1. Post #4201
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    3,949 Posts
    I still consider myself a sort of newbie, but I'd like to know what you all think of these snaps I took last weekend in London. I only had 2 hours of free time, so I was in a hurry, but I think I might have got something worthwhile out of it.

London 2017 by J.G. Caselli, su Flickr

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #4202
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    653 Posts
    I still consider myself a sort of newbie, but I'd like to know what you all think of these snaps I took last weekend in London.
    So i've been thinking about responses to the general questions of "What do you think of my work?" When I hear/see that I want to ask, "What do YOU like about your work?" Yes, having your work CC'd is a very valuable thing (and I will give some after this) but ultimately its a hobby/art that you want to pursue. This is more an an internal quiestion for you to think about but why did you take those photos? Try to see if you can get your selects down to 5 pictures or even 3. It will help you focus and see where the work wants to go. If you are as new as you say think about your own work for a little bit before posting. On that same note and like i've said before in this thread, look at other artist works and see what you can piggyback on.

So lets start some CC. I do like the more zoomed in shots like this one.

The whole thing is very symmetrical and actually tells a story to a point. The man just standing there looking at what I assume are movies coming out really adds to it so I really think this is one of the best. For the CC, I think you could of let the frame have more breathing room. Zooming out/stepping back could of given us some more of the story and our eyes could have traveled into the moment ourselves. Im not talking about showing the entire block but maybe a foot or two more all around could have let the viewers not feel so crammed in the space.

This one is great in with colors. All I see is the red and that's an awesome picture to grab. Everything from the break light on the right reflecting off the van, the bricks on the roof, and even the window above the kiosk all come together to show us some type of red.

The CC I would have for this is that it's unfortunately just a boring picture once you look past the color. I would of maybe done something closer to the bikes playing with how the seats are all arranged differently.

You've got the signs of a good eye. Just don't be afraid to show us more. You can change a lot later if you want and you should! Try just sliding bars around and seeing what happens. Or again look at other artist work for inspiration.

Hope that helps!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #4203
    April 2011
    34 Posts

Added tons of noise and clarity, going for a 1930's horror feel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4204
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,378 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #4205
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    3,949 Posts
    Hope that helps!
    Thanks, it does! Wasn't really asking for any lengthy CC, just if I got something going or not. I dunno, it's very hard for me to judge my own work, and to know if I'm doing it "right".

6. Post #4206
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,885 Posts

Animal rights activist and public speaker James Aspey at a demonstration on the beach in Vancouver, B.C.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #4207
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,885 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #4208
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    12,461 Posts
    IMG_8223-Pano.jpg by Ngoh shian Bang, on Flickr

Edited:

IMG_8305 by Ngoh shian Bang, on Flickr

Edited:

IMG_8175-HDR by Ngoh shian Bang, on Flickr

A stitched Pano shot of Taipei. 13 shots form into one, turns out its 187 megapixel in total

IMG_8109-Pano-3 by Ngoh shian Bang, on Flickr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #4209
    January 2011
    789 Posts

Some test shoot stuff selecting models for a 2018 calendar or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

10. Post #4210
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,713 Posts
    What kind of calender is it

11. Post #4211
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    6,404 Posts
    A calander with angels ofc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)