1. Post #4241
    April 2014
    1,867 Posts
    Free hats and shit. Take anything you want, except for the Pip-Boy, Mad Milk and Pyrovision Goggles.
    https://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffe...token=hlRo8YwA

Don't be "that guy" and take a whole bunch of shit. Limit yourself to like 4 items at the most.
    I'm gonna use this stuff I got as prizes in a contest on the loadout thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #4242
    October 2014
    393 Posts

wew lad
    I will return momentarily with the results.

Edited:

Gonna give these bad boys away in contest form.

Rate wrench to enter, will end in about an hour.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Useful Useful x 29Friendly Friendly x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #4243
    March 2017
    254 Posts
    Rate wrench to enter
    Can you count me as entered, I can't vote yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4244
    November 2013
    980 Posts
    Free hats and shit. Take anything you want, except for the Pip-Boy, Mad Milk and Pyrovision Goggles.
    https://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffe...token=hlRo8YwA

Don't be "that guy" and take a whole bunch of shit. Limit yourself to like 4 items at the most.
    I wasn't expecting you to answer so quickly. Thanks a lot, Quiltbag. And hey, best of lucks in what you decide to do next!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Chile Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #4245
    October 2014
    393 Posts

Gonna give these bad boys away in contest form.

Rate wrench to enter, will end in about an hour.
    Results:

If you're in the top 6, send me a trade request with the proper prize to claim said prize.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

6. Post #4246
    March 2017
    254 Posts
    Thanks mate
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #4247
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,588 Posts
    You're the best, thanks for the cone and kits!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #4248
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,621 Posts

Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #4249
    October 2014
    2,209 Posts
    oh fuck I actually won something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

10. Post #4250
    May 2013
    6,753 Posts
    is that a fucking overwatch hud
    you monster
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #4251
    Gold Member
    March 2013
    5,611 Posts
    Well, that's that. After 45 trade offers every cosmetic item from my inventory's been given out. I hope you guys enjoy.

Trade offers are still open if you feel the need for unique weapons and stuff. They're not going to get any use sitting around in my backpack so they might as well go to people who will use them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #4252
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    8,980 Posts
    Can the same person do repeats?
    Its been a while since i saw people register just to ask for free stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

13. Post #4253
    May 2016
    675 Posts
    I just missed three giveaways.

Kill me now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree x 9Funny x 2Disagree x 1Friendly x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #4254
    November 2012
    740 Posts
    I just missed three giveaways.

Kill me now.
    later
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #4255
    October 2015
    5,353 Posts
    I'm going to be raffling off three items now: A Strange Spec KS Botkiller Scattergun, a Field Tested Festive Liquid Asset and the Heavy Wolfenstein Mask promo. Rate this post whatever you want to enter the raffle. The raffle ends at 5:00 PST.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly x 27Optimistic x 2Artistic x 1Funny x 1Informative x 1Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #4256
    March 2017
    254 Posts
    Its been a while since i saw people register just to ask for free stuff.
    I registered a few days beforehand.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United States Show Events

17. Post #4257
    October 2015
    5,353 Posts
    The winners of the raffle are Giggle, MatiHood1 and blueNES. Congratulations. Add me to claim your prizes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

18. Post #4258
    April 2014
    1,867 Posts
    The winners of the raffle are Giggle, MatiHood1 and blueNES. Congratulations. Add me to claim your prizes.
    Wow. I'm on a roll here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events

19. Post #4259
    September 2014
    2,657 Posts
    What benefit gives emptying ones Inventory? Why not keep your stuff for the offchance youll start playing again?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Safari Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

20. Post #4260
    Gold Member
    March 2013
    5,611 Posts
    I will not play this game again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Optimistic x 13Friendly x 5Agree x 1Disagree x 1Winner x 1Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #4261
    July 2016
    104 Posts
    This nifty handheld can run tf2 at ~40 fps at lowest settings (dx9). With a fps config and dx8 enabled I wonder how many frames it can push out. I always wanted an ultra portable tf2 machine and this one looks great. It's a full windows 10 pc and costs around only $320.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

22. Post #4262
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    11,160 Posts
    I suppose it's a technical achievement but what's the point tho? you're gonna get rolled by anyone and barely be able to get anything done. where's the fun?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #4263
    May 2013
    6,753 Posts
    I suppose it's a technical achievement but what's the point tho? you're gonna get rolled by anyone and barely be able to get anything done. where's the fun?
    For science, of course.

