1. Post #2081
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    596 Posts
    I use both Mac and Windows and I don't really see a difference in my opinion. Maybe like slight design differences but the programs the same.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #2082
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,977 Posts
    i think most people will use whatever computer they happen to own

3. Post #2083
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    11,567 Posts
    i think most people will use whatever computer they happen to own
    Yea, but within the industry, it seems like mostly macs, and compatibility is annoying especially with HDDs.

4. Post #2084
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,977 Posts
    that is industry though

most people in this thread are amateurs?

these are two very different arguments

5. Post #2085
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    596 Posts
    Don't have pictures of it right now but my school just got a Epson 9900 and its amazing. To put it into perspective the biggest printer we had before this was a Epson 4900. I already did a 40" x 30" print. It came out terrible but my boss told me to do it so...

6. Post #2086
    January 2011
    783 Posts
    This, heavy lenses can weigh down your ballhead, if its vertical, your camera might slide slowly.

Also, what os do you guys use for Post processing and DI? Mac or windows?

I know almost everyone in the industry uses Mac, but what's wrong with windows?
    All the adobe programs are exactly the same on osx and windows, also more pro-level stuff like Capture one is exactly the same on both

There's a few odd things that you can only get on either windows or osx but I can't think of any off the top of my head

For hard drive compatability format as exFAT and you can use it on both

Edited:

I have a mac and a pc but I prefer using windows, just feels much faster and more efficient - finder is a really weird piece of software for folder and file management

Edited:

I actually ended up putting windows on my macbook for a bit because osx kept pissing me off lol

7. Post #2087
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    11,567 Posts
    that is industry though

most people in this thread are amateurs?

these are two very different arguments
    Yes, but industry or not, there is a tendency that macs or macbooks are recommended for photography, videography and graphic design

8. Post #2088
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    6,288 Posts
    because mac is plug and play and in general their displays are better than windows laptops.

9. Post #2089
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    6,515 Posts
    for workstations it seems to not matter but for laptops apple seems pretty top notch

10. Post #2090

December 2016
    548 Posts
    Aren't Apple's monitors generally more color-accurate long-term? I thought they had fewer issues with drift, but that might be an early 2000s legacy thing. I'm not really up on modern computing hardware.

11. Post #2091
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,543 Posts
    as best as I can tell, the whole mac vs. pc argument (as it relates to designers and photographers) is based in 2000s and early 2010s hardware and nowadays there is functionally little to no difference between the two, unless you're shelling out mad $$$ for a huge retina display or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Opera United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #2092
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    2,060 Posts
    Hey I remember someone posting that it would be interesting to see how differently people edit images and I thought about it just now and was thinking of making a thread about it. But I only really have my own raw files so if we all post an unedited picture in this thread we can all vote and get a say in what picture we all edit and then we make a thread for it?

I think it's easiest if we only count agree votes so rate agree on the image you think we should edit. Votes on your own pictures doesn't count.
    Let's have a deadline on Tuesday 17:00 GMT +2, the one with the most agrees then will be the one we edit and a separate thread will be created.

This is my unedited contribution:

Here's the link to the raw file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bps48ukvhc..._6186.NEF?dl=0
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #2093

December 2016
    548 Posts
    I think that's a great idea.

As an aside, I kind of misread your post and edited the picture you posted. I like how it turned out, and I think there's a lot of creative opportunity in something like this.

Here's my take on yours, if you're interested.