1. Post #2001
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    30,992 Posts

there will be some Chapter-specific variation, the Ultra chappie has just the most generic stuff

the eye lights can be turned off with a skin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 9 (list)

2. Post #2002

July 2014
    138 Posts
    Warhammer 40k: Deep Dark imperium

PS: Gothic-style voxcaster on the backpack is really impressive.

Edited:

But is it Gothic?
    I do not know what to call it.

3. Post #2003
    November 2016
    53 Posts
    By the Warp they look so sick!

I see you love dem iron halos.

4. Post #2004

July 2014
    138 Posts
    joazzz I do not know if it's appropriate to do this now
    Apothecary of World Eater
    Medical equipment (I do not know what the name is)
    Searchlight on the back is not lit. (Skin)
    When you're done
    Could you fix it?

p.s: I think it would be nice to add a blood filter to the medical tool

pp.s: I apologize if you were rude ...

^----^
    (ㅇㅅㅇ;;)
    ( >< )

5. Post #2005
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    30,992 Posts
    that's a terrible bug, i'll have to fix it. Apothecaries will be generally improved anyway.

here's something else

these details are optional and activated through skins.
    not all models will have them all over the armor.
    some Chapters have more of them than others.

still sorting out which armor(s) should have which options
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 10 (list)

6. Post #2006
    March 2017
    58 Posts
    that's a terrible bug, i'll have to fix it. Apothecaries will be generally improved anyway.

here's something else

these details are optional and activated through skins.
    not all models will have them all over the armor.
    some Chapters have more of them than others.

still sorting out which armor(s) should have which options
    Very Cool! By the way, Joazzz, by the way are there any news about the dark angels? I also wanted to ask a question. How to change the color of the bolter. For example, from white to blue? Thanks in advance for the answer :D

7. Post #2007

July 2014
    138 Posts
    I did well to be alive.
    As the day goes by, the detail gets better.

Edited:

uh? Middle of marine Fingers !? lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Korea, Republic of Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #2008
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    30,992 Posts
    it's called "trigger discipline" and it's a thing that real soldiers do

Very Cool! By the way, Joazzz, by the way are there any news about the dark angels? I also wanted to ask a question. How to change the color of the bolter. For example, from white to blue? Thanks in advance for the answer :D
    i haven't given the Dank Ankles much thought, but i did make some robes that i also gave the Chaplain. right now i just want to get the Ultramarines out of the way

as for the color, there should be some kind of SFM utility for coloring TF2 hats - that same thing works with colorable bolters
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #2009
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    7,541 Posts
    it's called "trigger discipline" and it's a thing that real soldiers do
    SM probably wouldn't do that though. It's not like accidental bolter discharge is a thing that can happen to them.

New details are absolutely stunning btw. And very creative.

10. Post #2010

December 2012
    229 Posts
    Will these new embellishments stay like this, like, as engravings, or will they get a brass treatment?

11. Post #2011
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    30,992 Posts
    Will these new embellishments stay like this, like, as engravings, or will they get a brass treatment?
    depends on the army. Emperor's Children will have gilded versions, for example, while most modern Chapters will have them as simple engravings

it depends on the model too, for example i'm giving the Ultras one additional version for use with the "Commander" model, because he can be flash as fuck

there also can't really be any Chapter-specific iconography in them due to how they work (this is a question of logistics), so i chose to go with general eagles, halos and skulls

Edited:

SM probably wouldn't do that though. It's not like accidental bolter discharge is a thing that can happen to them.
    a fair point, maybe i won't do that from now on then

Edited:

how many of you would weep if i removed the four Reserve Companies from the skins?

12. Post #2012
    March 2013
    1,247 Posts
    If it saves up space for other things, go for it. Assuming changing/adding textures for those things during free time (if someone absolutely needs Reserve Companies) for personal use isn't too much of a task.

13. Post #2013
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    3,237 Posts
    For the "complete experience", it'd be a loss, but considering the Reserve companies are, y'know, reserve forces, I don't think any self-respecting 40k player/Gmod poser would use them a lot of the time except in very specific situations.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #2014
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    30,992 Posts
    precisely. if people ABSOLUTELY need them, i could make one separate model with fewer bodygroup options to represent the reservists.

Edited:

If it saves up space for other things, go for it. Assuming changing/adding textures for those things during free time (if someone absolutely needs Reserve Companies) for personal use isn't too much of a task.
    it's a matter of changing one line in the armor texture file, actually. super uncomplicated.

do note that this concerns ONLY the generic Space Marine models. the Assault Marine and Devastator models should have enough room for skins to cover their reserve companies too.

reserve companies also won't have a full set of those engraving options - they're in the reserve, training at the Chapter Fortress Monastery/battle barge, not earning laudation and master-crafted wargear on the glorious field of battle

15. Post #2015
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    12,185 Posts
    Well...

It's not commonly protrayed (as they're usually actually using the bolters), but it's definitely something they seem to practice at times.

