1. Post #4881
    March 2014
    4,705 Posts
    -snip, to funny for facepunch-
    tfw two intelligent
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Opera United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #4882
    October 2014
    1,769 Posts
    I feel smarter already.

3. Post #4883
    Dennab
    January 2016
    1,444 Posts
    why valve never just worked on the console versions of the game and took the class-based game market early on instead of having Overwatch have to do it for console; like really i just dont get it they had so much potential money to be made

4. Post #4884
    February 2014
    694 Posts
    why valve never just worked on the console versions of the game and took the class-based game market early on instead of having Overwatch have to do it for console; like really i just dont get it they had so much potential money to be made
    I recall Valve never really keeping their console ports up to date.
    Orange Box being a big one which still has bugs in Half-Life 2, Portal and especially in TF2 untouched.

L4D and L4D2 is an exception to this however, as both received updates late in their life.
    L4D2 getting repeating in game blog updates to gamemodes which eventually was changed to contain all their previous gamemodes and then abandoned.

Portal 2 I can't recall ever receiving any updates, especially the ability to create your own test chambers which was never implemented.

"PC master race?"

5. Post #4885
    Dennab
    January 2016
    1,444 Posts
    "PC master race?"
    yeah but like WHY NOT its so dumb they could have made SO MUCH MONEY

6. Post #4886

July 2016
    84 Posts
    yeah but like WHY NOT its so dumb they could have made SO MUCH MONEY
    Eh, not really. It costs money for Valve to push updates to their games on consoles, it costs money to optimize their updates for consoles, and Microsoft/Sony take a share of Valve's income for any in-game items.

It's better to create psuedo-exclusivity on Steam so there's no middle-man and Valve can get all revenue from their games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #4887
    Dennab
    January 2016
    1,444 Posts
    Eh, not really. It costs money for Valve to push updates to their games on consoles, it costs money to optimize their updates for consoles, and Microsoft/Sony take a share of Valve's income for any in-game items.

It's better to create psuedo-exclusivity on Steam so there's no middle-man and Valve can get all revenue from their games.
    it doesn't cost money to make updates on consoles anymore, really wish people knew this by now

if you mean in terms of just it costs money to put time into updates then yeah but they would have taken the Overwatch market before it even came out on consoles

8. Post #4888
    June 2015
    1,468 Posts
    Does anyone here have any good gameplay recording software who can record some ingame TF2 stuff for a video I'm doing? Sorry this is coming out of nowhere but apparently nobody I know does.

9. Post #4889
    September 2015
    851 Posts
    Does anyone here have any good gameplay recording software who can record some ingame TF2 stuff for a video I'm doing? Sorry this is coming out of nowhere but apparently nobody I know does.
    Shadowplay if you have an Nvidia card.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #4890
    March 2014
    1,083 Posts
    As stated above, Shadowplay for nvidia cards. Don't use it myself anymore though because of that obnoxious GeForce experience it comes with.

Try OBS. Free and open source. Don't be turned off by its complex look, it's actually really simple. It can be used for streaming and recording.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #4891
    June 2014
    479 Posts
    Any other Mac users having issues with Steam not being recognized in Universal Access?

Steam Overlay refuses to work because of this, and it's already preselected for access. Unticking it and uninstalling everything doesn't seem to work, this bug has been occurring for me for a couple of days now.

12. Post #4892
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,504 Posts
    I recall Valve never really keeping their console ports up to date.
    Orange Box being a big one which still has bugs in Half-Life 2, Portal and especially in TF2 untouched.

L4D and L4D2 is an exception to this however, as both received updates late in their life.
    L4D2 getting repeating in game blog updates to gamemodes which eventually was changed to contain all their previous gamemodes and then abandoned.

Portal 2 I can't recall ever receiving any updates, especially the ability to create your own test chambers which was never implemented.

"PC master race?"
    It is upsetting when games just get dropped like that. The last L4D2 blog update (Actual hand written blog post, not the update notices) was in 2013 or so, and the blog's workshop highlights are still advertising the Santa's Sleigh over C130, Elves CI, Medkit present and Zoey with Xmas hat mods from the same year.

Portal 2's ingame store was long shutdown, and clicking on Trading prompts that the trading feature 'is coming soon!' I know the latter was phased out of TF2 before it was even introduced to Portal 2, in favor of Steam Trading, but still it gives this feeling of abandonment.

