield)

10. Post #3730

January 2017
    6 Posts
    feureau: here is my quick'n dirty smd reader i made a while ago
    it's still working with the refpose.smd generated by the toolchain

it will reset the skeleton with correct orientation. it's up to you to reinit the binding after that q:
    (and it looks like it's indeed symmetrical)

https://pastebin.com/cqUjE2t9

11. Post #3731
    May 2016
    663 Posts
    This isn't really related to models, but is it possible for an unknown keyname to show up for an item that doesn't exist, by mistake? The current version of the PTR shows an unknown keyname (BD4E42661A432951 p 0x0000000000000000 f 0x0CA000000000013D) in the LOOTBOX_EXCLUSIVE_0 category (where credit piles are listed), but adding the proper 1.11 key to the ow.keys file reveals that there is no new item. The item doesn't appear as an unknown keyname in the live version of the game, if that's helpful at all.
    That ended up just being something that was being tracked by the tool but unrelated to the output in question

Edited:

This is the result i'm getting with trial and error

EDIT: If someone want's the shader of the eradicators shield here it is (is the same one as winston's or rein's shield)

Red is metal and spec. Take the upper half of the channel for metal, lower half for speculation. Green is roughness, blue is the same as green but probably is still used for something.

Clamp red by 0~127 and multiply by two to get spec, clamp by 128~255, subtract 128 and multiply by two for metal

12. Post #3732
    May 2016
    191 Posts

Red is metal and spec. Take the upper half of the channel for metal, lower half for speculation. Green is roughness, blue is the same as green but probably is still used for something.

Clamp red by 0~127 and multiply by two to get spec, clamp by 128~255, subtract 128 and multiply by two for metal
    Here's a UE4 material setup I did a while back that seems to work perfectly:

Results:

13. Post #3733
    May 2016
    663 Posts
    Here's a UE4 material setup I did a while back that seems to work perfectly:

Results:
    The equivalent in blender would be this

The Lootbox model is great for testing the PBR texture, since the red channel has a wider range of values.

Again, the sheen isn't probably used, blue is most likely the detail texture. I just use it because it adds some highlighting.

14. Post #3734

May 2017
    18 Posts
    feureau: here is my quick'n dirty smd reader i made a while ago
    it's still working with the refpose.smd generated by the toolchain

it will reset the skeleton with correct orientation. it's up to you to reinit the binding after that q:
    (and it looks like it's indeed symmetrical)

https://pastebin.com/cqUjE2t9
    OMG THAT WORKS!!!

Thank you very much!

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

15. Post #3735

September 2016
    7 Posts

The Lootbox model is great for testing the PBR texture, since the red channel has a wider range of values.

Again, the sheen isn't probably used, blue is most likely the detail texture. I just use it because it adds some highlighting.
    I already saw this picture a while ago, and I would like to ask if you could kindly detail what is exactly 'hidden' behind the nodes labelled 'Emission', 'Fake AO' and 'Mix Emissive'? (maybe a math node? something else?)

Actually it's been a long time i didn't worked on OW models, I'm almost starting from zero and so I decided to go with Blender! (btw OWMDL is buggy with Blender 2.80? the importer i found on the owdev wiki cannot import models in this version, or maybe i missed something)

Edit : oh and why do you multiply the half-channels from red by themselves after clamping them? (the 2nd node after RGB separation, where you multiply the result of the lower/upper mask by the red channel)

16. Post #3736
    October 2015
    1,153 Posts
    ... OWMDL is buggy with Blender 2.80? ...
    the 2.8 version is beta. don'tcha complain. it's not stable yet. from my pov. :) try the latest stable. 2.78?

17. Post #3737

September 2016
    7 Posts
    the 2.8 version is beta. don'tcha complain. it's not stable yet. from my pov. :) try the latest stable. 2.78?
    Not complaining, just asking ;) I know it is not a stable version, but it is the one with the Principled BSDF i wanted to have a look at.

18. Post #3738

May 2017
    18 Posts

Which ones the emission and albedo texture btw? (What do they look like?)

19. Post #3739
    fuck you inspecter I do what I want
    August 2009
    10,196 Posts
    the keys to extract the anniversary models hasn't been found yet right?

20. Post #3740

May 2017
    18 Posts
    BD4E42661A432951 6DE8E28C8511644D5595FC45E5351472

21. Post #3741

December 2012
    61 Posts
    They have been found, Overtool/OWLib has been updated

22. Post #3742
    May 2016
    663 Posts
    I already saw this picture a while ago, and I would like to ask if you could kindly detail what is exactly 'hidden' behind the nodes labelled 'Emission', 'Fake AO' and 'Mix Emissive'? (maybe a math node? something else?)

Actually it's been a long time i didn't worked on OW models, I'm almost starting from zero and so I decided to go with Blender! (btw OWMDL is buggy with Blender 2.80? the importer i found on the owdev wiki cannot import models in this version, or maybe i missed something)

Edit : oh and why do you multiply the half-channels from red by themselves after clamping them? (the 2nd node after RGB separation, where you multiply the result of the lower/upper mask by the red channel)

Results in

Blender 2.80 changed something in bpy, many plugins are broken (such as Blender Source Tools sometimes errors too) I keep a copy of 2.78 around to import models and animations. I save the blend file and just open that in 2.80

The "Greater Than" and "Less Than" math nodes are binary 1 or 0, which is an issue because the texture isn't. So they act as masks. Multiply them with the red to get the correct value.

Which ones the emission and albedo texture btw? (What do they look like?)
    The Albedo texture is just the color+ao texture, the PBR texture is the red-ish texture, and the emission texture is a black and white texture which usually is mostly black.