16. Post #2016
    November 2016
    53 Posts
    Looks like life sucks as a reservist marine. You don't get any honor or experience and you wear flashy orange and purple instead of gold, black and white.

... and also you don't get any love from the fans
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome France Show Events Zing Zing x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #2017
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    7,541 Posts
    It's not commonly protrayed (as they're usually actually using the bolters), but it's definitely something they seem to practice at times.
    That's fan art though, isn't it? Official art does seem to overlook such details even when marines are portrayed just standing around, but it doesn't make much sense to me that these big boys would respect trigger discipline. It's something lousy inferior mortals do because we don't control every single muscle in our body every waking moment without as much as a second thought. Unlike Astartes, who also treat their guns as a pretty much extension of their arms.

It's not badass enough to have a finger sticking out like that.

18. Post #2018
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    30,992 Posts
    i think that Blood Angel is from one of the newer codexes, or the RPG rulebooks

but at the same time gudman's point is 100% lore accurate, a Space Marine doesn't make a single involuntary twitch unless you do something like shoot him with warp lightning

19. Post #2019
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    30,992 Posts
    Terminator upgrades

i've taken design cues from Space Hulk Deathwing, pursuing a more brutal look
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 10 (list)

20. Post #2020

July 2014
    138 Posts
    ... but I feel it every time I look at it.
    It looks like a bear because of the helmet.

21. Post #2021
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    30,992 Posts
    yeah the helmet has always been weirdly animal-like
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Finland Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

22. Post #2022
    November 2016
    53 Posts
    Since you made primaris weapons I guess making a shorter, model-like storm bolter wouldn't be a problem right?

I like the current one but a more compact version could match with the brütal aesthetic.

23. Post #2023
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    30,992 Posts
    i don't see anything wrong with the current version

24. Post #2024
    November 2016
    53 Posts
    I'm not saying you should remove this pattern but it is clearly made for tactical marines while the classic terminator storm bolter is more compact.

I'm just saying you could keep this version and make a shorter one as a different model.

25. Post #2025
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    30,992 Posts
    well that i can do.

26. Post #2026

July 2014
    138 Posts
    Ultramarine comes like this.
    I'm so excited about how our Deep Dark Angel will be.

... and when the Lion wakes up, it will be the whole set ...

27. Post #2027
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    30,992 Posts
    oh yes you have no idea how i'm just absolutely itching to get to do the Deathwing

i've heard rumors that the actual Space Hulk: Deathwing models will be ported by someone else, but i'll still make my own versions.

also, since thread post limit is 5000, i'll try to refrain from posting here too often unless i have content to share from now on, and i'd encourage everyone else to do the same

we do have a Discord group that i originally created for the closed testing team, but it's a good way to track progress and generally stay on top of things, so if you have Discord, please join for more instantaneous discussion.

https://discord.gg/VNrK7y

remember that in this group my word is law - shitposting is allowed to a certain degree, but you get only one warning.

briefly introduce yourself after joining or at least say hi, otherwise it's ding dong bannu

28. Post #2028

July 2014
    138 Posts
    Even if other models are implanted
    I'm going to pick your model.
    Among the models I've found so far
    Because I got the greatest possessions and satisfaction pleasure !!!

(And in Google translation, you say you desperately want to fall into the world of death
    • I wonder if you want to make Deathwing soon?

(As you know, Google translates'
    • My sentence structure is different and my language is strangely translated!)

29. Post #2029
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    30,992 Posts
    • I wonder if you want to make Deathwing soon?
    that's precisely what i meant, yes. but Ultramarines first.

30. Post #2030

July 2014
    138 Posts
    You have a lot of hard work !!!

31. Post #2031
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    30,992 Posts
    yes, but let's not talk about it here. i linked the Discord chat channel above.

this thread will close at 5000 posts - let's not bring that moment any closer, shall we? even this very post is too much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

32. Post #2032
    November 2016
    53 Posts
    The Discord invite has expired. We need a permanent one.

btw, does deleting old "useless" posts free space on this thread?

33. Post #2033
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    30,992 Posts
    OP discord link is now permanent.

and i don't know, honestly, i'm not a moderator

34. Post #2034
    March 2005
    15,824 Posts
    Deleted posts, unless hard deleted, still count towards the post count. I could move them out into another thread, but the mod tools aren't exactly efficient. Just easier to make another thread when the time comes.