Also tbh if you already know how to play the game this will just put you down to the level of the average player
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #4264
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,739 Posts
    This nifty handheld can run tf2 at ~40 fps at lowest settings (dx9). With a fps config and dx8 enabled I wonder how many frames it can push out. I always wanted an ultra portable tf2 machine and this one looks great. It's a full windows 10 pc and costs around only $320.
    how long until someone finds a way to get tf2 running on a calculator
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #4265
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,749 Posts
    My 144 hz monitor came today, this thing is incredible, I know it's just placebo effect but I feel like it's improved my aim like a billion fold, shit's crazy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #4266
    February 2012
    339 Posts
    My 144 hz monitor came today, this thing is incredible, I know it's just placebo effect but I feel like it's improved my aim like a billion fold, shit's crazy.
    That's my long-term computer goal is to get a set up that can flawlessly support a 144 hz monitor, what kind did you get and what was the price?

27. Post #4267
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,749 Posts
    That's my long-term computer goal is to get a set up that can flawlessly support a 144 hz monitor, what kind did you get and what was the price?
    This is what I bought,
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I absolutely love it, on a side note the color detail is suuuuper crisp as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #4268
    January 2016
    524 Posts
    I have the same exact monitor and I absolutely love it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events

29. Post #4269
    September 2014
    2,657 Posts
    I will not play this game again.
    You underestimate how much your opinon can change over time.

I aint the boss of you but I just know of so many people that thought they are done, gave away their shit and 2 years later get invited to play again and then get hooked again and regret everything...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Safari Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #4270
    September 2012
    2,845 Posts
    Yeah for a game like TF2 it's more of a technical achievement, you wouldn't really want to play a game like TF2 or CSGO on that computer. There are plenty of games that work well with controllers that would be better to play on that computer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events

31. Post #4271
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    8,980 Posts
    You underestimate how much your opinon can change over time.

I aint the boss of you but I just know of so many people that thought they are done, gave away their shit and 2 years later get invited to play again and then get hooked again and regret everything...
    Getting stuff bit by bit was half the fun when i got into tf2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Show Events

32. Post #4272
    October 2013
    1,526 Posts
    Trading was super fun back when keys were worth around 2 refined. Now they're 25.

Everything is fucking insanely expensive. I'm not sure how new players can even get into serious trading at this point.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

33. Post #4273
    July 2007
    804 Posts
    Trading was super fun back when keys were worth around 2 refined. Now they're 25.

Everything is fucking insanely expensive. I'm not sure how new players can even get into serious trading at this point.
    Metal was a lot more valuable back in the day. There was very little of it to go around and normal hats were still coveted. Some people clued in that it was profitable to farm metal with swarms of accounts. It was all downhill from there.

Initially, new players have it better than before because all items tied to metal are so cheap. Dropping $5 on the game to get premium gets a smart trader a good base. Within their reach are all weapons, many hats, some taunts, most stranges, and items that have been unboxed to oblivion. However, since late game trading is tied to key related items, it's nearly impossible to get into given the huge difference between metal and keys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

34. Post #4274
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    11,160 Posts

what did you expect? valve did nothing with metal
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

35. Post #4275
    July 2016
    104 Posts
    This is what I bought,
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I absolutely love it, on a side note the color detail is suuuuper crisp as well.
    Wow wtf, last time I checked this monitor never went for under $300

36. Post #4276
    April 2016
    714 Posts
    am I the only one who picks up any old monitor from a pawn/thrift store when I need a monitor?

230 bucks seems really pricey, especially for a cheap-ass like me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #4277
    September 2014
    2,657 Posts
    I dont get people complaining about key prices changing

back then a single key could get you a hat

now you can get entire loadouts for almost all classes with a single key
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

38. Post #4278
    September 2016
    283 Posts
    I think it's the fact that poor people who dont invest a lot of money cant get keys as cheap as they used to be.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Greece Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

39. Post #4279
    June 2014
    7,611 Posts
    The thing is I don't really care about keys at all. What's the sense in gambling away your metal for a tiny chance at some gaudy particle effects when you could always buy the exact cosmetics you want for half the price in metal?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #4280
    July 2007
    804 Posts
    Only those willing to throw away value use keys for unboxing. The smart ones save them up for what they want.

Keys are the currency for higher tier trading. Unusuals, popular taunts, special stranges, rare cosmetics, and everything else that costs more than a key. The things that players covet and want to own. They're basically impossible to get unless you're extremely lucky, or throw in your own money.

The TF team would like to make metal more valuable, but they're unable to combat a certain force: account farming. If it's profitable, people will find ways to take advantage of it.