23. Post #3743

May 2017
    1 Posts
    Hi there,

I've been trying to get the new sprays and icons for the Overwatch anniversary event, I don't know if its because I'm doing something wrong or it isn't possible yet?

I've been able to extract the icons + sprays, but it doesn't show the new ones. Everything I've downloaded from the website was re-downloaded and installed today.

Where am I going wrong?

24. Post #3744

December 2012
    61 Posts
    Hi there,

I've been trying to get the new sprays and icons for the Overwatch anniversary event, I don't know if its because I'm doing something wrong or it isn't possible yet?

I've been able to extract the icons + sprays, but it doesn't show the new ones. Everything I've downloaded from the website was re-downloaded and installed today.

Where am I going wrong?
    Have you got the latest version of Overtool? I've succesfully exported them so it should work.
    https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjob...in-release.zip

As long as you have the key in your ow.keys file it should work
    BD4E42661A432951 6DE8E28C8511644D5595FC45E5351472

25. Post #3745

September 2016
    7 Posts

Blender 2.80 changed something in bpy, many plugins are broken (such as Blender Source Tools sometimes errors too) I keep a copy of 2.78 around to import models and animations. I save the blend file and just open that in 2.80

The "Greater Than" and "Less Than" math nodes are binary 1 or 0, which is an issue because the texture isn't. So they act as masks. Multiply them with the red to get the correct value.
    OK thank you for all of this, I did not catch the binary behind the math nodes but now I understand. And for Blender 2.78/2.80, I already did the same to make some tries. Thanks again!

26. Post #3746

May 2011
    39 Posts

Results in

The Albedo texture is just the color+ao texture, the PBR texture is the red-ish texture, and the emission texture is a black and white texture which usually is mostly black.
    Thanks dynaomi!

Do you (or anyone else) know how to do the hair flow/comb/anisotropic map in Blender and UE4?

edit:

1. diffuse map
    2. ?
    3. ?
    4. hair flow/comb/anisotropic map
    5. normal map

What are 2 and 3? 2 looks like a light map and is 3 specular map?

27. Post #3747
    May 2016
    663 Posts
    Thanks dynaomi!

Do you (or anyone else) know how to do the hair flow/comb/anisotropic map in Blender and UE4?

edit:

1. diffuse map
    2. ?
    3. ?
    5. normal map

I haven't looked at the skin/hair textures at all, there's also that baked-SSS texture for skin I'm curious about.

Edited:

I just wrote a generator that takes a full game dump and makes a File Types page for the wiki, it should be more accurate now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #3748

May 2017
    18 Posts
    So, in Tracer's Classic model, there's this extra bit on the eye:

And it's got its own texture and UV:

I've been wondering what this bit is supposed to be. At first I thought it's supposed to be this sort of watery reflection bit on the eye:

But the texture is just brown... So.. I guess not?

Does anyone know what it's supposed to be, how to use it, etc? I mean, it's rigged and everything.

29. Post #3749
    January 2012
    999 Posts
    Thanks dynaomi!

-snip-

1. diffuse map
    2. ?
    3. ?
    5. normal map

2. AO map
    3. Gloss map

-snip-

Does anyone know what it's supposed to be, how to use it, etc? I mean, it's rigged and everything.
    For the diffuse, create a vertical black to white gradient map in the alpha channel (which will be the opacity mask) wherever. In the diffuse map, grab the color from the hero's hair (in Tracer's and Widowmaker's case) and fill the diffuse map with it, then save.

It's all a matter of applying it to your preferred program, which I won't get into.

Edited:

It should end up like this:

Before:

After:

30. Post #3750

May 2017
    18 Posts
    2. AO map
    3. Gloss map

For the diffuse, create a vertical black to white gradient map in the alpha channel (which will be the opacity mask) wherever. In the diffuse map, grab the color from the hero's hair (in Tracer's and Widowmaker's case) and fill the diffuse map with it, then save.

It's all a matter of applying it to your preferred program, which I won't get into.

Edited:

It should end up like this:

Before:

After:
    Thank you very much! \o/

31. Post #3751
    May 2016
    663 Posts
    Blender 2.80 also has a new renderer meant for real time, game-esque PBR shaders.

Eevee:

Cycles:

32. Post #3752

April 2017
    29 Posts
    Not sure if it helps but for the skin, I've been putting the SSS texture over the Diffuse and setting it to screen (In Photoshop) and it looks reasonable

33. Post #3753
    October 2015
    1,153 Posts
    Blender 2.80 also has a new renderer meant for real time, game-esque PBR shaders.

Eevee:

Cycles:

why show this if you don't use all the features?!? you gotta setup an environment texture for metallic reflections. they are a part of it. for cycles you'd need another object to show reflection, occlusion and emission. it does all of this. :)

34. Post #3754
    June 2016
    116 Posts
    Doesn't rly matter to get this right in Max, since it does not exactly usable in an engine anyways. It would be nice to have a shader in Unity like you guys did in UE4 (I think)

T.

35. Post #3755
    May 2016
    663 Posts
    Doesn't rly matter to get this right in Max, since it does not exactly usable in an engine anyways. It would be nice to have a shader in Unity like you guys did in UE4 (I think)

T.
    I could probably write a CG shader for Unity now that I think about it.

36. Post #3756
    fuck you inspecter I do what I want
    August 2009
    10,196 Posts
    Not sure if it helps but for the skin, I've been putting the SSS texture over the Diffuse and setting it to screen (In Photoshop) and it looks reasonable
    I did the same but they looked too pale to me so I played around with brightness and contrast on the SSS texture and got a better result.