13. Post #4893
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,096 Posts
    In a situation where many players are at low health, should a Medic heal them all a little bit or just focus on getting one of them up to max before moving on to the next player? With the abundance of AoE in the game, I think the latter is a better choice, prioritizing classes most likely to get shot at (Soldiers, Demomen, Heavies).

14. Post #4894
    April 2016
    535 Posts
    In a situation where many players are at low health, should a Medic heal them all a little bit or just focus on getting one of them up to max before moving on to the next player? With the abundance of AoE in the game, I think the latter is a better choice, prioritizing classes most likely to get shot at (Soldiers, Demomen, Heavies).
    He should stick to healing people one at a time, allowing other classes to be healed faster with crit heals

15. Post #4895
    May 2013
    3,447 Posts
    Focus on the people in front taking damage, then when the fight is over heal those who are most likely to leave you first. That is the general rule, but it depends really; healing order is something you develop over time playing Medic.

16. Post #4896
    July 2016
    87 Posts

Idk what's going on with my game. I have some green/black textures appearing on top of regular textures. They only show if I walk close to them. Is my game being possessed by missingno?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #4897
    September 2016
    50 Posts
    Petition for Valve to actually add some new weapons. I've just come back to TF2 after a year of Overwatch and it's literally the same as I've left it weapon-wise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Late Late x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #4898
    April 2014
    892 Posts
    Petition for Valve to actually add some new weapons. I've just come back to TF2 after a year of Overwatch and it's literally the same as I've left it weapon-wise.

If you're a pyro guy then you only have to wait a little bit longer, good luck if you play someone else though and will have to hope that they actually balance/overhaul a lot of the (useless) unlocks to feel different and fun this summer along side the pyro/fungal jungle update.

Please put the bison back to it's previous state, I want to have fun again.

19. Post #4899
    June 2016
    605 Posts
    just won a green energy bombing run (26 keys) in a spy crab, woo!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #4900
    December 2013
    1,496 Posts
    Am I the only one that has stupidly high ping while playing in Luxemburg servers? A server on Germany is all fine fine and dandy, capping at 70, meanwhile joining a Casual Luxemburg server gives me 162 ping.

It isn't exactly fun when I cannot even play the game outside of cp_orange and mario_kart.

Is there a solution other than "lol stop having shit internet"? Cause my internet is doing great, it is just that Casual servers in particular have high ping for me.

21. Post #4901
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    7,288 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Vivaldi Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

22. Post #4902
    January 2015
    1,422 Posts
    Sometimes I see people with their name set as "Sentry Gun (*name*)" and I get momentarily confused when I see their name in the killfeed; especially if they got back stabbed or something.

23. Post #4903
    February 2014
    194 Posts
    Does anyone know if it is possible to disable connection to item servers manually?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #4904
    September 2016
    50 Posts

If you're a pyro guy then you only have to wait a little bit longer, good luck if you play someone else though and will have to hope that they actually balance/overhaul a lot of the (useless) unlocks to feel different and fun this summer along side the pyro/fungal jungle update.

Please put the bison back to it's previous state, I want to have fun again.
    I'm just praying that the weapons actually look good. It seems that the only new weapons valve's been adding are promotional ones that just look so out of place.

Can we get something that's actually sleek and stylish for once rather than....

yeah...

On a side note, coming back to TF2 after about a year of Overwatch is really jarring. It seems Valve's taken some "inspiration" from Blizzard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #4905
    February 2014
    694 Posts
    It seems Valve's taken some "inspiration" from Blizzard.
    What? Where...?
    if you're talking about the matchmaking then I'm afraid a lot of games before Overwatch was even a thing had that style of matchmaking boyo.

In addition if we're on about taking "inspiration" from other games I'd say Overwatch took minor inspiration from TF2.
    Which one of the devs from OW has already stated there was many times when he and other members of the design team would look at TF2 and other similar games for inspiration, be it design wise or mechanics.

Which unfortunately doesn't seem to be for map layout since a good chunk of Overwatch's maps have "First cap, one doorway syndrome"

26. Post #4906
    September 2016
    50 Posts
    What? Where...?
    if you're talking about the matchmaking then I'm afraid a lot of games before Overwatch was even a thing had that style of matchmaking boyo.

In addition if we're on about taking "inspiration" from other games I'd say Overwatch took minor inspiration from TF2.
    Which one of the devs from OW has already stated there was many times when he and other members of the design team would look at TF2 and other similar games for inspiration, be it design wise or mechanics.

Which unfortunately doesn't seem to be for map layout since a good chunk of Overwatch's maps have "First cap, one doorway syndrome"
    yeah, kinda dumb on my part
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)