1. Post #4401
    January 2015
    417 Posts

Yes, this was heavily inspired by XanaToast's latest image, just in case you're wondering. Obviously his is much better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #4402
    Gold Member
    May 2012
    2,333 Posts
    Keep in mind that the buildings were intended to be seen from a distance, not up-close. The contrast in texture quality is very noticeable
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Chrome Peru Show Events

3. Post #4403
    Tbonia will grow larger!
    March 2010
    7,975 Posts
    Yes, this was heavily inspired by XanaToast's latest image, just in case you're wondering. Obviously his is much better.
    You should try giving them more motion to what they're doing, in Xana's image it's a fast pace 'down the hatch here comes the frag loser' but these guys look a bit bored given the situation they're in
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

4. Post #4404
    January 2013
    402 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Edge Korea, Republic of Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

5. Post #4405
    April 2015
    973 Posts

Made this because boring military poses are my go-to for when I don't have creative ideas.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #4406
    TFA
    March 2015
    890 Posts
    Made this because boring military poses are my go-to for when I don't have creative ideas.
    Looking pretty nice, but IMO you could improve on the lighting. The colors really blend into each other, and there is very little defined directional light. It could work for a cloudy day, but everything seems to have more of a yellow-green tint.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox Canada Show Events

7. Post #4407
    April 2015
    973 Posts
    I'll improve my lighting when people stop putting excessive amounts of noise in their pictures.

Made this to rectify the lack of Korean War pics on this site.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #4408
    No one likes you, get banned.
    December 2009
    6,466 Posts
    I'll improve my lighting when people stop putting excessive amounts of noise in their pictures.
    You really think anyone cares enough about you "improving" your lighting to change their ways of editing pictures because in your subjective point of view "excessive amounts of noise" is a bad thing? Who do you think you are? Hoooooonestly.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Greece Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

9. Post #4409
    November 2012
    1,205 Posts
    Noise serves a legitimate purpose when it comes to images locked to an 8bit colordepth. Reduction or outright removal of banding in exchange for noise.
    Which can be very severe with broad color gradients some of the more colorful images posted here hold.

In fact; banding is a issue beyond just pretty screenshots.
    One of the obvious in hindsight ones is normalmaps. They also serve as a fantastic visual example of problem (banding) and solution (noise).

And if you want even more bickering about noise, a German model and texture artist also sent me this the other day.
    It's full of all sorts of good stuff on noise and lighting.

Edit:

Despite this I've only ever used noise on renders a total of two times. Imagine that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Waterfox Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1Useful Useful x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

10. Post #4410
    February 2007
    1,533 Posts

And if you want even more bickering about noise, a German model and texture artist also sent me this the other day.
    It's full of all sorts of good stuff on noise and lighting.
    That was extremely interesting and educational, thank you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Chrome Israel Show Events

11. Post #4411
    January 2015
    417 Posts
    You should try giving them more motion to what they're doing, in Xana's image it's a fast pace 'down the hatch here comes the frag loser' but these guys look a bit bored given the situation they're in
    Yeah, I don't usually pose fast pace stuff, I've always posed generic military poses with not much movement at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPad Safari United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #4412
    March 2011
    50 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #4413
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,656 Posts
    Nice to see you're still active, where have you been recently?
    Study, work, study, work etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #4414
    April 2015
    973 Posts
    I need to stop trying to make jokes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #4415

June 2011
    577 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

16. Post #4416
    Metal Gear!
    July 2011
    4,966 Posts
    remove gray highlights from muzzleflashes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox Norway Show Events

17. Post #4417
    August 2015
    14 Posts
    You should try adding shadows, right now it looks like shading and rim lighting alone. The lighting on the soldiers for instance is inconsistent with their environment, they shouldn't be lit like that. Are you using lamps?
    sorry that i havent replied earlier
    im trying to fix my shadows right now and yep, im using lamps
    i would appreciate any advices
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 New Opera Poland Show Events

18. Post #4418
    January 2013
    402 Posts

where did u get those models bruh?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Edge Korea, Republic of Show Events

19. Post #4419
    Tbonia will grow larger!
    March 2010
    7,975 Posts
    they're private
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

20. Post #4420
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    29,869 Posts
    sorry that i havent replied earlier
    im trying to fix my shadows right now and yep, im using lamps
    i would appreciate any advices
    if you can't get them to show no matter what you do, you need a better graphics card

what's your current card
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Finland Show Events

21. Post #4421
    August 2015
    14 Posts
    if you can't get them to show no matter what you do, you need a better graphics card

what's your current card
    i have shadows now, i had to set some new launching options for gmod
    it's nvidia 540m btw
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 New Opera Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #4422

June 2011
    577 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

23. Post #4423

September 2015
    77 Posts
    just a test pic i guess

posing by me and ppabba

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Ukraine Show Events Winner Winner x 6Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

24. Post #4424
    July 2016
    696 Posts
    Some Esp Wars stuff

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

25. Post #4425
    February 2014
    1,835 Posts
    I like the last one, but that grass is just making my eyes bleed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #4426
    July 2016
    696 Posts
    Yeah, i'm not a fan of it ethier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

27. Post #4427
    February 2007
    1,533 Posts
    Try reducing the shadow noise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Israel Show Events

28. Post #4428
    July 2016
    696 Posts
    How do you do that?

I'm gmod not SFM btw

29. Post #4429
    February 2007
    1,533 Posts
    r_projectedtexturefilter 0 in console, it'll make shadow grids show though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Israel Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #4430
    July 2016
    696 Posts
    Right thanks, i'll try that

31. Post #4431
    April 2016
    104 Posts
    *guess a hip hop group*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Opera Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #4432

September 2015
    77 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Ukraine Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

33. Post #4433
    January 2015
    417 Posts

Another piece for my friend's Star Wars RP server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #4434
    February 2007
    1,533 Posts
    Looks great. The atmosphere inside of that tree shouldn't be illuminated though. A darker interior would also make the troopers stand out more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Israel Show Events

35. Post #4435
    January 2015
    417 Posts
    Looks great. The atmosphere inside of that tree shouldn't be illuminated though. A darker interior would also make the troopers stand out more.
    Ah, that may be the fog doing that, probably should have set it further back, when I did the lighting I made sure not to illuminate the interior of he tree trunk. But thanks for the tip, appreciate it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

36. Post #4436
    February 2017
    32 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

37. Post #4437
    No one likes you, get banned.
    December 2009
    6,466 Posts
    Man that movie was so gory.

Good reference.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Greece Show Events

38. Post #4438
    February 2017
    32 Posts
    I'm exceedingly pleased that you got it. Green Room quickly made its way up my list of favourites.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #4439
    April 2015
    973 Posts
    *guess a hip hop group*
    Obviously Beastie Boys.
    That shot's practically straight out of the video for Intergalactic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #4440
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    2,606 Posts

+ some suff edited by Trek :

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/201002

thanks babe
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Belgium Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)